Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:18 am

Post by q21 »

Humble Poirot wrote:
@q21:
Why are you voting sotty? You are giving no explanation whatsoever.
The explanation is simple, didn't think I had to spell it out. I agree with what Oso said. Now, in light of xvart's claim I am even happier with my vote right where it is.

I agree that massclaim of the remaining players should happen before the lynch and since I'd like to see this lynch go down sooner rather than later I'm a VT, and in all honesty I'm feeling a little left out in this game.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Humble Poirot wrote:this post is the first after vezok's claim he watched me. At the time, you didn't find his watch scummy. You make no mention of this issue until after Oso had raised it but you say you did see it at the time?
I read the post and I don't remember saying that I did see the watch at the time. The reason why I didn't originally find it scummy is because he was watching a player (You) who had a town read from me. However, Oso's later post discussing why Vezokpiraka watching you may have a scum motivation because Oso/KageLord were active power roles and that he may have watched you just to be safe.
Humble Poirot wrote:Forgive me, but this sounds like poor reasoning. What would happen if there were 3 doc claims? Anything can happen too? With your apparent philosophy, counter claims would be totally useless for town
Considering that we probably have a lot of power roles, it got through my head that "anything" could happen and not taking into account bastard/theme roles.

To answer your first question, given in a twelve-player set-up, the most likely circumstance is that one of the doctor claims is true, one is a Vanilla Townie fakelclaim, and the last one is a scum claim.
Humble Poirot wrote:So they can't be scum together? Did you read xvart's claim?
I'm not completely willing to rule out the possibility of them being scum together as I do think xvart's scenario is a possible one. However, I do feel that out of those two claims, that they're more likely to be part of different alignments. It is more likely that Sotty7 is scum then diddin based off of what happened.

Same reponse to xvart.
xvart wrote:I really don't like how SSBF is latched on to this idea that anything can happen in this game based on the roles that have been revealed. There is a difference in a swingy game and a game where anything can occur. Based on the roles, I wouldn't even consider it swingy, but the possibility of one faction being overpowered is a possibility. Swingy games imply that one faction could have a strong lead and then the next day be totally behind, and I don't see that as the case in this game. Either the town is way overpowered or some of our claimed PRs are lying about alignment.
To be honest, I previously had no idea what a swingy set-up was, so I thought it was similar to "anything could happen" in where there was a lot of power roles involved. I will probably say that some of our roles are lying, based off Night Actions and evidence of scumminess in-game.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by xvart »

vezokpiraka, 799 wrote:The town is way overpowered.
Are we? What if the mafia have a Godfather? I do not think it is prudent to assume that the town is overpowered because that would mean you trust all the claims so far. We know for a fact that Sotty is scum. Once she flips, we'll know more and have a better idea if (and who) is lying, and we'll have another round of PR night claims to see what people claimed to do to cross against motives and actual outcomes.
Super Smash Bros. Fan, 800 wrote:I'm not completely willing to rule out the possibility of them being scum together as I do think xvart's scenario is a possible one. However, I do feel that out of those two claims, that they're more likely to be part of different alignments. It is more likely that Sotty7 is scum then diddin based off of what happened.
Do you agree that tracking diddin tonight will yield us important information about his alignment? What do you think will happen if we track diddin?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Humble Poirot »

I've been busy but checking from my cell phone saw nothing incredibly urgent.

Aran needs to replaced, apparently. Which sucks.

I'll post tomorrow.
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:26 pm

xvart wrote:Do you agree that tracking diddin tonight will yield us important information about his alignment? What do you think will happen if we track diddin?
1. Yes I do think that. Note that I am not automatically assuming that if Sotty7 is scum, diddin isn't scum as well. If he does not use his action Night 3/claims that he was roleblocked, then he's likely scum at that point who lied about his role.

2. Tracking diddin will help determind his alignment and if he's telling the truth about his role or not. If diddin is scum, we will find out and probably lynch him for it. If he's town, then the person diddin was tracked to that diddin jailed probably had Night Actions. If it prevented a kill, the person who carried the kill will be lynched on spot.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by diddin »

Just posting to avoid prod. I have nothing to say until sotty is lynched.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I am convincede sotty is scum.
I forget to vote for some reason after day 2.
vote Sotty
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:06 am

Post by xvart »

diddin, 805 wrote:Just posting to avoid prod. I have nothing to say until sotty is lynched.
How do you feel about being tracked tonight?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:17 am

Post by diddin »

xvart wrote:
diddin, 805 wrote:Just posting to avoid prod. I have nothing to say until sotty is lynched.
How do you feel about being tracked tonight?

xvart.
If it helps prove me as town, I am ok with it.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

Insanely busy day, sorry.

I wanted to say more things about stuff but it'll have to wait.

This is what I think should be the plan for tonight in case I can't make it before the lynch.
if Sotty flips roleblocker and diddin is scum. He is lying about being a jailkeeper so he can't really block.
Therefore, diddin should protect/block Oso.
xvart should protect Oso regardless.
Vezok watches xvart.
Oso should track diddin. If he receives a result. diddin is lying.

If you come by a better plan, by all means tell me. I think this is the best one to avoid the deaths of Oso and xvart (we discover if vezok is scum) while finding out if diddin is lying whatever scum does.

Later.

HP
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:03 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Your plan is intresting to say the least.
Only one small problem. If the scum have a Ninja Godfather or something to that effect your plan fails misserably.
But I agree with the plan and I will follow it although I don't like how I am the only one not protected.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:04 am

Post by xvart »

Um... What's a ninja godfather?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Oso »

Actually, there are three exposed PRs under that scenario (if you assume they are all town)

vezo-watcher
diddin-JK
xvart-Doctor

The only one that has protection is me. Either through xvart or diddin, depending on what you think the set-up is at the moment.

xvart has some protection provided vezo is indeed town as any kill on him will be exposed. He(xvart)doesn't survive but a scum gets caught.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:10 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

A ninja is an untrackable , Unwatchable killer.
A godfather appears townie to cops.
Given the ammount of power in this town I said that there may be a ninja or a godfather.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 am

I'm starting to see the case on Aranneas.

I particularly don't like how Aranneas said that "he failled the town.". Why would he be saying this, especially since he's not even close to being lynched? It also feels like a form of AtE, which annoys me as well.

I like Humble Poirot's idea for townies night actions. Looked at it and it doesn't really have any holes in it. I will support this plan.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Am I lynched yet?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:58 am

Post by q21 »

Yes.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Well damn. I had this whole thing planned out but I guess I should forget it now. This game has a crippling set up, quite annoying.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Oso »

Yeah (Unofficial of course).

Sotty7 - Oso, diddin, xvart,
HP
, q21, vezo

HP voted and unvoted. veso was the hammer here. I listed the players in voting order.

5 out of 9 players (again, unofficial)
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 am

Post by xvart »

Go with Humble's Plan. Since the results coming through on Oso depend on me protecting Oso does the scum want to do a little WIFOM tango during the night on whether or not I actually will or will I try and save Humble or q21? I think those are the two that are most vulnerable tonight with the state of the game and the night plans.
Sotty7, 817 wrote:Well damn. I had this whole thing planned out but I guess I should forget it now. This game has a crippling set up, quite annoying.
I would still like to hear it post game.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:40 am

Post by diddin »

I was planning on doing something else with my Jailkeep, but I will go with the plan or me and Oso will work out something in neigbour chat.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Oso »

I'd say no to that. The rest of players can't read what we say in there.

Best to go with what has been said here in the thread. I track you, I get a result (or die), you're scum.

If I don't get a result then it's up to the other players to decide if there isn't some sort of collusion going on between us. Barring that discussion, then that would pretty much clear you in the eyes of the rest of the thread.

Best not to throw a wrench in that by doing something unexpected. At this point it is my personal call, that you(diddin) and I play it completely straight. Leave any unexpected moves and randomness up to scum and xvart.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Oso »

Add-on Edit: By 'what we say' I mean all three neighbors. The folks in the rest of the game have only our word on what is actually being said in there.
-
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by xvart »

diddin wrote:I was planning on doing something else with my Jailkeep, but I will go with the plan or me and Oso will work out something in neigbour chat.
No. Stay on target. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMDV3eISLPs#t=0m20s

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Vote count 3.2

Oso (0)
Humble Poirot (0)
q21 (0)
Aranneas (0)
xvart (0)
diddin (1) Sotty7
vezokpiraka (1) Super Smash Bros. Fan
Sotty7 (5) Oso, diddin, xvart, q21, vezokpiraka

Super Smash Bros. Fan (0)

Not voting: Humble Poirot, Aranneas

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Deadline is Monday 23rd August, 11:30 AM (GMT + 10:00).

Searching for a replacement for Arraneas.

A lynch has been decided on Sotty7.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”