Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

tomorrow wendy wrote:so you didn't understand his gambit at post 8? then once he made his "It wasn't a joke" post at post 12 you did understand?

Why did you choose to not go along with it? Why didn't you claim?
What the? Read what I'm saying, namely this:

"In fact I've never once said I understood the goal of it until he said what the goal was, so thanks for putting words in my mouth there."

He damned sure didn't say what the goal of it was in post 12. Please to be not putting words in my mouth any longer.
tomorrow wendy wrote:2 questions for everyone that didn't replace in:
at which post number in the thread did you understand that this setup was open, with 2 vanilla scum and 10 vanilla town?
When it was announced in the Sign Up thread, so before the game had even began.
at which post number in the thread did you understand that the goal of iamausername's post at post #8 was to catch scum claiming power roles?
Buggered if I know, and I'm not about to go check just because you wish to tunnel on me for some god awful reason. But here's a hint, it's a damned sight later than post 12.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by Xite91 »

at which post number in the thread did you understand that this setup was open, with 2 vanilla scum and 10 vanilla town?

at which post number in the thread did you understand that the goal of iamausername's post at post #8 was to catch scum claiming power roles?
What is the point of this?
I mean, aside from clogging the thread?
I see no benefits in these questions being answered by anyone because there is no way this can help us figure out who's town or scum, because anything coming off of this info would be a null tell IMHO
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:55 am

Post by havingfitz »

Catching up from weekend with family. Will post once finished.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:25 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

PranaDevil wrote:
tomorrow wendy wrote:so you didn't understand his gambit at post 8? then once he made his "It wasn't a joke" post at post 12 you did understand?

Why did you choose to not go along with it? Why didn't you claim?
What the? Read what I'm saying, namely this:

"In fact I've never once said I understood the goal of it until he said what the goal was, so thanks for putting words in my mouth there."

He damned sure didn't say what the goal of it was in post 12. Please to be not putting words in my mouth any longer.
When it was announced in the Sign Up thread, so before the game had even began.
Buggered if I know, and I'm not about to go check just because you wish to tunnel on me for some god awful reason. But here's a hint, it's a damned sight later than post 12.
so if you understood then what did you think that iamausername meant when you wrote "Beautifully done. I had to stop for a moment before it clicked, at which point I had a good hearty laugh at that, purely because it made me stop and think."
before
post 12?

like, what did you think was beautifully done?
what clicked?
what did you think his goal was?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:00 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I strongly advise a harsh dose of comedy Wendy.

I thought a JOKE was beautifully done. I wondered why he wanted us to claim and then realized "Ah, it's an all Vanilla claim, he's pissing about, clever".

So I thought his goal was to crack a joke in the RVS.

I felt I made that blindingly obvious at the time what with the "I had a good hearty laugh at that" line.

Now are you going to try scum hunting or are you destined to just distract town by tunnelling on me over a completely pointless issue? Because if it's the second one I may well vote for you on principle so we can get you out of the way and get on with some real scum hunting here. (Not to mention while I may have been arguing Dalt's case, it didn't mean I felt he was town, I just felt he didn't deserve to be run into the ground like HF appeared to be doing. But two players not helping town in the same slot is rather curious in my view).
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Llamafluff
-3- ConfidAnon, Nexus, havingfitz
ConfidAnon
-2- PranaDevil, Llamafluff
tomorrow wendy
-2- Nightwolf, Xite91
Lateralus22
-1- iamausername
Xite91
-2- Lateralus22, Leech
havingfitz
-1- LoudmouthLee
PranaDevil
-1- tomorrow wendy

Not Voting:
No one

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (pre-deadline)!

Deadline is August 22nd!
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Wendy, have you considered reading the whole thread before you try to accuse someone of being scum, and if you have read the whole thread why not go beyond only looking at two pages?

Hi Prana, I've noticed lately you've only been responding when something has been regarding you directly and about Dalt. Why not come back and join us in scum hunting? You do have a vote on CA and believe him to be scum, so why are you waiting on the sidelines instead of going after him and looking further into your suspicion?

FoS: PranaDevil
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:51 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I've been watching proceedings, and I do comment when I see something I feel requires comment. But in the past I've responded to almost everything and cluttered up the thread with needless banter when being a bit quieter would have benefitted the town as a whole, leaving my comments to when they are required.

Regarding my vote on CA, as it stands I still feel he's likely scum. His early wagon pushing and claiming he was trying a gambit (despite announcing said gambit when he was placing the votes) didn't sit well with me. Along with his statement of wanting to hear more from Korashk not long after he had been replaced made me feel he wasn't following the game properly, which in turn suggests he's scum not paying too much attention. (Had he been aware Korashk had been replaced I feel he would have said "whoever has replaced Korashk" or "Korashk's slot" not just plain "Korashk")

I'm really not liking Wendy's play, though whether she's scum or not I'm unsure about. I could be getting a bad feeling because she's painting my early game comments as scummy despite ignoring the obvious with it. It could just be noob play focusing on one thing and ignoring everything else.

HF is also scummy to me still. If only because he was pushing Dalt heavily despite him not being here. It feels like he was hoping for an easy lynch and got stuck arguing it when nobody felt it was the way to go.

As for why I'm not pushing CA. Because at the moment I'm not entirely sure exactly who is scum, that's why I'm keeping an eye on who's saying what, seeing if there's two people backing each other up regularly, or if anything stands out, and when something stands out I do mention it. I just feel a lot of things brought up about people haven't been as scummy as they've been made out.

But I have previously stated I'm more than happy to respond to anything anyone wishes to ask of me. So if there is anything you want to direct me to feel free.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:27 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I need to reread and post something of merit, but I'd like to make one comment, which I'm sure will get me tons of FoS's, but it's what I'm thinking....

It's becoming completely evident to me that people are citing "Gambits" as way of describing behavior that could be seen as scummy.

So far, it's PranaDevil, Nexus, CA, Xite, and more!
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:53 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Well I highly doubt half of the players in the game are scum. Though I do get where you are coming from, it's possible people saw my point that I tried a gambit and latched onto it as an excuse to act scummy.

It's one thing to begin the game, get discussion going, and hopefully nab scum in the early game, but for others to latch onto it does seem strange. So no, no FoS from me, I like the thinking, it's not something I'd thought about before.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:55 am

Post by havingfitz »

tomorrow wendy wrote:
unvote, vote: PranaDevil
Too funny. tw votes me for my page one post/s and suspicions towards dalt, Xite for citing common sense re: your case on me, then Prana (your great defender) for.....his page one post/s?

I think it's funny the people who did not support my suspicions towards dalt who are now getting hammered by his replacement and beginning to finally suspect that player slot.

To those getting suspicious of tw...does that change the way you view dalt's play?

Prana is coming off a bit suspicious under the pressure. Very defensive and I like the way he lays the groundwork for a defensive vote on tw with his "Note" in post 354 regarding his suspicions of dalt. Too funny.

Lat's line in post 356 to tw about there being more to the game than two pages (which I would argue to tw there is more than one page) was spot on and beat me to posting a similar sentiment.

LML case on me is crap and I'm not caring for his game iirc. I need to look at him closer. My suspicions for scum right now are focused on tw, llama, LML, and CA or Prana (though definitely not a CA-llama combo or a prana-tw combo).
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:04 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Actually I've always said just because Dalt was a noob it didn't mean he wasn't scum. Wendy's play just increases the possibility for that slot, as I can't see two people in that slot making a right hash job of things.

As for the question, doesn't really change my opinion of his play so much. As I was more trying to show the shades of grey, his play what little of it there was, was god awful no matter how you sliced it. I just don't like to see someone getting slammed for something in a "black and white" type of scenario when it's more likely a shade of grey in the middle.
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:29 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

Xite91 wrote:

What is the point of this?
I mean, aside from clogging the thread?
I see no benefits in these questions being answered by anyone because there is no way this can help us figure out who's town or scum, because anything coming off of this info would be a null tell IMHO
please cooperate. can't catch scum if I state goal of questioning prior to receiving answers.

PranaDevil wrote: I thought a JOKE was beautifully done. I wondered why he wanted us to claim and then realized "Ah, it's an all Vanilla claim, he's pissing about, clever".

So I thought his goal was to crack a joke in the RVS.

I felt I made that blindingly obvious at the time what with the "I had a good hearty laugh at that" line.
I still don't understand why you decided against claiming. What would it have hurt?

Why did you choose not to cooperate with a ploy that could catch scum, after he said that he was serious?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Xite91 »

havingfitz wrote:1) I think it's funny the people who did not support my suspicions towards dalt who are now getting hammered by his replacement and beginning to finally suspect that player slot.

2) To those getting suspicious of tw...does that change the way you view dalt's play?

3) Prana is coming off a bit suspicious under the pressure. Very defensive and I like the way he lays the groundwork for a defensive vote on tw with his "Note" in post 354 regarding his suspicions of dalt. Too funny.

4) LML case on me is crap and I'm not caring for his game iirc. I need to look at him closer. My suspicions for scum right now are focused on tw, llama, LML, and CA or Prana (though definitely not a CA-llama combo or a prana-tw combo).
1) Or it's likely that you were bussing Dalt so you could coast the rest of the game, seeings how you pushed so hard on him.
2) Nope, but the way I view your play? A little bit
3) Show where he gets defensive enough for it to actually be a tell plox
4) OMG Lat, IIRC!!! :P
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Xite91 »

Damn EBWOP
LoudmouthLee wrote:I need to reread and post something of merit, but I'd like to make one comment, which I'm sure will get me tons of FoS's, but it's what I'm thinking....

It's becoming completely evident to me that people are citing "Gambits" as way of describing behavior that could be seen as scummy.

So far, it's PranaDevil, Nexus, CA, Xite, and more!
That's actually a good point to bring up, why would you get FoS'd for it?
But mine was a true gambit that I very much enjoy pulling, not sure how it could be seen as scummy, but if you tell me how, I'll take it.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Leech »

Xite wrote:2) Just pointing out that you failed to realize that I was voting someone else.
I knew you were voting for someone else at the time of my post. You absolutely were not at the time of the post I quoted. Just because you changed your vote later, does not erase the circumstances around the situation prior. Notice how you're trying to dismiss this point without defending it?
Xite wrote:3) That, my good sir, depends on how well I played and the people left playing after me.
There is never an excuse to intentionally act scummy. No matter how you slice it, you would be making a suspect out of the only player in this game you knew to be town. That is absolutely no different then trying to draw suspicion on someone you knew to be innocent via cop investigation to keep the game moving. In either case you would be intentionally making a player you know to be town, appear to be scum. Doesn't matter how you play it, it's bad for the town to do this. Every vote cast on that player can be justified by the fact that you were being scummy.
Xite wrote:4) I thought I had said it, hence my saying it now, so that you have it if I do contradict myself.
Your reasoning and justifications are laughably transparent. You are saying it now, because you claimed to have said something earlier that you did not. It's actually comical how you claim to not have enough time to ISO yourself to see if you actually have said something before, yet you have time to post as often as you do. What you are describing translates to posting frequently without thought, and using that as an excuse for your contradictions.
Xite wrote:5) I was attempting to clear my good name, since you seem so hellbent on sullying it.
You felt the need to defend yourself from an accusation I was making about Wendy? I wasn't drawing into question your post, rather the fact that Wendy was claiming Prana's actions were in place of yours.
Xite wrote:I guess I didn't call them as a scumteam, just voted one and FoS'd the other, but honestly, how short is that of actually calling them a scumteam?
I consider it the difference between night and day, actually. Just because you FOS a person while voting another doesn't translate to your thinking they are a scumteam. Suggesting such is an incredible stretch.
Xite wrote:The other thing is that what I meant is that townies should for the most part be able to be consistent without having to check back on what they've said because they feel stronger about it.
Considering you haven't been consistent, what does that say about you, by your own logic? I won't push that very far, because you are entirely wrong on the subject. In every game I do my best to check whether or not I've actually said something, or if it was just a thought at the time. Considering I do have suspicions and thoughts that I don't post, it makes it easy for the scum to call a claim I make in the game that I haven't posted. Checking to see if you've actually posted something, instead of it being a thought you've had is not a scum tell.
Tomorrow Wendy wrote:He was supposed to be the first to claim. He says that he understood the setup and the goal of the massclaim, and chose not to claim like he was supposed to because "Scum early on would play safe and claim vanilla" -- a contradiction, right? I think he is lying about it, and lying is a symptom of begin scum, right?
You are not taking into consideration that the phase was the RVS where you most players will make joke posts. When I read Iam's post I thought it was a joke as well. It wasn't until later that I realized he was actually trying to accomplish something with it. While Iam said "it's no joke" I still didn't see the point in it. The "gambit" was ruined by players not taking it seriously, as a whole. No one player was responsible for it not working. Your method of thinking can be applied to every other player in this game.
HF wrote:To those getting suspicious of tw...does that change the way you view dalt's play?
No. Dalt's apparent meta on this site is posting next to nothing and getting replaced. I don't see how anything can actually be taken seriously from that. If you're going to meta, you should consider that the last time he's done that he was town. Looking at both sides of it, nothing can really be learned from his alignment from his actions.
Tomorrow Wendy wrote:please cooperate. can't catch scum if I state goal of questioning prior to receiving answers.
You're clearly trying to get everyone to answer those questions to see how that compare to Prana's. Which would only work if the entire situation was anything other than null.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

HF wrote: LML case on me is crap and I'm not caring for his game iirc. I need to look at him closer. My suspicions for scum right now are focused on tw, llama, LML, and CA or Prana (though definitely not a CA-llama combo or a prana-tw combo).
If this doesn't scream OMGUS, I don't know what is. I made my case against you. I made my points, and if you don't like them, I don't understand why that's scummy. I'm absolutely not the only one who's suspicious of you. In other words, suck it up and deal with it.
HF wrote:To those getting suspicious of tw...does that change the way you view dalt's play?
No! Jesus christ, he made 3 posts, none of them had any merit at all. Honestly, regardless of how TW flips if he/she is lynched, I still hate the way you played it. It screams scum to me. The fact that you're STILL bringing up Dalt's play makes it seem ever more like a bussing situation, and how you're trying to gain sentiment by a Dalt/TW lynch.

TW has flip-flopped his/herself. And it truns out (Metagame/WIFOM moment) that instantly, TW was happy with me, and the second that I started attacking HF, Her suspicions on me elevated.

As of right now, I'm comfortable with an
Unvote
Vote: Tomorrow Wendy
, but trust me, HF, I'm pretty sure you're scum.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:56 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

(In other words... I think HF and TW are scum together right now.)
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:07 am

Post by PranaDevil »

tomorrow wendy wrote:I still don't understand why you decided against claiming. What would it have hurt?

Why did you choose not to cooperate with a ploy that could catch scum, after he said that he was serious?
Because even when he said he wasn't joking, it still felt like he was just deadpanning his joke. It was RVS, and as Leech has said, plenty of people joke around in it. I generally hate RVS in general but I do appreciate a good gag as good as the next guy (normally more so in fact) so it seemed like a good line to me.

But I'm with LmL on this one. Wendy's been pushing pointless topics since she entered, has jumped over anyone who so much as looks in her direction and given no true solid reasoning for her actions, while continuing to flog a dead horse when it had died prior to her entering the game.

unvote; vote: tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:19 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

k.
vote:tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:21 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

nevermind, nolynch is better.
unvote, vote:nolynch
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Wow. WTF Wendy? I cannot envision a pro-town player ever voting for themselves, even in jest. Frustration could be played much better than this.

Confirm Vote: TW

I will say this again, this does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination, that if TW flips scum, that HF is a town player. I think it's the opposite.
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:27 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

you never seen it before LML, ever?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:29 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

PranaDevil wrote:
tomorrow wendy wrote:
But I'm with LmL on this one. Wendy's been pushing pointless topics since she entered, has jumped over anyone who so much as looks in her direction and given no true solid reasoning for her actions, while continuing to flog a dead horse when it had died prior to her entering the game.

unvote; vote: tomorrow wendy
I found it just as damning that I was looking at HF, and all of a sudden, TW didn't like my points anymore. She actually BACKTRACKED and on points that she agreed with at first, she's now finding scummy. Time for a lynch.
TW wrote: you never seen it before LML, ever?
I have seen it MUCH more often with SCUM voting themselves to end conversation on a given day, not Pro-Town players voting themselves for no reason.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Xite91 »

Leech wrote:
Xite wrote:I guess I didn't call them as a scumteam, just voted one and FoS'd the other, but honestly, how short is that of actually calling them a scumteam?
6) I consider it the difference between night and day, actually. Just because you FOS a person while voting another doesn't translate to your thinking they are a scumteam. Suggesting such is an incredible stretch.
Xite wrote:The other thing is that what I meant is that townies should for the most part be able to be consistent without having to check back on what they've said because they feel stronger about it.
7) Considering you haven't been consistent, what does that say about you, by your own logic? I won't push that very far, because you are entirely wrong on the subject. In every game I do my best to check whether or not I've actually said something, or if it was just a thought at the time. Considering I do have suspicions and thoughts that I don't post, it makes it easy for the scum to call a claim I make in the game that I haven't posted. Checking to see if you've actually posted something, instead of it being a thought you've had is not a scum tell.
2) Okay, misunderstood, that's not dismissing the point without defending it, it's just not getting the point. So what was the point again? :P
3) I've seen some pretty good excuses to act scummy, as this is more a theory based discussion, I suggest we drop it, unless it actually has something to do with a case against me?
4) Nope, just means I have enough time to read through the new posts and post my thoughts on it based on that, considering IRL things and how many games I managed to get myself into at once (somehow o.o) Either way, my schedule should be slowing down soon (this weekend-ish), so I'll give my ideas in the whole game then, k?
5)
Leech wrote:Xite was the one that immediately corrected HF, not Prana.
At the time, Wendy was going after prana for this, so it seemed like you were trying to sway a noobs vote towards me. I was defending what I did to Wendy, not you
6) Again, just a difference in play
7) See 6, and I have been pretty consistent, just missing a few small things here and there. If you believe otherwise, point out all my inconsistencies other than "I called them as a scumteam"
Tomorrow Wendy wrote:please cooperate. can't catch scum if I state goal of questioning prior to receiving answers.
I don't see the point in it, it looks like a way to "trap" players with something I've already said was a null tell. It's just another way of pushing a lynch without any real info, which makes you look even scummier, speaking of which
tomorrow wendy wrote:k.
vote:tomorrow wendy
WTF?
tomorrow wendy wrote:nevermind, nolynch is better.
unvote, vote:nolynch
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”