Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:00 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
DGB wrote:SCUMPUTER: SCUM DETECTED
Can you explain a bit more?
Sure could, sweet stuff.

It's the whining about hating to be scum. Sotty is describing her reactions when she picked up her role PM. That's why they are so vivid. They are recent, and very real.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Geez, chill, it's not an excuse, it's a... explanation of why I lurk sometimes. : P Oh, and can I get, it it isn't too much of a hassle, an explanation of your vote on me? Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with sugar on top?
No. Your explanation pretty much said. "So. I always get mislynched as town for lurking because I lurk as town (hence you should not lynch me for lurking). Oh but waiiiiit I lurk as scum too. So you should just not lurk me in any way because I might be town and I always get mislynched as town." That was the impression I got from your post.

In any case your post was like a classic way for scum to set themselves up and use their playstyle as an excuse. I just don't buy it. Self-proclaimed lurkers are never a good sign.

Also Snow, can you explain precisely what your case against camn is?
1) Well, if you want to get that from what I wrote, be free to do so. I just answered honestly to the question asked. I am not justifying, I'm just saying that I tend to lurk when I get bored, regardless of alignment.

2) Really? The vote was just a few pages ago and now I have to out it back again? Here, learn to read:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Reading P3, I don't like camn's posts. Lynching someone for their playstyle? Sorry, that's a big no, even if their playstyle is scummy.
And, it's not a case. Building a case so early on D1 it's demanding too much.
camn wrote:Ok, Chaouch.. I'll chill.

SO, snowbuddy... , you support policy VOTING.. just not policy LYNCHING ?
*sigh* I don't know where you want to go from here. Policy voting? What's even that? If you mean voting always in reaction to a certain action, well, then yes. In fact, isn't most votes based on that? If someone lurks, vote. If someone lies, vote. If someone gets a guilty result, votes. So, what's wrong with having a vote against policy lynchers? I certainly don't like how you are trying to twist that into something bad, when policy voting, as you called, it's quite common. And please, don't call me buddy. ^_-
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:33 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

cepi is unimpressive. And trying desperately to seem that way.

@Sucrose: First paragraph. Lol no. What's interesting is I said I'd elaborate if asked. Instead of asking you make up some line of bullshit about wishy washy suspicions.

Why?

To the second: Nah, I haven't had a good bout of defending myself as town for awhile here.

And, finally, you just picked three names out of a hat that seemed to have some discussion around them. I'd appreciate it if you actually would admit it when you're making things up.

@chauchau: Wellp, the tone is town in the post I said had town intent. So, I really don't see your point besides splitting hairs. Anyway, if Snow_Bunny actually lurks, that can be dealt with. If she doesn't, then there's no need to try to castigate her for what she
might
do. Are you some sort of thought police?

As for reads, it's a reaction chain. Without starting from a pebble, I can't build the prison I trap scum in.

@camn: Yes, I used to be fl. I don't recall ever playing with you. If I had, it's in the far hazes of memory.
Anyway, interesting affirmation. It's null because I generally say the exact same thing when a wagon starts building on me. Well, I use different words but I won't be a D1 lynch.

Either way, I won't mislynch you, for certain. But if you are scum, I'll extend the same courtesy to you and guarantee your hanging ^-^.

Ah

@camn: Now, now, resorting to such a silly tactic already? That
is
something I often see used as scum. The cute little I have yet to see a case on me.

...when there exists one. I'll even relink it in my next post because I am a kind person. How interesting you cavalierly ignore and have spent a LOT of effort discrediting me in the process with some tough words.

My vote shall be maintained and I'm honestly very wary of whatever person in some strange way deduced camn was town.

DGB is DGB as usual, I find no fault in her posts. (Unfortunately, I rarely do regardless of her alignment)

@camn: This is so ridiculously scummy it's not even funny.
As much as I'd love to get reactions and deductions from it before I play my card, I'll state this case as well. It's a trick question that has no bearing on scumhunting, but DOES allow camn to set up a hypocrisy accusation later when it's not scummy hypocrisy. However, that word tends to get people listening for some odd reason.

@camn: Well, at least we mostly agree on Paws. She needs to post. The only indication of noob town is the fact her experience appears to be swift speed games, hence why I have my eye on her. My offer to elaborate why I'm "avoiding the wagon" stands.

@camn: [[citation needed]]

I enjoy DGB's posting greatly and would consider reviewing Sotty at some point after I've caught up with the internet

K, so, I have tons of problems with camn, but the problem is they read as a defense of Snow_Bunny, who while I have not found fault with her, also have not much of a read on. But I really can't ignore how interestingly camn is setting things up.

So, are you going to add that to the play book so you can discredit another tell? Or do you plan to actually answer things?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:34 am

-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

Sucrose wrote: I've got a hunch.
Unvote, Vote: Uncertain Kitten.
Lots of spread out suspicions, and she looks like she could be the sort of calculated, experienced scum who knows not to do anything to draw extraneous suspicion. I'm certain there's scum lurking somewhere in Uncertain Kitten, Snow Bunny, and Hoopla.
That's not a hunch - that's crap. I almost skimmed over it, until I saw the follow-up reasoning for this hunch;

Sucrose wrote:I guessed there's likely scum between you, Snow Bunny, and Hoopla because you're three of the more articulate posters who don't strike me immediately as town-ish
That doesn't even make sense, and looks like you're just listing names for the sake of listing names, noticing a common trait between the three players and assuming one must be scum. You have no reasoning to back-up
why
this particular trait is likelier to evil, just as I don't have reasoning justifying why someone starting with 'S' is scum. Though, I debate how much UK, Snow and I have in common in the first place.

Unvote, vote: Sucrose

UK, what do you think about joining me on this one?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:36 am

Still debating. Sucrose feels stupid more than scum at this juncture. Her response to my castigation of her methods will clarify the situation immensely for me and allow me to give you a more solid answer.

Admittedly I really want to cling to camn because her tactics annoy the hell out of me, and are also more beneficial to scum camn than town camn.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Hoopla »

cepi wrote: Hoopla. Null, slight town for stances. What analysis can you make of the answer to your question in page 1?
What question is that, cepi? I asked Haylen a few, and posed a general one asking about people's playstyles (though, technically it wasn't a question - more of an invitation). If you mean that one, it was a precedent to establish a foundation for meta of player's I don't know yet, to make it easier when I check later when necessary. Self-analysis is usually the most illuminating, because it gives you their perception of themself, which can be matched to what you find on your own outside this.

I questioned Haylen on this when I noticed a discrepency in her claimed win-rate, and she was quick to break down to AtE defenses and claims of being a sucky player. I was also dazzled by esurio and Snow's answers, also quickly reverting to their poor performances as town and not to expect much. In all of those cases, esurio feels the most genuine in her response, as she is keen to elaborate about her history and though she states she has been a weak player, shows intent to improve and not let herself be held to a low standard. Unlike Snow and Haylen who seem to expect this out if they happen to play in an anti-town manner.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

random discombobulated thoughts upon re-reading the thread, hooray! expect bad sentence structure/fragments/grammar because I am tired and taking a nap after this.
Her 69 actually bugs me seeing how she's accusing someone for over justifying yet is voting Apok for the use of one word.
I fail to see how this is the "hypocrisy" you claim it is. over justifying =! having a moderately reliable tell and using it, kthx.

I was just going to kind of ignore this because I didn't even think it was worth responding to, but in the light of camn vs chau seeming like a scum vs town fight to me (gut, lawl) chau was worth taking another look at for me.

if paws flips scum, take a look at sotty. The coaching in 110 made my gut twinge more than anyone else's suggestions/etc to paws.

cepi is town guise. agree with sentiment on chau. Chau has a disturbing knack for making things out to be a bigger deal than they are, I think, and I see scum intent with that. Push a boundary here, agitate a person there, until something sticks and then VOILA! a mislynch. That's the vibe I get, anyway.

unvote; vote: Chau

camn is probtown, upon reread.

DGB is intimidating (in a good way), but I thought that
before
joining this game, so meh.

Paws has ample experience on other sites to not pull the ZOMG IT'S DAY ONE I'M GOING TO NOT DO JACK CRAP bull.
Paws' sig wrote:GDS Mafia- 3:6 (33%) Town- 3:4 Scum- 0:2 Indy/Survivor- 0:0
Crazy Off-Shoot- 1:1 (50%) Town- 0:0 Scum- 1:1 Indy/Survivor- 0:0
Mafia Central- 1:0 (100%) Town- 1:0 Scum- 0:0 Indy/Survivor- 0:0
12 completed games. Unless the sites Paws comes from totally failsuck at mafia (not impossible, sure, but out of what looks like three different sites, I'd hope ONE of them would be semi-decent) Paws should know to not active lurk (another tell of mine, huzzah!). I didn't even notice this until re-reading the thread, but it makes the "zomg, but it's obviously a newb-town" a lot less likely imo.

current guess for scumteam if I HAD to shoot three people right this moment is chau/paws/sotty, overwhelmingly due to gut. Apo is the nonexistent fourth scum. HUZZAH.

ok slptiem
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 am

UncertainKitten wrote:As for reads, it's a reaction chain. Without starting from a pebble, I can't build the prison I trap scum in.
^^^ TOWN
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Hoopla »

DGB, why aren't you voting?
Paws
Paws
Townie
Paws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Paws »

Huh?

Anyway, I've really been a bit busy. Just finished a game and won as scum that clears things a bit but I am still busy expect me here tomorrow.
Show
Mafia Game Record

GDS Mafia- 4:6 (40%)
Town- 4:4
Scum- 0:2
Indy/Survivor- 0:0

Crazy Off-Shoot- 2:1 (66%)
Town- 0:0
Scum- 2:1

Mafia Central- 1:0 (100%)
Town- 1:0
Scum- 0:0

Mafia Scum- 0:0 (0%)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Hoopla »

Paws wrote:Huh?

Anyway, I've really been a bit busy. Just finished a game and won as scum that clears things a bit but I am still busy expect me here tomorrow.
Did you lurk your way to victory? Send us the link.
Paws
Paws
Townie
Paws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Paws »

Hoopla wrote:
Paws wrote:Huh?

Did you lurk your way to victory? Send us the link.

You won't be able to view it. The owner of the site has it locked.
Show
Mafia Game Record

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Haylen »

ISO says my newb town read on Paws is wrong ._. I swear she posted more content than that :/
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Paws
Paws
Townie
Paws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Paws »

I've posted very little here....
Show
Mafia Game Record

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:55 am

Hoopla wrote:DGB, why aren't you voting?
I dropped my pencil and I'm too lazy to bend.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Hoopla »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Can I vote for you then?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:39 am

Post by camn »

Wiggle room?!
"Wiggle room" is your case?

Hmph.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:41 am

Well, that combined with the silly asking DGB to validate your claims and the silliness of policy lynches. At that point, I will admit, you stood accused more of being silly than particularly scum, though the tone conveyed read scum to me ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:59 am

Hoopla wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Can I vote for you then?
Votes of confidence aren't counted, but they are appreciated.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:05 am

esuriospiritus wrote:if paws flips scum, take a look at sotty. The coaching in 110 made my gut twinge more than anyone else's suggestions/etc to paws.
I'm a complete sucker for this kind of reasoning.
esuriospiritus wrote:agree with sentiment on chau. Chau has a disturbing knack for making things out to be a bigger deal than they are, I think, and I see scum intent with that. Push a boundary here, agitate a person there, until something sticks and then VOILA! a mislynch.
So we've got 3 scums in Sotty, Paws and Chau.
esuriospiritus wrote:Paws has ample experience on other sites to not pull the ZOMG IT'S DAY ONE I'M GOING TO NOT DO JACK CRAP bull.
ORLY - Paws is even more nO0b
5KMu
/\/\ than I first thought.

In other news, esuriospiritus is town.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:20 am

Post by camn »

Kitten... You say it's silly...Yet you object to my demonstration with bunny as to why policy lynching is not only awesome, but also widespread?

Let's get back to that.

Bunny/buddy: I am not trying to twist you into anything. I am trying to point out to you that:
a) policy voting is fine.
b) policy LYNCHING is even better
c) policy vigging is the best.

That said... You seem to support a) yet attack me for supporting b).
If you are town, you will see the illogic there, and withdraw your vote.
If you are scum, then your vote for me is built on crap to begin with, so this discussion is meaningless.

Which is it?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

So I slept on it, and also I've been a good little girl and read up on some older games of camn's (and Hoopla's) to get some context. I noticed from Medieval Mafia that camn loves policy-whatevering people as town. I also saw a somewhat lesser degree of buddying. My case was not as strong as I had envisioned.
Unvote: camn

In a few hours, I'll make a rather longer post wherein I try to analyze camn and Hoopla deeper, as well as Haylen (who I'm finding rather hard to read at the moment).

(And yes, I'm aware that I am waffling quite a bit at the moment.)
Witness the man who raves at the wall
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Your demonstration was a scummy farce and you know it.

It's the most fucking ludricous pile of bullshit I have ever had the misfortune AND displeasure of having laid eyes upon.

And I've played with a lot of fucking morons who say a lot of ludricous things. I don't think you're a moron.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:16 pm

EBWOP: My last post was out of line. I don't know what it is but today each successive post I have made has just been more and more angry. Likely the buildup of stupid proposals I've seen in games. I still believe that your "demonstration" is a farce, but there was absolutely no need for the language I used.

As such, I apologize and will try to clean up my language.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”