Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Ojanen »

If someone is contemplating a hammer, let me catch up to the end and post first. (takes an hour from now max)
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:38 am

Post by camn »

Sorry about the red text, Coyote! Old habit :)

Um... Hoopla is so town it hurts. In a good way. I guess the hoopla-lurker-scum meta still holds?
Anyway:
Hoopla @ Apok wrote:Can you explain why you elected to read games from my wiki that were 8+ months old, when I have a fresh new catalogue of games just dripping with relevent meta? .
I can. She wants to use meta to build crap cases.
It is actually a hot move, because then you can aggressively push a mis-lynch on so-called 'objective' grounds, and use 'changing meta' as your excuse when your victim flips town.
I have done it. I bet you have too :)
There is no real town motivation for it... and you are 100% correct that Apok is getting you meta wrong. I dont really research old games, but I have played with you enough to be tempted to CLEAR you on meta alone, which I mentioned before.

Apok = scum.

And
UNVOTE

waiting for Ojanen only.
No accidental quickhammer until she gives us a data dump.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Hoopla »

camn wrote: I can. She wants to use meta to build crap cases.
It is actually a hot move, because then you can aggressively push a mis-lynch on so-called 'objective' grounds, and use 'changing meta' as your excuse when your victim flips town.
I have done it. I bet you have too :)
Yes, I have done it. It is a handy scum tactic. Although, the actual act of hunting meta is a town trait if you're looking at both sides of the coin equally and not searching for specific answers - otherwise you'll just find what you want. It falls into anti-town/scum territory when it's done wrong, misrepresents the player or is being depended on too heavily.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Ojanen »

Last few pages of reading were too hurried. Will have to repeat.
Apologies for the extensive V/LA; the wireless was
supposed
to work.

Apok
is scummy. The effort of getting (even invalid) meta is somewhat townish, agree with Hoopla there. But otherwise:
Apok 55 wrote: I'm not sure what Hoopla's trying to do here; on the one hand I doubt that scum would give themselves such a high profile so early, but on the other hand her behavior doesn't scream town.[...]
It may possibly be a tactic to motivate discussion, but it seems more likely to cloud logical reasoning with emotion and thus give scum more room to maneuver.[...]
Also, newest Hoopla post came up as I was about to post. Now I'm definitely feeling padding; either try to bring the game out of random stage or don't. I think I'm currently
justified
in casting a
vote: Hoopla.
Underlining mine - interest in justification is overt (as others noted). Furthermore, interest and evaluation of self-justification itself while voting is scummy - all about how you are perceived.
First too passages are almost funny in their emptyness.
apok 60 wrote: Haylen, I'd say your reaction was about a 7. Hoopla, I may possibly be overjustifying, but I frankly think this mucking around with number/rating scales is a big waste of time, and neither you nor anyone else have shown that it is contributing to the game in any way, whether it be random fun or scumhunting.
This retort has something evasive about it too.
apok 88 wrote:On another note, that little interaction between UncertainKitten and Snow_Bunny was...hm, can't say interesting...how about unusual? I don't think this is a scumtell per se, but it almost seemed as if UK were leading Snow. Not FoS-worthy, but I'll keep an eye on it.
fluff fluff fluff and why distort the interaction by mentioning this if she thinks she's onto something.

In 115 she elaborates on what she's looking in the previous interaction, and has also casted a careful, delayed vote on camn. Explains that she wanted to wait for explanation but fails to comment on said explanation - camn being obviously deliberate in buddying whole-heartedly- at all. Associates to tending to appearance again.

Paws
is a moron.
Not opposed to lynch. Wouldn't lynch before claim.
About the mod tell: RedCoyote takes great care of his games and seems like a cool guy - that being said he didn't send mafia copies of town wincon/vanilla pm in a game of his I played in before it caused conundrum. Also he was fairly easy to read as scum in the one game I played with him. Mod intention scanning potentially useful then.
BUT I am unsure of this specific tell being valid; I'm not sure I agree with the logic that it's likely he
wouldn't
have reacted for town self-voting similarly.

Haylen

I have no idea how to read atm.
The problem is that she has adapted a strategy of making a carnival out of negative self-awareness and sincerity/manipulativeness comes across completely bundled out of her posts. Don't know how to proceed with interaction - resorts automatically to self-degrading slipperyness.
Self-absorbed behaviour interlaps with typical scummy mindset but probably in her case it's as both alignments. Aqcuiring vast meta might be useful.
This combo might have something:
Haylen 114 wrote: @ Sotty - I apologise for not making it clearer. If Paws was an experienced player like yourself and was acting as she is, I would find it suspicious.
I do not find it suspicious for a newbie to do this though. Thus I have a Newb-Town read.
I wrote the first part of the sentence 'I am suscious of paws, but currently have a Newb-Town read' because I remember she was a newbie right at the comma. So I decided to leave what I had written and say if she was experienced I would find it bad.
Haylen in 200 explaining why the read was town, not neutral wrote:I said it's gut really.
There's something that made me say bullshit here. I realized it's the bolded being either worded or thought invalidly and not meshing very well with screaming gut, so I'll drop it here to keep in mind.

Sotty7
I had a clear gutread of scum from her early. Later posting is better, but then she's very smart - stil leaning scummy. Possible note to watch out for overlap of female carefulness and scumminess though.

Spoiler: A quote for tone
Sotty7 48 wrote:Hi. Thankfully no, I'm not. Being scum makes me nervous and stresses me out especially recently since people suddenly think I am a scum mastermind. Since we are old battle hardened war buddies wanna tell me if your scum? If you are I'll make your death quick and painless, I promise.
Gut twinge from this, echoing DGB. Unable to elaborate. Something about the tone of the attempt to banter at the end?
Sotty7 89 wrote:I'm not seeing the Apokalyptika hate right now. Maybe it is because I use the word interesting myself, but post 55 just looks like her giving a run down for her thoughts at this moment in the game. I don't get the same tingle as camn and esurio.
I don't mind policy lynches as much in larger games, would prefer if we didn't have to fall back on that tacit however.
Unvote, Vote Paws

Come and play. What are your thoughts on Hoop v Haylen? What's your opinion on policy lynching? Who's scummy to you?

This is soooooo safe. so safe. A little too obvious at that stage of the game for her.
Same problem with post 110. Early posts remind me of my own scumplay. Yeah, that's it.

esurio
is obvtown.

I absolutely agree with so many of
DGB
's gutreads that I call town.

Hoopla
is another strong player; wary of giving too much credit at this stage but leaning town.

I have no complaints about
camn
. She's not obvtown but definitively wouldn't lynch for now, I expect to get a more accurate read with time (at least if access clears) and she's waaaay too awesome to waste.
Liked her change of mind regards vote in first content post. Hoopla-Haylen link thought was weird to me.

cepi
gut town. Need more.

UK
surprisingly no-read for someone so loud for now. Disagree with most of what she's pushing.

Frack, I'm running late with this. Rest of the players covered in a sec.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Haylen »

Ojanen, pretty sure I said the gut thing with regards to a camn/Hoopla scumteam ~_~
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Ojanen »

You are correct, my mistake. Sorry. I mixed up something somewhere - too much material to try and process fast. There was a change of stance from newb-town to newb-neutral due to general real life moodswinging, not the gut line.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Ojanen »

Anyway the rest of the bunch were Sucrose, chauchau and Snow_Bunny. Plus no-read Fenchurch due to the access stuff.
The 3 first would be a decent place to look for scum for me - my D1 nebulous reads often lead to scum. Lots of disagreement and can't really distuinguish them too well without isoing right now.
chauchau 196 wrote: As for Snow_Bunny, I wasn't voting her because she will or will not lurk, I was voting because she proclaimed herself as a lurker. I have seen it used more for scum purposes then town which is why I'm voting her.
Specifically where did you see it used for scum purposes?
Snow_bunny wrote:
Wow, I iso'd Paws and I must say that there's nothing there. Nine posts of pure nothingness. Seems like someone is active lurking, and let's add the benching, and we have something worthy here. FoS: Paws
However, I prefer my vote on camn now. Her reaction to my vote has caught my attention (a bit too much for a vote so early on, imo), and I like the pressure there.
Just Weird to need the iso; how could she not notice it after the massive attention on every no-content post by Paws? Possibly made up; if so, pure scum.
snowbunny 219 wrote: I don't have much time, so I'll just want to say this before I forget: who's talking about scum-tells? They aren't scum tells, but they sure add together to something in D1. And that, right now, it's worthy of a vote.
Could just be simple though, as is the impression from this post.

Agree with Sucrose pulling the 3 "articulate" suspect names out of thin air while not admitting it - crap right there.

Wouldn't lynch
myself-esurio-DGB-Hoopla-camn-cepi- maybe UK for now - maybe maybe Fenchurch per Hoopla's assessment

Fair game
the rest.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Ojanen »

Oooh, one more pop in my mind.
Possible townslip: the speculations of coaching. Check tomorrow who it was that engaged in this.
Read the role pms: mafia have daytalk in this game.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:04 am

Post by camn »

That is a nice catch. I hadn't bothered to read them.... which I should have.. daytalk changes everything.

Can we lynch Paws now? DO you really want to wait on a replacement and a claim? Cuz I don't. I am feeling bloodthirsty, as usual.

Coyote: will replacement be imminent? I seem to remember there was some interest...

I thought so too. Two of them haven't gotten back with me, one has declined, and another said she wouldn't be ready until the 25th. I've been hesitating with a more active search in order to give those who offered to replace preferential treatment, but I think I'm just going to start looking.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Fenchurch »

esuriospiritus wrote:Fen, it looks like you... completely ignored me, even down to ignoring that DGB posted a town read on me. :<
Huh, I think I skipped you, woops.

esurio
18 posts
no read/leaning town
backs down a couple of times
mostly strong content and reasoning

Ojanen

town
insightful observations, seems v genuine
incredible catch on daytalk

I'm down with a lynch instead of replacement, although partly because it seems unfair if the replacer gets lynched following the claim and loses their chance to properly participate in the game. Surely Paws would have claimed already if she was a PR, rather than self-voting? Although I'm not familiar with conventions on other sites for this, so maybe not.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Hoopla »

camn wrote: Can we lynch Paws now? DO you really want to wait on a replacement and a claim? Cuz I don't. I am feeling bloodthirsty, as usual.
Let us get a claim first, camn.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

As far as Paws “suspects” containing other buddies.. Eh. I know I'm not her buddy and so far I don't have a scum read on either Haylen or camn. So it is nothing I am going to clamor over. Maybe when we get deeper in the game and look back, but for now the names don't mean much of anything to me.

= = = = = =
Ojanen Post 253 wrote:Possible note to watch out for overlap of female carefulness and scumminess though.
What do you mean by this? Also, I appreciate the comment about being smart, but I don't think we have played together before have we?

The day talk was a great catch. I hadn't noticed that.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

<insert ojanen daytalk catch praise echoing here>

I'm going to give some love to my other games tonight; hopefully by tomorrow we'll have a Paws replacement.

Leaning town on ojanen but wary of bias due to agreeing with her when she's effectively had 10 pages of testing the waters and gauging safe opinions if scum. (Is there a name for bias due to agreeing with someone? /toolazytogoogle)
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by camn »

camn wrote:
Coyote: will replacement be imminent? I seem to remember there was some interest...

I thought so too. Two of them haven't gotten back with me, one has declined, and another said she wouldn't be ready until the 25th. I've been hesitating with a more active search in order to give those who offered to replace preferential treatment, but I think I'm just going to start looking.
VOTE: PAWS
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by Haylen »

post later
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Ojanen Post 253 wrote:Possible note to watch out for overlap of female carefulness and scumminess though.
What do you mean by this? Also, I appreciate the comment about being smart, but I don't think we have played together before have we?[/quote]

We played briefly together in RedCoyote's game, you were a town neighbor with someone, the day ended short due to a modkill. I replaced in and got a good scumread for which they immediately nkd me but I followed the game. I have also loosely followed a scumgame of yours.
The overlap comment was a mitigating factor. Some traits are more typical in females as both alignments than in males. Carefulness being one of them.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Failtags. Above is a reply to Sotty.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

RedCoyote wrote:
UNVOTE: Apok

VOTE: Paws

Problem solved.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

And now begins the gut-wrenching agony of waiting for the flip.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ah yes, Mafia Invasion. I forgot you were in that Ojanen.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:01 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Even amidst the
bitching
nagging
henpecking
courteous reproaching towards the game's
archaic
antiquated
needlessly cumbersome
well-contemplated ruleset and devices and its
bitter
sloppy
careless
lovable, passionate, and dedicated Moderator, the town somehow managed to endeavor onward...

With a flick of her wrist, a dismissive and affronting gesture, she snapped, "I did
not
beg to be in.
I
have a life." Paws had seemingly captured the entire room's attention in a few short hours. Her attempt to end the first phase of the game prematurely was halted, but the damage was nonetheless done. It was only a matter of time before a cunning mind could only reasonably conclude that, "The mod has confirmed information of the whole game - if he drops a big enough tell in one post to incriminate/clear someone, we ought to use it, even if we shouldn't have been told that information". Smiles, nods, and general approval of the sentiment echoed across the table, although one ringing voice of opposition sought to deflate the perhaps too expedient presumptions of motivations. "It's just words", was the simple, but all-too-prescient, counter. esuriospiritus had sat in silence, pondering the two schools of thought methodically in her mind. "Meh.
unvote vote: Paws
", she would eventually suggest. And voted Paws they did. For better or for worse, this was too important of an opportunity to pass up.

But it wouldn't be a very fun game if it always worked out in the town's favor. So Paws, a spiteful
Townie
, but Townie nonetheless, would end her time during Ladies Night a little bit earlier than anyone else (in more ways than one), and the first night phase of the game could finally begin. What, if any, power roles would make their presence known?

Paws, a
Townie
, was lynched day 1.

Final Day 1 Vote Count
  • Paws
    (8) (Sotty7 - UncertainKitten - Apokalyptika - Haylen - DrippingGoofball -
    camn
    - esuriospiritus - camn - Fenchurch)

camn
    (1) (Snow_Bunny)

Apokalyptika
    (1) (cepi -
    Fenchurch
    )

Snow_Bunny
    (1) (chauchaudotcom)

UncertainKitten
    (1) (Sucrose)

Sucrose
    (1) (Hoopla)

chauchaudotcom
    (0) (
    esuriospiritus
    )

Not Voting
    (2) (Ojanen - Paws)
With fifteen alive, it takes eight to lynch.

With eight votes, that's a successful lynch and the end to day 1.

Please submit all your night actions, if you have any, before the end of the night phase.
New
Deadline: Aug. 26th, 2010 at 10:30 AM (CST)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

At the behest of my lovely player list, I have tweaked the vote counts. I will retroactively alter all previous vote counts to conform to the new standard. Please don't make a post during this time, as I have to keep the thread open when editing posts. It will be closed within a few minutes.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Haylen folded her arms, crossed her legs, and sat quietly in her chair. The room was pitch black, signifying the night phase was still going on. Everyone was told to stand up and shuffle around. She was told that every player would leave the room, one at a time, so that there would be no possibility of eliminating certain people as having a power. When her turn had come up, she went outside, spoke with the Moderator, and came back in. The door opened and closed, opened and closed, opened and closed... 8, 9, 10... well, she wasn't great with numbers, but you get the idea.

As the florescent lights illuminated, the room was told that the night phase was over. Everyone immediately opened their eyes and began to scan the room. Although the majority of the room had agreed to expel Paws, this is one they wouldn't necessarily have agreed on. This was a night kill. It seemed like everyone was still there except for esuriospiritus. Although the table held out hope that it was simply a bathroom break, deep down they all knew that she wouldn't be returning to the game. Sucrose reached across the table to flip over the name placard that sat in front of her chair. In big blue letters the word
Townie
was written on the bottom.

esuriospiritus, a
Townie
, was shot night 1.

Vote Count 2.0
  • Not Voting
    (13) (UncertainKitten - Ojanen - Sucrose - camn - chauchaudotcom - Sotty7 - Hoopla - cepi - Apokalyptika - Haylen - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball - Snow_Bunny)
With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch.

The town has added two weeks and one day to the deadline, this, plus the added base of 15 days, brings the town a total for four weeks and two days.
New
Deadline: Sept. 25th, 2010 at 10:30 AM (CST)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

chauchaudotcom will be V/LA until tomorrow, and Ojanen will be V/LA for the next 1-3 days.
I'm opening the thread a few hours early due to some temporary issues with the Internet connection at my apartment. This should only happen today and will not change the deadline/my availability. I was told I would be getting a new modem by Saturday afternoon, so in the meantime I'll only be checking from work/school.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:15 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm not dead?

Some of my town reads must be wrong.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”