/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Fourth Vote Count of Day One

Kmd4390 (5) -- Elmo, Rhinox, Ellibereth, Herodotus, VasudeVa
Hoopla (3) -- Papa Zito, Amished, mith
zoraster (2) -- DrippingGoofball, Kmd4390
DrippingGoofball (2) -- zoraster, Zorblag
ooba (1) -- Plumegranate
Rhinox (1) -- ooba
Herodotus (1) -- SpyreX
Amished (1) -- populartajo

Not Voting (4) -- ekiM, Hoopla, My Milked Eek, Slicey

With 20 alive, 11 votes will be needed to lynch. Deadline: 25th of August, at 12:30 am US Central Time.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Why I do not like one hider claim:

There's absolutely no certainty that we have a hider. I cannot imagine what benefits one could see that are not in a massclaim. In fact one of the biggest disadvantages imo is the uncertainty of the claim. If we had massclaimed before assigning the scum roles we would have gotten more certainty. And now that there is one hider claim and not two or none, the likelihood of a fakeclaim lies higher. Was the hider against a massclaim?
Eek
!
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@My Milked Eek, at this point Troll will say why not read the thread more carefully and see if you want to try answering that again in a way that demonstrates anything close to an understanding of what be going on.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Amished »

@Tajo: No, I don't care to elaborate.

@MME: Who's scum?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Hoopla »

ekiM wrote: DGB, Hoopla. What response were you expecting if DBG were believed by most? No vote switching? We were pretty damn close to deadline, what did you think was going to happen, precisely?
To be honest, I wasn't very invested at the time and wasn't fully aware of what the consequences were for each specific outcome of a Hider claim. I thought 'not roleblocker' was the only option that would have happened. Why didn't we lock in Assassin if we had a Hider, because couldn't she only jump three possible PR's now?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Hoopla »

Oh wait, how am I missing out on the KMD wagon?

Duh.

Vote: KMD
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Elmo wrote:Let's restate. You think she's scum, clearly voting her is fine, but that is based on things that happened in Day 0; so you must have suspected her back then, but didn't question or pressure her, in order to get good info for later. To me, it looks a little like you didn't actually do anything until Day 1, where you're sort-of-required to throw a vote out. Do you see my view?
I did suspect her back then. In fact, take a look at post 0 in my iso. However, Day 0 was Boring Mechanics Day.

Also I'm not required to throw a vote out at the beginning of Day 1. But I want to see Hoopla hang, see.
mith wrote:Papa Zito, Troll: You two have hydra'd together several times. I'd be interested in your current reads on each other
Papa Zito be unable to read Troll in a reliable way. Papa Zito finds him be quite capable of masking true intent while appearing as a paragon of towniness.

That said, I think his hider stuff Day 0 was terrible and more scum-motivated than town. Also law of averages.
Troll wrote:@Papa Zito, what be your opinion about games without alignment reveals? (Mind you, Troll believes Troll knows the answer to that but would prefer that you be the one who shares it now.) What made you pick janitor as one of the two roles you would like to give scum?
I find them crippling. What was that one game... I think it was Plum's, where you'd lynch people but they wouldn't flip right away, and you'd have to vote them again to make them flip. It was absolutely maddening.

ITT though the janitor is one-shot, and that's what attracted me. I like the idea of giving scum a role they can only use once, and then effectively become vanilla.
Hoopla wrote:Oh wait, how am I missing out on the KMD wagon?

Duh.

Vote: KMD
Haha look at this.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Papa Zito, really, you think that the hider claim idea was terrible and more scum-motivated than town-motivated? Thanks in large part to Troll pushing it (but no thanks at all to Papa Zito trying to stop the town from being able to use Day 0) town now be explicitly in a better position in terms of knowledge of the setup. What be the scum motivation there and how does it be terrible.

So if you thought that the janitor would give a crippling result restricted to just one day what were your thoughts of the rolecop and assassin. Troll be surprised that your dislike of the janitor from a town position no got mentioned at all though you no seemed to be interested in talking about things and trying to make an informed decision in which the town actually tried to work things out.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Ellibereth »

My Milked Eek wrote:Why I do not like one hider claim:

There's absolutely no certainty that we have a hider. I cannot imagine what benefits one could see that are not in a massclaim. In fact one of the biggest disadvantages imo is the uncertainty of the claim. If we had massclaimed before assigning the scum roles we would have gotten more certainty. And now that there is one hider claim and not two or none, the likelihood of a fakeclaim lies higher. Was the hider against a massclaim?
Eek is prob town.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Ellibereth »

populartajo wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Amished is prob town.
Why?
Get the feeling from his attitude toward you thinking he's scum.
FLASH OF GREEN
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:42 am

Post by ekiM »

Vote: Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Hoopla »

Be nice, ekiM.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Troll wrote: @Elmo, Troll's experience with Ellibereth as town be that him puts too many town on his suspicion lists then as well (Pledge of Allegiance, for example) for reasons that no be particularly good (or transparent) and that him does a relatively poor job of re-examining.
My entire scumlist there tourned out to be the whole third party team system >.>

Hero, I'm not getting why the janitor wagon is particularily suspect.

Also, my impression of Hoops is that she's more absentmind/missing/forgettingstuffish as town. I think.
FLASH OF GREEN
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Ellibereth, yes, your entire scum list turned out to be the third party team system who were trying to help the town while the mafia tended to end up on your town list. I'm not impressed by your initial reads in general and I think that you're too reluctant to look at evidence and make changes where you should. I also think that that trait doesn't make you any more likely to be scum.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by mith »

My Milked Eek: What Troll said. (Wow.)

Hoopla: I'm reasonably confident you can work out why the Janitor got hammered by looking through the posts between DGB's claim and retraction (Hint: What do Janitor/Assassin and Janitor/Rolecop have in common?). I also find it very hard to believe that you saw DGB's claim and thought it was clearly fake, but didn't notice that Janitor was climbing in the vote count. I think you're lying scum and I want to lynch you. How does that make you feel?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@Spy:
Just because you don't use meta as a basis for deciding your town/scum reads doesn't mean you wouldn't be happy with others saying "Spyrex is doing what he would do as town here."

I can't help you regarding your perception of a change in tone. I'm aware of neither the details of the basis for this, nor any reason at all why you would expect scum would change their tone and town wouldn't. Normally I'd point you back to the MD thread in which we commented on this, but I don't see any point to that here.
Acccctuuallly I'm more than happy to disregard that kind of garbagio too. I don't need town points. I need blood, and the right kind. That's it.

What MD thread? What does that have to do with anything?

Opinions can change. However, everything about how your opinion changed (or didn't if you're going to go with the "I brought it up as a bad idea" angle) is bad news bears.

That still doesn't hold a candle to the fuzzy math though.

A more global question:

I love killin me people but this KMD wagon seems to be growing on its own fat. Que?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Hoopla »

mith wrote: Hoopla: I'm reasonably confident you can work out why the Janitor got hammered by looking through the posts between DGB's claim and retraction (Hint: What do Janitor/Assassin and Janitor/Rolecop have in common?). I also find it very hard to believe that you saw DGB's claim and thought it was clearly fake, but didn't notice that Janitor was climbing in the vote count. I think you're lying scum and I want to lynch you. How does that make you feel?
Good point about the janitor - I suppose I don't have any defense for that really, other than I didn't think about the consequences. How do I feel? It makes me feel wary, because it seems like the sort of tell for you that is strong enough to direct a lot of your attention to me today. And I want to stop that, because it will be a mutual waste of time if you're town, but I don't know how to get out of that hole.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

vote: Hoopla

I want to see where this goes.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:10 am

Post by ooba »

Work beckons .. Will catch up tomorrow or day after that ..
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:23 am

Post by populartajo »

VasudeVa wrote:Tajo, why do you know about my meta/asking about it? I have never played with you before.
This isnt a valid response.

Vote: Vasudeva.

Wagon go.

Spyrex is town.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I thought you people WANTED to play together?
(it's me, isn't it, doing the job you hired Patrick for...)

Prodding DGB,
Elmo
, KMD,
Plumegranate
, Rhinox, and zoroaster for falling behind activity guidelines.
Slicey has a small grace period to his prod, due to weekend V/LA. Elmo and Plumegranate get a bye due to Caffwagon.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

Had a busy weekend and need to get caught up now. I'll post something more substantial later.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:45 am

Post by populartajo »

Mr. Flay wrote:I thought you people WANTED to play together?
(it's me, isn't it, doing the job you hired Patrick for...)

Prodding DGB,
Elmo
, KMD,
Plumegranate
, Rhinox, and zoroaster for falling behind activity guidelines.
Slicey has a small grace period to his prod, due to weekend V/LA. Elmo and Plumegranate get a bye due to Caffwagon.
Thx Flay. At least one of these guys is scum.

DGB, Elmo, KMD, Plum, Rhinox and Zoraster.

Remember to isolate Tajo when you are in endgame and POE gives you a name out of this list.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Elmo »

Yea, CaffWagon more absorbing than I thought it would be.
Zorblag wrote:@Elmo, Troll's experience with Ellibereth as town be that him puts too many town on his suspicion lists then as well (Pledge of Allegiance, for example) for reasons that no be particularly good (or transparent) and that him does a relatively poor job of re-examining.
Yeah, my observation was that he had weak but vaguely understandable reasons for his reads; when he was in Teleportation, it seemed to be more "it's tactically nice to consider ___ town, so I do". I think the latter is more likely at the moment.

ooba, that doesn't really answer my question. If you're town, and you couldn't do it, why is it suspicious not to do it?
Papa Zito wrote:I did suspect her back then. In fact, take a look at post 0 in my iso. However, Day 0 was Boring Mechanics Day.
This is not an explanation for not pressuring someone you suspect; why didn't you?
populartajo wrote:Thx Flay. At least one of these guys is scum.
Exactly or at least one? Why? I don't remember you taking this position before.

I could also wagon Hoopla. Something about "that's a good point mith, I'll try to allay your concerns" sounds too much like a politician. Infact, I will, VOTE: Hoopla
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Hoopla »

You don't trust politicians, Elmo? :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”