Mini 1021: Battousai's Mountaintnous Mountain Mafia (Over)

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:38 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Lat, first when you request someone to respond to questions can I strongly advise repeating them so they don't need to search to find them? Anyway, questions answered below:
1. What do you think about the Lateralus / Nexus situation
Overblown to be honest, looks to me like two town arguing back and forth.
2. Your current views on Korashk/LlamaFluff?
Possible scum, though that's still focused mainly on my feelings towards Korashk, Llama's been pretty neutral play wise. At this point I wouldn't like to see a lynch on him.
3. What do you think about the Lateralus / Xite situation?
I don't really see a Lat/Xite situation at this point, more a lot of people pointing out a fair few flaws in Xite's play. With Leech's recent post pointing out Xite stuffed up Iam's gambit, and by his own admission, knowingly did so (unless he wishes to backtrack the statement that he knew what the gambit was). Followed with his most recent posting where he's basically saying Leech should only find him scummy if he also votes him. Thus suggesting we should all be vote hopping anytime someone says something we deem scummy. So right now I'd be all for a Xite lynch.
4. Any other suspicians or alternates to who could be scum if fitz turns up town?
Think I've answered this a few times, but while I still find HF scummy, I also find Adendy and Xite scummy, and obviously CA as I only recently removed my vote from him thanks to Wendy pissing all over her/his own shoes with the self voting and sudden voting (and pushing) for a No Lynch on day 1.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 am

Post by havingfitz »

Work has got in the way of mafia this afternoon.

Will try to post follow-on from last evening's goodnight post asap.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

tomorrow wendy
-4- Xite91, LoudmouthLee, PranaDevil, Leech
Llamafluff
-3- ConfidAnon, Nexus, havingfitz
Xite91
-2- Lateralus22, Nightwolf
ConfidAnon
-1- Llamafluff
Lateralus22
-1- iamausername
No Lynch
-1- tomorrow wendy

Not Voting:
No one

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (pre-deadline)!
Last edited by Battousai on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:05 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

xite, why did you bail off of the Nexus wagon and vote for Lateralus on page 10?

It seems odd to me that you would be happy riding on the Nexus wagon at 4 votes, and then switch to someone else who was on the Nexus wagon.
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:08 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

ConfidAnon wrote:Was the slip-up with your alt a complete accident, Adel?
yes
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Xite91 »

Nightwolf wrote:9) *facepalm* He had been voting you for a while and only switched recently after wendy appeared to have given up and self-voted. That much is obvious if you've been keeping up with the game.
@Nightwolf
1) So I should deprive myself from RVS because of something I noticed I can easily go to if I feel stronger about it later? Also, did you forget that I was making a fake case on him?
2) I wanted to see the way that people jumped on him, as that is often a big indicator of who is scum.
4) I do use mostly gut, yes, but for your sakes I have been providing information on the people I find scummy. Go back and read me, you'll see points on Lat, Fit, and Wendy, they just aren't all bundled up in one post like I'm sure you would like.
5) I wanted to teach a noob how to make a case, that was the best way I saw how, follow the leader only teaches you how to follow, but being the leader teaches you how to lead, if you understand what I mean. And if it was a poor case, it would have been discarded, and the suspicion would have been on me, who I'm pretty sure would have a bit better chance defending myself then he would have.
6) o...k? :P
7) Okay, OMFG she's checking the thread.
Posts about one of their gambit that I could find (there could be more, was only skimming);
CA - 10
LmL - 3 + random rant (sorry LmL, that I got you involved in this, guess you were just caught in the crossfire)
Prana - 10
Mine about Commie -3, 2 of which were in posts with actual cases (I usually do this when I joke about something, makes it more fun, at least for me)
Satisfied?
8) That point on LmL was to make my "suspicion" on Nexus seem more real (because he appeared to be "defending his buddy"), and Lat seemed to be pushing for a lynch on a townie that already had a good amount of votes on them.
9) I have, it was just odd to me.

@Leech
Leech wrote: 2) Where exactly have I done this?
3)
Xite wrote:The same level as calling them as a team (as in maybe
same level in voting that person the next day?
I guess that could fall under your point)
Right there you agreed with me that you were claiming them to be on the same level, all the while trying to disagree. You even admit that it would fall under my point while calling my post a misrep, which by your own admission isn't. The fact is, what you are claiming is so absurd that you couldn't possibly have believed that at the time of your FoS. This only leaves the possibility that now that you've been called on it, you are trying to change past events to fit your current story.

4) You are trying to claim that your FoS was "almost" calling them a scumteam, which is absolutely absurd.
Xite wrote:Is it because you think I'm scum? Wait you couldn't because... You're not even voting me... in fact you're voting on the person that I've been pushing? WTF?
5) I am extremely suspicious of you, and I believe you could be scum. I don't have to vote for you to suspect for you. You should realize that I was voting for you until Wendy went in self-destruct extremely scummy mode. As scummy as you are, I don't think you are the best lynch at the moment. Though if its any consolation, it is getting to that point. What you are claiming is so absurd that it's getting hard to find possible town motivations for your actions.

I also fail to see the relevance in the last part of that comment. You're acting like just because you are pushing Wendy that I should automatically assume you're innocent? Hardly. With Dalt's complete lack of participation and Wendy's performance in this game, you could be bussing a partner. I'm not calling you a scumteam, but it is a possibility that I have considered. (Notice how I called it a consideration, and not something I posted in thread? That's because I know the difference.) Just because we may share votes at the moment, does not mean that I wouldn't think you're scummy. It's ridiculous to insinuate otherwise. It is entirely ridiculous to use the fact that I'm voting for Wendy, someone you're "pushing", as a defense as well.
1) Considering it was spelled "consistencies" and not "inconsistencies" it was a pretty big typo.
2) If you put the two quotes together, you'll get the whole meaning of it. You're "Interpreting" what I'm saying wrong because you think I'm scum.
3) Here's one of them, the parenthesis was me trying to understand your reasoning for what you were saying, not my thought process, but my trying to understand yours.
4) I was explaining my reasoning for thinking that I said they were a scumteam. I realized I hadn't called it out, instead just FoS'd Fitz, but I was saying that to me, in that situation, it was almost the same thing.
5) Like I said before, just seemed odd, partially because you were voting her and not contributing much to pushing her lynch, while pushing me like crazy when you're not even voting for me.

tomorrow wendy wrote:xite, why did you bail off of the Nexus wagon and vote for Lateralus on page 10?

It seems odd to me that you would be happy riding on the Nexus wagon at 4 votes, and then switch to someone else who was on the Nexus wagon.
Read the thread and you might find out. It's only been said, argued about, beaten into the ground, and then argued about again.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:07 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

Sorry Xite but it was too long for me. Could you be a dear and summarize it for me?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Xite91 »

tomorrow wendy wrote:Sorry Xite but it was too long for me. Could you be a dear and summarize it for me?
If there were jesters in this game you would be my suspect.
Just read it.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by havingfitz »

PranaDevil wrote:HF is also scummy to me still. If only because he was pushing Dalt heavily despite him not being here. It feels like he was hoping for an easy lynch and got stuck arguing it when nobody felt it was the way to go.
PranaDevil wrote:Actually I've always said just because Dalt was a noob it didn't mean he wasn't scum. Wendy's play just increases the possibility for that slot, as I can't see two people in that slot making a right hash job of things.
Nice…condemn me for my suspicions towards dalt while maintaining your suspicion on that slot…followed shortly thereafter with your tw vote. I’m still not convinced you are scum but your hypocrisy regarding the dalt slot and continued suspicions towards me…when you yourself are now voting dalt/tw is annoying as he\\. Still not in my top two however.
Xite91 wrote:1) Or it's likely that you were bussing Dalt so you could coast the rest of the game, seeings how you pushed so hard on him.
1) Another LML-esque assessment. I’m either scum bussing scum dalt/tw or scum focused on the noob town. There’s no town option in there? Is it wrong to push hard on someone you think is scum?
LoudmouthLee wrote:
HF wrote: LML case on me is crap and I'm not caring for his game iirc. I need to look at him closer. My suspicions for scum right now are focused on tw, llama, LML, and CA or Prana (though definitely not a CA-llama combo or a prana-tw combo).
If this doesn't scream OMGUS, I don't know what is. I made my case against you. I made my points, and if you don't like them, I don't understand why that's scummy. I'm absolutely not the only one who's suspicious of you. In other words, suck it up and deal with it.
HF wrote:To those getting suspicious of tw...does that change the way you view dalt's play?
No! Jesus christ, he made 3 posts, none of them had any merit at all. Honestly, regardless of how TW flips if he/she is lynched, I still hate the way you played it. It screams scum to me. The fact that you're STILL bringing up Dalt's play makes it seem ever more like a bussing situation, and how you're trying to gain sentiment by a Dalt/TW lynch.

TW has flip-flopped his/herself. And it truns out (Metagame/WIFOM moment) that instantly, TW was happy with me, and the second that I started attacking HF, Her suspicions on me elevated.

As of right now, I'm comfortable with an
Unvote
Vote: Tomorrow Wendy
, but trust me, HF, I'm pretty sure you're scum.
You making crap cases on others does not preclude them from suspecting you for pushing crap cases. Wouldn’t you like it if it did? And now we have another major hypocrite slamming me for how I was so suspicious of dalt….am trying to gain sentiment for a dalt/tw wagon (how so?)..and then you put your vote down on tw. Unbelievable. Also…for the point in bold above…where did tw raise suspicions towards you? In her/his PBPA comments towards you? Ridiculous. tw makes a valid scumtell assessment for one of your posts. You are making more shit up to pave the way for you putting your vote on the hot wagon.
Leech wrote:
HF wrote:LML is coming across very scummy IMO though for his weak ass case on me and setting up a wagon for me tomorrow regardless of how tw flips.
Considering you specified that you were unsure of whether or not TW would be around tomorrow (meaning you believe she may be lynched) how is this statement anything other than what you are persecuting him for?
@Leech…My reasons weren’t any different but the self vote and the no lynch vote along with the fast wagon build up in preview while I was preparing to post made me more and more uncertain of dalt/tw’s alignment hence my desire to hold off. It may come across as fence sitting but the flurry of activity has provided more info (both from tw and the people piling on her/his wagon) was reason IMO to mull things over a bit longer. As for whether tw was still around the next morning…that was just stating the facts. I wouldn’t be able to help it if 7 others voted tw…but I wasn’t about to until I gave it more thought.
As for your quote above…I don’t see your point.
LoudmouthLee wrote:
HF, in regards to TW wrote:I voted for dalt. What do you think of his play? What is you mafia experience?
Why does TW's mafia experience matter, even a little bit? This is an obvious play to discredit another poster.
It would allow me to view their play as either someone experienced or new. Iirc, I also asked tw if they played under another name….which would have opened up the possibility to meta. Your accusation is baseless and another example of you concocting grounds for suspicion. Another example being your 3rd vote on a bandwagon in a mountainous game. HTH is that a scumtell? #3 out of 7 is scum?
LoudmouthLee wrote:With that being said, HF's reaction was one of "I have a power role." That's MY opinion.
What does this even mean? So you think I was scum that didn’t know the set up and was setting the groundwork for a later PR claim? Could you explain this opinion?
Nightwolf wrote:
havingfitz wrote:To those getting suspicious of tw...does that change the way you view dalt's play?
I did not agree with your case on dalt either, and no, wendy does not change the way that I view dalts play. I'm sure you probably said it before somewhere, but assuming it is true that dalt was lying, (since that seems to be what the debate around him focused entirely on) why/how exactly is dalt scummy? (I expect an answer to this that is more than some version of LAL.)
I maintain all my suspicion towards dalt…and it has never been solely focused on his cut and dry lie. It is based on the entirety of his posts…up through his last one where he avoided explanation.

That said, I hate self votes but they are kind of null IMO ass I have seen both town and scum do it. The fact tw is not as new a player as we might think however leads me to think the self vote is more likely coming from scum as I don’t think an experienced player would do so as town. I.e. I think a self vote from town is more likely to come from a newer player. I’m less confident tw is scum then I was 48 hours ago but I still can’t get past dalt’s play + tw/Adel’s play.

VOTE: tomorrow wendy
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by tomorrow wendy »

my assessment: nolynch is optimal, followed by h.fitz lynch, followed by xite lynch.

I am a baller ;)
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Xite91 »

tomorrow wendy wrote:my assessment: nolynch is optimal, followed by h.fitz lynch, followed by xite lynch.

I am a baller ;)
My assessment: You are scum, bussing your partner and setting up a townie mislynch when Fitz flips scum.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

tomorrow wendy wrote:my assessment: nolynch is optimal, followed by h.fitz lynch, followed by xite lynch.
All of those are good choices, CA maybe although I am still wondering how much of this is my "always scum" read of him acting up again. Out of Xite and HF I would rather lynch Xite at this point, but HF is still a good lynch.

I understand how your analysis works, what do you make of it though? As in who is playing to common scum voting patterns or anything like that, or is it just a WIP that is useful later?

@Everyone - What is your opinion on no lynch today after hearing the arguement from TW?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Xite wrote:1) So I should deprive myself from RVS because of something I noticed I can easily go to if I feel stronger about it later? Also, did you forget that I was making a fake case on him?
Does this mean you were trying to make RVS longer?
Xite91 wrote:

I am a baller ;)
My assessment: You are scum, bussing your partner and setting up a townie mislynch when Fitz flips scum.
tommorow wendy will you please go and answer the questions I had asked you? Prana quoted them on this page so you should be able to find them. Sorry Prana that I didn't say which page they were on, I thought you wouldn't have trouble finding them since I thought I had posted them recently.

This doesn't make sense by your reasoning Xite. You believe Wendy is bussing fitz right? So if wendy is lynched and he turns up scum, then you lynch fitz because you're saying tommorow wendy was bussing fitz how will that be a mislynch when you're saying he'll turn up scum?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Xite91 »

LlamaFluff wrote:@Everyone - What is your opinion on no lynch today after hearing the arguement from TW?
Still don't agree with it on D1
We can get more info from it later on, also we can at least try to get scum tonight
Lateralus22 wrote:
Xite wrote:1) So I should deprive myself from RVS because of something I noticed I can easily go to if I feel stronger about it later? Also, did you forget that I was making a fake case on him?
Does this mean you were trying to make RVS longer?

2)
Xite91 wrote:

I am a baller ;)
This doesn't make sense by your reasoning Xite. You believe Wendy is bussing fitz right? So if wendy is lynched and he turns up scum, then you lynch fitz because you're saying tommorow wendy was bussing fitz how will that be a mislynch when you're saying he'll turn up scum?
1) It was my first post, and it was in the middle of page 1, is this too long for you?

2) Try it this way, maybe it will make sense to you
tomorrow wendy wrote:my assessment: nolynch is optimal,
followed by h.fitz lynch,
followed by xite lynch.
Xite91 wrote:My assessment: You are scum,
bussing your partner
and setting up a townie mislynch when Fitz flips scum.
Get it now?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by tomorrow wendy »

LlamaFluff wrote:I understand how your analysis works, what do you make of it though? As in who is playing to common scum voting patterns or anything like that, or is it just a WIP that is useful later?
I need two flips to make any real progress.
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by tomorrow wendy »

lat is more likely to be town
not very scummy
i prefer to lynch Xite today if enough people don't see the light and elect nolynch
4. Any other suspicians or alternates to who could be scum if fitz turns up town?
nexus
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

LlamaFluff wrote:@Everyone - What is your opinion on no lynch today after hearing the arguement from TW?
We're not no lynching.
Xite wrote:Get it now?
Sorry I misunderstood you. You are saying the lynch on yourself is a mis lynch right?
Xite wrote:I think he asked pretty much the same thing, and already answered.
Going back to post #392...

I don't think you got the point of what I was saying, you thought Iau's gambit was a good way to catch scum when it was easy for you to think so yet when questioned you believe that it wouldn't have worked? You're twisted things around when it fits your needs.

@CA

Why aren't you liking Xite's play and what don't you like about it? Is there anything you'd like to add or would you feel it would be better if you backed up into the shadows?
tomorrow wendy wrote:
lat is more likely to be town
not very scummy
i prefer to lynch Xite today if enough people don't see the light and elect nolynch
nexus
1. Why?
2. Why?
3. Why Xite? Are you not suspious of havingfitz? What about PranaDevil?
4. Why?

This post looks a lot like buddying.

@IAU

Would you like to come back to the game? We'd like to have your opinion on what's going on.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Xite91 »

tomorrow wendy wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:I understand how your analysis works, what do you make of it though? As in who is playing to common scum voting patterns or anything like that, or is it just a WIP that is useful later?
I need two flips to make any real progress.
Of course you do :P
Lateralus22 wrote:
We're not no lynching.
QFT
Lateralus22 wrote:Sorry I misunderstood you. You are saying the lynch on yourself is a mis lynch right?
*facepalm* yes

Lateralus22 wrote:I don't think you got the point of what I was saying, you thought Iau's gambit was a good way to catch scum when it was easy for you to think so yet when questioned you believe that it wouldn't have worked? You're twisted things around when it fits your needs.
Nope. By then it was already not going to work.
Lateralus22 wrote:This post looks a lot like buddying.

@IAU

Would you like to come back to the game? We'd like to have your opinion on what's going on.
again. QFT.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by tomorrow wendy »

1. Why?gut
2. Why?gut
3. Why Xite?gut
Are you not suspious of havingfitz? still him, lynch him too.
What about PranaDevil? nah, I think he is fine now
4. Why? gut
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by Leech »

Xite wrote:1) Considering it was spelled "consistencies" and not "inconsistencies" it was a pretty big typo.
I can't believe I actually have to explain this...
Leech wrote:What you are, now, doing is trying to force things you've said earlier (the ones you can actually remember, anyway) into being something that it wasn't at the time, in order to make up for your
horrid consistensy.
It clearly says "horrid consistency". The word horrid, an adjective, is being used in this instance to modify the original meaning of the word "consistency" in a manner that is contradictory to it's definition. Had I actually used the word "inconsistency" in this particular case, then it would have the "that's a big typo" meaning you are trying to wrongfully force on this situation. "Horrid inconsistency" would be a double-negative which would give off the exact opposite meaning as I intended. As it is written it means your consistency was horrid, as in, not consistent. I spelled the word incorrectly (which is the typo I was referring to), but it was written in the correct manner. Unless you simply do not understand what the word "horrid" means, you are trying to make something scummy that clearly wasn't.
Xite wrote:2) If you put the two quotes together, you'll get the whole meaning of it. You're "Interpreting" what I'm saying wrong because you think I'm scum.
Or, you are scum and I'm interpreting it in the correct manner, just not the one you intended. We can go back and forth on this all day, if you'd like.
Xite wrote:3) Here's one of them, the parenthesis was me trying to understand your reasoning for what you were saying, not my thought process, but my trying to understand yours.
Yeah, if we pretend you worded it in that manner you can definitely claim that was your intent. The fact that it wasn't (unless you mean, maybe ....) then it would be a statement trying to figure out my thought process. The way it is written is an indication that it was a thought process of your own. The "As in maybe", specifically shows that you are trying to show how you were pairing them up against each other, not passing that off as a feeler for my thoughts.
Xite wrote:4) I was explaining my reasoning for thinking that I said they were a scumteam. I realized I hadn't called it out, instead just FoS'd Fitz, but I was saying that to me, in that situation, it was almost the same thing.
If anyone, for a second, actually believes that you truly believed a FOS and a Vote is anywhere near calling them a scumteam, I will shit a golden brick. It's so far from being the same thing that it's an insult to our intelligence for you to even claim that.
Xite wrote:Like I said before, just seemed odd, partially because you were voting her and not contributing much to pushing her lynch, while pushing me like crazy when you're not even voting for me.
When you leave out the fact that I was voting for you immediately before Wendy's extremely scummy self-destruct mode, then you would have a point. Again, that point would involve you blatantly discarding the facts of the situation. I'm not contributing much to pushing her lynch, at this exact moment in time because I'm thinking about it. Get that, people sometimes think about things before they make a post on it. The fact that Wendy is an alt of a non-newbie player does change the situation. The main question, obviously, being why was Adel playing so horribly, when (s)he is obviously experienced? I'm not sure what to make of it at the moment, but it doesn't erase the blatantly scummy activities prior to that alt reveal. I'm not going to put my vote back on you, when Wendy's scummy actions still surpass those of your own. I'm not going to ignore your scummy actions, just because I'm voting Wendy, either. Why does it feel like this is the second time you've insinuated that I should?
Xite wrote:We can get more info from it later on, also we can at least try to get scum
tonight
Why did you write "tonight" when the town has no PR's? The town can do nothing at night. Shouldn't that say "today"?
Llamafluff wrote:@Everyone - What is your opinion on no lynch today after hearing the arguement from TW?
You mean the alt that is intentionally playing a terrible game, even after (s)he is exposed as a non-newbie? Why would I take anything she is saying seriously when she's deliberately making bad plays? Why wouldn't I consider her argument on this matter another, intentionally bad play? Considering I've already stated my reasons on why I disagree with it, I don't see why a player that is trying to play horribly would sway me in any way.
Tomorrow Wendy wrote:I need two flips to make any real progress.
Really? So you're going to be useless until then? Considering we've already established that you are not a newbie, why are you maintaining this charade? This deliberate newbie play is what is keeping my vote on you. Your "mafia is stupid on this site" after seeing you are an alt, is really what's getting me. It's clear that you are intentionally trying to be a shitty player, and I want to know why. I cannot think of a pro-town reason to intentionally be a worse player than you are. No one benefits from this.
Xite wrote:Nope. By then it was already not going to work.
You keep saying this when it was YOU that ruined the gambit. How can you seriously claim that you believed it was a good way to catch scum, when it was your post that made the gambit worthless? Every time you say that you are actually saying "It was a good way to catch scum, until my post made it impossible for IAU to follow up the one reaction he could have."

On a different note I looked at the first ever Mountainous game, and the one person that did not read the rules at the start of the game was scum. Looking at that does add significant merit to IAU's play. In fact, I'm wondering if he knew about that before he made the suggestion. Everyone saying that town would be more likely to make that mistake, should definitely give the first page of that thread a good read. I'm wondering how many people actually investigated this type of game before it started.
Tomorrow Wendy wrote:1. Why?gut
2. Why?gut
3. Why Xite?gut
Are you not suspious of havingfitz? still him, lynch him too.
What about PranaDevil? nah, I think he is fine now
4. Why? gut
1. Worthless
2. Worthless
3. Worthless
Non numbered: What?
Non numbered: Why? (Let me guess, gut)
4. Worthless

Wendy is intentionally being a worthless player. Considering we all know that the player isn't a newbie, I think the alt slip was intentional, and this is a method to save her ass. I mean, really, she went to the trouble to draw up a voting pattern graph, only to slip back into her "TLDR" and fluffy posts. I see absolutely no reason that this player would be playing this poorly intentionally. Is there anyone that can explain this to me? I just don't get it.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Leech wrote:
Llamafluff wrote:@Everyone - What is your opinion on no lynch today after hearing the arguement from TW?
You mean the alt that is intentionally playing a terrible game, even after (s)he is exposed as a non-newbie? Why would I take anything she is saying seriously when she's deliberately making bad plays? Why wouldn't I consider her argument on this matter another, intentionally bad play? Considering I've already stated my reasons on why I disagree with it, I don't see why a player that is trying to play horribly would sway me in any way.
Yeah this is attacking the presenter not attacking the idea.

There are distinct benifits for no lynching early, and benifits for no lynching late. TW points out the one that I missed in a statistic mindset, of as the game goes on kills become more obvious. If you have a four player scenario, chances are that one person is an obvious lynch. In this situation, that is not the case.

No lynching is not a good play, theory and practice says it is a good move. More on this in a bit.
Tomorrow Wendy wrote:I need two flips to make any real progress.
Really? So you're going to be useless until then? Considering we've already established that you are not a newbie, why are you maintaining this charade? This deliberate newbie play is what is keeping my vote on you. Your "mafia is stupid on this site" after seeing you are an alt, is really what's getting me. It's clear that you are intentionally trying to be a shitty player, and I want to know why. I cannot think of a pro-town reason to intentionally be a worse player than you are. No one benefits from this.
Think before you attack. What TW made was basically a vote analysis post, just one that is a little better then one that just looks at old post VCs. Him saying that it takes flips to make it very useful was expected. While I do not like him playing "weaker" then normal, making an alt to play far more aggressive, impulsive, etc is completely fine with me.

On no lynch - I actually like it for right now, but am against it in practice for a key reason. It will make an amazingly massive ammount of noise. People will split on it, some people will try to use it as a tell (which it is not as it can be argued as good and bad) but it will be used as a tell, which will create more noise, and just get in the way of scumhunting.

I will probably be voting Xite soon. She is scum.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Nightwolf
Nightwolf
Townie
Nightwolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by Nightwolf »

@Xite:

1) So you're seriously going to suffer from not placing a random vote when you have another option that is more in the town's interest?
2)I already explained that I do not believe your gambit. If it had only been plan A, I may have believed you, but plan B is just plain anti-town with the way/reason you claim to have done it.
4) Heh... the long posts are mainly because I'm catching up on topics that weren't covered to my satisfaction prior to joining the game. Anyway, I didn't say you used
all
gut, but that you have used it a lot and conveniently in places where it excuses some of your scummier actions.
5) If Nexus were to push a poor and/or faulty case, the suspicion would be on... you? Why?
7) By going through and counting up all the posts you could find on the topic, are you implying that it should not have been discussed at all?

@wendy:
tomorrow wendy wrote:
Lateralus22 wrote:3. What do you think about the Lateralus / Xite situation?
Does this mean that Xite is your top lynch candidate at this time?
tomorrow wendy wrote:I need two flips to make any real progress.
If it could be useful after having two flips, wouldn't it be better to lynch today so that it could be useful tomorrow rather than waiting an extra day and having an extra townie dead before it becomes useful?
Xite91 wrote:
tomorrow wendy wrote:xite, why did you bail off of the Nexus wagon and vote for Lateralus on page 10?

Read the thread and you might find out. It's only been said, argued about, beaten into the ground, and then argued about again.
To be more specific, read the post where Xite claimed her gambit. I quoted it in #2 of my last post (which would be near the end of the last full page).

@fitz:
havingfitz wrote:I maintain all my suspicion towards dalt…and it has never been solely focused on his cut and dry lie. It is based on the entirety of his posts…up through his last one where he avoided explanation.
Prehaps I didn't word it too clearly. It seemed as if the majority of the discussion that people had with you was what had been focused only on how vaild dalt's lie was. My question is that (forgetting about the discussion on whether its black and white or shades of grey), in your view, how is dalt's lie scummy?

@noone but myself really: I find it interesting that both Xite and wendy are linking fitz to each other. Im not sure what to make of it right now, but I'll have to look back at a couple things when I feel this becomes relevant.

@Mod: You have two votes listed on Xite, but they are on two separate rows, with each labeled as being the only vote on Xite. Please correct this. Thanks.

Thoughts about the No Lynch proposal
(may be a bit disjointed but my resulting position is summarized at the end):
1) The scum would already have a reasonable idea of who seems to be the most town currently from the activities that we have had so far today (if they do choose to kill who they think is most obvtown).
2) We would have more information to work from tomorrow with two flips if we lynch rather than one if we no lynch.
3) We would have another viewpoint in the discussion tomorrow if we no lynch now since there is the extra living player and therefore get more information than lynching in that way. However, the player we would have lynched might be scum, and lynching scum would cut down on the insincerities in the thread while maintaining the same number number of pro-town viewpoints. This possibility means that point 3 does not outweigh points 1 and 2.
4) There are no power roles on either side, so there is no way that a player can be suddenly confirmed, and therefore players views on each other are not as likely to undergo sudden changes as other games, except possibly due to roleflips. Continuing under the assumption that the scum will kill the "most obvtown" player each night, this means that the chance of the most obvtown player changing between the end of today and the end of tomorrow are somewhat low, so putting off the extra no-lynch-scumkill an extra day does not have a high chance of affecting its target.
5) The previous points can be applied to each following day as well.
6) We would have another player alive once we reach mylo if we do not no lynch than we would have alive at lylo if we do, giving us an extra town viewpoint and therefore more information at that time, however . . .
7) . . . no lynching at mylo does provide the scum the opportunity to kill off a player that it is fairly obvious the town will not vote for to be the mislynch (if such a player exists at the time), leaving the town less clarity.
8) Point 6 remains true for the day before mylo and the day before lylo, while reducing the effect of 7 since there is still more information to be produced by the lynch and nightkill that would bring the game into lylo if a scum was not lynched and therefore an opportunity for players views to shift a bit.
(Added clarification: Waiting until mylo to no lynch means that there would be no new information except for a townflip of a player. Everything else (not directly related to that townflip) would have already been discussed allowing the scum to be fairly sure of who they would want to use the extra kill on and possibly the effects of that kill as well. No lynching before mylo makes it somewhat more difficult for scum to look ahead and make the best choice with their extra kill.)

Therefore, my position is that
we should wait to use our no-lynch until we are in a situation where a mislynch will place us in mylo
. Since 3 mislynches will place us in mylo/lylo, this would then be the day after our second mislynch. My secondary preference would then be the day before this (the day after our first mislynch).
tomorrow wendy
tomorrow wendy
Goon
tomorrow wendy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:14 am

Post by tomorrow wendy »

"Does this mean that Xite is your top lynch candidate at this time?"
-- no, nolynch followed by h.fitz is still preferred, but given a choice between Lat and Xite I'll vote to lynch Xite.

"If it could be useful after having two flips, wouldn't it be better to lynch today so that it could be useful tomorrow rather than waiting an extra day and having an extra townie dead before it becomes useful?"
-- if we do that then no-lynch becomes optimal on day 2, and informed scumhunting still doesn't begin until day 3.

@noone but myself really: I find it interesting that both Xite and wendy are linking fitz to each other. Im not sure what to make of it right now, but I'll have to look back at a couple things when I feel this becomes relevant.
don't know what to make of it? Lynch h.fitz!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:43 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I much prefer Nightwolf's view on the No Lynch situation. No Lynching just before MyLo is the best course of action. No Lynching now gains us nothing of use for tomorrow and leaves us in much the same spot we are now.

Today we are lynching, that's the general consensus, and thus I think the discussion has run it's course.

Also, deadline is just 4 days away, so we need to make a decision, as it stands it's increasingly looking like the options are Wendy or Xite at the moment. Personally I'd rather Wendy (and it appears 3 others do too), however I'd be happy with a Xite lynch too at this stage. Either way we need to start making our decisions soon.

@Mod
Can we get the deadline posted with the vote counts as well? Having to check back to find it is tiresome.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:12 am

Post by iamausername »

Lateralus22 wrote:@IAU

Yeah, sorry. I'm working on a huge-ass game summary post, it'll be done some time today. But in brief, my opinion is that everybody is barking up the wrong tree and ignoring the scum who is holding up a big neon sign with an arrow pointing at himself saying "I AM SCUM".

VOTE: ConfidAnon

As far as the popular candidates go, I think I support a fitz lynch over Xite, and Xite over wendy, I'll tell you for sure later. But really I can't fathom any reason why we would want to lynch anyone besides ConfidAnon today.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”