Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Haylen »

I said it's gut really.

They seem to be bouncing off each other a lot.

I've grown some balls and I've had enough of the lack of contributing Paws is or plans on not making.

Unvote. Vote Paws

I GREW SOME BALLS.

Still got my eye on camn.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:25 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

[quote="esurio, post 35]I have to work on getting more confident in my own reads [/quote]
Apokalyptika wrote:but the wishy-washy language nags at me.
I don't want to come across as any more sure of myself than I am. It's still early, and just because a person's done one or two things I find suspicious doesn't mean they are the MOST OBVSCUM OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME~
Apo wrote:Snow_Bunny:
Snow_Bunny wrote: -snip-
Come on girls, more camn love. This reaction to my vote is interesting.
Hmm...
interesting
? Given that this actually has no elaboration behind it, would you like to give some? Also, esurio, any comment?
Indeed. I missed this (and in searching for the post in question, I discovered UK's 103, in which "interesting" is used twice with not terribly much elaboration. HASDGAOERJGSKDLAJG. But that's like 5 pages back now and I'm lazy so quite frankly I cannot be bothered to pursue bothering UK over it. e_e)

...Upon finding the S_B post (177), it occurs to me that there
is
elaboration. The paragraph
above
the offending sentence:
Why are those two the only two options? Please, don't play dumb with me. A voting doesn't mean a lynch, and they are not on the same level. When a wagon builds, more info can be drawn upon, both on the wagoners and on the wagonee. With that extra info, a better, non-policy lynch can be reached. So, stop suggesting that a policy vote means a policy lynch. And, btw, just saying, it's only your opinion that policy lynching/vigging are great. I beg to differ.
Given context, I don't see the same use of "interesting" here as I attacked you for earlier. The use of "interesting" in conjunction with wishy-washy language in 55 set off my scumdar in a way that other uses of "interesting" hasn't (evidently). Context is everything. FWIW I think your 184 has largely redeemed you of that initial accusation -- goodposting is good.

@ UK 194: Here's that "interesting" popping up again. More recently, and no elaboration this time. Care to elaborate, UK?
How is the use if the word 'interesting' a reliable tell?
It's not, on it's own. On its own, it's just a red flag that makes me pay more attention to the rest of a person's post. "interesting" + wishy washy wording or no elaboration = non-committal, while trying to appear committal. Trying to appear committal without actually saying anything of value (does "interesting" equal scum-interesting or town-interesting or neutral-interesting? WE DON'T KNOW) = putting off actually putting opinions out there for a later time = scum intent. Thus "moderate".

When have I made a big deal out of something? Plus, you do realize what game we are playing right? This game is all about gauging reactions. You attack people and analyze their reactions.
The
manner
in which you attack people comes across as blowing things out of proportion and generally being opportunistic. I can't be arsed to go back and look over your iso right now though.
Why is Apo the 4th scum if you had a "moderately reliable tell"?
Because I earlier paired paws with sotty, wasn't letting up on you, and there are only three scum. at the time, was more sure about you than about apo. I've now let up on apo a little. You, I need to reread, which I am entirely too lazy to do right now.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Some people pay too much attention to words and tend to forget that not all of us are native english speakers (and thus why the use of certain expressions). I use interesting as "worthy of looking", "good start point", "gonna check this out later", among others.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Snow_Bunny Post 192 wrote:Her reaction to my vote, proposing policy lynching and omgus. That's the thing on camn.
The last two aren't scum tells. What was so telling about her reaction to you? What do you think about my comparison between you and chauchau?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Paws has requested that she be replaced, so I am in the process of finding someone.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:23 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

@esurio: Sorry, that's for clearing someone as town. That requires more clearance than you currently have. I'm fine with elaborating on interesting things that are scummy, but not interesting things that are townie unless I consider them to be "safe"

I do tend to at least elaborate which way the word "interesting" is making me lean. If I have failed in that endeavor, I apologize and you can ask me that much at least for any of my posts.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:24 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

RedCoyote wrote:
Paws has requested that she be replaced, so I am in the process of finding someone.
I hate this. This is caught scum giving up. Not looking good for the replacement.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Paws
Paws
Townie
Paws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Paws »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:
I hate this. This is caught scum giving up. Not looking good for the replacement.
No it's me not feeling like reading because I am busy and not wanting to screw the town by making them lose a day phase to lynch me just because I don't feel like reading all this crap. four mafia games. 2 of them moving to fast and am going to be modding a game soon too.

Good luck replacement xD.

Ciao ladies.
Show
Mafia Game Record

GDS Mafia- 4:6 (40%)
Town- 4:4
Scum- 0:2
Indy/Survivor- 0:0

Crazy Off-Shoot- 2:1 (66%)
Town- 0:0
Scum- 2:1

Mafia Central- 1:0 (100%)
Town- 1:0
Scum- 0:0

Mafia Scum- 0:0 (0%)
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by camn »

Frack.

unvote
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Dayvig: Sotty7

We can lynch Paws tomorrow.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Sucrose »

UncertainKitten wrote:@Sucrose: First, learn to read.

Second, I rarely get mislynched. I get a good wagon on me D1, I repel it because I'm pretty clearly not scum, and from that wagon we catch the scum.
I don't get pissed at cases, I get pissed at REALLY STUPID LOGIC.

You have engaged in the latter. I love how you're attempting to twist my words.

And now let's move to the scumtell portion. First of all, scumtells are a really stupid way to catch scum. All you end up doing is trying to quantify a series of things that end up implicating...one of the most active players because they've had the highest chance of doing these vague things. Scum INTENT is how you catch scum.
I don't think these two things are all that different, but okay. I'm going off gut feeling and stuff that sticks out to me, not checking things off a list of scumtells like you seem to think I'm doing.

How does it benefit Scum UK to have gotten pissed off at your incredibly stupid logic? [/quote]
Because scum have a strong tendency to react emotionally when attacked or argued with. They do this because they're afraid they're being found out. Townies usually don't care, because they doubt they're going to be mislynched. Of course, this varies a HUGE amount from player to player, but it's a trend, and don't tell me otherwise. Maybe small things infuriate you regardless of your alignment, I don't know.

Paws, mind telling us who you had that scum read on before you leave? I don't care if it's not that good, it's better than nothing.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:04 pm

You're the one trying to use scumtells.

Anyway, one thread that ENTIRELY DESTROYS your fucktardery.

Anyway, which two things are you talking about?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Paws
Paws
Townie
Paws
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Paws »

Sucrose wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:@Sucrose: First, learn to read.

Second, I rarely get mislynched. I get a good wagon on me D1, I repel it because I'm pretty clearly not scum, and from that wagon we catch the scum.
I don't get pissed at cases, I get pissed at REALLY STUPID LOGIC.

You have engaged in the latter. I love how you're attempting to twist my words.

And now let's move to the scumtell portion. First of all, scumtells are a really stupid way to catch scum. All you end up doing is trying to quantify a series of things that end up implicating...one of the most active players because they've had the highest chance of doing these vague things. Scum INTENT is how you catch scum.
I don't think these two things are all that different, but okay. I'm going off gut feeling and stuff that sticks out to me, not checking things off a list of scumtells like you seem to think I'm doing.

How does it benefit Scum UK to have gotten pissed off at your incredibly stupid logic?
Because scum have a strong tendency to react emotionally when attacked or argued with. They do this because they're afraid they're being found out. Townies usually don't care, because they doubt they're going to be mislynched. Of course, this varies a HUGE amount from player to player, but it's a trend, and don't tell me otherwise. Maybe small things infuriate you regardless of your alignment, I don't know.

Paws, mind telling us who you had that scum read on before you leave? I don't care if it's not that good, it's better than nothing.[/quote]
Camn, Scotty and/or Haylen.
Show
Mafia Game Record

GDS Mafia- 4:6 (40%)
Town- 4:4
Scum- 0:2

Crazy Off-Shoot- 2:1 (66%)
Scum- 2:1

Mafia Central- 1:0 (100%)
Town- 1:0

Mafia Scum- 0:0 (0%)
cepi
cepi
Townie
cepi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by cepi »

My internet is being stupid. V/LA for a couple of days.

Noted
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
<3
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:29 am

Paws wrote:Camn, Scotty and/or Haylen.
One of these 3 is scum with Paws. Should be Sotty.

Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Sucrose »

UncertainKitten wrote:You're the one trying to use scumtells.

Anyway, one thread that ENTIRELY DESTROYS your fucktardery.

Anyway, which two things are you talking about?
So you link me to a thread where you argue that losing control of your emotions isn't a scumtell, because you do it all the time?
I'm going off of what I've personally seen. Such as in the same game with Haylen that I linked upthread. Cuetlachli was a player who flew into an absolute rage at the smallest of attacks on him. He called Haylen a "pompous bitch" D1, because she was the only player with a scum-read on him. And sure enough, he flipped scum.

If I see someone getting upset about nothing, I'm going to assume there's a reason for it. It's all about context. If there's no reason for it as town, I'm going to see it as scummy.

But, considering that one of the posters in the thread you linked said he was thinking of you when he posted about players who use AtE all the time, obviously, swearing at people at the drop of a hat is your meta. So, uh, thanks for that, I guess. And no, I am not the only person who thinks that AtE can be scummy.

The two things I was talking about are scum intent and scumtells. They're not that different. Nobody just checks off scumtells without thinking about why a person would make them.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Far too many people do, Sucrose. You act like people are actually smart. They aren't. I've seen far too much stupidity, in this game alone, to assume that. I've engaged in far too much stupidity, across my mafia career, to assume that.

And I told you what I was upset about. YOUR LOGIC WAS FUCKTARDED AND STILL IS.

Also, what you've
personally seen
is one instance where it worked. Whoop
de
mother
fucking
do.

You do realize how HOPELESSLY small a sample size that is for your assertion, right?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

I'm on my third readthrough and I'm not done yet, but I think I'd better post
something
anyway because I'll probably run out of time before I need to go to bed, and I have catching up to do with posting. This is my first 15P game and it's a lot of people to get keep track of.

Paws

At first I agreed with Haylen that she comes off as newbie/null-tell. I don't know about her sites in particular, but I've seen mafia games on other forums where a player can live to day 5/page 40 having only made
three
posts, and nobody even notices, so her surprise at being criticised now is believable to me. And the "wow everyone posts loads here lol" comment really isn't unusual from newbies to this site.

But then her responses to meta-requests gave me a bit of a twinge:
"You won't be able to find any games like that", or, "you won't be able to view it because it's locked".
And her replacing out when under pressure isn't great.

But I'm not convinced it's enough to justify the wagon on her.

And... I'm out of time for now.

VOTE: Apokalyptika

I still think Apok is the most scummy so far, for a bunch of reasons... mainly gut.

And that's the only two strong thoughts I have right now, but everyone else: I will be coming to you.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Fenchurch is town.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Sotty7 wrote:
Snow_Bunny Post 192 wrote:Her reaction to my vote, proposing policy lynching and omgus. That's the thing on camn.
The last two aren't scum tells. What was so telling about her reaction to you? What do you think about my comparison between you and chauchau?
I don't have much time, so I'll just want to say this before I forget: who's talking about scum-tells? They aren't scum tells, but they sure add together to something in D1. And that, right now, it's worthy of a vote.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by camn »

camn's page 9 iso-reads:
For those of you who aren't familiar with my play.. I try and do this so that my thoughts are clear re: everyone in the case that I am nightkilled. Which happens early and often. :)

UncertainKitten
:
TOWN
. I don't like her mod-vote, as I think mod voting is just a way to stay out of trouble, but she hasn't been avoiding taking a stand later on at all. Her focus on me is off base, but her reasoning is consistent, so I am ok with it. I do wish she would take it down a notch, because I think she could be more of an asset to the town, but that will come.

Ojanen
: Obv I have no read here. I would normally call for death, but the strength of her play in previous games stays my hand.

Sucrose
: I am not impressed with her posts so far. I would like to see broader commentary from her. The fact that she built a case, thin as it was, against Kitten leans me a little town on her.. unless they are BOTH scum and it was a bus. Which I don't suspect.
townish

camn
:
ObvTown
:)

chauchaudotcom
: I like her on iso right now. I can't see scum protesting town-reads early on, which she did.
prob-town

Sotty7
: I can see some scumminess now, especially early on. Questioning the Apok-hate in iso6 rreks of getting on the right side of a mislynch, although we have no flip for confirmation. Actually, although I liked her iso#11 initially, now the whole thing kind of smells like that. I like it when people defend me, but it is easy to do if you are scum.
maybe-scum

Hoopla
: I think Hoop is town on activity level alone. . . of course, on the other hand, the hoopla-lurker-scum meta may be depreciated now. But disregarding most of the players in her first post would be a little risky for scum... so
prob-town

cepi
: Barely here. I like her post.. but need more. no read.

Apokalyptika
:
Scummy
. I don't like that twice she commented that people were acting in a way she DIDN'T think scum would act (too over-the top, etc.) but that they 'weren't town' in some nebulous way. It feels like she is trying to start the kind of typical reaction-wagon that would incline scum to avoid this behavior to begin with, with the intent of a mislynch. The fact that she backed down on my just reads as misinformed scum who got a little meta and realised my wagon was going nowhere.

Paws
: die lurkerdie. gods let your replacement be worthwhile. Remember how you begged to be in this game?

Haylen
: Seems like normal haylen-town. DO wish she would keep the nonsense out of here, but that is why we like her :)
prob-town

Fenchurch
: I dont know you, and I am not impressed by your activity level so far. Hoop says you are a good player though... no read.

DrippingGoofball
: As everyone knows, I wold rather go toe-to-toe with DGB scum in endgame than risk her mislynch... but I am very disturbed by her lack of a vote. Other than that I see
town
there.

Snow_Bunny
:
Scum
. As previously described.

esuriospiritus
: I would like a lot more contribution from her, because I like what I see so far.
prob-tow
n.

SO.. Looking back, I think the scum are:
Snow_Bunny
Apokalyptika
and maybe

Sotty7

Given that I am wrong about one of them... the other is in one of the filthy lurkers. Or the not so filthy lurkers.

Prview-edit: Snow Bunny: your vote is so weak and ridiculous, it is hard to believe you are holding on to it. It is a good way to totally add nothing to the thread at all in the way of finding scum, though. Try expanding your vision, so that when we lynch you, we can deduce who your partners are.

Until then,
VOTE: Apokalyptika

You are suspect. I want diamonds.
I don't like your voting. It is all about the easiest vote possible.
And I don't like your meta-hunting. I think it is easier to build crapcases with meta. In fact, I have done it myself from time to time.

camn, will you do me a favor and not use red text? I know it's pretty obvious from the context that this is your comment, but I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I can't see scum protesting town-reads early on, which she did.
Could you elaborate on this, camn?

-

Upon skim-re-reading page 9 again, I've got a new theory milling around my brain. Going to go iso a couple people to see how it holds up. bbs. <3

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:24 pm

camn wrote:
DrippingGoofball
: As everyone knows, I wold rather go toe-to-toe with DGB scum in endgame than risk her mislynch... but I am very disturbed by her lack of a vote. Other than that I see
town
there.
I want to vote Paws. The "Townsperson" nO0b label, and eventual replacement, is the only thing that stands between me a vote. I didn't realize that Paws had begged to be in this game; her departure when under fire is another mega-scumtell.

In fact I'd be up for a Paws lynch even before the mod brings in a replacement. I doubt that this will gather much support, but that's what we need to do if we're going to lynch scum today.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In fact I'd be up for a Paws lynch even before the mod brings in a replacement. I doubt that this will gather much support, but that's what we need to do if we're going to lynch scum today.
This isn't the iso-related post I'm actually working on, but yes, I would be down for this, especially after seeing the replacement request.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Let's do it then.

vote: Paws & replacement

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”