Mini 1009 ÔÇô Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:05 am

Post by Johoohno »

Vote count Day 2
(10 players alive = 6 to lynch before deadline)

(3) mothrax – ZONEACE, Tazaro, scotmany12
(2) nopointinactingup – Cuethlachtli, mothrax
(2) Tazaro - nopointinactingup, Simenon
(1) Simenon - tumescence

Not voting: Blackberry, Thief,

:arrow: Deadline Day 2 is September 3

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:50 am

Post by scotmany12 »

I don't think cuet is scum nopoint. I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I get a very town vibe from his posts.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Tazaro »

@tumesence:
scotmany12 wrote:I don't think cuet is scum nopoint. I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I get a very town vibe from his posts.
I agree with scotmany12; I also have a town vibe from cuet; that is why I think he got the immunity.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Two things: I am back home finally (been in DC looking at apartments since Sunday). I've had limited time to get online and had to prioritize what I wanted to handle, this not being too high priority as it's the start of the day so I knew I'd have plenty of time to catch up and nothing drastic would happen right away.

I have to do some things, but expect a post tonight.

xoxo

Blackberry
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Thief »

Whoops surprised I haven't been prodded
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Thief »

Looking back, mothrax is playing all defense and not even trying to scumhunt anymore.

Vote: mothrax
high timed I joined this wagon.
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Tazaro »

i see that the mothrax wagon is full of horsepower.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Thief »

Its a good day to bus, your vote is appreciated Tazaro.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:32 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

@Scott: I have some town vibe from his posts, some scum vibe but he's just pain annoying to talk to.
@Thief: Why not Tazaro if you think Mothrax and Tazaro are scumbuddies?
Justice will prevail
\m/
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:54 am

Post by mothrax »

That is an easy answer, my wagon is bigger, which makes me a more likely lynch for the day.
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Cuetlachtli »

nopointinactingup wrote:@Cuet: :roll: a very likely story.
I elaborated on why IronMan was scum on the post you quoted me on. :roll:
This guy is hopeless. Part of me is now saying Cuet is scum because he's obviously pretending not to have paid attention to the game as well as blatantly misrepping and tunneling on me. But I'm more willing on a Tazaro lynch today. Cuet's constant tunneling should be to drive people off Tazaro and Mothrax's ( potential scumbuddies) back.
Nopoint quit being a diva. You case on the Iron Man / Tazaro slot is vague and you need to clarify it. Regardless of whether you like me or not, clarification would be the PRO-TOWN thing to do. Let me map out your case of that slot to assist you in your expected response:

Nopoint wrote:
Ironman
: This guy has a measured playstyle that is typical of scum. And he's been lurking recently. Ironman is likely scum.
Unvote.Vote:Ironman

If he was scum, he's unlikely partner with Mothrax.
This guy has a measured playstyle that is typical of scum.
This is too vague. How do scum usually play?

And he's been lurking recently.
On the contrary, maybe Iron Man was inactive since he ended up getting replaced. In my opinion, inactive players get replaced while lurkers get prodded.

nopointinactingup wrote:On a further note, I have vested interest in the way Mothrax's wagon was formulated with 3 unexplained votes.
Tazaro wrote:cuet, I wanted to hear from you cuz urr good on content.
Here Tazaro talks about something unrelated to his vote for Mothrax ( looks like to create an illusion of content). So I'm going to settle with the replacement of my best suspicion. The others (Zone, Scott) should do well to speak up.
Vote:Tazaro
Here Tazaro talks about something unrelated to his vote for Mothrax ( looks like to create an illusion of content).
True, Tazaro did do post something unrelated to his vote for Mothrax. Whether he posted to create an illusion of content or not can be disputed. His reasoning for voting Mothrax is posted later...

Tazaro wrote:I looked at the suspicions of other people on you, mothrax. You are rightfully suspicious.
This post is a null tell for me. I have seen scummies and townies vote to lynch players based off other people's arguments before.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Blackberry »

End of Yesterday:
ZONEACE wrote:I really don't like this wagon. I'm usually always for a Lynch the Lurker philosophy, but in this instance the posts CDB has made ring town for me.
This strikes me as ZONEACE trying to look more townie by claiming he thinks CDB is town (in reality, mafia know who ARE the town, so when someone is about to flip, they know what side to appear to be on to make themselves look less like scum) and I do not understand what knowledge ZONEACE used to come to this conclusion.

----------------------------
Tazaro wrote:lynching the lurker CDB is making me draw a blank right now. I'd like to hear from Cuet in particular about his thoughts for day two.
This strikes me as
odd
. Drawing a blank? Really? Tazaro - if you are drawing a blank - did you consider reading through the whole day one? I do not get why it would draw a blank, the main intention of lynching CDB was because he wasn't as active. I don't think anyone was 100% positive "OH YES HE IS DEF. SCUM" and him coming up town is super shocking (although disapointing).
Cuetlachtli wrote:2. BB had a potential town slip by reading Cuet ISO 36 as a scum buss. Scum-BB could have been acting and anticipating town cred for his bad read. Or scum-BB could have been trying to get me quick lynched on Day 1 and keep the fail lurker, CDB, around for Day 2 or later. IMO, I think BB was being sincere when he accused me of bussing.
This does not strike me as something scum would state. At the very least, whether Cuet is scum or town, he is being very logical and analyzing things to a great extent.
nopointinactingup wrote:What do you know. My two/ three scum reads suddenly OGMUSing me.
... etc., etc.
The others (Zone, Scott) should do well to speak up.
((Just for reference, I didn't read all of these in order I am posting [i edited the order to reflect when they were posted, I actually started on page 14 at the posts just below your post, then I went back to the start of Day 2] - but I just realized
all three of those people have struck me as possible scum
. This gives you small, but significant, town points in my opinion, only because if you suspect the same people I suspect, you must be thinking simularly, whereas mafia aren't really thinking like town are...))
scotmany12 wrote:There is more to it. He avoids taking any responsibility by not random voting, even though he says random voting is necessary. When questioned about it, he states he didn't want to vote first, which is
bullshit
. If random voting is necessary, then why would he then not random vote? His defense for his other actions are pretty bad too, and the generabl vibe from his posts is that he is more concerned about staying alive than actually catching scum.

Why the
hell
would you think cuet got the nightkill immunity? And why would that make you value his input more over others?
I do not know why, but I don't like your attitude (using cuss words in order to reflect you disagree with something, asking aggressive questions in order to show your point of view). I wouldn't say it strikes me as scum, but acting like that doesn't help me get a "I am scotmany, I want to help the town win" it just reflects a "I am a badass, get out of the way, I'm here to get mad at people" attitude that I do not approve of.

I do agree with your last question though ("I think cuet got immunity" is kind of an odd thing to say...). I tried to vote for myself (not allowed) and then I ended up half-throwing my vote away for someone I didn't think people would vote/voting for someone I thought was town after skimming through Day 1 (and to be completely honest, I don't think anyone struck me as 100% town, although recent posts have led me to believe both Cuet and tumescene are town).

tumescence wrote:
Tazaro wrote:The post from cuet was because I thought he was the one who got the nightkill immunity; i'm interested in his input

I'm interested in knowing why you thought cuet got the nightkill immunity.

@mothrax, nopointinactingup:

I think you're both town, and your argument is making the scum's jobs easier for them. I've already explained why I had a strong town read on moth (his wording seemed genuine and without premeditation... "if by some weird chance he flips scum").

If you iso drmy (the predecessor of nopointactingup), you should be able to get a townvibe from him. Specifically, see his wording (for eg.,"I see this as a tactic in which he is trying to make himself look useful and smart thus gaining the towns trust, but I see right threw it"), and also read his long and detailed case against mothrax, which seems sincere. drmy in general seems like a big sincerity overspill.
=================

Vote: Simenon

I'd like to hear from Tazaro before I try building a case on Simenon, but as for now,
Simenon is the one I really want to get lynched.
I think he's the likeliest to be mafia, though I am clueless about his potential partner.
This struck me as a (strong) townie post. Strong as in I had a strong read as it as a town.

----

I am reading scotmany's posts on mothrax and thinking they are silly (maybe because I can see where mothrax is coming from and understand where he is coming from and think the attack on him because of that is silly). I don't like how scotmany is attacking a small point and trying to make a big deal out of it. I, too, did not have an alternative at the time for RVS.

AND THEN ZONEACE comes in and agrees with scotmany, only giving him more scum points in my book.

VOTE: ZONEACE

----

Just a note on Iron Man (and I believe I mentioned this in a post before): I am fairly certain he was inactive, as he was in a MISH MASH game of mine and disappeared around the same time.

----

The way people are attacking mothrax seems to me like scum are going for an easy lynch. I think for the most part I don't want to vote mothrax because some of the attacks against him seem silly to me. I wouldn't be horribly surprised if he turns up scum, but I really think he'll turn up town (mostly because I think ZONEACE is scum and he is voting mothrax). To be straight-forward: I am not leaning towards mothrax as either way (I think me thinking he is town is more hope because then I am even more certain that ZONEACE is scum). I feel the need to explain all my thoughts only because I do fear the possibility he *does* flip scum and then I would be instantly lynched next without question for not voting him and because of the silly POST #2 incident.

mothrax, I do however agree with a part of this
Thief wrote:Looking back, mothrax is playing all defense and not even trying to scumhunt anymore.
I think it would be benficial for you to post your thoughts and suspcions if you have them. In the event you are lynched and turn up town, atleast we have a town's perspective. And also because how you think and accuse will assist me in determining whether you are actually town or scum. Like I said, I don't really know at this point, I do know though that some of the points against you (atleast scottmany's argument) is baseless.

----

I *WANT* to go back and read ZONEACE from DAY 1 and see if anything else strikes me as scummy so I can see what's there. However, that will have to wait till later, as I am tired and it is late and I have things to do tomorrow.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Blackberry wrote:End of Yesterday:
ZONEACE wrote:I really don't like this wagon. I'm usually always for a Lynch the Lurker philosophy, but in this instance the posts CDB has made ring town for me.
This strikes me as ZONEACE trying to look more townie by claiming he thinks CDB is town (in reality, mafia know who ARE the town, so when someone is about to flip, they know what side to appear to be on to make themselves look less like scum) and I do not understand what knowledge ZONEACE used to come to this conclusion.
It says in the post what Knowledge i used, THE POSTS HE HAD MADE.

I am reading scotmany's posts on mothrax and thinking they are silly (maybe because I can see where mothrax is coming from and understand where he is coming from and think the attack on him because of that is silly). I don't like how scotmany is attacking a small point and trying to make a big deal out of it. I, too, did not have an alternative at the time for RVS.

AND THEN ZONEACE comes in and agrees with scotmany, only giving him more scum points in my book.

VOTE: ZONEACE

The way people are attacking mothrax seems to me like scum are going for an easy lynch. I think for the most part I don't want to vote mothrax because some of the attacks against him seem silly to me. I wouldn't be horribly surprised if he turns up scum, but I really think he'll turn up town (mostly because I think ZONEACE is scum and he is voting mothrax). To be straight-forward: I am not leaning towards mothrax as either way (I think me thinking he is town is more hope because then I am even more certain that ZONEACE is scum). I feel the need to explain all my thoughts only because I do fear the possibility he *does* flip scum and then I would be instantly lynched next without question for not voting him and because of the silly POST #2 incident.
So you really think the Moth wagon is scum trying to push the easy lynch? So then you're saying you've caught me, Taz and Scot as the scum team?

The absolute lack of logic and sense in your post makes it impossible to take seriously at all.

I *WANT* to go back and read ZONEACE from DAY 1 and see if anything else strikes me as scummy so I can see what's there. However, that will have to wait till later, as I am tired and it is late and I have things to do tomorrow.
Good luck with that since I was in day one for like a minute and a half. REMEMBER I REPLACED IN.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

CDB ISO 4
ChannelDelibird wrote:Notice: in the interests of having fun while playing mafia, I'm adopting a loosely-defined policy of not reading wall-of-text posts.

Anyway, some thoughts on what's been going on:

Blackberry's 1/#4 - "if you find me being anti-random voting unusual, please discuss" looks like poorly executed but well intentioned attempt to start early discussion to me
mothrax 1/#5 - scummy post. town should have finished that post with a random vote
mothrax 1/#14 - explanation "RVS generally necessary but I didn't feel like making first vote" doesn't make any sense from town perspective
Blackberry 2/#37 - "My post does not say "if I weren't town, those posts would be scummy" it says, if I weren't ME and I didn't know my own alignment, that post would be summy." agree with Simenon, this still doesn't make any sense to bring up as town
Thief 2/#45 - sticks out as passing no real comment on the two pages before it
Thief 2/#48 - next is to unvote, vote iron man "i don't believe in accidents" I am not impressed.
Iron Man 3/#66 - "And you're starting to look more and more worthy of my vote unless you can properly and promptly explain yourself." re:Thief, looks like scum not wanting to vote for his buddy
tumescence 4/#77 - strong townread on mothrax for saying "if by some weird chance he flips scum" ...needs explanation, because that quote suggests null-newb or possibly slight-scum read to me

- I didn't like some of his earlier posts and he seems to have withdrawn a bit since others started to receive more of the pressure.
and CDB ISO 5
ChannelDelibird wrote:mothrax - you said you didn't like random voting, but that it was generally necessary. That sentiment suggests that as town, the right thing for you to do was to ignore your personal dislike for it and random vote anyway. The fact that you didn't follow that sentiment to me suggests that you're not town.

They were CDB's ONLY real game related post (excluding the first random vote) and they scream TOWN. This is the "knowledge" as you called it I used to come to the conclusion CDB was town.

I also like how your ENTIRE reasoning behind voting me boils down to I refused to wagon CDB. insane.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

mothrax wrote:That is an easy answer, my wagon is bigger, which makes me a more likely lynch for the day.
You're lack of production is noted.
Blackberry wrote:I do not know why, but I don't like your attitude (using cuss words in order to reflect you disagree with something, asking aggressive questions in order to show your point of view). I wouldn't say it strikes me as scum, but acting like that doesn't help me get a "I am scotmany, I want to help the town win" it just reflects a "I am a badass, get out of the way, I'm here to get mad at people" attitude that I do not approve of.
Get over yourself. And don't insult me. Me calling something bullshit and using hell doesn't not make me a "badass" or equate to being mad at people.

Why you call me out on this but not the number of other people (sim, I know korts did as well) who have cursed does not sit well with me.
Blackberry wrote:I am reading scotmany's posts on mothrax and thinking they are silly (maybe because I can see where mothrax is coming from and understand where he is coming from and think the attack on him because of that is silly). I don't like how scotmany is attacking a small point and trying to make a big deal out of it. I, too, did not have an alternative at the time for RVS.
I'm not attacking a small point. I think he slipped up as scum. He called random voting stage mostly necessary, and then didn't vote. When questioned about it, his excuse was he didn't want to place the first vote. To me, that means he did not want to draw any sort of attention to himself, and wanted to sit back and let others do all the work. He chose not to help start the game in order to not draw attention to himself. Only scum would do that.

And you are generalizing my suspicion of Mothrax. That slip is the starting point, but he has not scumhunted, his only concern so far has been defending himself. He only cares if he stays alive, not if we catch scum or not.

And no, my argument is not baseless. You simply called my argument silly and played it off as a small point without ever explaining why.

If anything is baseless, it is your vote on zoneace. So far from what I gather, you are voting him for getting town vibes from CDB, and for agreeing with me. zoneace claimed to have town vibes from CDB's posts, so why he isn't allowed to think someone is town while others get town vibes on other people, I don't know. And if you have a problem with my arguments and think they are scummy, the natural reaction would be to vote the person who started them.
Blackberry wrote:The way people are attacking mothrax seems to me like scum are going for an easy lynch. I think for the most part I don't want to vote mothrax because some of the attacks against him seem silly to me. I wouldn't be horribly surprised if he turns up scum, but I really think he'll turn up town (mostly because I think ZONEACE is scum and he is voting mothrax). To be straight-forward: I am not leaning towards mothrax as either way (I think me thinking he is town is more hope because then I am even more certain that ZONEACE is scum). I feel the need to explain all my thoughts only because I do fear the possibility he *does* flip scum and then I would be instantly lynched next without question for not voting him and because of the silly POST #2 incident.
Before you made this post, I didn't think you were scum with mothrax. This part of your post changed my mind. Not only do you fence sit and refuse to take a stand on mothrax, but you are overly concerned with what people think about you if mothrax flips scum. You are so concerned that people will think you are mothrax's partner, that you have to go out of your way to say you haven't made a decision on mothrax. Not only is it ludicrous to think that you would be instantly lynched, it also screams paranoid scum.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Cuetlachtli wrote: Nopoint quit being a diva. You case on the Iron Man / Tazaro slot is vague and you need to clarify it. Regardless of whether you like me or not, clarification would be the PRO-TOWN thing to do.
Perhaps you haven't played with me before but know that though my cases are known to be very concise and generalized, it has been catching scum on a very effective streak. That's why I so dislike your fluff and equivocation on trivial matters. Though you have more details to work on, you are way more prone to confirmation bias. Now if you want some clarification from my post, ask where you are confused at, don't expect me to lay it out for you. For now my case against Tazaro is solely:
1> Ironman's post gives me a feeling that he's being measured and unnatural on what to post and very often taking the middle road, not a strong one-side perspective.
2> Tazaro has been posting fluffs and has done nothing to change my mind about that slot.
Blackberry wrote:.
Cuetlachtli wrote:2. BB had a potential town slip by reading Cuet ISO 36 as a scum buss. Scum-BB could have been acting and anticipating town cred for his bad read. Or scum-BB could have been trying to get me quick lynched on Day 1 and keep the fail lurker, CDB, around for Day 2 or later. IMO, I think BB was being sincere when he accused me of bussing.
This does not strike me as something scum would state. At the very least, whether Cuet is scum or town, he is being very logical and analyzing things to a great extent.
Blackberry wrote:.
nopointinactingup wrote:What do you know. My two/ three scum reads suddenly OGMUSing me.
... etc., etc.
The others (Zone, Scott) should do well to speak up.
((Just for reference, I didn't read all of these in order I am posting [i edited the order to reflect when they were posted, I actually started on page 14 at the posts just below your post, then I went back to the start of Day 2] - but I just realized
all three of those people have struck me as possible scum
. This gives you small, but significant, town points in my opinion, only because if you suspect the same people I suspect, you must be thinking simularly, whereas mafia aren't really thinking like town are...))
I disagree that these are town tells. I know that's your play style, but I've seen too many scums earning town cred for innocent-like posts that sound all nice but in reality are fluffs to fill content. You should look for content instead. And not all towns think alike, or else we'd never have to discuss. From your "drunk post", I now think you are likely town. What is your read on Tazaro/Mothrax/Cuet now?

@Zone: I see that BB really doesn't have that much of a case, but overreaction much? We're here to argue, not to dismiss others' case as insane. I see scum as more to dismiss a case like that without even trying.
Justice will prevail
\m/
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by tumescence »

Tazaro wrote: I also have a town vibe from cuet
Can you elaborate which posts of cuet's and which specific parts thereof give you a town vibe?
==========================

@Simenon:

What is your opinion on Tazaro's assumption that cuet got night 1 immunity? Do you think such an assumption is more likely to come from a townie or a mafia perspective? For eg., do you think something like he discussed it with his partner or something?

Also, what is your opinion on Ironman (who was Tazaro's predecessor)?
Simenon wrote:Other possibilities [for lynching] include BB, from yesterday.
I have trouble grasping why you suspect BB. Can you lay it out?

Also, what do you think about BB's towntells? For eg.,
BlackBerry wrote:Your over-explanation of why you are voting for CDB almost seems like you are bussing him to make yourself look better. This makes me think CDB will be a good lynch and he will turn up mafia.
Do you think BB was being sincere in saying that he thought Cuet could be bussing CDB?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Tazaro »

Cuetlachtli wrote:
Tazaro wrote:I looked at the suspicions of other people on you, mothrax. You are rightfully suspicious.
This post is a null tell for me. I have seen scummies and townies vote to lynch players based off other people's arguments before.
Here is an example of Cuet seeming town in my opinion. Scum do not say that posts are null tells; they are willing to comment at least a little negatively on things that other people have pointed out as potentially suspicious in their eyes.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Tazaro wrote:
Cuetlachtli wrote:
Here is an example of Cuet seeming town in my opinion. Scum do not say that posts are null tells; they are willing to comment at least a little negatively on things that other people have pointed out as potentially suspicious in their eyes.
Um....scum claim something is a null tell all the time. I don't know where you are getting the idea that scum will never say something is a null tell.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Tazaro »

I was thinking that saying something is null get rid of that something as a tool that can be used to cast suspicion on a person that a mafia member wants to cast suspicion on.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Simenon »

tumescence wrote:
@Simenon:

What is your opinion on Tazaro's assumption that cuet got night 1 immunity? Do you think such an assumption is more likely to come from a townie or a mafia perspective? For eg., do you think something like he discussed it with his partner or something?
I don't think it means anything. It seems like an excuse to demand material from Cuet.
Also, what is your opinion on Ironman (who was Tazaro's predecessor)?
Read through yesterday. I didn't think highly of Ironman.
I have trouble grasping why you suspect BB. Can you lay it out?
This also something that could be easily found through a read.
I think BB was taking an insincere tone, overly qualifying his statements, and that some of his reasoning was painfully off, particularly concerning mothrax. You can read those posts if you want specifics. Since I'm not pushing BB, I don't see any reason for me to do so.
Also, what do you think about BB's towntells?
I don't see that as a town tell.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Simenon »

Tazaro wrote:I was thinking that saying something is null get rid of that something as a tool that can be used to cast suspicion on a person that a mafia member wants to cast suspicion on.
1. Sometimes it's a good strategy for scum to defend townies.
2. If this were to become the meta, then it would benefit Cuet to violate the meta (this isn't WIFOM, in case anybody is wondering).

Re the CDB wagon: I agree with ZONEACE's points, but wagoning a lurker was the right policy for the town at that point. Deli even promised a post after the wagon had formed, but never delivered. We needed a disincentive for lurking.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by tumescence »

Tazaro wrote:Here is an example of Cuet seeming town in my opinion. Scum do not say that posts are null tells; they are willing to comment at least a little negatively on things that other people have pointed out as potentially suspicious in their eyes.
Sorry if I have been unclear until now, but I want to know not about Cuet's
recent
towntells, but about the
earlier
towntells that led you to believe that Cuet is so townie that he would get immunity.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Tazaro »

This post showed that Cuet wasn't trying to do subpar logic that scum may use to attack someone:
Cuetlachtli wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:*roll eyes*I hate to argue with you if it's emotional or not because obviously you will just argue on and on. But to me, the repition and wordings do look like an emotional outburst.( as it looks for anybody else besides you)
And as for your scum reads. Did you even notice I'm not accusing you of it?! I even said the fact that you have no town read implies that you are town. You are freaking over your head being paranoid if you are town and are digging your own grave if you are scum.
More logical fallacies and back pedaling.

There is a reason that no one can prove that the post in question was an emotional outburst. The reason is because it wasn't. Let me map it out logically for you:

Cuet has position X.
Ecto presents position Y (a distorted version of position X).
Ecto attacks position Y.
Therefore, position X is flawed/false/incorrect/scummy.

Cuet asks for prove of position Y.
Nopoint/Ecto isn't able to prove position Y, therefore position Y is false/flawed/incorrect.

Since you can't prove that the post in question was an emotional outburst (because it wasn't), you are now appealing to popularity with:
nopoint wrote:( as it looks for anybody else besides you)
Most people approve of position Y (have favorable emotions towards Y).
Therefore, Y is true.

The fact remains, position Y never occurred because there is no proof.

In respect to your ambiguous read on me, you are backpedaling hardcore. Allow me to show you the progression of the backpedaling:

Nopoint ISO 1
Nopoint wrote:His #175
is basically calling everyone scum
which I do not think a scum would really do
However
, it could be a gambit and
Cuet stays 2nd on my suspect list.
Nopoint accuses Cuet of premise A (underlined), but premise B says that scum sometimes won't do premise A (Italicized).
However, Nopoint gives position Y (bold) that Cuet is scum because of premise A could be a gambit [premise C].

Cuet ISO 26
Cuet wrote:In response to your description of #175, notably where you say "
basically calling everyone scum." Actually, I only called 5 out of the 12 players scum, explicitly. Half, as you know, is significantly less than all.
Cuet states premise A is wrong because it didn't occur in post #175.
Since premise A didn't occur, it is inferred that premise C is invalidated.
Therefore, position Y is false.

Nopoint ISO 6
Nopoint wrote:+And #175, what I meant was that you don't seem to see anyone as a townread.
Nopoint adds premise D, a distorted version of premise A, to position Y.
Presumably, Nopoint still thinks Cuet is scum.

Cuet ISO 31
Cuet wrote:There is a big difference from what I actually did in post #175 (or Cuet ISO 14) and what you accused me of doing. In other words...

1. You accused me of this:
Calling every player scum.

2. On the other hand, this is what I actually did:
Call five players scum, and give null reads on the rest.

Now you are saying that post #175 was fishy because I didn't give any town reads?! Since when should a town player be required to give town reads? At the time of that post, half the players in the game had posted little to no content. I think my null reads were justified because of that.
Cuet refutes premise D.

Nopoint ISO 8
Nopoint wrote:And as for your scum reads.
Did you even notice I'm not accusing you of it?!
I even said the fact that you have no town read implies that you are town
Nopoint gives position Z in bold (a distorted version of position Y).
Position Z includes premise B (italics), but lacks premises A, C, and D.
Position Z states that Nopoint never used Cuet's reads as evidence that Cuet is scum, which is contradictory to position Y.
Position Z makes Nopoint's stance on Cuet ambiguous.

unvote, vote: Nopoint

Charges:

1. Attempting to push lynch of Cuet using the straw man and appeal to popularity fallicies.

2. Backpedaling when pressured by Cuet.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

nopointinactingup wrote:
Cuetlachtli wrote: Nopoint quit being a diva. You case on the Iron Man / Tazaro slot is vague and you need to clarify it. Regardless of whether you like me or not, clarification would be the PRO-TOWN thing to do.
Perhaps you haven't played with me before but know that though my cases are known to be very concise and generalized, it has been catching scum on a very effective streak.
That's why I so dislike your fluff and equivocation on trivial matters
. Though you have more details to work on, you are way more prone to confirmation bias.
Now if you want some clarification from my post, ask where you are confused at,
don't expect me to lay it out for you. For now my case against Tazaro is solely:
1> Ironman's post gives me a feeling that he's being measured and unnatural on what to post and very often taking the middle road, not a strong one-side perspective.
2> Tazaro has been posting fluffs and has done nothing to change my mind about that slot.
1. Wait a min., now you are accusing me of posting fluff and being equivocal? You are welcome to provide evidence supporting your argument, but I know you are going to fail since I have been unequivocal for the entire game.

2. I did ask you for clarification on a specific part of your case on the Iron Man / Tazaro slot, you just suck at reading. Evidence:
Cuetlachtli wrote:In Nopoint ISO 1, Nopoint said this about Iron Man:
nopointinactingup wrote:
Ironman
: This guy has a measured playstyle that is typical of scum. And he's been lurking recently. Ironman is likely scum.
Unvote.Vote:Ironman

If he was scum, he's unlikely partner with Mothrax.
As you all know, Tazaro replaced Iron Man, so it would fit logically that town-Nopoint would be suspicious of that slot.
:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
What I want from you, Nopoint, is to elaborate on why you think Iron Man is scum.
:left: :left: :left: :left: :left:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”