gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Okay, look at it from this perspective. If I was a jester. Let's first assume that I'm telling the truth about my rolename. Peach would definitely not be a jester. So I would have to be lying about my rolename. Now, as far as I'm aware, jesters don't get faleclaims. But if I did, what are the chances that I would get the one fakeclaim that makes it impossible for town to lynch me? From a balance perspective, that almost guarantees me a win. I doubt that that would have been the case.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Bah. Too hard to catch up. /replace me
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Fate, calm the heck down. It's just a game. Go, like, do some yoga or something. Good grief.

Fate, what do you think of mongoose?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by mothrax »

Ok, so I appologize again for not posting but it is really hard to keep track of a game I missed the whole first day of... I feel like I replaced in...
But here is an attempt at content...
Mongoose has not been incredibly active(hypocrytical I know...) but he buddied early d1 with diddin... also, he jumped on the gandalf wagon after the claim. I think anyone who did this is scummy... gandalf put town in a crappy position for d2... we have two options... lynch him and one of three things happens... he flips jester, we lose. he flips BP, we lose a day, or he flips scum, we kill scum... a 66% chance of a really negative action happening...
or we let him live and nothing bad happens, though if he survives the night, he is scum... (unless he is protected, which is up to the doc)
for now:
lynchvote: Mongoose
untownvote, townvote nacho

furry's reaction to the claim is a mild bit offputting, enough for him not to be the towniest in my eyes... not scummy, but a def nuetral read at this point.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

No, I would not survive the night under any circumstances, barring a doc. There are multiple scum groups. Also, how many time do I have to say that we only lose a day if I'm NKed? Also, for the last time, why the hell would scum make a claim like this?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@Mothrax: If he's jester, and we lynch him, we don't lose. He wins, but then he is removed from the game and play continues as normal. He wins, but we don't lose. I don't know how else to explain it. Now, I'm gonna flip your scenarios around a bit. Here's what happens if we DON'T lynch him:
1. He's jester. We keep someone in play whose job is to be scummy/annoying enough to be lynched.
2. He's scum. We keep a scum alive, which is something town NEVER wants to do.
3. He's telling the truth. Then he gets NK'd and we lose toMorrow.

Hmm, seems like a 100% chance of precipitation there folks. I hate to say it, but our best choice right now is to lynch Gandalf. For future reference Gandalf, don't EVER claim Princess. Like ever. You will be hated forever.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Switz
Switz
Goon
Switz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Switz »

Fate, this isn't like scum claiming something like Doctor because they're at L-1. This is a player spontaneously claim a role that has the potential to majorly fuck us over and send us right into Day 4 without passing Go or collecting $200.

There is zero benefit to Gandalf doing this as scum. So this isn't a possibility.

There is maximum benefit to Gandalf doing this as jester. At which point he "wins" and we play for 2nd place. Not the best scenario, but I'm willing to take it over us potentially losing D3 and getting two Nights in a row where the 2 scum factions can pick us off one by one.

And there's moderate benefit to Gandalf and the town if he really is the Beautiful Princess. Claiming forces us to lynch him, which gets him out of the game in the only way that does not spark a funeral and allows us to go on with our scumhunting tomorrow.

I don't particularly like having to do this but it's getting done. If we do anything but lynch Gandalf today we are actively reducing our chances of success. Period.

Now, you've made your objections, so get off your soapbox and let's get on with this.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Yeah, whether or not we lynch me is out of the question. We can debate over whether me claiming was a good idea, but it's really too late for that. Now that the town has weighed in, I'll
Lynch Vote: Gandalf

BTW, I am kind of pissed that I got this role. I'll definitely continue reading post-death.
SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by SharkFinn »

Between him not claiming and getting NK'd later or claiming now, I think he's pulling off the better of the town scenarios here. Yea he can be jester, but I'm not seeing it. I truly am not at this moment. Mongoose is my top list as scum, but in the mean time, better set off the beloved princess now better than later.

VOTE: Gandalf5166
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Post by Stels »

gandalf5166 wrote:Okay, look at it from this perspective. If I was a jester. Let's first assume that I'm telling the truth about my rolename.
Peach would definitely not be a jester
. So I would have to be lying about my rolename.
Now, as far as I'm aware, jesters don't get faleclaims
. But if I did, what are the chances that I would get the one fakeclaim that makes it impossible for town to lynch me? From a balance perspective, that almost guarantees me a win. I doubt that that would have been the case.
From what we saw D1, Luigi who was always a good guy turned out to be a Mafia Godfather. Why the hell can't Princess Peach (FUCKING SUICIDE MANIAC MASOCHIST WHO LOVES TO GET CAPTURED BY BOWSER TO NO END) not have some twisted role? Jester/Scum/BPrincess have a fair chance here, I think.
I'm not going to lynch Gandalf despite him pulling out an anti-town move almost at the beginning of the day. I would rather lynch scum today than waste it on some confused unknown Princess. >_>
Pikachu
Pikachu
Townie
Pikachu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Pikachu »

[AGM]

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING. STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP. GANDALF LYNCH IS THE FUCKING WORST IDEA. EVER.

1) Flavor speculation is bull shit
2) Even if he's telling the truth, we still LOSE A LYNCH, so basically its lynch vs smashball, and lynch is waaaaay better because you get data and wagon analysis out of it, unlike this shit where everybody just piles on gandalf for the same reason and then one person Vig's somebody for who knows the fuck why.
3) This whole thing SCREAMS JESTER at the top of its lungs.
Pikachu
Pikachu
Townie
Pikachu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Pikachu »

Kirby wrote:3. He's telling the truth. Then he gets NK'd and we lose toMorrow.
And my god, and statements like this really get to me because people are acting like "OMG IF WE DONT LYNCH GANDALF THE GAME FUCKIN ENDS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

THATS NOT HOW IT IS AT ALL. You lose today by lynching gandalf so ITS THE SAME.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:11 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@Pikachu: In one of my previous games (Crayola Catastrophe in Coney Island), it was determined that lynching jester is not only good for the jester (obv), but also for town, and even for scum. This is the main reason I don't think jester is a good idea to have in forum mafia (at least not if play continues if he's lynched).

Ninja edit: I meant we lose like 7-8 town players, worse scenario (some NKs could be indies or cross-kills, etc.). Not that we lose the game.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Fate »

K Pikachu and Stels are town.

Mongoose is probably scum. I got town vibes from one of his post late D1 so I didn't smash him to pieces.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Fate »

Kirby is just dumb, 7-8? Where the fuck are you getting these numbers?
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:26 am

Post by Fate »

mothrax wrote:Ok, so I appologize again for not posting but it is really hard to keep track of a game I missed the whole first day of... I feel like I replaced in...
But here is an attempt at content...
Mongoose has not been incredibly active(hypocrytical I know...) but he buddied early d1 with diddin... also, he jumped on the gandalf wagon after the claim. I think anyone who did this is scummy... gandalf put town in a crappy position for d2... we have two options... lynch him and one of three things happens... he flips jester, we lose. he flips BP, we lose a day, or he flips scum, we kill scum... a 66% chance of a really negative action happening...
or we let him live and nothing bad happens, though if he survives the night, he is scum... (unless he is protected, which is up to the doc)
for now:
lynchvote: Mongoose
untownvote, townvote nacho

furry's reaction to the claim is a mild bit offputting, enough for him not to be the towniest in my eyes... not scummy, but a def nuetral read at this point.
FTR: Life isn't as simple as "either it happens or it doesn't. There's a 50% chance you'll get killed tomorrow or you won't" so uhhhh yeah.

I like the rest of the post though.

Unvote:
LynchVote: Mongoose
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Fate »

Brian Hollywood wrote:hmmmm....after reading this entire thread, which took me a billion years, I am going to do this..

UNVOTE: MPR

Also, Gollum, I do know better;-)
This post was on August 2nd.

YO MODD
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:28 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Fate wrote:Kirby is just dumb, 7-8? Where the fuck are you getting these numbers?
Honestly? From my ass. Why do you wanna know?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Fate »

^It was a rhetorical question. The point is that's a bullshit estimate, and it feels like spreading fear tactics in order to waste a lynch on a jester. MAJOR POINT LOSS KIRBY--

TOWN
Pikachu
Nacho
Mothrax
Stels
Gollum
tanstalas
Furry
Framm 18
kocc42
Switz
manho
MPR

WHO/MAYBE/NEEDS REPLACING**:
Brian Hollywood**
I doubt it**
MafiaSSK**

SCUM
mongoose
Chronopie
Zazie
xVEZOKENERZZZSEEXZE
Bunnylover

If vigging into this lot doesn't hit scum I DUN KNOW WHAT I"LL DO. Pay attention NACHO
Pikachu
Pikachu
Townie
Pikachu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:09 am

Post by Pikachu »

[AGM]

Fate, why isn't Kirby scum?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Fate »

Lol I forgot to put him on the scum list. He's probably not Traitor scum though, so he's only half scummy

>_>
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Bunnylover »

o.o I would just like to point out something about Gandalf claim.
He claimed he is the Beloved Princess, his character been Peach.
If he was the jester why would he claim such an obvious character?
If he was the jester fake claiming, then someone should have been able to counter claim the Peach character, shouldn't they?
With going on that logic
Lynch Vote Gandalf

If he is the BL, we lose our day lynch, but can resume lynching scum then next day, with fewer suspect as well due to mafia killing people, and other pro-townie roles.
If he is the jester, he wins the game, we lost our day lynch, but can resume lynching someone the next day, with fewer suspect as well due to mafia killing people and other pro-townies roles.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:35 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Okay, bunny is scum too.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Bunnylover »

gandalf5166 wrote:Okay, bunny is scum too.
x-x How exactly do you get that?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:34 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Gut. This is why I don't consider my lynch a waste of a day. It may be guaranteed to be a mislynch, but it produces some really good content anyways. For example, Fate is most likely town based on his response.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”