Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Thief »

They're all lined up in a nice little row for us now David. Let's knock 'em down.
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Lowell »

My message to all town players-
Ignore magma. Because he's willing to "bet it all" on my scumminess doesn't mean anything. We saw brian take a dive yesterday, so it's just as likely magma's doing the same.

In other news, I'm in the process of moving, so my internet access will be light until I can get internet hooked up at my new place (hopefully next week). If you need to replace me, do so, but I'd prefer to continue and will try to at least check in as often as possible.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:58 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Lowell wrote:
Ignore magma. Because he's willing to "bet it all" on my scumminess doesn't mean anything. We saw brian take a dive yesterday, so it's just as likely magma's doing the same.

In other news, I'm in the process of moving, so my internet access will be light until I can get internet hooked up at my new place (hopefully next week). If you need to replace me, do so, but I'd prefer to continue and will try to at least check in as often as possible.
The lulz. Nice Appeal to Fear with that 'willing to bet it all' line. Classic scum panic move.

And attempting to link me to brianj's play shows what little ability you have to make a logical argument. Brianj lurked and hammered Town at first chance he got. I on the other hand have had my vote on you all day long. So as usual from you - FAIL ARGUMENT.

More votes on obvscum Lowell please.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:46 am

Post by DavidParker »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Lowell wrote:

The lulz. Nice Appeal to Fear with that 'willing to bet it all' line. Classic scum panic move.

And attempting to link me to brianj's play shows what little ability you have to make a logical argument. Brianj lurked and hammered Town at first chance he got. I on the other hand have had my vote on you all day long. So as usual from you - FAIL ARGUMENT.

More votes on obvscum Lowell please.
histhis
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

DP, why am I scum for putting you at L-2? That doesn't make any sense to me.

I am really lost right now.
Vote: Lowell
The way I see it, there's a 50% chance of Lowell being scum. Either he is scum or DavidParker is. The big reason why I support lynching Lowell instead is because I believe his lynch will give us more information, and I don't want him around tomorrow if we lynch somebody else who flips town (and Lowell survives the night). The main reason why I want a lynch that provides information is because, like I said, I'm lost at the moment. I also think he is as likely if not slightly more likely to be scum as DavidParker the alternative candidate.

Also, since I haven't really given my thoughts on the game yet, below is my current scumlist (in order from scummiest to most townish from top to bottom). I am still uncertain about a few things, because there are things that don't quite make sense at the moment (such as Lowell and Rena being partners), but here:

Scum:
Thief
- Has contributed hardly anything the whole game and what he has contributed has been useless.
Shadow Dancer
- From memory he has been active lurking. Day 1 he was very active and encouraged scumhunting, yet did none of it. There are also the points I brought up against him earlier.
Lowell
- A combination of logic and gut suggests that he is scum here.
Rena
- I didn't like destructor's play all that much, and I dislike Rena because of gut and the fact that she has only commented on Lowell.

Neutral:
DavidParker
- He is probably town if Lowell is scum, but is probably scum if Lowell is town. I suspect Lowell slightly more than DavidParker. I may be persuaded into switching Lowell's location with DavidParker's on the scumlist. I'm not liking how DP has contributed hardly anything but I don't know if he'd be contributing so little as scum. I also don't like the WIFOM he brought up earlier.
molestargazer
- I like how he got into arguments with players earlier in the game, but I don't like how he didn't have any suspects for most of today.

Town:
Exilon
- His play also reminds me of Classic Mafia. He seems to strongly care about finding scum based on his posting day 1. Him getting into arguments with other players seems like a good sign.
MagnaofIllusion
- It looks like he is uninformed and trying to figure things out. While I don't agree with everything he's said, his play reminds me of Classic Mafia where he was town.
xRECKONERx
- He's scumhunting and I can tell that he is paying attention to the other players in the game.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by Rena »

Picking up prod, but there's not a whole lot to say.

Lowell's at L-1 again... Somebody better pull through this time...
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:17 am

Post by DavidParker »

hurry up and hammer him.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Rena »

Deadline is tomorrow, guys...

We need this hammer...
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:35 am

Post by molestargazer »

Ugh. The fact there hasn't been a hammer when he's been at L-1 for (nearly) a whole day, and deadline's tomorrow, worries me. Either all the scum are already on the wagon, or Lowell's scum.
I'm inclined to go with Wicked and vote (therefore hammer), because in reality we have to make a lynch today.

But if he flips town, we're lynching DP tomorrow.

Thoughts?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

It makes sense that Lowell hasn't been lynched yet because he's scum, but it also makes sense for scum to keep him alive for as long as possible if they were certain that he was going to get lynched, so I'm not really sure. There's a lot of WIFOM involved.

Personally, I think most of the players on the Lowell bandwagon are pretty sure he's scum and therefore are unlikely to switch to DavidParker, so it is very likely that Lowell will be getting lynched anyway. Also, the five people that aren't on the Lowell bandwagon are Exilon, Lowell, Molestargazer, Shadow Dancer, and xRECKONERx.
Lowell isn't going to hammer himself. Exilon, Shadow Dancer, and xRECKONERx aren't around it seems. That leaves you Molestargazer to hammer unless three players on the Lowell bandwagon are flexible enough to switch over to the DavidParker bandwagon.
-Wickedestjr
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Exilon wrote:
No, you aren’t. Saying you support something without actually voting isn’t being on a wagon.

Saying you don’t want the Day to end so soon while doing ZERO scum-hunting for Lowell’s partners is scummy.
Really? If I vote him, then we'll be at a danger of a quicklynch-ends day, which is not what I want. So I 'AM' (did you ntoice the '' ? Guess not.) in his wagon. What is there to scumhunt? My main suspicion is not around, join that with my other suspects and I pretty much have the whole scum team nailed down already. Of course my attitude changed, people only need to scumhunt when they have to look for scum, and at this point, I've searched enough. (Also blame real life stuff for the slight lack of participation.).

And it is a bit of a demotivator to say something and then have someone (Rena, you) completely ignore it, and then ASK ABOUT IT. I know you've been both reading up, so why did you miss me specifically?
Magna wrote:Yeah, you are missing the Town mindset. You aren’t scum-hunting today, you aren’t voting for your ‘top candidate’, and you are whining about the day potentially ending while doing nothing constructive with the time.
I'm still not ready with my readthrough due to illness... But this post was just WTF... What you describe here what is going on in your brain is definitely the absolute opposite of a pro-town or scumhunting mindeset.
And your continuous insistence on me as your key suspect - mainly because you feel offended if I do not nurse around the clock - is just ridiculous... You have a righ to be offended. That is really all I have left to say to you about that matter. I do not want to give you any more stage to do your "twist it around" show. It is now
your
turn to untangle
your
contradictions.
You're answering that quote wrong.
I am waiting for Shadow Dancer to come. When he comes, and states his piece of mind, I'll decide if I should keep going at it or just declare that there isn't nothing else to be done for today. Why would be not voting for my top candidate scummy? That simply does not make sense. And I'm not whining, I only stated that fact once. But do keep blowing things out of proportion, it makes your argument look amazing.

What constructive?
SD is scum.
Lowell is scum.
DavidParker is scum.
BrianJ was scum.

We need three scum caught to win out of five. They're all there. Wanna prove me wrong? Go ahead. What scumhunting is left to be done?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

EBWODP:
Exilon wrote:
No, you aren’t. Saying you support something without actually voting isn’t being on a wagon.

Saying you don’t want the Day to end so soon while doing ZERO scum-hunting for Lowell’s partners is scummy.
Really? If I vote him, then we'll be at a danger of a quicklynch-ends day, which is not what I want. So I 'AM' (did you ntoice the '' ? Guess not.) in his wagon. What is there to scumhunt? My main suspicion is not around, join that with my other suspects and I pretty much have the whole scum team nailed down already. Of course my attitude changed, people only need to scumhunt when they have to look for scum, and at this point, I've searched enough. (Also blame real life stuff for the slight lack of participation.).

And it is a bit of a demotivator to say something and then have someone (Rena, you) completely ignore it, and then ASK ABOUT IT. I know you've been both reading up, so why did you miss me specifically?
Magna wrote:Yeah, you are missing the Town mindset. You aren’t scum-hunting today, you aren’t voting for your ‘top candidate’, and you are whining about the day potentially ending while doing nothing constructive with the time.
What constructive?
SD is scum.
Lowell is scum.
DavidParker is scum.
BrianJ was scum.

We need three scum caught to win out of five. They're all there. Wanna prove me wrong? Go ahead. What scumhunting is left to be done?
I'm still not ready with my readthrough due to illness... But this post was just WTF... What you describe here what is going on in your brain is definitely the absolute opposite of a pro-town or scumhunting mindeset.
And your continuous insistence on me as your key suspect - mainly because you feel offended if I do not nurse around the clock - is just ridiculous... You have a righ to be offended. That is really all I have left to say to you about that matter. I do not want to give you any more stage to do your "twist it around" show. It is now
your
turn to untangle
your
contradictions.
You're answering that quote wrong.
I am waiting for Shadow Dancer to come. When he comes, and states his piece of mind, I'll decide if I should keep going at it or just declare that there isn't nothing else to be done for today. Why would be not voting for my top candidate scummy? That simply does not make sense. And I'm not whining, I only stated that fact once. But do keep blowing things out of proportion, it makes your argument look amazing.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

We can sort out Exilon tomorrow Shadow.

Just vote Lowell so we can put one in the Town column.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

You bet I'll do that...
My reads right now:
scum: lowell, ex, mole
town: wicked, magna, Rena

unvote. vote: lowell

Sleep in hell, scum!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Yep, that was the hammer, every one stop posting immediately.
@Mod: Whereever and whoever you are, get your arse in here1
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Max »

Hammer Time

Lowell - 6 (Rena, Thief, MagnaofIllusion, DavidParker, Wickedestjr, Shadow Dancer)
DavidParker - 3 (Lowell, xRECKONERx, Molestargazer)
Shadow Dancer - 1 (Exilon)

10 Alive, 6 To Lynch

Lowell - Mafia - Lynched Day 2

Night Ends on Thursday Evening
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Max »

Animorpherv1 replaces Exilon

Night ends tomorrow evening. (Day will receive a two day extension for animorpherv1's replacing in.)
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Max »

After a pleasing nights rest you wake to find a very James Bond-esque death trap with a person tied to a bed.

You all run to try and save them knowing that you could not you tried to get them to reveal who did this to them.

The Murderers are...
. Before
MagnaofIllusion
could utter the names of the villains there was a crunch. And an anvil fell from great heights. With the words written on the side of the anvil:

MagnaofIllusion - Townie - Slaughtered Night 2
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

My two main suspects at the moment are Thief and Shadow Dancer. I'm actually now more certain that Shadow Dancer is scum.
Vote: Shadow Dancer
-Wickedestjr
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:12 am

Post by DavidParker »

You beat me to the punch. I was awaiting thread to open to vote SD as well.

Vote: Shadow Dancer
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Rena »

My town reads so far are David, Thief, and Wicked.

I'm pretty sure there's scum in Mole + Shadow Dancer.

I had an early town read on Reck, but I'm less sure about that now.

I'll get an opinion on Ani later.

Meanwhile, I'll start working on ISOs of my two sucm reads.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh, I didn't get replaced here. What the hell.

I guess I can play, but expect me to take a damn long time to catch up since I have a metrick fuck ton of games in which to catch up.
green shirt thursdays
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Wow, 3 votes, 1 suspicion and no rasoning at all. I hope you do not expect me to actually defend against this...
Well... I'll count DP out, he remains but a nuisance.

Well... Obvscum Lowell is successfully lynched, Ex quitted - remains Mole on my scumlist

vote mole
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Max »

Day 3 First Count

Shadow Dancer - 2 (Wickedestjr, DavidParker)
molestargazer - 1 (Shadow Dancer)

Not Voting - (xRECKONERx, Molestargazer, Rena, Thief, Exilon)

8 Alive, 5 To Lynch
Last edited by Max on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”