New York 116 - Prozacs Large Normal - Who won?

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Benmage »

petroleumjelly wrote:Zorblag, a jailkeeper only protects and role-blocks a target. It
does not
prevent the target from being targeted by other roles. Does this change your analysis of a Jailkeeper claim?
Hmmm I don't know about this one. I was under the impression if someone like a cop went to investigate someone being jailed the investigation wouldn't go through....although looking closer I can see it being only a rb'r/doc.

@MOD
Can we get any insight on how a Jailkeeper role, if in this game, would work? Would the jailed person be blocked from others, actions?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:20 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Tazaro wrote:.................................

Who's the next person who's going to ping your "scumdar"?
Very nice post, Tazaro. Instead of commenting on anything, you humorously suggest I have too many suspicions. However, as you can see in my first post of the game, Zorblag was already on my scumdar, he has just crept up it.

Do you have any comments about anything? What do you think of Oso? What do you think of Zorblag's interpretation of a Jailkeeper? What do you think of Benmage? Do you agree that tubby216 is actively lurking, and do you find that scummy?

Or are you content to simply try and continually jab at me from the sidelines, like you have done with all of your posts that concern me so far?

Quite
pleased with my vote.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Benmage »

Jelly, I don't think there's inconsistencies in Trolls view on the JK. I view it as a rb/doc-like role. I also thought it stopped the jailed person from being targeted. I don't think, thinking the latter nullifies the other.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Tazaro »

petroleumjelly wrote:What do you think of Oso? What do you think of Zorblag's interpretation of a Jailkeeper? What do you think of Benmage? Do you agree that tubby216 is actively lurking, and do you find that scummy?
Zorblag is being sensible: Oso's claim is that he is a jailkeeper; well... jailkeeping is a role that very well can prevent night actions that target the person that the jailkeeper jails. I know this because I've been a jailkeeper before. I think Oso has claimed a role that sounds powerful, and I wouldn't expect mafia to avoid targetting a claim power role like his and instead target Furcolow. Something smells about this, and something smells about Benmage; he was ostensibly wanting to drop the argument with you, and as for me, I love to argue if you want one; I will not equate tubby216's active lurking as something that merits a lynch; he is busy but he needs to be a team player, everyone can vote to pressure him if they want. But his active lurking is not a tell of suspicion, but it is something that needs to improve or it will be a bunch of dead weight to talk about.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote: Benmage; he was ostensibly wanting to drop the argument with you

Misrep.
Tazaro wrote: and as for me, I love to argue if you want one
You didn't seem thrilled yesterday as I was flushing out your inconsistent behavior. Nor do you seem to care when Stef blatantly refused to answer questions. Which reminds how scummy I think Stef is, and how he has completely fallen off this game.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:43 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

For anybody who has actually bothered to follow that links that Porochaz supplied in his second post of the game, here is the link to the Jailkeeper wiki: Link. Jailkeepers do nothing beyond simultaneously protect and role-block. A "common variant," which Porochaz has
not
told us he is using and hence best not be using, is to "isolate" that player from being targeted by anybody, but it is not how a Jailkeeper traditionally works.

The complaint about Zorblag is that he has made two separate posts demonstrating that he knows what a Jailkeeper is (a Doctor + Role-blocker), and in neither of those posts did he mention he thought Jailkeepers somehow "isolates" a player. He only took this view
after
I started forcefully attacking Oso. Some players like to feign ignorance about mechanics or roles to implicitly suggest they are uninformed townies (for example, a scum player asking the mod in thread "Do scum have daytalking powers?," which I point out because Zorblag asked this exact question in-thread), and this could be falling into a similar line of feigned ignorance.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Oso »

Benmage wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:Zorblag, a jailkeeper only protects and role-blocks a target. It
does not
prevent the target from being targeted by other roles. Does this change your analysis of a Jailkeeper claim?
Hmmm I don't know about this one. I was under the impression if someone like a cop went to investigate someone being jailed the investigation wouldn't go through....although looking closer I can see it being only a rb'r/doc.
I block(the target) AND protect(the target). The only thing I can prevent from happening TO the target is a kill, just like a Doctor. Also, like a doctor or a role-blocker, I wouldn't prevent any roles that do anything other than kill from getting whatever results they would normally get. Ex: A cop would still get a result on my target.

According to the wiki, there is also a variation that does protect,role blocks AND blocks all night actions against the target.

I am the first sort. Doctor/RB combo, NOT Doc/RB and <other roles> blocked combo.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Tazaro »

@BenMage: Not this stuff about "inconsistency" again. You wanted to lynch Stef--You're crazy if you think Stef is the most likely to be scum.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Benmage »

^And there we go.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Tazaro »

Whatever. Stef's a saint compared to you.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh ninja'd by tazaro my last post was referencing Oso's.
Tazaro wrote:@BenMage: Not this stuff about "inconsistency" again. You wanted to lynch Stef--You're crazy if you think Stef is the most likely to be scum.
Has Stef done anything pro-town this game? He was blatantly scummy yesterday. He has now gone into the shadows. Classic scum tell if you ask me. And it should be pretty obvious--who I think is most likely scum. *hint hint* the lynch I am adamant about.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Tazaro »

I'm not saying Stef is obv town or anything--Charlie is likely to be scum, yes, but it's sure a hell of a lot better than a Stef lynch. We don't need to lynch someone who's played conservatively and is neutral and quiet.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Tazaro »

Since it IS four o clock here where I'm at, I'm going to go eat some meal for dinner.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Benmage »

Tazaro wrote:Since it IS four o clock here where I'm at, I'm going to go eat some meal for dinner.
What are you a grandpa, early bird special? :P
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Oso »

@petroleumjelly.

Just need a slight clarification here.

You think that Tazaro might have been subtly directing thinking to Benmage killed Fur by the way he(Tazaro) posted his thoughts on the nightkill?

And also that he did pretty much the same thing when he(Tazaro) talked about why I was still alive. A basic reworking of "Why is the claimed cop still alive WIFOM?" with my role in place of the cop role?
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:13 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Oso, that is largely correct. If you read Tazaro's posts from Day Two onwards, I get a definite impression that Tazaro has been trying to get somebody
besides himself
to run with the logic of why Furcolow was killed. Tazaro does not start off making either of the two most obvious inferences (i.e., that both Anon + Furcolow attacked Benmage, or that Furcolow died and you, our only claimed power role, did not), and only later again brought up the subject when nobody latched on.

I have used such suggestions to great effect in the past, but suggestions do not necessarily have to be "Why didn't X die?" I think my most memorable game where I (and my scumteam) did something like this was Simon Mafia. In that game, after we had a couple role-claims so far, the informed the Town of a note left on a door which said, "All claims so far are truthful." Me and my scum-partners knew this was false (since a partner had fake-claimed prior to this announcement), and we decided to discredit whoever had that role before they could claim. Our team was allowed to write our own nightkill flavor, so we had our target die with a note written on his head, saying "All claims so far are truthful" (suggesting the note-writer was part of the mafia). I pointed out how strange this was here. Take note of my language: "Not sure what to think about that right now. But it's dang weird, and I'm surprised I missed it at first."

You can see my scum-brain working in retrospect. The inference is obvious enough: that the mafia control the note-writer. But I purposefully avoided saying it in the hopes somebody else would make the suggestion. That way, the idea would be attributed to
them
. I feel like Tazaro is trying the exact same type of ploy.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Benmage »

I think he's suggesting that Tazaro wanted to pull attention off me and onto you. Which is why I think Tazaro flipping scum indicating me as scum is a stretch he seems quite persistent on.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:19 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Benmage wrote:I think he's suggesting that Tazaro wanted to pull attention off me and onto you. Which is why I think Tazaro flipping scum indicating me as scum is a stretch he seems quite persistent on.
It is not a stretch.
I
think the most obvious inference was that "both players attacked you." However, Tazaro's second post concerning the nightkill was only along the lines of asking Oso, "aren't you surprised you weren't killed?"

This suggests that Tazaro may be trying to hide the
true
reason Furcolow was nightkilled. In essence, you and Tazaro nightkilled the one person who managed to connect the two of you together. However, Tazaro is trying to have the town make the
improper
inference instead (by pointing out how strange it is that Oso was not nightkilled after being the only claimed power-role). On the surface, this is a clever and opportune way to kill off the one person who is onto a scumteam.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Benmage »

AHHHHHH I'd have to go back and read Fur. I was only recalling his attacks on me, not the connections.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:47 am

Post by mothrax »

Not liking the way tazaro is reacting to jelly's pushes. Seems like he is trying to just laugh of serious accusations.
unvote, vote tazaro

This is a lynch I can fully support.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Tazaro »

No, the thing that bothers me about the Furcolow nightkill is that Oso may have survived due to being mafia who lied about being the town jailkeeper.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

All aboard the Tazarowagon! Choo, choo!

Chugga
chugga chugga chugga,
chugga
chugga chugga chugga...
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Tazaro »

what the hell is your problem, tunneling me.? I want to know if Oso's being scum is a reason who he wasn't dead after claiming jailkeeper.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Tazaro »

EBWOP: "who" should be "why." I don't know if the Oso scum theory as a reason for the nightkill that didn't target oso has been proposed.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...