Newbie 980 ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by CSL »

The Delta Farce Vote Count

Beefster (2) Zajnet, Mr. Flay

Mr. Flay (1) jmurph3

Not Voting: Nexus, singersigner, Earlder1, Beefster

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Sunday, August 22nd, at 7:00pm EST

There are SEVEN alive, so FOUR votes on a player will lynch.

V/LA's and Prods

Zajnet has been prodded

Earlder1 is a few hours until his final prod (and now, updating these votecounts to this version, I realized I missed his V/LA!)

Nexus is V/LA until the 18th

Etc.

Sorry you didn't make it to the drumline, singer. Maybe next time? :)

Moving this into a new page...
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by Zajnet »

Sorry for getting prodded.

Nice breadcrumbs jmurph, so let's lynch scum.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Mr. Flay
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Beefster »

Wow. Those are some sexy breadcrumbs.

Vote: Mr. Flay
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Say goodnight, Gracie.

VOTE: Mr. Flay
Retired as of October 2014.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by CSL »

Earlder1 is being prodded.

Also, Zajnet, your vote was not in color, so a lynch has not been reached. However, I'm letting it go as there is no way to stop the lynch. End of day scene forthcoming.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by CSL »

The End of Day 2 Vote Count

Mr. Flay (4) jmurph3, Zajnet, Beefster, Mr. Flay

Not Voting: Nexus, singersigner, Earlder1

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Sunday, August 22nd, at 7:00pm EST

There are SEVEN alive, so FOUR votes on a player will lynch.

Lynch Count Reached

V/LA's and Prods

Earlder1 has been prodded. He needs to respond via PM within 48 hours (and now, updating these votecounts to this version, I realized I missed his V/LA!)

Nexus is V/LA until the 18th

Etc.

Sorry you didn't make it to the drumline, singer. Maybe next time? :)

The sun is barely on it's descent when you all string up
Mr. Flay
. Was jmurph telling the truth?

Apparently so, as Mr. Flay not only had a gun in his pocket, but various tools to stop people from leaving their homes.

You all party through the night, having gotten rid of one scum.

Mr. Flay was lynched Day 2. He was a Mafia Roleblocker!

It is now Night 2. All actions are due at 7:00pm EST on the 18th of August. All actions not received by that time will be forgone. Mafia may use their QT at this time.
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by CSL »

I am keeping this thread open, because I do not want to repeat locking/unlocking this thread to post messages.

IF YOU POST IN HERE BEFORE I ANNOUNCE DAY 3, YOU WILL FACE A POSSIBLE MODKILL!

Earlder1 has failed to respond to his prod via PM. A replacement search has commenced. Deadline has been suspended until I get a replacement.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by CSL »

Nikanor replaces Earlder1, effective immediately.

Night 2 ends Thursday, August 19th, at 7:00pm EST. The thread will be locked as soon as I edit the OP.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by CSL »

Blame life. I'll be busy all day tomorrow.

You wake up to a beautiful morning. You get yourself breakfast, then walk outside to smell the fresh air, and various body parts all over your yard. You find the head of
Zajnet
impaled upon a giant pillar. Grotesqued by the sight, you search his house, and indeed he was telling the truth.

Zajnet was killed Night 2. He was the Town Doctor.

Deadline is Thursday, September 9th, 2010, at 7:00pm EST. No more QT usage until night.

The Start of Day 3 Vote Count

Not Voting: jmurph3, Nexus, singersigner, Nikanor, Beefster

Deadline and Lynch info

Currently set for Thursday, August 9th, at 7:00pm EST

There are FIVE alive, so THREE votes on a player will lynch.

V/LA's and Prods

Etc.
Last edited by CSL on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:08 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Ok, so I'll start things off: I investigated Nexus last night, and he's innocent (go him!).

I originally intended to investigate the Earlder slot, but my main suspicions on Earlder stemmed from his inactivity/active lurking, meaning that the slot could be less scummy today than yesterday. I investigated Nexus because of a few things I saw on D2 that stood out to me (if anyone wants to know what they were, just ask).

Obviously, the scum is either singersigner, Nikanor, or Beefster. I will be doing ISOs on each of these to see what I can get from them.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Nexus »

I'd like to know, just for future reference and some such so as I know what to do next time. (Since this is a newbie game and all).

I think it's a given you're probably gone for the next night, so we need to make sure today we find a townie.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP!

...damnit.

That'll teach me to post straight after waking up. We need to make sure we find a scum! Not a townie. Townie would be very bad indeed!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 am

Post by singersigner »

Nexus was actually up there along with Beefster as far as my top two scum suspects go...though my suspicions were mostly from D1, so I'm interested as to what you saw in D2 (for sake of not giving scum ideas, I'd prefer we talk about that after the game considering he's already innocent). But it's good we narrowed that down.

Also, Nexus, we'll be able to talk more about your game play after the game is over. If you had asked about that before you were confirmed innocent, I would've taken that as fishing for coaching on "how to play innocent when you're scum," know what I mean?

Anyway, I'll post more thoughts tomorrow night after band camp is officially over (today was a later start so all the rookies/non-locals could move into the dorms).

And...welcome Nikanor!
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Nexus »

Yeah, I know. I wouldn't have asked that if I hadn't have been cleared, that would've been even stupider than my current play xP
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Beefster »

Obviously, I have 2 suspects.

I noticed that singersigner really got down to business yesterday... which I'm inclined to believe is a townie behavior in this case. That only leaves Nikanor, which makes sense based on Flay's and Earlder's voting patterns. If you notice, neither of them voted for each other.
Vote: Nikanor
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Nexus wrote:That'll teach me to post straight after waking up. We need to make sure we find a scum! Not a townie. Townie would be very bad indeed!
Actually, if we can determine with a good amount of certainty that one of the three uncleared people is town, we win by lynching the other two. I'll probably be working to this end since I seem to suck at finding scum.

Anyway, I haven't caught up yet but I intend to do so sometime within the next three weeks! Stay tuned~.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Just wanted to check in and say that I'm still here. Life has been a bit hectic of late, but I promise a more substantive post sometime in the near future (most likely tomorrow).
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by CSL »

Uh, if I see 24 hours without a post, from now on, you will lose a day. I'm considering a massprod right now.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by Nexus »

Hope this is alright, thought I'd try and be helpful.

BagSquad/Kov/Singersigner:
Bagsquad didn't really do much-four posts: random vote, unvote two days later, telling millar13 to behave, and then to claim he was reading the thread. Which didn't amount to anything except replacement.

Kov. Says it's his first game. Fine. Answer's Haylen's questions, but from BagSquad's perspective...not sure how that's possible, but whatever. He votes me, but then apologises for it, but still keeps his vote on. He didn't give a reason for himself, either, he just said "Most people who have voted you gave a reason, if you want I can quote them." He doesn't quote them.

He then tried to justify his vote on me, when challenged by jmurph3, as a "gambit." Except, he was happy to sacrifice a townie for his own ends. Fair enough. He then says "Even if I bait you and failed miserably." Bait me into what, exactly? I'm town, so why would I deliberately make myself look scummier when I've got nothing to lose.

Posted fluff.

When challenged about his vote, he decides he should suddenly ISO (yeah, reading the thread is a good idea), and unvotes.

He talks about the night kill. However, it is Flay who picks up on it, and as we know, Flay was scum. So, that leads me to believe that Kov is town, and Flay's trying to hang him out to dry-he could be betraying his scumbuddy, but since there's only two of them, what would be the point?

He went from being happy to vote, to not wanting to vote until near the deadline, which was confusing to say the least.

His last four posts-two of them were vote changing. Take from that what you will.

Singersigner: First post is good analysis, so well done there. There's not a lot else in her posts except general analysis of people which was/is mostly correct, imo.

I think Singersigner is town, purely because of the way Flay talks about Kov's mentioning of NK in an attempt to get him lynched. I can't see why Flay would lynch his only other scumbuddy.

Beefster:
First post: Random vote. Second post: Making sure the mod sees a vote against a confirmed (now) townie? Why would he care that early in the game? Seems alittle scummy.

He then unvoted, and then argues with Millar-as did most of us.

Votes Vamparific for no real reason or substance. Trying to get another wagon going to get rid of another town? Hmm.

He forgets that he had a vote on Vampirific when Haylen asks him. "Forgets."

His first real suspicions are of me: confirmed townie, and jmurph3: confirmed cop. And his third suspect is Haylen. So, three townies. Pretty hard to do unless you know who your scumbuddy is-it's possible, but highly unlikely.

He changes his vote from me, to jmurph, to Haylen, in the space of three days. I see this as scummy. He was also considering changing votes to Zajnet, another townie. SO, that's 4. I mean, I had suspicions of two of them, but even so.

He was sure he would be killed because he's a "pro-town" player. Why would a pro-town player say that? Surely you'd want to not highlight that. So yeah, I'm not liking him.

Votes for Zajnet despite Zajnet revealing his role.

Vote's Nikanor, but hasn't said anything since.

I'm very suspicious of Beefster.

Earlder1/Nikanor:
Random vote on me. Fair enough. Asks for previous experience...I don't really see the point, but whatever. Doesn't say anything for the entire millar13 drama.

His suspicions are: Haylen, Kov, myself, and jmurph. Three of them are town, and I believe Kov is too.

He puts Zajnet at L-1, but tells people to wait to hammer him. Possible scum-coaching? Although, his other scum buddy was Flay, who was on the Haylen wagon, so I dunno whether he'd hammer Zajnet having been such a follower of the Haylen wagon. So, I don't see too much in that.

Votes Zajnet the next day for being first day poster. Whatever.

He's another one who has only had suspicions on pro-town players. He also had very little interaction with Flay, whether that's a scumtell or not, Idk.

Nikanor hasn't done anything. Although, I don't like that it'll take three weeks to catch up, that's quite anti-town. Whatever.

Out of the three, I think Beefster is scum. His reasoning for voting Nikanor is flimsy-have you had that much interaction with Flay, Beefster? You were on the Flay wagon during the lynch, and you were on the Haylen wagon with myself, Flay and jmurph during the lynch of her. I haven't sene you and Flay talk all that much, though.
FoS:Beefster
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by Nexus »

Damnit bbcode tag fail.

Ignore the "I haven't seen you and Flay talk all that much, though, and the interaction with Flay bit. I meant to delete them, but got distracted-thinking about it, that's not really that good a case.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by singersigner »

First of all,
thankyouNexusforbeinganinvolvedconfirmedtownie.
In my last game, the confirmed townie just kind of rode his way through til the end, only posting content when prodded.

Second of all, my apologies for not posting like I said I would. IRL, there were some unfortunate happenings for my family in the past couple days, but I don't feel as though it's enough to take me away from my game play.

Lastly, like Beefster said, obviously
I
only have two suspects as well, so I will be looking further into his and Nikanor's/Earlder's isos tomorrow.
Nikanor wrote:Actually, if we can determine with a good amount of certainty that one of the three uncleared people is town, we win by lynching the other two. I'll probably be working to this end since I seem to suck at finding scum.
I agree that it would be convenient to determine with some certainty one of the three unconfirmeds left to be town, allowing us to lynch the other other two by trial an error; however, I feel like if we make a mistake today, only the last unconfirmed
real
townie would know who's scum for sure tomorrow. This plan makes sense, but only in a perfect world where we can trust the confirmed townies to make the right choice, know what I mean?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:29 am

Post by Nexus »

Just because I'm confirmed town, it's not guaranteed that we'll win. So, I thought I'd best get round to doing stuff and trying to weed out this remaining scum.

I'll be honest-I was convinced Kov was scum. However, reading through his iso, the fact that Flay almost threw him to the lions meant that I've lost some suspicion of him. That's not to say it's not still there, but eh.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Beefster »

Nexus: It's better to look at what we know rather than what we think we know. So I'm not really understanding what makes my case "flimsy."

We're 99.9% sure that jmurph is the cop because there hasn't been a CC, Zajnet was the Doctor, and Flay was the Roleblocker. Knowing that, we also are 99% sure that Nexus is a townie.
But more importantly, we know that Mr. Flay was scum. By knowing that, you need to look at his connections. He NEVER voted on Earlder and voted on Kov/singersigner, while Earlder followed suit in voting on Kov/singersigner. Earlder's general play WAS pretty iffy as well, which supports my theory even more- He asked a lot of questions and didn't really go anywhere with them. And he tunneled. Then when Nikanor steps in, he says that he'll catch up in the next 3 weeks and wants to find scum by trial-and-error.
Whereas when singersigner stepped in, she really got down to actual scumhunting, which isn't something I'd expect from scum.
Get to know a meat boy
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

At this point, I'm leaning towards singersigner as town. I had misgivings about kov, but those were mostly solved during the course of his play, and further solved when singersigner took over.

However, I'm torn over Beefster and Earlder/Nikanor. While at first I was leaning toward the Earlder slot, after an ISO I'm really not sure. Beefster definitely had some questionable things (the vote on Zaj after the claim, as well as the fact that he did not interact with Flay much either, even explicitly asking that we not tunnel him and not vote him right away). Granted, Flay voted for Beefster, but this definitely does not convince me that Flay wasn't bussing his partner.

At the same time, Beefster is right in pointing out that Flay never voted for Earlder, but he did mention him several times. Earlder's play was questionable, but I don't find Nikanor's statement as anything bad yet. I definitely want to hear more from him before I decide anything.

Moral of the story: I'm confused, and need to continue to read through things more.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by CSL »

Bump to next page for votecount.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O