Mini 1023 - City Watch Mafia - Game Over!

KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:04 am

Post by KHG »

Okay, Plum, I shouldn't have asked those questions.
Plum wrote:I am a VT = I don't have any abilities.
I'm a Townie = Look guys I am so completely and totally Town, really super Town!
I still don't see the sense in this, for the record, but it's not a pertinent issue.
Mysterio wrote:@KHG Now you've unvoted me and are jumping on the Narsis wagon. What about my previous scumminess has changed?
I am
not
jumping on the Narsis wagon. As of this moment, I have not voted for him.

I was the first person to vote for you, Mysterio, and your later posts led me to believe you were pro-town.

Narsis has not posted over the last two pages, and I'll give him a chance to respond.
jimfinn wrote:I've decided that Narsis and Tasky are buddying far too much, especially in the light of the arguments made in #246. I've also been slightly appeased by Mysterio's attitude in his most recent post, even though I'm still a bit suspicious of his original insistence on the massclaim. However, I think it is worth the vote switch, so I will unvote VOTE: Narsis
You're voting for Narsis simply because of "buddying" with Tasky?

VOTE COUNT

Narsis (5): Plum, Budja, VasudeVa, Thor665, jimfinn
Mysterio (3): Tasky, Narsis, FakeGod
jimfinn (1): Chronopie
VasudeVa (1): TheButtonmen

Not Voting (2): Mysterio, KHG

With 12 alive, 7 votes are needed to lynch.
Last edited by molestargazer on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've made a huge mistake.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:06 am

Post by jimfinn »

Two players that buddy extensively are likely to both be scum; Narsis's attack against the votes on Tasky certainly felt to me like one scum trying to save another. Narsis had a wagon on him already, Tasky did not. It was post #246 that made me reread Narsis, and agree that his posting habits have been suspicious at best, and especially in light of Mysterio's latest post, which did feel rather pro-town, gave me a reason to switch my vote.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@jim: Elaborate. Why are scum more likely to buddy each other?
@FakeGod: Which of my reasonings are not straight? Why don't you mind my being rope happy?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:56 am

Post by jimfinn »

Perhaps you are using the word buddy differently than I am. Scum are trying to save players who they KNOW are fellow scum from a lynch, and thus have incentive to aggressively attack these votes. A town player trying to save a non-confirmed town player would be less aggressive than attacking each individual vote, in my opinion.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:06 am

Post by FakeGod »

@VV: Button already did, but the main point is that you're fosing someone, convinced 70% that someone else is scum, and yet voting another player.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

Buddying as a Day 1 tell is as weak as American beer.

I am confused by the vitriol and scope of Tasky's attack - but suspect that if either Tasky/Narsis are scum then it's likely that only one of them is since I don't think scumTasky would make a post like that for scumbuddyNarsis since if we lynch Narsis and he flips scum that leaves Tasky in an awkward situation tomorrow.

@Tasky - I grok that you think the cases on Narsis are weak, but this is Day 1 and cases tend to be a little fluffier at this point. Why do you think Narsis is so likely to be town?
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:48 am

Post by jimfinn »

@Thor: I am under-21. Do I assume that American beer is weak? Also, grok is roughly equal to gather, correct?
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Tasky »

Plum wrote:Dislike Tasky's attempted defense of Narsis against Thor. Self-voting may be null, but joking around and having only null reads at that point in the game, when some serious material was under discussion, is generally likely to be a scummy action. Thor's case focused on Narsis' lack of commentary on his top suspects and in general the fact that he's contributed nothing to this game while latching onto the largest wagon . . . you attempt to excuse him for the 'trap' clumsily as well. Oh, and your attack on my case on Narsis:
As I already explained, he had given a decent explanation for his jump on the wagon, and not having top suspects is not necessarily a scumtell...
for the "trap-thing"... it's just that I found myself in a very similar as Narsis (maybe bad play) and therefore I understand him... so I wanted to point out that that isn't a scum-tell.
Plum wrote: The difference is that scum may feign lightheartedness and lack of concern early in the game to avoid actually participating. Narsis was in a position where contribution was basically demanded, but instead attempted to fool around. Again, self-voting is not a nulltell if in context it is aiding and abetting scum behavior, like avoiding scumhunting. I'd be on Narsis' case just as much had he voted then quickly unvoted anyone in the game that way; the one he happened to do that to was himself. My case on him further includes his commplete lack of reads. He's simply not scumhunting and not trying to scumhunt. Townies have direct motivation to scumhunt. Scum don't have
direct
motivation to scumhunt, so generally speaking avoiding scumhunting is a MAJOR SCUMTELL.
I'd really like to see some statistics on self-votes, since I think they definitely aren't done by scum more than by town.
You are right on Narsis' lazyness, but being lazy is not a scumtell...
For the being jokey thing, it isn't enough to say why scum does it, you have to say why scum does it more than town... in the few games I've played, jokey players have often enough been town (actually more often than they were scum).
Mysterio wrote:
Tasky wrote:Mysterio, please take a stance! do you think bandwagoning is scummy or not?

first you say Narsis jumping on your wagon is scummy.
then you say VasudeVa is scummy for jumping on your wagon.
then you say VasudeVa is scummy for jumping on Narsis' wagon.
And then YOU jump on Narsis' wagon
(even if you didn't vote, I still consider your attack a bandwagonjump).
This is weak. Suspecting someone is NOT the same as bandwagoning.
it's
almost
the same in this phase of the game:
since people aren't going to get lynched atm there is almost no difference between voting for someone and putting a FoS on them... the point still is that you attacked Narsis after a lot of people did, and that's called wagoning.
Plum wrote:
Budja wrote:The whole "defend Narsis" post by Tasky was odd but on the whole I don't think it was scummy, just weak.
The arguments were weak, yes. But an entire post devoted to knocking down every single person's reasons for voting Narsis? I just don't see why, from a normal Town perspective, even one with strong Town read, for whatever reason (heaven help me if I know how someone could get a better than neutral read on Narsis at this point) an entire post would be a sort of lowgrade attack on everyone who voted Narsis/their votes on Narsis.
the attack was weak... to show that I had to take all the posts containing some content and prove them to be basically nothing.
I just think the Narsis wagon is bad... it could be caused by scum or simply by bad play...
Plum wrote: A few other Tasky things have been slightly on the odd side (like unvoting from a 5-player wagon on page 3 which he later stated was probably mainly Town-driven . . . again, worry about a quickhammer then? And if so, unvote a wagon which didn't seem shady/scum-driven?).
here comes the nonsense again... just because a wagon isn't scum-driven, it doesn't mean it's a good wagon. And an RVS wagon going to L-2 in the first few pages just doesn't seem right to me. So you think it's scummy to unvote a random vote on a random wagon if that wagon isn't clearly scum-driven... your standards are certainly different from mine.
Thor665 wrote:@Tasky - I grok that you think the cases on Narsis are weak, but this is Day 1 and cases tend to be a little fluffier at this point. Why do you think Narsis is so likely to be town?
I don't know whether Narsis is town... but if he is scum then he isn't for the arguments brought up against him up to this point...
I really don't like the wagon that's building up against him based on this fluffy cases.

PS: what does "grok" mean?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:28 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

jimfinn wrote:@Thor: I am under-21. Do I assume that American beer is weak? Also, grok is roughly equal to gather, correct?
What does American beer and sex in a canoe have in common?
Spoiler: Warning foul language.
Their both fucking close to water.

Grok = In that context it means to understand, it's from Stranger in a Strange Land.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Narsis »

VasudeVa wrote:'VV's bandwagoning' is a very lazy case. Unless you people can specify why my bandwagonning is bad or suspicious, that won't go anywhere.

I redact my attack on Plum for now. Although, your last post was Aug. 13 before you started posting again and previous experience with her states that lurky Plum = Plum scum. Context wise, her defense fits.

My main issue on Narsis is because his #205 is suspicious. Although, I did vote him way before that because I was looking for a better non-Mysterio wagon and he seemed like a cool guy to vote.

Everyone still voting for Mysterio should be ashamed of themselves.

Silly people wasting their votes/not voting should go and do something about that, yeah?
what about my #205 is suspicious?

@jimfinn i do definitely see that Tasky is buddying up to me...but where have i buddied to him? also scum do buddy up to town in order to look more townie should the person they are buddying flip town.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

TheButtonmen basically covered my joke and my literary language flair.

American beer is indeed weak and I don't support drinking anything that looks the same going in as it does coming out.
Grok has a couple inflections but at it's most basic is translated as - Understanding between two people. (all of you should read more Heinlein)

@Tasky - if you're uncertain about Narsis' role why go through that much effort to defend him? I was pretty 'meh' on the logic of the Mysterio case - but by letting it go I get to see how people respond to it and try to sell it. By you coming out so intensely at the Narsis cases you are tying yourself strongly to a player you have just admitted you have a neutral read on. Why would you do this? The only reason (if you're town) should be that you have a scum read on one of the attackers or a town read on Narsis. Also - happy day of womb escapage.

Checking Tasky's join date does give me some personal insight into his logic though, methinks.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Plum »

Tasky, I've already explained why a scumbag would have motivation to joke around instead of delving into the content of the game at that point. It's not that he joked, is that he chose to joke instead of scumhunt, possibly chose to joke in order to distract from his refusal to scumhunt. I said I didn't care about the self-vote in and of itself. Being lazy itself may not be a scumtell, but deliberately avoiding making a scumhunting effort is.

Thor, methinks you are generally right there. I am, however, wondering certain things about, as we both stated, the motivations for attacking the entire Narsis wagon so strongly.
Tasky wrote:you either are incredibly stupid or you are scum (or both).
in both cases I don't want you in the endgame...
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mysterio
Tasky, do you now believe Mysterio to be more likely to be scummy, or more likely stupid, and why?

The longer Narsis stays solely reactive to various stuff which happens to be directed at him and avoids being a proactive scumhunter the happier I will be with my vote on him.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Mysterio »

@mod I will be V/LA until Wednesday.

I'll post my thoughts when I get back.

Noted.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Chronopie »

/prodded. Apparently MS ate my post yesterday.

so the quick version:

I don't actually like how the Narsis Wagon built up. (I had a paragraph or two, but events since have nullified those points)

Plum seems Town. Mysterio aka Nobbs is prob. town.

VV seems scummy Fakegod is null-scummy. need to see more from the rest before I get a good read.

The odd one out on the list was Weatherwax, a Witch. The rest are watchmen. (Detritus is a troll btw) /off-topic
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Budja »

@KHG, Whether you are voting for him or not in a technicality. I want to know why are you interested in voting for Narsis rather than Mysterio who you looked quite happy to vote just a post earlier.
(i.e Why did you change your focus to Narsis?)
Thor wrote: I am confused by the vitriol and scope of Tasky's attack - but suspect that if either Tasky/Narsis are scum then it's likely that only one of them is since I don't think scumTasky would make a post like that for scumbuddyNarsis since if we lynch Narsis and he flips scum that leaves Tasky in an awkward situation tomorrow.
^ Agreed.

More later.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Plum wrote:Thor, methinks you are generally right there.
Yeah, American beer is-
Plum wrote:I am, however, wondering certain things about, as we both stated, the motivations for attacking the entire Narsis wagon so strongly.
...never mind.

@KHG - why no vote yet?
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:06 am

Post by KHG »

Budja wrote:@KHG, Whether you are voting for him or not in a technicality. I want to know why are you interested in voting for Narsis rather than Mysterio who you looked quite happy to vote just a post earlier.
(i.e Why did you change your focus to Narsis?)
Whether I'm voting for him or not is far from a technicality. A vote is an instrument in a lynch, far more than simple interest in hearing a case against him. Mysterio's actions after my case against him (I was the first one to vote for him) appeased me, and he seemed townlike.
Thor wrote:@KHG - why no vote yet?
I haven't been fully pleased with the cases against Narsis to merit a vote. I'd consider casting one should further discussion have more of a palpable explanation.

The great irony of this game, of course, is, had I voted for Narsis at this point, the subject now would be my wagoning.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

@KHG - if you're waiting for a case to become actually worth supporting what are you doing in order to help this happen?

In other words - you seem to be sitting on the sidelines and not helping, my gut says 'OMG, no scumzhnting means obvious scummorz, vote pl0x!!!' Why is my gut wrong?
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:52 am

Post by KHG »

Thor665 wrote:@KHG - if you're waiting for a case to become actually worth supporting what are you doing in order to help this happen?

In other words - you seem to be sitting on the sidelines and not helping, my gut says 'OMG, no scumzhnting means obvious scummorz, vote pl0x!!!' Why is my gut wrong?
I don't believe Narsis is worth voting for. That's not the absence of scumhunting. You've jumped from me not believing the case against Narsis is strong enough to me not wanting to lynch scum.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Plum »

Well, who's your top suspect right now? Sitting around without a vote on anyone is a common symptom of deficient scumhunting.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

KHG wrote:You've jumped from me not believing the case against Narsis is strong enough to me not wanting to lynch scum.
Where do you think I said this? (please offer the quote and explanation)
KHG
KHG
Townie
KHG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 am

Post by KHG »

Thor wrote:Where do you think I said this? (please offer the quote and explanation)
Thor wrote:In other words - you seem to be sitting on the sidelines and not helping, my gut says '
OMG, no scumzhnting means obvious scummorz,
vote pl0x!!!'
Maybe you were being trite, but I don't see the purpose in using language like that. I said I didn't see a case for Narsis, which is different from "sitting on the sidelines".
Plum wrote:Well, who's your top suspect right now? Sitting around without a vote on anyone is a common symptom of deficient scumhunting.
Perhaps I am truly "deficient", but I don't have a top suspect right now. I'll read through the thread when I get a chance.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Plum »

Yeah that is a problem. Same basic problem I'm having with Narsis . . .
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

@KHG:
Why do you always assume they are talking about Narsis when they mention scum hunting and whats your main reason for disliking the Narsis wagon?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

@KHG - I don't see how my comments were unoriginal. I do think lack of scumhunting is a scumtell - do you see any reason to disagree with me on that?

If yes, why?

If no, could you please point out some of your scumhunting efforts (I've clearly missed them).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”