Mini 1029: Boondox Mafia (GAME OVER!!!! )

cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by cloudocean »

Confirm.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:54 am

Post by cloudocean »

First game on this site. Have about a years worth of experience on another site.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:18 am

Post by cloudocean »

I'm jealous.

vote:el simo
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by cloudocean »

I'm with Skills.

unvote
vote: Jase
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by cloudocean »

Did I not make it clear enough? I agree with Skills that it seemed like Jase was exaggerating and it bothers me too.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by cloudocean »

Your intellect is truly dazzling. How do you ever lose this game?

Why isn't Skills on your Town or Scum list?
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by cloudocean »

EBWODP: How do you get a scum read on someone who hasn't posted yet?
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by cloudocean »

Didn't see he posted. Disagree with the first bit. Agree with the second part. Jase still needs a wagon. I could see Mysterio as scum though.

El Simo, you're worrying about something not worth worrying about.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by cloudocean »

I always have a 'codescending demeaner.'
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by cloudocean »

cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by cloudocean »

Bunny, do you agree with Scott?
el simo wrote:This is a fair point.
Lacking a vote or even a FoS. We're not playing a game of 'pussy,' backing up your words might serve you well.
vote: el simo
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by cloudocean »

el simo wrote:Hey guys check out this tough guy.

If you had half a brain you'd realize I'm not playing pussy I'm playing smart. I had a theory, someone presented a sensible counter argument and I agreed with them. Another player even debunked it further. Clearly it was a no go.

Why try push me into a poor strategy, using an ad hominem to boot? Doesn't seem like sensible town play.

vote:
dumbarse
cloudocean
Love it when scum make this game easy for me. Classic textbook overreaction. Second sentence is ambiguous in regards to your alignment. I don't see any real content in your posts and judging from your super carefulness with your vote, doesn't look like you're interested in putting pressure on anyone.

Next couple of sentences give me information that I already know. After a second glance, my previous example isn't good, but the meaning still stands: you haven't backed up anything with a vote, nor taken a clear stance in this game. And no, voting everyone and then saying you don't have anything worth voting for is not taking a stance. Town gets information by exerting pressure through votes, asking questions, and prodding for answers.

Last bit is lolz, didn't realize I was pushing you into poor strategy by encouraging a more frequent use of the town's main weapon against scum.

That aside, Bunny, not being able to push against Rai's "vibes" doesn't stop you from asking him questions and improving on your read of him.

More later.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:53 am

Post by cloudocean »

el simo wrote:
Hey guys check out this tough guy.

If you had half a brain
you'd realize I'm not playing pussy I'm playing smart. I had a theory, someone presented a sensible counter argument and I agreed with them. Another player even debunked it further. Clearly it was a no go.

Why try push me into a poor strategy, using an ad hominem to boot? Doesn't seem like sensible town play.

vote: dumbarse
cloudocean
For a remark prodding you to actually do something, you're taking it quite personally.
el simo wrote:To that point, my only real words had been about a poorly thought out strategy that we had already debunked.
You admit to not producing any real content here.
el simo wrote:You were specifically pushing me to attacking people on my wagon, trying an attack on the person to give me extra incentive.
Yup. See 'not producing any real content,' and my "attack" [lol] seems to be working.
mongoose wrote:That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the reads were right, and el simo was mafia.
You going to do something about it or let the rest of the town hold your hand throughout the game?
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:49 am

Post by cloudocean »

[quote=FakeGod]
Fairly RVS oriented I'd say
. The arguments are interesting but I think it's more likely to be town v. town.[quote]
Explain. I don't think I need to pull up quotes.
[quote=Mysterio]This is also a good way to cause distractions. Something that scum thrive on. If you're town, it's bad play.[quote]
No. Distractions are assuming that wagon is on town. Pressure improves reads.
[quote=Mysterio]I purposely change my meta for each game. So trying to meta me is a bad move. Also, you're far more likely to be town than scum, so my alignment in such a small number of games is meaningless. Furthermore, a lot of my games are ongoing and I haven't flipped either way, so that makes it an even worse move.[quote]
First two sentences are going to need finished games where you were town as proof. Second bit doesn't make sense, you're pulling up chance which is irrelevant to why Don is voting you. Translation of last sentence Don't meta me because I change my meta but I can't prove it, but still!
[quote=Mysterio]cloudocean insults simo and then acts surprised when simo takes it personally. Now he's pushing the fact that simo was wrong, which doesn't necessarily mean he is scum. [quote]
First bit avoids the bit where I insult simo in order to get off the fence, simo even acknowledged that he hasn't produced any content, his only stance as of so far is to OMGUS me which is lolz. Simo being wrong doesn't necessarily mean he's town either, pushing him in the first place will get me a nice read on him.
[quote=Mysterio]His pressure looks suspiciously overeager. He should be right up there with don and Raivann as the most suspicious players in the game.[quote]
How can pressure look suspiciously overeager Last bit is lacking a FoS or a vote.

Those who aren't pushing on people until they've been voted for need to understand that sitting on the fence and then OMGUS'ing isn't going to get you anywhere.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:50 am

Post by cloudocean »

EBWODP: Strange, my tags were right when I copied them into notepad.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:29 am

Post by cloudocean »

FakeGod wrote:I often shift my RVS vote to the highest wagon I see.
It builds character pressure early on, and it's something to talk about.
Mysterio wrote:This is also a good way to cause distractions. Something that scum thrive on. If you're town, it's bad play.
cloudocean wrote:No. Distractions are assuming that wagon is on town. Pressure improves reads.
Mysterio wrote:First of all, no one assumed the wagon is on town. simo could very well be scum, but that's beside the point of putting someone at L-1 during RVS. Second of all, pressure and distracting are not the same thing. Calling every push "pressure" is highly naive. Scum also have this ability, and you need to keep that in mind while scumhunting. However, this is getting into a theory discussion that also serves as a huge distraction.
First of all, where did simo ever come into this. Guilty conscience if I ever saw one. Putting someone at L-1 during RVS isn't scummy, don't pretend like it is - the chance of someone getting hammered on RVS is less than .000001% Second sentence is irrelevant I never said that pressure and distraction are the same, third sentence is wrong - whether you like it or not, pushing on someone will put "pressure" on them. Fourth sentence is irrelevant as I never said that scum didn't have the ability to put pressure on anyone, lack of desire to pressure is completely different. Agree with fifth sentence.
Mysterio wrote: No, the only thing those claims require is a read through of my games. I play differently in all of them. However, because some are still ongoing, I won't be discussing them any further. Which was the point of my last sentence, since don seemed it was a good idea to draw conclusions from unfinished games.
No one cares enough to go through all of your games, link us finished games where you have been town and have played differently or don't defend a meta scum read with more meta. So don isn't meta'ing off of a finished game?
Mysterio wrote:When that "pressure" is based on insulting the person and then acting surprised when they take offense (your defense that it was to get him off the fence is insane), then it's certainly scummy.
Laugh my fucking ass off. I actually felt the need to spell that out. I even said in the same post where I insulted him that he needed to get off the fence. I can't tell if you're intentionally trying to twist things. The insulting and surprised bit is lolz. I told simo he needed to stop acting like a pussy and to get off the fence, and whether you deny it or not, he overreacted. Being called a pussy and overreacting either means you need to grow some balls or you're scum. From his previous behavior, I'm inclined to believe it's the latter.
Mysterio wrote:Also, what the hell does "Last bit is lacking a FoS or a vote." mean? Do you not realize that I currently said that I suspect cloudocean as one of the three top suspicious players in this game.
Fixed. :)

Oh, and for the sake of hypocrisy:
FoS: Mysterio
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:42 am

Post by cloudocean »

el simo wrote:No, I just think you're dumb. You should also note, you can't play an attack on the person and then cry if they take it personally, not if you're town at least, it's very scummy.
Someone is butthurt :) Anyways, your argument is dumb, you overreacted and you're trying to make my attack/response seem scummy when its not.
el simo wrote:As should you, because until you voted me you had nothing to vouch for yourself. And note, a theory is content, bad or not and it actually added to useful discussion, more than you could have claimed for at that time.
Difference is, the interest of making discussion that pushed town motives was there for me. All you've done is defend yourself and discuss theory, which is distracting and superficial and OMGUS. So no, you've still yet to do something.
el simo wrote: Not really,
see I'm not responding to the 'pressure' you put on me
. (response ---->
You should note I was just on L-1, another vote doesn't really bother me. I was responding to your scummy push. Had you voted me with some sort of pro town logic I'd have been fine with it, or if you hadn't replied with such a scummy set up even. So unless you specifically feigned being scummy to get me posting, no, your 'attack' isn't working. See when I see something scummy, I comment. There was nothing scummy until you voted me, nothing that I found at least.
)
Fixed.

Translation: Your pressure isn't working because there are already votes on me, and the reason why your scum is because your voting me!

Let's be honest. You
still
haven't shown ANY interest in scumhunting. Your suspicions are all OMGUS motivated . The only people you've actually cared to place an opinion on are the people that were on your bandwagon.

To everyone else, what do you think of el simo?
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:52 am

Post by cloudocean »

Maybe. Wouldn't put it past El Simo's partner to do a little distancing by voting on a lynch that probably wasn't going to happen.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:45 am

Post by cloudocean »

Handing out scum/town lists is never a good idea for town. Don who did you kill and why?
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:06 am

Post by cloudocean »

Huge difference in making scum lists and focusing on say, a couple of people. Don, what is a better question that needs to be thought about?
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by cloudocean »

Nope I'm not scum! I disagree, I think it's a dumb question, as contemplating as to why scum didn't shoot you as it's distracting and built on WIFOM and frankly, it's a waste of time :)

Anyways, after doing a reread, I think Bunny needs to die.

vote: Bunny

More content would be nice.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”