Mini 1011: Help! My Computer Got Infected! (Game over!)

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:15 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

The thing is, SC is a bastard, but I don't think he's a jackass. I would prefer to eliminate the hidden miller possibility from the pool of situations leading to a guilty result on me. Because if I WERE a miller and didn't know it, I'm afraid I would have to add SC to the list of mods I refuse to play under.

Therefore, having been in an SC game where IIRC none of the cops were sane, and the fact that a sane cop in a 12 player mini is overpowered, I must therefore assume that Twomz is insane or paranoid.

Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Of course, that's kinda expected from the crop of intelligence we've gotten in this group.

I hope you enjoy your victory when I die screl. You managed to successfully lead a pack of morons into believe a non sane cop. Good job fooling dumbasses!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:01 am

Post by diginova »

How is a sane cop overpowered in a 9/3 without a doc? (Assuming there isn't a completely idiotic doc that didn't protect the cop)
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:04 am

I consider a cop overpowered PERIOD. But that's a theory discussion. At least in a large there's generally enough people so that a cop doesn't break the game by D3. Yes, I know that it requires a lot of things to go well, but the possibility is far from non zero of a cop creating a town voting bloc and leading to collusive lockdown. On his own.

Granted, not a lot of people share my cop theory, but in this case I have the evidence of my role PM saying I'm a Bulletproof Townie as opposed to Twomz result of mafia. So, I have to assume he's non sane, or that SC is a mod I will never play under again. Does that elucidate my stance?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:18 am

Post by screl1 »

UncertainKitten wrote: Therefore, having been in an SC game where IIRC none of the cops were sane
How many cops were there in that game? As far as I know there is only one cop in this game
screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:20 am

Post by screl1 »

diginova wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote: Also, if UK flips scum, FakeGod is town. The opposite is probably true, but it will be too late then :(
What makes you say this?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:23 am

It was also about twice the size of this game. I think there were three cops. But there were also two mafia groups, etc. And one cop was for a mafia group that didn't exist.

Basically, trust nothing except your scumhunting is the best creed in a bastard game. That's why I'm so pissed at the core of your cases being "Well TWOMZ GOT A GUILTY!"

It'd be one thing if you all implicated me through scumhunting, and used Twomz' result as something to get you looking closer at me, but most of you aren't. Diginova has come closest, and I'll admit, I'm in a rough spot. But a lot of you are derping on the wagon purely because of Twomz, and that's just plain STUPID.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:23 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

UncertainKitten (3): PieMan, diginova, screl1
screl1 (2): Nobody Special, UncertainKitten
Not voting (2): Me=Weird, FakeGod

With
players alive, it takes
players to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:24 am

Post by diginova »

screl1 wrote:
diginova wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote: Also, if UK flips scum, FakeGod is town. The opposite is probably true, but it will be too late then :(
What makes you say this?
Odd quotes, but that's another thing.

It's just the discourse between them that makes me believe they are on different teams. It's a little too complicated to be a bus, but you never know. Actually, now, it seems like it's screl that's on a different team, far more so than FakeGod, as UK keeps attacking him. 600 is the most telling:
UncertainKitten wrote:I hope you enjoy your victory when I die screl. You managed to successfully lead a pack of morons into believe a non sane cop. Good job fooling dumbasses!
Assuming UK flips mafia, there's no way at all she'd out a scumbuddy like that. Even when we lynch obvscum UK today, it doesn't change the fact that it will still be LyLo, and there's no reason for mafia to want us to get two scum lynches in a row.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:26 am

Post by diginova »

I do want screl to claim though, as one of either UK or screl are scum, and we can use the claims to determine which one is more likely. As my vote shows, I'm strongly leaning towards UK, but I want all the information out here.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:37 am

Post by diginova »

Sorry for the triple post, but UK, you seem to be acting very rashly, and that's part of the case against you. Maybe if you put up a case against screl and stopped randomly attacking everyone, maybe we'd be more inclined to believe you.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:11 am

Meh, I probably should get around to that ISO. screl's reeked of scum a fair bit anyway. Today I has DnD though and then eating out for dinner tonight. If I have time today I'll try to give you a succinct and undefeatable case on screl, but it might be more likely done tomorrow.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
PieMan
PieMan
Goon
PieMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:12 am

Post by PieMan »

@UK Y di U nevr find him skummie til knot 2 long ago? I tink it wuz dai 3 U finally sed nething saing he wuz skummie.
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware"
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny"
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:13 am

I kinda was iffy about him yesterday but not sure how to phrase it without it seeming like OMGUS. Today I have no choice :P.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
PieMan
PieMan
Goon
PieMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:31 am

Post by PieMan »

@UK OMGUS happenz all teh tiem and sadlie I dont tink it 2 B a gude tell 4 who iz skum, az muxh az otherz, but tahtz just mai thought.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:32 am

You're probably right, but it makes it harder to convince others. Regardless, I should have tried and that was a failing on my part.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
PieMan
PieMan
Goon
PieMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:33 am

Post by PieMan »

@UK Kan U link taht gaem U weer in wif teh insain kopz.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:43 am

I have already once. It's SWN II. I reference it and link it early on in the game. You can find it reading me in ISO.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Got back and saw UK at L-1.

She's been there for awhile. (and around a page of posts)

This means that she is either 0) mafia and her scum buddies are unwilling to hammer her, or if UK is town and this period of time signifies:

1) scum are reluctant to hammer her for some reason

2) all three scum are on the wagon

I doubt #2 because I haven't seen much of buddying action going on between the current UK voters in the previous days. If #1, then I assume there's SK and 2 scum left, 2 scum factions with 2 scum each, or something like that where there's less than 3 scum in one faction remaining, and town isn't in LyLo.

But I'm probably just paranoid and #0 is true.
Vote: UncertainKitten

Sidenote: I also was highly alarmed by this:
diginova wrote: Also, if UK flips scum, FakeGod is town. The opposite is probably true, but it will be too late then :(
It would be good and all if UK indeed flip scum, but to me, it sounds like he's somehow knows that UK will flip town and is trying to label me as scum. Very suspicious from my point of view.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

screl1 (2): Nobody Special, UncertainKitten

UncertainKitten (4): PieMan, diginova, screl1, FakeGod

Not voting (1): Me=Weird

With
players alive, it takes
players to lynch.

The Blu-ray drive on my computer didn't seem to work the way it should, so I opened the case and pulled it out. Apparently, I pulled the Yellow virus out with it, because my antivirus software isn't picking that up anymore. And that's a
very
resilient virus.

Will the light at the end of the tunnel get brighter?

UncertainKitten, who was the
Yellow virus, a Mafia one-shot bulletproof goon
, has been lynched on Day 3.

Night 3 ends in 72 hours.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

It was payday weekend. I was spending my time playing a first-person shooter with viruses as the enemies. I grabbed the joystick, ran into this hall, and fired the laser gun I had—to take out my CPU. The two viruses left—Panther and Theta—started gaining on me.

Suddenly, I saw sparks. Not on the screen, actually coming from stuff on the desk. Before I knew it, neither my joystick nor my keyboard worked. The viruses would consume my in-game character—and the rest of my computer. We know where the rest of my money's going...

I decided to switch on the TV and watch the news. A hacker—namely, PieMan—was arrested here in Chaparral for breaking into computers and infecting them with viruses. The news story claimed that Panther, Theta, and Yellow were his creation, but I knew him well enough to know that the arrest to be, at least in part, wrongful. He wasn't into viruses all that much, preferring spamming and breaching security systems.

It would be a depressing day for me. I had spent at least $1,000 across several paychecks to build this thing and everything was rendered inoperable in four days. Not my poor machine...

FakeGod, who was a
central processing unit, a vanilla townie
, has been laser gunned on Night 3.
screl1, who was a
joystick, an odd-night vigilante
, has short-circuited on Night 3.
Me=Weird, who was a
keyboard, a vanilla townie
, has short-circuited in the endgame.
PieMan, who was a
hacker, a post-restricted miller
, has been arrested in the endgame.
diginova, who was the
Panther virus, a Mafia tailor
, has survived the endgame.
Nobody Special, who was the
Theta virus, a Mafia roleblocker
, has survived the endgame.

CONGRATULATIONS DIGINOVA, NOBODY SPECIAL, AND UNCERTAINKITTEN; YOU, THE MAFIA, HAVE WON!

ORIGINAL ROLE PM'S
Ademisk, you are a
printer, a cop
. You make the perfect medium for making wanted posters, and through you the IT department will know who is sending my computer viruses.

Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you would like to investigate. I will tell you whether that player investigates as innocent or guilty to you. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first. If you decide not to investigate a certain night, it'd be nice if I know. You are not allowed to investigate yourself.

You win when all threats to my computer have been eliminated from the game.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The thread is here and you are playing a day start.
bv310, you are a
DRAM module, a vanilla townie
. (DRAM stands for
D
ynamic
R
andom
A
cces
M
emory.) You are the main memory unit in my computer, keeping bits (literally) of information about various things on my computer. But can you get information about the viruses that have come up on this machine?

You have no gun, no badge, no first-aid kit, no magic thingamajiggers, absolutely nothing special except for three things—computer literacy, your brain, and voting abilities. But those three things are all you need to get rid of the viruses on my computer!

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The thread is here and you are playing a day start.
FakeGod, you are a
central processing unit, a vanilla townie
. Aptly so, you process commands generated from the computer. And I command you to find and eliminate the viruses on my computer!

You have no gun, no badge, no first-aid kit, no magic thingamajiggers, absolutely nothing special except for three things—computer literacy, your brain, and voting abilities. But those three things are all you need to get rid of the viruses on my computer!

gandalf5166, you are the
Panther virus, a Mafia tailor
(there isn't a tailor article in the Wiki yet; so the word "tailor" links to the role of which this is a variant). You, along with your partners in crime the Theta virus (Nobody Special, who is a roleblocker) and the Yellow virus (UncertainKitten, who is a one-shot bulletproof goon, have infested my computer and plotted to corrupt it and make me go buy a new one.

Each night, I need you to decide on a player whom you want to kill, if any, and which of you will PM me the hit. In addition, I need you specifically to tell me whom, if any, you would like to tailor and Nobody Special specifically to tell me whom, if any, he would like to roleblock. The former's target will investigate as the opposite of what he or she normally does to a sane cop that same night, and any attempt by the latter target to use a night action will fail. The first attempt to nightkill UncertainKitten, regardless of who makes it or whom Nobody Special roleblocks, will also fail. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first. You are not allowed to nightkill yourself or your partners or tailor yourself (you
ARE
, however, allowed to tailor your partners), nor is Nobody Special allowed to roleblock himself.

I have made a QuickTopic thread where you may discuss your night actions here. You may speak with each other in this thread from now until Day 1 starts to discuss strategy. You may not talk to each other outside of the thread during the day.

Nobody in this game is a scanner.

You win when all remaining players on my computer are the Mafia or nothing can prevent the same.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The thread is here and you're in a day start.
jelly jiggler, you are a
mouse, a vanilla t
—wait, wait, wait!
DON'T OPEN THAT!
*click* ...Damn you, you let the viruses on my computer. Now you have to find them and click them off.

Me=Weird, you are a
keyboard, a vanilla townie
. With 101 or more keys and a bunch of ways to use them, you are certainly capable of writing down who you think infected my computer. But can you get people to read them?

Nobody Special, you are the
Theta virus, a Mafia roleblocker
. You, along with your partners in crime the Panther virus (gandalf5166, who is a tailor—there isn't a tailor article in the Wiki yet; so the link is to the role of which this is a variant) and the Yellow virus (UncertainKitten, who is a one-shot bulletproof goon, have infested my computer and plotted to corrupt it and make me go buy a new one.

Each night, I need you to decide on a player whom you want to kill, if any, and which of you will PM me the hit. In addition, I need gandalf5166 specifically to tell me whom, if any, he would like to tailor and you specifically to tell me whom, if any, you would like to roleblock. The former's target will investigate as the opposite of what he or she normally does to a sane cop that same night, and any attempt by the latter target to use a night action will fail. The first attempt to nightkill UncertainKitten, regardless of who makes it or whom you roleblock, will also fail. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first. You are not allowed to nightkill yourself or your partners or roleblock yourself, nor is gandalf5166 allowed to tailor himself (he
IS
, however, allowed to tailor you or UncertainKitten).

I have made a QuickTopic thread where you may discuss your night actions here. You may speak with each other in this thread from now until Day 1 starts to discuss strategy. You may not talk to each other outside of the thread during the day.

Nobody in this game is a video card.

You win when all remaining players on my computer are the Mafia or nothing can prevent the same.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The thread is here and you're in a day start.
PieMan, you are a . You're a bad boy, hacking into computers and installing malware on them. ...OK, sending viruses is not your modus operandi. But still, bad boy.

As punishment for your evil deeds, you must post in leetspeak and you investigate as guilty to a sane cop. Other than that, you have no gun, no badge, no first-aid kit, no magic thingamajiggers, absolutely nothing special except for three things—computer literacy, your brain, and voting abilities. But those three things are all you need to get rid of the viruses on my computer!

screl1, you are a
joystick, an odd-night vigilante
. The trigger button on you is great for first-person shooters that use guns. It's like shooting the real thing! Not even the best FPS can stand up to the viruses that have infected my computer, though :( Perhaps you can figure out how to shoot them too?

On odd-numbered nights, you may PM me one player whom you want to kill. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first. If you decide not to kill a certain night, it'd be nice if I know. You are not allowed to nightkill yourself. (You're too busy gaming with your friends to shoot on even-numbered nights.

UncertainKitten, you are the . You, along with your partners in crime the Panther virus (gandalf5166, who is a tailor—there isn't a tailor article in the Wiki yet; so the link is to the role of which this is a variant) and the Theta virus (Nobody Special, who is a roleblocker), have infested my computer and plotted to corrupt it and make me go buy a new one.

Each night, I need you to decide on a player whom you want to kill, if any, and which of you will PM me the hit. In addition, I need gandalf5166 specifically to tell me whom, if any, he would like to tailor and Nobody Special specifically to tell me whom, if any, he would like to roleblock. gandalf5166's target will investigate as the opposite of what he or she normally does to a sane cop that same night, and any attempt by Nobody Special's target to use a night action will fail. The first attempt to nightkill you, regardless of who makes it or whom Nobody Special roleblocks, will also fail. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first. You are not allowed to nightkill yourself or your partners, nor is gandalf5166 allowed to tailor himself (he
IS
, however, allowed to tailor you or Nobody Special), nor is Nobody Special allowed to roleblock himself.

Nobody in this game is a BD-ROM drive. (BD-ROM stands for
B
lu-ray
D
isc
R
ead-
O
nly
M
emory.)

vezokpiraka, you are a
USB drive, a jack of all trades
. (USB stands for
U
niversal
S
erial
B
us.) The 21st-century equivalent to a floppy disk, you are a versatile little thing capable of almost anything. But does "almost anything" cover busting viruses? We'll have to see what you are capable of...

On you are four executable programs: azure.exe, night.exe, regency.exe, and wisteria.exe. Each night, you may select which program to run and on whom. One of them investigates the target, one of them protects the target, one of them gives the target a temporary post restriction and one of them does nothing. Unfortunately, you don't know which program does what, and unless the execution gets roleblocked, the programs can only be run once before getting corrupted. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first. If you decide not to run a program a certain night, it'd be nice if I know. You are not allowed to run a program on yourself.

(MOD NOTE: As determined by random.org, azure.exe post-restricts the target into being allowed only to vote and unvote in thread the next day, night.exe does nothing, regency.exe performs a voyeur peek on the target, and wisteria.exe protects the target.)
xvart, you are an
audio card, a vanilla townie
. Your thoughts on who gave me viruses can be made loud and clear. But can you get people to listen?

Dead Thread

NIGHT 1 ACTIONS

diginova tailors jelly jiggler.
diginova kills xvart.
screl1 kills vezokpiraka.
Twomz investigates UncertainKitten as guilty.
vezokpiraka runs regency.exe on UncerainKitten, thus seeing somebody investigate her.

NIGHT 2 ACTIONS

diginova tailors UncertainKitten.
diginova kills Twomz.
Twomz investigates screl1 as innocent.

NIGHT 3 ACTIONS

Nobody Special roleblocks Me=Weird.
diginova tailors Nobody Special.
screl1 kills FakeGod.
diginova kills screl1.

MOD NOTES
  • The Mafia quicktopic title "4D 61 66 69 61 20 51 54" is how you write "Mafia QT" in hexadecimal. I picked it because it's a neat 256 bits in length.
  • The USB drive's program's actions were originally not given in the role PM and fixed as azure.exe protecting, night.exe doing nothing, regency.exe post-restricting and wisteria.exe doing the voyeur peek. Charlie suggested I tell what the programs might do, and after animorpherv1 reviewed the resulting change and commented that night.exe might be too obvious of a name for the dud program, I decided to randomize the actions.
  • Expect to get complaints about vigging in LYLO, screl1. Hitting a town-aligned player gave the Mafia the win.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by FakeGod »

NO SCREL NOooo

I'm INNOOOOOooooo

Calling all touhou fans!
screl1
screl1
Goon
screl1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by screl1 »

FakeGod wrote:NO SCREL NOooo

I'm INNOOOOOooooo
hell - I flipped a coin between you and dig - figured you two were the scum team
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by FakeGod »

*cries*

Calling all touhou fans!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Twomz »

Yay, it's over! GJ Scum.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
PieMan
PieMan
Goon
PieMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by PieMan »

Dam tehy ghot me.