charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by charter »

Spyrex and Robo, who do you think are XScorpion's buddies?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

After recent events, I'm getting a pretty solid scum read on XScorpion. His defense has failed to convince me that he's town in any manner so far and they don't sound genuine. Adding gut in and he stands a good chance of being scum.
XScorpion wrote:Also charter: Any particular reason you think Robocopter is town?
This question would be fine, except one problem.

I have yet to see a legitimate reason for you to vote Robocopter87. Unless you give us good reasons for voting Robocopter87, it holds no water.

I want you to outline your entire case on him.
XScorpion wrote:I dunno, because Xvart said he would vote for Kirby if Kirby's daykill was fake? That seems like the right reason.
Parroting much? This is also hypocritical of you because you attacked charter for parroting me about rolefishing.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by XScorpion »

I have yet to see a legitimate reason for you to vote Robocopter87. Unless you give us good reasons for voting Robocopter87, it holds no water. I want you to outline your entire case on him.
It's more a case of me voting him in RVS and then not being given a good reason to unvote him, and a better reason (OMGUS) to keep my vote where it is.
Parroting much?
How is me explaining the reasoning behind Sawyer's vote parroting, when I did not say that I agreed that his reasoning was valid or not?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

charter wrote:Spyrex and Robo, who do you think are XScorpion's buddies?
Scum are his buddies.

I don't know.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by XScorpion »

As always, you continue to be an asset to town in our games.
Keep up the good work
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Yep.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:21 pm

XScorpion wrote:It's more a case of me voting him in RVS and then not being given a good reason to unvote him, and a better reason (OMGUS) to keep my vote where it is.
- What "good reason" is that? I don't see anything about his ISO before the "OMGUS" vote on you that can be considered a good reason. Is him unvoting his self-vote scummy? I really don't see how it is.

- With such a poorly fleshed-out case on Robocopter87, the OMGUS vote worries me a lot less then your play.

Very weak attempt at trying to convince me that Robocopter87 is scum. Is that seriously all you have?
XScorpion wrote:How is me explaining the reasoning behind Sawyer's vote parroting, when I did not say that I agreed that his reasoning was valid or not?
Because you used a very similiar reason for why I called out xvart.
Your reason wrote:I dunno, because Xvart said he would vote for Kirby if Kirby's daykill was fake? That seems like the right reason.
My reason wrote:When you go as far as to say you'll vote him after the next votecount if a person doesn't die due to a fake daykill atttempt, this is not something I like.
Now granted, this post is before Sawyer voted xvart, but I didn't like how you pratically used the exact same reason as mine later on to answer charter's question.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by XScorpion »

What "good reason" is that? I don't see anything about his ISO before the "OMGUS" vote on you that can be considered a good reason.
A good reason for him being town? Yeah, me neither.
I think "being useless" is a great reason to vote for him though.
Because you used a very similiar reason for why I called out xvart.
Do you think that Sawyer is voting for a different reason than you? What would that be?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by xvart »

Kirbyoshi, 56 wrote:Why are you so narrow-minded?
That's my MO. I tend to focus on one person and beat on them until I get a lynch or am convinced otherwise.
Super Smash Bros. Fan, 64 wrote:The votecount has already come by, charter is still alive, and you've made three posts so far after that votecount. Yet no vote on Kirbyoshi coming from you. Pretty interested in why you're still holding your vote, especially after you've explained a few times why you found Kirbyoshi's fake daykill attempt scummy.
Yes, I suppose I was a little hasty in my comment and did overreact a tad. I don't think my vote on Kirby is necessary at this point. The reason I didn't immediately vote like I said was because there was the mod's flavor in the vote count, which confused me. I couldn't determine if it was actual game/ability related flavor or the mod writing flavor about the events that had occurred regardless of any truth to the actions. The point about the joke is well taken, and that is what I alluded to when I said there was an alternative that I would consider. Typically I would still vote for something like this because I vote for things that I do not see town motivation behind; and a joke like that could be considered such.
XScorpion, 65 wrote:
Sounds a bit like rolefishing here. Why are you asking Kirbyoshi if he was a dayvig or not?
Because I wanted to know if Kirby was actually told by the mod "you are a dayvig." If he was, then he's pretty obv. town.
Why don't you just ask if he is a cop, or a doctor, or some other role? That might make him pretty obv town, right?
charter, 67 wrote:Guys, I am 99% sure that XScorpion is scum.
I've already identified three townies.
The rest of you are making this very difficult to figure out who his buddies are (except Sawyer, who is making it very easy to see he is scum).

Actually, it's
probably
SSBF with his whole "There is definently an overreaction to Kirbyoshi's fake daykill attempt. I knew this wasn't serious, so I saw no point in making a negative reaction to it." speech.

XScorpion, Sawyer, and SSBF, what is your opinion of the other two?
Seriously? You have already identified three townies? Wow you are good. How certain are you with these reads on page three? What's the margin of error? Also, I guess we should all apologize for interrupting your scum relationship hunting. It's a little too early to be building scum teams, don't you think?
Super Smash Bros. Fan, 73 wrote:Sure I can understand xvart's reason, but I'm still not convinced that Kirbyoshi is scummy. If Kirbyoshi was serious about daykilling someone, he would have done it later in the game and someone he's convinced that person is scum. As a result, as I think it's a null/slight town tell, I will not fake a negative reaction just to blend in the crowd.
That was my point; the timing was so off.
charter, 76 wrote:I didn't say I think he's town. I said I don't think he's scum. I don't have much of a read on him one way or the other.
This is pretty close to backpeddling in the same sentence. You said he wasn't scum, but you don't have a read on him? If he's not scum, like you said, then what could he be?
jenniwren, 77 wrote:Charter: what was it in SSBF's and Sawyer's last posts that makes you feel better about them? You don't give any indication of feeling better about Sawyer anywhere except your next to last statement, and I'm curious about the turnaround.
Agreed.
Robocopter87, 81 wrote:VOTE: Xscorp
Care to elaborate or is this just a blatant shameless bandwagon vote?
charter, 93 wrote:Jenniwren is shaping up nicely for the slot of lurkerscum, we'll have to see how that pans out as time goes by. Actually, now that I actually read her post 53, I believe we've got another scum hooked.
How so? What is scummy about 53? You like to point fingers a lot, don't you? Do you think pointing fingers and making up scum teams makes you look town? It doesn't.
Robocopter87, 93 wrote:Don't really understand what you mean about Dramonic posting though...
And the this is relevant how? Why should the rest of us care about Dramonic's posting in another game?

Due to his finger pointing, scum team implications, and mysterious town reads, I'm ready to vote.

VOTE: Charter

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by charter »

Xvart wrote:Seriously? You have already identified three townies? Wow you are good. How certain are you with these reads on page three? What's the margin of error? Also, I guess we should all apologize for interrupting your scum relationship hunting. It's a little too early to be building scum teams, don't you think?
Am I certain? Of course not, but I have to start somewhere. Am I expecting everyone else to think the same as me? No. I didn't even say who I had the reads on. It's never too early to hunt for scumteams. If you're going to try and discredit my arguments by saying I'm scum because I'm looking for scumteams so soon, you're going to have to do a whole heck of a lot better job.
XVart wrote:If he's not scum, like you said, then what could he be?
I said I didn't think he's scum (I don't have a scum read on him) and I said I don't think he's town (I don't have a town read on him). He is one or the other, but I don't have a clue as to what he is right now.

Xvart, what's your opinion of XScorpion?
XScorpion, who's your top pick for scum (right this minute)?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by charter »

Xvart, do you see a difference in how XScorpion responded to me calling him scum versus how Sawyer or SSBF responded?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:05 pm

@xvart: Your response to my question is fair enough, when looking over it. However, we should all keep in mind that this is adversite as a "non-serious theme" in the sign-up thread, so it'll be especially difficult to differentiate between actual game-related/item-related flavor or just plain flavor.
XScorpion wrote:A good reason for him being town? Yeah, me neither.
I think "being useless" is a great reason to vote for him though.
Yes he hasn't be super useful in this game, but then again, you can say the same thing for Zang and ConfidAnon. Being useless alone isn't a good enough reason on it's own to vote for him.
XScorpion wrote:Do you think that Sawyer is voting for a different reason than you? What would that be?
Sawyer asked xvart why he would only vote Kirbyoshi if charter didn't die. I promptly stated that I didn't like how xvart was planning on voting Kirbyoshi simply due to the fake daykill incident.

This post by Sawyer contains a lot of his own reasons. Basically said if Kirbyoshi was performing a gambit, he would have been caught and it would most likely hurt him, so he see no reason for someone to even attempt that gambit then, let alone if it had likely negative effects on him.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Being useless alone isn't a good enough reason on it's own to vote for him.
The fact that he's posting in this game but not actively trying to find scum is a pretty good reason. Confid hasn't posted yet, and Zang has at least a small contribution. In all of his posts, Robo has told us nothing except that he likes to OMGUS vote.
XScorpion, who's your top pick for scum (right this minute)?
Robo of course.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

VOTE COUNT
7 to lynch
Xscorpion (5) Super Smash Bros. Fan, charter, SpyreX, Robocopter87, Kirbyoshi
Robocopter87 (2) hiphop, Xscorpion
charter (2) xvart, jenniwren
xvart (1) Sawyer

Not voting (2) ConfidAnon, Zang
Last edited by bouncy.bouncy on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by hiphop »

xvart wrote:
hiphop, 29 wrote:xvart-Reaction?
Oh, now I see. So now your post 14 was a complicated plot to get a reaction vote by overreacting to something so stupid and meaningless and accusing him of dodging your questions about the Korean smiley face? If that is the case, what reaction were you expecting? And, more importantly, what about his reaction made you think he was not scum (I assume since you promptly unvoted him)?
In the words of captain jack sparrow, "Now you're not making any sense at all. " The first question is no, which of course means that the next two questions are voided, because they are only asked if the first question is a yes, which of course it is not. Accusing him of not answering a question was the same type of post as me saying the tears(what google said it was) was tnt. The post was not intended to get a reaction from him or anyone else but a post that people might discuss to get out of rvs. In the last game I did the same sort of thing by not answering SSBF's rqs. It is different than going with the crowd. So it gives people something to talk about. I am not like Spyrex(scum in the last game), who in the last game said he would take his own sweet time in getting out of rvs(glad he isn't doing the same in this one, perhaps it was only a scum thing). As far as I care the rvs is something used that is a means for people to scum-hunt, that is it. We are hear to find scum, and I will do everything in my power to expediate that process.

Now you never answered my question-reaction? You said overreacted. To do that i would have to react. And then i would have had to act against or opposition too. Which I have not. If anything I acted first and everybody reacted to me. So, reaction?

SSBF<--- In the last game I could flop on him when I ever I felt like, because he was so scummy, but in this game i seem to agree with everything he has written(seems obv town to me), except of course for end of this post. My judgement is not as good as it sounds like. In the that game I latched onto one scum, which was charter, and that was only because his fake roleclaim did not fit the setup. I don't know what he is seeing.

xvartWhat is the difference between charter being scum to xscorpion?

I really do not like how there was so much arguing about kirby's day-kill. Seriously after reading this post it was obv that the mod was playing along. Which brings me to a point. Xvart- would you seriously have voted for kirby if the mod had just ignored it? I believe you would have, which shows less like a knee- jerk and more like how people perceive you. Am i not right?
fos xvart
What is the difference between the mod ignoring the point and the mod responding like he did? And don't come back and say the timing was off for the vig-kill, like you said in iso 8, when truly at the time you didn't believe any such thing. Did you not say that a fake day-vig is scummy? It was a fake day vig. Looks a lot like back pedaling to me.

As for cc's- i have come to the conclusion that Spyrex is right, in the fact that cc's are just flavor and won't lead to who is scum and who is not. Especially since the mod displayed them for all to see.
charter wrote:SSBF, xvart, Xscorpion, hiphop, Kirbyoshi, and Sawyer. Why did none of you comment on how Robocopter voted himself?
remove my name from this list. Read the thread and maybe you would see this post A comment is a comment. No exceptions.

And now for xscorpion-I see isos 6-8 pretty much useless in fact
XScorpion wrote:I think "being useless" is a great reason to vote for him though.
He basically calls the kettle black, because i don't see anything gained from him. That and his rolefishing should alone be enough to garner my vote, but i really do not want to put him so close to a lynch 48 hours after the game has started.
fos

so
vote xvart

Now pardon me while i go write something for the large normal that started yesterday and has more pages than this one.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

At this moment its not as clean as he is. However, if I'm right I'd eat a hat if you or Robo were scum with him. Kirby could be with that lowball "did the mod SAY you were a vig business" but doubtful.

If I had to put the cash down I'd say Zang and one of the voiceless (Jenni, Sawyer). MAAaayabe xvart with a power chainsaw not realizing.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I support lynches of either player whose name starts with X. They've both been really scummy on their own (no use simply parroting everything), and I could DEFINITELY see them as buddies (but let's not get ahead of ourselves). As for which is scummier, they're about equal to me tbh. But since Scorp has more votes:

Unvote SSBF, Vote: Xscorpion

L-2
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by xvart »

charter, 109 wrote:No. I didn't even say who I had the reads on.
That's why I called them "mysterious town reads." The fact that you speak so definitively is where my concern lies. You said you had already identified three town; not that you had town reads or three likely townies; but you had
identified
three unnamed townies.
charter, 109 wrote:It's never too early to hunt for scumteams. If you're going to try and discredit my arguments by saying I'm scum because I'm looking for scumteams so soon, you're going to have to do a whole heck of a lot better job.
I'm not trying to discredit anything. The way your posts read, though, is that you are putting a lot more stock into your town reads and scum teams than I think is appropriate at this stage in the game. Either that, or you are simply trying to appear to be scumhunting because of your definitive town identification and 99% scum read. And, it can be too early to hunt for scumteams. You don't even know for 100% certainty that your number one scum pick is actually scum. Building from that can be disastrous and can also be distracting.
charter, 110 wrote:Xvart, do you see a difference in how XScorpion responded to me calling him scum versus how Sawyer or SSBF responded?
You might have to be more specific in which responses to which you are referring. I don't even see where Sawyer responded directly to you calling him scum. But SSBF's and XScorp's responses are as follows:
XScorpion, 68 wrote:So...why are you 99% sure I'm scum?
Super Smash Bros. Fan, 73 wrote:Not seeing how that's enough to make me a worthy lynch candidate.
Both responses look fairly similar to me, asking you to explain how they are so obviously scum. What am I missing with your question?

I also found this little gem when looking for those responses. What was the purpose of this question? Were you trying to cast a small amount of suspicion on everyone on your list for not commenting on the self vote? Why did you never follow up on it? Obviously you thought there was something to it or else you wouldn't have asked us about it.

------------
Super Smash Bros. Fan, 111 wrote:@xvart: Your response to my question is fair enough, when looking over it. However, we should all keep in mind that this is adversite as a "non-serious theme" in the sign-up thread, so it'll be especially difficult to differentiate between actual game-related/item-related flavor or just plain flavor.
Good point about flavor. I had forgotten about the post in the sign-up thread.

------------
hiphop, 114 wrote:Now you never answered my question-reaction? You said overreacted. To do that i would have to react. And then i would have had to act against or opposition too. Which I have not. If anything I acted first and everybody reacted to me. So, reaction?
I think we both know that I was not referring to you asking about the T_T being overreaction. I was referring to this response where you seemed to go off the deep end over something so trivial and minor.
hiphop, 114 wrote:
xvart wrote:
hiphop, 29 wrote:xvart-Reaction?
Oh, now I see. So now your post 14 was a complicated plot to get a reaction vote by overreacting to something so stupid and meaningless and accusing him of dodging your questions about the Korean smiley face? If that is the case, what reaction were you expecting? And, more importantly, what about his reaction made you think he was not scum (I assume since you promptly unvoted him)?
In the words of captain jack sparrow, "Now you're not making any sense at all. " The first question is no, which of course means that the next two questions are voided, because they are only asked if the first question is a yes, which of course it is not. Accusing him of not answering a question was the same type of post as me saying the tears(what google said it was) was tnt.
Then apparently I was confused by your lengthy post answering my question about your overreaction by simply saying "xvart-reaction?" I thought you were saying that your overreaction was actually fishing for a reaction.
hiphop, 114 wrote:xvartWhat is the difference between charter being scum to xscorpion?
The only concern I have about Xscorp is his rolefishing. Oh, and his and robocopter's back and forth about some other game was mildly annoying, but that doesn't tell me anything about alignment.
hiphop, 114 wrote:Seriously after reading this post it was obv that the mod was playing along.
It was really that obvious? It couldn't possibly be because the target was bulletproof?
hiphop, 114 wrote:What is the difference between the mod ignoring the point and the mod responding like he did? And don't come back and say the timing was off for the vig-kill, like you said in iso 8, when truly at the time you didn't believe any such thing. Did you not say that a fake day-vig is scummy? It was a fake day vig. Looks a lot like back pedaling to me.
The difference is that if the mod had not said anything at all and continued with the game it would have obviously been fake. Since something was said, it made me question it. And I did not say that fake day vigging is scummy. I said that in the context of this situation it would be more indicative of a hasty and over eager scum than town.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Wow, Charter...I ask you one question and suddenly I'm on your radar?
Charter wrote:
Jenniwren is shaping up nicely for the slot of lurkerscum
, we'll have to see how that pans out as time goes by.
Actually
now that I actually read
her post 53, I believe we've got another scum hooked.
Does that underlined part mean that I get to be the one you pretend to scumhunt? Or does it just mean you decided I was scum before you even read what I wrote, and then you "justified" calling me scum by pointing back to my post? Is this how you're telling scumbuddies to start building a case on me? Do you have pre-labeled slots to fill? Is "slot" a slip?

By the way, I'm hardly lurking. This is my third post, and I'm only just now ready to comment on anything; and I've had something to say every time I have checked this thread today. (I'm sorry if I can't post as manically as you do, but some of us do have other things to do in life, and when I post, I like to actually have something meaningful to say.) Before I discuss the results of my scumhunting, though, I would like to point out that you never really explain what you think is scummy about my post. Care to share? (I offer my theory about it a little further down in this post, but I would just LOVE to hear what drivel you come up with.)

I will also be answering your question as to whom I would vote for right now at the end of the post, and the question about what I think about XScorp right now.

Thoughts thus far:

XScorp brought trouble on his own head by rolefishing/etc., as did Xvart by having an overreactive hissy fit, and early on, Robo by self-voting. If they aren't scum, then they have all put big fat targets on their heads with sloppy, sloppy,
sloppy
play, which makes it cake for the scum to mark them as easy mislynches. (It seems you've cleared Robo for the VI role, though, since you're tagging XScorp and building a case that includes his refusal to unvote Robo.)

Anyway, since you're so fond of tossing out lists of names and trying to make cases on them, then let's turn it around and see how the shoe fits on your tiny little leprechaun feet. Call it OMGUS if you like, "but I have to start somewhere. Am I expecting everyone else to think the same as me?" (Quoting Charter, btw) And yes, once I point out their super-scumminess, yes, I expect them to agree with me.

Most Likely Scum Team Day One:

Charter, Spyre, and Kirby:

You're the scumteam and you set up the fake daykill. Spyre comes in and says "Welp, Charter is town," implying you're bulletproof, when there are several other reasons that could account for your survival. Kirby shoulders a few questions about his move, but no one really believes he's scum, so we listen to you rattle on and on about who you think is scum and submit to answering your neverending questions about our top suspects.

As for you, Charter:
Charter wrote:I've already identified three town.
Does this mean you know which three people you're going to make sure are proven town for easier NKs? Or are you speculating on masons?
Charter wrote:The rest of you are making this very difficult to figure out who his buddies are (except Sawyer, who is making it very easy to see he is scum).
Having trouble finding believable patsies, are we?
Charter wrote:Spyrex and Robo, who do you think are XScorpion's buddies?
Asking Spyre to confirm the best choices of patsies? (I have more to say about his response later.) Including Robo because he has a known beef with XScorp and because he ISN'T scum so that at no time are the three of you connected together in this exact kind of post so that if we DO manage to out you that we might slip up and miss your third?
Charter wrote:After SSBF and Sawyer's latest posts, I'm feeling better about them. XScorpion, on the other hand, is digging his grave with a bulldozer
Moving on and dropping SSBF and Sawyer from your potential mislynch list? Or feeling that they are reading more as obv-town for your OTHER list, you know, the NK one?
Your answer to that:
Charter wrote:I got the sense that they were interested in answering my questions in a direct manor. I put myself in their shoes and answered the question, and I came up with something similar to what they said.
is still fishy because the initial comment came at the end of a long post of quoted quotes and was a bit non sequitor, and I don't buy the explanation.

Spyre
pops in and actively lurks every now and then. Reading Spyre in ISO is like eating cotton candy. All sugar, and no smack (or maybe too MUCH smack); his posts add up to a whole lot of NOTHING meaningful in the way of scumhunting.

Seriously:
SpyreX wrote:Welp, Charter is town. Lol, reactions is still stupid though. ON THE PLUS SIDE: Given a smalltown setup and there's really actual role to scum speculation going on? Seriously? However:
Vote: Zang
One does not get to swim in the sewage that is that discussion, give a response, and then opt to not vote. No sir
"Confirming" that Charter is Town?
SpyreX wrote:Hahahahahahahahaha
Unvote, Vote: XScorpion
God I love it when its easy.
Hmmm...easy to frame someone?
SpyreX wrote:Keep on keepin on little scorpion. Lol, rvs isn't a great move in the best of situations. Lol, rvs at charter and this slap and tickle fight is too good to be true.
More of the easy-frame stuff?
SpyreX wrote:One actually sort of useful post about white noise, but not tooooo useful.
SpyreX wrote:
At this moment its not as clean as he is. However, if I'm right I'd eat a hat if you or Robo were scum with him. Kirby could be with that lowball "did the mod SAY you were a vig business" but doubtful. If I had to put the cash down I'd say Zang and one of the voiceless (Jenni, Sawyer). MAAaayabe xvart with a power chainsaw not realizing.
I am pretty sure this can be interpreted as "Scorp is the obvious lynch; I'm clearing three of you, and I kind of have to say Zang since I kind of voted for him already; Jenni/Sawyer haven't talked much lately, and maybe we can get away with saying she and XVart are his scumbuddies b/c if we can make her post #53 seem like she is tossing a chainsaw to XVart."

Kirby
, man, I want to love you so much because your avatar rocks so freaking hard, and you got my joke, but I am going to call you on the carpet with these guys, and your ISO is just as fishy.

Your vote for SSBF: Pointing out your first choice for mason and/or proven town OR for framing for a mislynch? What message was Charter sending when he said he "feels better" about him?

Your next two posts are sticky sweet fluff.

You then come in and post this right after Spyre:
Kirbyoshi wrote:I support lynches of either player whose name starts with X. They've both been really scummy on their own (no use simply parroting everything), and
I could DEFINITELY see them as buddies
(but let's not get ahead of ourselves).
As for which is scummier, they're about equal to me tbh. But since Scorp has more votes: Unvote SSBF, Vote: Xscorpion L-2
Going along with the choice of Xvart as XScorp's first buddy but cautioning your friends to be careful not to plan too far ahead?

If I am wrong, prove it.

Vote: Charter

For fluffy posts, bullying tactics, and being obv-scum. Go back and reread the thread and see his leading questions. See yourselves answer them and spoonfeed him what he needs to set everyone up. None of them are actively scumhunting, and what Charter is passing off as such is asking a lot of leading questions, making a lot of unsupported claims, fluff, and messages to other players. He and his little gang are attempting to lead us around by the nose, and we need to stop it, now.

xo, Sugarbear.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:58 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@jenni, I want to love you too, but that post sucked so hard that you lost almost all town cred with me. Think you could NOT simply assume people are scum when you post? kthx.
jenni wrote:Your vote for SSBF: Pointing out your first choice for mason and/or proven town OR for framing for a mislynch?
Um, no. I was actually following Incognito's theory. It states that, 50% of the time, the first non-mod to post in the thread is scum. Pretty good odds for a first vote, don't you think? That, and I know SSBF from another site, and like I said in the same post as my vote, it kind of a "hai" thing.
jenni wrote:Going along with the choice of Xvart as XScorp's first buddy but cautioning your friends to be careful not to plan too far ahead?
Um, no. I was actually cautioning town to not look too far ahead, but saying that if Scorp flips scum, Xvart is my pick for his buddy.

Your cases on all three of us are so weak. I don't even know where you got them from. Stop playing so dumb, we have Robo to do that.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:10 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

What the hell?

Sorry guys, I'm here, will get caught up.
Sawyer
Sawyer
Goon
Sawyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:13 am

Post by Sawyer »

After not posting for a little while, I hate to have to follow Jenni's megapost with this small thing, but this all I really have to say. But Jenni does bring up some nice points on Charter and Spyre; not so sure about Kirby though. I'm more comfortable with my xvart vote though so far.
Charter wrote:I have no idea why he's voting Xvart. Do you?
You don't? Then what did you get out of my post in post 49?

BTW, Scorp was fairly accurate in what he thought, but SSBF was dead on in post 111.
Xvart wrote:Yes, I suppose I was a little hasty in my comment and did overreact a tad. I don't think my vote on Kirby is necessary at this point. The reason I didn't immediately vote like I said was because there was the mod's flavor in the vote count, which confused me. I couldn't determine if it was actual game/ability related flavor or the mod writing flavor about the events that had occurred regardless of any truth to the actions. The point about the joke is well taken, and that is what I alluded to when I said there was an alternative that I would consider. Typically I would still vote for something like this because I vote for things that I do not see town motivation behind; and a joke like that could be considered such.
Ok, so Kirby says it was a fake daykill, charter is still alive and you would typically "still vote for something like that"? Well, what were you waiting for? You say a vote is unnecessary at this point, but give no reason why. All you did in that paragraph was continue to say why you should've voted Kirby... yet, you never did.
"They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same."

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:50 am

Post by xvart »

Sawyer, 121 wrote:Ok, so Kirby says it was a fake daykill, charter is still alive and you would typically "still vote for something like that"? Well, what were you waiting for? You say a vote is unnecessary at this point, but give no reason why. All you did in that paragraph was continue to say why you should've voted Kirby... yet, you never did.
Kirby didn't say it was a fake daykill until much, much later. As you may recall, when I responded to you originally in post 44 I said that I didn't know what to think now that the mod had written the flavor that he did. Also, the reason I'm not voting for something that I normally would; I've found Charter to be scummy enough to garner my vote over something I would normally vote and prod on in the first few pages.

And, I wasn't explaining why I should have voted Kirby; I was explaining my reasoning why I was going to vote him if events transpired a certain way; which they did not.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:55 am

Post by hiphop »

xvart wrote:I think we both know that I was not referring to you asking about the T_T being overreaction. I was referring to this response where you seemed to go off the deep end over something so trivial and minor.
that is right-seem. Look I am not going to argue whether I overeacted, undereacted, or just gave people something to talk anout, what I want to know is does that make me scum? If not why are you making pure noise?
xvart wrote:
hiphop, 114 wrote:xvartWhat is the difference between charter being scum to xscorpion?
The only concern I have about Xscorp is
his rolefishing
You just gave one of the biggest scumtells and act like it is nothing. What has charter really done that has counter this scumtell?
xvart wrote:
hiphop, 114 wrote:Seriously after reading this post it was obv that the mod was playing along.
It was really that obvious? It couldn't possibly be because the target was bulletproof?
With a fruitloop? :D Sure like that will pass. I throw a fruitloop at you, I wonder if you will die.
xvart wrote:The difference is that if the mod had not said anything at all and continued with the game it would have obviously been fake. Since something was said, it made me question it. And I did not say that fake day vigging is scummy.
I said that in the context of this situation it would be more indicative of a hasty and over eager scum than town.
It was fake. Therefore a vote was in order, yet you come back and say no, why? Anyone here say that the bolded is not saying something is scummy? In fact I would go and say that he is saying it is a scumtell, just with more words. So why do you not vote? Anyone ever heard of lynch all liars?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:59 am

Post by hiphop »

xvart wrote:And, I wasn't explaining why I should have voted Kirby; I was explaining my reasoning why I was going to vote him if events transpired a certain way; which they did not.
xvart wrote:I will be voting you after the next votecount if charter does not die.
Ok, I believe you, charter did not die so you did not vote. Got it<----sarcasm. They did transpire a certain way. It is all in the 2nd quote.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”