Choose Your Side: A Comedy of Whims (Game Over)

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

No deaths, and my role isn't working the way I wanted.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Andrius »

You're frustrated over no deaths... Odd.

What are you, some type of PGO?

And you're surprised about mod shenanigans? I certainly didn't ask to be a Miller.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

caelum wrote:'Cause I have a 3rd party report and I wasn't paying too much attention to the game on day 1 and 2 for lack of interest reasons.
Not the explanation I was wanting. I'm not sure you even answered #2 and this is a very bad answer to #1. Everyone should be expected to be proactive and play the game. I'm sorry, but this answer doesn't sit well with me.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Andrius »

What were you expecting, SSBF?
I'd semi-lurk as a Cop too.

@ caelum: Can you investigate mafias, or only 3rd party?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I can see AGM picking 3rd party. AGM seems more commanding the more scummy his role is so his powerful toned post against caelum. I believe caelum.
Don't @ me.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:54 am

Post by Twomz »

In a game with this many 3rd parties and probably multiple scum groups, I think scum cop is just as likely as town cop.

Thoughts?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:58 am

Post by Espeonage »

Twomz wrote:In a game with this many 3rd parties and probably multiple scum groups, I think scum cop is just as likely as town cop.

Thoughts?
I could see that. Ok caelum is a cop. Not sure of alignment though.
Don't @ me.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:00 am

Post by manho »

Andrius wrote:
MANHO: Are you a Hated townie? Do you have any traits/abilities that make the voting threshold for your lynch to be lower?
no, i don't know anything about it.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

Hello, sorry for not posting D2, but I AM V/LA, and when I came to the forum, after N1, D2 was already over -.- That is why I haven't posted much.

I am intrigued by the NPC's dying when manho/animorpherv1 get lynched, and I have a theory to test. I think we should try to lynch ani again today, just to see what happens. I think this time, he WILL die.
vote: ani
~Toon fighter~
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:18 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

TWOMZ IS SMART ABOUT THIS! IN THE LAST CHOOSE YOUR SIDE GAME, WE PASSIONATELY HAD TO DISPATCH A "COP" WHO WAS WITH THE SCUM!

@TOON FIGHTER: WHAT GIVES YOU THE IMPRESSION THAT WE CAN KILL ANI TODAY!?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:07 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

All right, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that Nobody Special has requested replacement. The good news is that I've already found a replacement.

Zazier replaces Nobody Special effective immediately.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:10 am

Post by CSL »

Watch this, Zazie is going to call me scum. Incorrectly.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:15 am

Post by caelum »

I can investigate all pretty sure. I am not a mafia sided cop. Cool SSBF, I don't know what kind of brilliant response you were expecting, but it doesn't look like I can convince you because of your "town read on AlmasterGM."
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:16 am

Post by ZazieR »

CSL wrote:...

Watch this, Zazie is going to call me scum. Incorrectly.
You may tell me why, while I enjoy my cup of coffee ^.^
After that, I'll read the game.
Ignore the ''R''
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Andrius wrote:What were you expecting, SSBF?
I was hoping he would have had some sort of real life issues (He didn't even have to tell us what they were) that he had to take care of that prevented him from spending time from playing this game. That would be understandable. Saying that you didn't pay attention due to losing interest is not.
Andrius wrote:I'd semi-lurk as a Cop too.
Disagree. As town, I prefer to give it all in a game that I have. Regardless of roles, as town, you should not be afraid of receiving a Night Kill because nothing helps town more then scum hunting. Yes Night Actions helps as well, but they alone are not going to cause town to win.
Twomz wrote:In a game with this many 3rd parties and probably multiple scum groups, I think scum cop is just as likely as town cop.

Thoughts?
Good point there. If AlmasterGM is scum, he could counterclaim caelum-town by saying he's a gunsmith/rolecop if he's going for different variations. charter did the former in Mini 985 where he attempts to counterclaim me in that game. He was scum. Then again, AlmasterGM also counterclaimed me as well and we were sane and insane cops (Me/AlmasterGM respectively).
CSL wrote:Watch this, Zazie is going to call me scum. Incorrectly.
Afraid of suspicion much? Also, your ISO reeks of lack of contents, so I wouldn't mind pressure being forced on you.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:49 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Alright.

I am God, from the Christian Bible. I am indeed 3rd Party.

When I requested by character, I gave my name and told Saint Kerrigan that God was omnipotent and operated outside the realm of the game, and as such, I had "no alignment."

He assigned me 3rd Party. This is why I asked in my RQS set if everybody got the alignment that they wanted - I didn't get exactly what I asked for. Sure, I was kinda begging for it, but still.

HERE'S THE CATCH - I cannot stay 3rd party forever. As 3rd party, I have no win condition. If anybody else achieves their win condition while I am 3rd party, I lose. Instead, I have an ability where, once per game, I can choose
salvation for all
or
day of reckoning.
If I choose salvation, I reincarnate in human form (Jesus Christ), lose all my abilities, and become aligned the town. If I choose reckoning, I become angry at humanity and invoke Giant Flood 2.0 (Noah's Ark), lose all my abilities, and become aligned with the mafia.

SO…why not just switch right now? First of all, I'd obviously like to be on the winning team, and my ability lets me do that. More importantly, however, when I'm in God form, I have a SHIT TON of abilities, both active and passive. Like, blow-your-fucking-mind-out abilities. After all, I am God. I can claim some of them, all of them, or none of them … as you all see fit. Personally, I think keeping most of them to myself would be the best plan, as I can do some pretty sweet things if nobody sees the coming ahead of time. I'll say right now that lynching me is the worst fucking idea ever, because you will end up in a shitty situation VERRRRY similar to animorphs. However, I also know that, if animorph's ability is like mine (which I suspect it is), he CAN be killed eventually.

I've been playing pretty pro-town this game, I think, so I hope you believe me when I say my intent is to win with the town. I can also say that I am much more useful as 3rd Party than as VT.

I'll be back later to scumhunt.

Also, as noted in my other games, I am limited access from 8/18-8/25.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Twomz »

You can only choose to align with town or mafia? No other 3rd party alignments? Can you prove that you chose town in some way if/when it happens? And how do you feel about 'choose town now or we lynch you'?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Seraphim »

I believe AlmasterGM's claim. It matches [REDACTED] with information I [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED]. Well, suffice to [REDACTED], I got [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] and Almaster is definitely telling the truth. Lynching him is a terri-bad idea.

In other news, I got a [REDACTED]-[REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED]...and I considering using it on several people right now including animorph(if it will work) and caelum(because there is a high likelihood of him being scum). [REDACTED], we discuss.

(NOTE: It is very purposeful that I [REDACTED] several of my statements)

EDIT POST PREVIEW: Twomz, I am not [REDACTED] with your idea. We want [REDACTED] on our side, with all his amazing abilities, don't we?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Andrius »

Well, I was right. I had a gut feeling he was 3rd party.
lol at God. I considered picking Jesus.

Can someone translate Sera's last post? He has something special he might use, so it would be worth it to translate.
I'm thinking its:
Seraphim wrote: In other news, I got a [REDACTED]-[REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED]...
"In other news, I got a Day-kill from someone..." ? Maybe? Just say yes or a single [REDACTED] if that's correct.

So it looks like we're still lynching Ani, since AGM can alignment-flip to town.
caelum
caelum
Townie
caelum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:52 am

Post by caelum »

Wow. That's a pretty freakin' OP role. I'm curious as to how SK balanced that w/ everyone else.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Andrius »

Well, we know that there's a pair of unkillable lovers...

AGM, do you have any sort of powers that would enable us to kill Ani/manho? Also, are they like one-shot Cop, one-shot Doc type things, or are they more God-like?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Seraphim »

Andrius wrote:Well, I was right. I had a gut feeling he was 3rd party.
lol at God. I considered picking Jesus.

Can someone translate Sera's last post? He has something special he might use, so it would be worth it to translate.
I'm thinking its:
Seraphim wrote: In other news, I got a [REDACTED]-[REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED]...
"In other news, I got a Day-kill from someone..." ? Maybe? Just say yes or a single [REDACTED] if that's correct.
[REDACTED].

caelum, I want a fullclaim in your next post on [REDACTED] of death. Role name, role [REDACTED], all powers, every[REDACTED]. I am definitely expecting scum [REDACTED] roles in this game due to the large amount of third-[REDACTED] roles.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Andrius »

@ Sera: Definitely don't use it on Ani/manho. That's what the lynch is for. We can nuke someone else with it.
Sera wrote: caelum, I want a fullclaim in your next post on [pain] of death. Role name, role [???], all powers, every[thing]. I am definitely expecting scum [power] roles in this game due to the large amount of third-[party] roles.
Translated to best of my ability.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Seraphim »

Also, it might be worth noting that we've killed either [REDACTED] or [REDACTED] twice now. I'm not sure which one and there doesn't seem to be a [REDACTED] to tell. So it's a [REDACTED] in the dark which one we lynch [REDACTED].

That post is accurate [REDACTED], though I meant scum investigative roles rather than scum [REDACTED] roles.

I want caelum to claim as stated [REDACTED] in his next post. Just in case he misses it.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Seraphim »

We may also want to consider [REDACTED] of the mods as players in this game. It may just be mindfuckery but this game seems [REDACTED] about Tar's games and we definitely shouldn't [REDACTED] any possibilities out right [REDACTED]. That would just be [REDACTED].

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”