NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:51 am

Post by flinter »

Wickedestjr wrote:flinter's beginning to raise my suspicions. First the bad points against Xite and now he has completely ignored Mysterio's defense of my point against him. It's like either he wants to sit back and watch me decide the next move or he isn't paying attention to the person he's voting for.
It is the last, I wasn't really paying attention. Mysterio's post didn't seem to answer the opportunism. And I'm a she ;)

Investigation

The reasons I followed:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Mysterio:

First he votes JDodge for being so confident in his read on Danakillsu, but then later decides the case against Danakillsu was good (the case consisted of things that had happened before Mysterio voted JDodge). He looks like opportunistic scum. If the case against Danakillsu was really that good, then why did he vote JDodge after it happened before he eventually switched to Dana?
Vote: Mysterio
The facts
Mysterio wrote:
Unvote

Vote: JDodge

Way too sure of his reads this early in the game when half the players haven't even posted yet.
Mysterio wrote:@dana, what specifically has Frank done to make you think he is scum? So far, I've only gathered an OMGUS vote and you complaining that he might be making a weak case against you (hint: it's not weak). These are not scum tells, that is simply you pissed off at the notion that someone wants you lynched.

Also, I still don't understand how anyone can be so sure of a read this early in the game. It could very well be possible that dana is just playing terribly, you can't know for sure. To act as if it's an open and shut case and we should lynch a few pages after the game started is ridiculous. Both JDodge and now Frank are guilty of this.
Mysterio wrote:
Furcolow wrote:Thank you for saying my case isn't weak. You flip-flop on this somewhat by discrediting it for being early on in the game.
Not at all. I said your case wasn't weak, not that dana is sure fire scum, which is what you've continuously implied in your posts. He is indeed the scummiest player
so far
, which is why I wanted to give him a chance to explain his weak scumhunting case against you. Having said that...
dana wrote:@ Mysterio
I could understand if you didn't read the thread, but if you did...what? How can you not know what Furc has done? The very first post I made in our argument lays it out clearly. His posts have been full of self-contradictions, confusing/invalid logic, and assumptions used as proof. He wants UA lynched more but is voting for me, for instance. And he wants the day to end ASAP judging by the nature of his posts.
This is a completely worthless reply. I asked you to explain yourself, not just repeat your claims. I saw no contradictions in his posts, and everything else you've just repeated is exactly what I already categorized as you thinking Frank has a weak case against you. Even if I were to accept your claims 100%, at worst it simply means Frank is wrong about you. It does NOT, however, mean that he is scummy. That is something you've failed to make a valid case for.

As it happens, you've neither shown that Frank is wrong or explained how he is scummy. As such, I'll go ahead and
Unvote
Vote: dana
Now, the first quote of Mysterio is his second vote. As I read it, it wasn't intended to be random, but the vote on Jdodge is bad. In the second post, he pulls the breaks on the Dana wagon. It's going too fast, people are too confident.

And suddenly, by the next post, when Frank mentions that Mysterio gives off a mixed signal, he follows the largest bandwagon. That is opportunism.

Now, his defensive post in no way answers the problem that Mysterio went from "he isn't surefire scum and he might be a terrible player" to "vote Dana". I don't really care about "the case that he agreed with", I care about his switch in thoughts about how the game should be played day 1 (from opposing to joining the bandwagon)
please, don't kill me.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Mysterio »

Are you deliberately ignoring dana's reply to me which caused me to vote for him, or are you just hoping no one notices it?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Benmage »

Readin this game is painful…chillin at post 191, pg 8ish…I need a break:
Furcolow wrote:Then a personal shot at Benmage too, which is scum trying to incur the town into a town on town fight imo.
Furcolow wrote: Our plan: I say we lynch dana, and if he's mafia, we decide between UA and BenMage.
How did you draw these 2 different conclusions in the same post, 110?

Post 117, what’s quicktime? You mean quicktopic?

Shanba wrote: +1 whoever called out benmage.
What’s this about?

Furcolow wrote: as I have been saying that BenMage might be the better candidate for our leads.
Yeah....you never say why tho.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:19 am

Post by flinter »

Mysterio wrote:Are you deliberately ignoring dana's reply to me which caused me to vote for him, or are you just hoping no one notices it?
Does that change anything about your idea that we should end the game too soon, and we should be too confident?

I fail to see how anything dana says should change your opinion about how fast a lynch should go in general.
please, don't kill me.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Mysterio »

flinter wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Are you deliberately ignoring dana's reply to me which caused me to vote for him, or are you just hoping no one notices it?
Does that change anything about your idea that we should end the game too soon, and we should be too confident?

I fail to see how anything dana says should change your opinion about how fast a lynch should go in general.
Is this a serious question? Of course my opinion on a fast lynch will change depending on how scummy the suspected player acts. I gave him a chance to explain himself and also make a case against Frank. He did neither. Why would I not vote for him at that point?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I still think Mysterio's vote for dana was opportunistic, but the contradiction is no longer there imo.

Vote: BunnyLover
. Probably my top suspect at the moment now.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:51 am

Post by flinter »

Mysterio wrote:
flinter wrote:

I fail to see how anything dana says should change your opinion about how fast a lynch should go
in general.
Is this a serious question? Of course my opinion on a fast lynch will change depending on how scummy the suspected player acts. I gave him a chance to explain himself and also make a case against Frank. He did neither. Why would I not vote for him at that point?
Bolded what you forgot.

and taking your quote again:
Also, I still don't understand how anyone can be so sure of a read this early in the game. It could very well be possible that dana is just playing terribly, you can't know for sure. To act as if it's an open and shut case and we should lynch a few pages after the game started is ridiculous. Both JDodge and now Frank are guilty of this.
sometimes you don't want a lynch because it is too early, or because the scumhunting has been mostly on one person and you'd like to investigate others. Such a stance we see in the above quote.

Pre-view edit: Wicked, I find opportunism to be a more accurate tell then "contradictions".
please, don't kill me.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Fair enough. I like my vote for Bunny Lover though. This isn't the first time I have seen a player say that they have nothing to comment on, but this is page 11, so there's really no excuse. I'm also just shocked that she doesn't have anything to say about Dana or Furcolow.
-Wickedestjr
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Furcolow »

danakillsu wrote:@ flinter
It seems to me you're telling me not to make posts of my impressions or testosterone-fueled posts, or whatever, but your impression of what is backing my posts is making you ignore their actual content.
I think I've done a good job of showing Furc to be scum
but you are refusing to deal with the actual meat of my case against him
. And I find it hard to believe that you are advising me to take this game more seriously. The only post that wasn't serious was my first.
HoS: Hiphop
Do you really not care at all about this game?
There is no case you've provided on me. Your case is this:
1) nitpicking
2) not liking where my vote is because you are overly nervous scum
3) blatant omgus
danakillsu wrote:@ flinter
You say the last thing I should do is take the game seriously, but everyone gets suspicious when I try to have some fun with the RVS. How do you propose I rectify such a situation in the future?
Also, I just don't understand why simply because we are arguing about a lot of stuff, it is all worthless. Just because
I give a lot of reasons why Furc is scum
and give more than a few contradictions in his posts, it just somehow automatically makes everything null. I think I'm going insane...
You already are insane. I would be going insane if I was scum at L-2 or L-1 too.
I'm sorry that you are about to be lynched as scum, but you know how that goes. It happens.
You are doing more of saying that you think I'm scum than actually providing reasons. These past 2 quotes aren't even all that I could find. I don't really feel like putting down 3, 4, or 5 quotes of you doing this, as two show properly that you have been attacking without a case this entire game. You also purposefully ignored half of my post and twisted my words to suit your needs, which is frustrating, but i'll have the last laugh when you flip scum
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Furcolow »

@"Xite": Because, as I said, Frank could be just working really hard to get a townie lynched, as I only see newbscum doing this, I'm not sure if that's the case, but Frank does seem pretty newbish
You joined this site when? June? You're 19? I'm not the best player in the world yet, but I am both older than you and more experienced than you when it comes to mafia. I have played in about 20+ games so far on and off site, and I have a very good win ratio if you factor in TL.

Your case on me is "he
COULD
be doing this" when I'm fucking not? I am quite fucking good as scum, when I am in charge, but you won't get to see that this game. I would rather come out with a great fakeclaim and utterly confuse the town than try to bus anyone. If you want links of me being scum on another site, which you will need to request access for, go right ahead and ask me nicely. I am not a newb whatsoever, though I have been "playing the newb card" on this site so far, so you can get that concept out of your head. It is a strategy I have been employing, and I am unhappy with the results, so I'm changing my play as you have seen this game. I am not playing in this thread the way I did on my other site a few months ago. I have evolved my play there even moreso, but I realized I have to actually gain some cred on this site before I can make the change to the style I like to employ now, as it requires it.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Wickedestjr wrote:Fair enough. I like my vote for Bunny Lover though. This isn't the first time I have seen a player say that they have nothing to comment on, but this is page 11, so there's really no excuse. I'm also just shocked that she doesn't have anything to say about Dana or Furcolow.
He :D. And I have commented on their agurment, saying it gave me a headache, because honestly I just found it dumb. But why only focus on those two? There is several people who have commented on other people play style, but it seem everyone who confronts me always ask why I haven't commented on them two :<. Honestly neither of those two people seem scum to me, thats my opinion on them. Now I predict about 7 people are going to attack me because I said that. If I have something to say/comment on/defend/attack or w/e I will post. Out of 24 people, I'm more then sure not all of them have posted, I am confident to say at least 15 people have posted out of 24, but yes lets focus on the guy who is posting, just not anything that is worth wild.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Bunnylover wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Fair enough. I like my vote for Bunny Lover though. This isn't the first time I have seen a player say that they have nothing to comment on, but this is page 11, so there's really no excuse. I'm also just shocked that she doesn't have anything to say about Dana or Furcolow.
He :D. And I have commented on their agurment, saying it gave me a headache, because honestly I just found it dumb.
Actually, you said "You all give me a headache". You have yet to give your feelings on anybody.
Bunnylover wrote:But why only focus on those two? There is several people who have commented on other people play style, but it seem everyone who confronts me always ask why I haven't commented on them two :<.
Their debate is the main topic of discussion imo, and I figured any townie had to have some opinion regarding them.
Bunnylover wrote:Honestly neither of those two people seem scum to me, thats my opinion on them.
Why couldn't you have said this before?
Bunnylover wrote:Now I predict about 7 people are going to attack me because I said that. If I have something to say/comment on/defend/attack or w/e I will post.
This indicates to me that the reason you weren't giving reads in the first place was because you were afraid of what people would think.
Bunnylover wrote:Out of 24 people, I'm more then sure not all of them have posted, I am confident to say at least 15 people have posted out of 24, but yes lets focus on the guy who is posting, just not anything that is worth wild.
If all the people that hadn't posted their opinions yet waited for everybody else to show up and post their opinions then none of them would. You shouldn't wait for the others to begin posting their opinions because you haven't either. Why do they need to post their opinions first? Also, this is a terrible excuse.
-Wickedestjr
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Bunnylover »

@ Wick: I could have sworn I did say that neither seem townie before when I was confronted the first time, but I probably implied it :<. And no, I was just stating that people would start attacking to show how some people player style were which are to pressure and tunnel on the smallest thing. And the last thing, that wasn't what I was trying to say. I was saying that I don't see why I am getting confronted for "lurking" when their are several more people who haven't posted and yet no one has called them out for "lurking".
Show
I have played 25 games:

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Porochaz »

Furcolow wrote:
@"Xite": Because, as I said, Frank could be just working really hard to get a townie lynched, as I only see newbscum doing this, I'm not sure if that's the case, but Frank does seem pretty newbish
You joined this site when? June? You're 19? I'm not the best player in the world yet, but I am both older than you and more experienced than you when it comes to mafia. I have played in about 20+ games so far on and off site, and I have a very good win ratio if you factor in TL.
I have played 60+ games, and I have a bigger penis... oh wait, I don't care.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Robbnva »

hey there, replacement player here, will try and catch up fast, gotta watch my team play football tonight but after that or tomorrow I will be up to speed.

if someone can give me a quick recap of where we are at right now, that would be a big bonus for me

thanks,
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Porochaz »

Bunnylover wrote:
He :D. And I have commented on their agurment, saying it gave me a headache, because honestly I just found it dumb. But why only focus on those two? There is several people who have commented on other people play style, but it seem everyone who confronts me always ask why I haven't commented on them two :<. Honestly neither of those two people seem scum to me, thats my opinion on them. Now I predict about 7 people are going to attack me because I said that. If I have something to say/comment on/defend/attack or w/e I will post. Out of 24 people, I'm more then sure not all of them have posted, I am confident to say at least 15 people have posted out of 24, but yes lets focus on the guy who is posting, just not anything that is worth wild.
Whilst I'm drunk and being a bit of a shit, you have fucked about. Its not that you have gone "oh Im going to be wimpy on this issue" its the fact that you are actively not been useful at all. Why only focus on those 2? Hey, here's a question WHY DON'T YOU FOCUS ON SOMEONE ELSE THEM, HMMM? If neither of those 2 people aren't scum, why aren't they? You havent answered that. Who is? You haven't answered that. Are you going to make an effort to even go down a different route considering you dont agree with anything said so far. No your not going to make an effort. So now you wonder when 7 people attack you. Hey, maybe 9 people haven't posted yet, but at least they have the potential to be useful. You are clearly about as useful as a deflated balloon.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Porochaz »

Robbnva wrote:hey there, replacement player here, will try and catch up fast, gotta watch my team play football tonight but after that or tomorrow I will be up to speed.

if someone can give me a quick recap of where we are at right now, that would be a big bonus for me

thanks,
There is 11 pages, 266 posts, if you don't have time at the moment fair enough but really it shouldn't take you long, the 11 pages are full of excitment, anger, emotion, a love affair between Flameaxe and some eggnogfas and I stubbed my toe at about page 7 and since then Ive been getting more drunk.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Will post content very soon.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by danakillsu »

I'm a cop. Breadcrumb in iso 23 "Could Of Played". Will post more at around 9:30 CST.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Shit.
Unvote
A bit flimsy but the breadcrumb helps.
green shirt thursdays
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Porochaz wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:
Whilst I'm drunk and being a bit of a shit, you have fucked about. Its not that you have gone "oh Im going to be wimpy on this issue" its the fact that you are actively not been useful at all. Why only focus on those 2? Hey, here's a question WHY DON'T YOU FOCUS ON SOMEONE ELSE THEM, HMMM? If neither of those 2 people aren't scum, why aren't they? You havent answered that. Who is? You haven't answered that. Are you going to make an effort to even go down a different route considering you dont agree with anything said so far. No your not going to make an effort. So now you wonder when 7 people attack you. Hey, maybe 9 people haven't posted yet, but at least they have the potential to be useful. You are clearly about as useful as a deflated balloon.
You play your way and I'll play my way :).
Also, if Dana isn't lieing about his claim it seems my way was more right, seeing as I did not believe he was scum.
Also I don't "focus" on people because that stupid to me, it gives a chance of mafia to join in on a lynch.
Also if I said who is scum, would they not go on the defensive? Would that not allow them to protect themselves, telling them they are playing a little to risky?
Like I said in my very very first post in the game, I don't go around voting on people who are slightly scum, I vote on people who I know are scum.
Show
I have played 25 games:

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Wickedestjr wrote:@Mysterio - Okay. Makes sense.
Unvote.

Xite wrote:1: Throwing spaghetti much with all those IGMEOYs?
2: I can understand suspecting quite a few people, but the way you did it without voting anyone makes me think you're looking for a reaction
1: Umm...what?
2: First of all, I have voted. I voted Mysterio. Second of all, is there a problem with me looking for reactions? What is the point of this statement?

Xite, do you think flinter's attack against you is suspicious?
It's not as suspicious as other things, but something to keep noted for sure.
Furcolow wrote:
I lol'd.
Probably too hard.
I have been playing for at least a year and a half and have played over 40 or so IRL games (It's big where I was at)
Also, I have been watching online games way too much more than I should and I have even completed a few of my own. Most of my games on this site are ongoing, but hey, that doesn't mean I'm inexperienced.
Also, don't ever rule out the idea of an alt (not that I am one)

Prozac, you're frickin hilarious and it's an honor to play with you.
danakillsu wrote:I'm a cop. Breadcrumb in iso 23 "Could Of Played". Will post more at around 9:30 CST.
xRECKONERx wrote:Shit.
Unvote
A bit flimsy but the breadcrumb helps.
Not seeing how the "breadcrumb" says anything. But still, I'm not so apt to believe him.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Oh shit I forgot one of my points.
@Frank, you said that you can give me your meta on another site, that you then went to say that you're playing differently on this site than that one altogether? So what would that prove?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by singersigner »

danakillsu wrote:I'm a cop. Breadcrumb in iso 23 "Could Of Played". Will post more at around 9:30 CST.
Not sure I buy it. How easy is it for scum to slip in one little thing after playing a poor game (as previously lain out by other players, e.g. self-contradictions)? If you were really the cop, you needed to play a much more cautious game than the one you've been playing.

However, I will UNVOTE: for now, since there's not really a way of proving anything right now, and it's a fool's play to risk lynching a cop the first day.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Stopped my re-read to say I don't buy the cop claim. I can say I bread-crumbed Compulsive Self-Voter (Survivor), but that doesn't mean that I am one.

Back to reading.

God I hate this game.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”