Not Rex

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #2 of Day 2

Zajnet (1) <-~ farside22
jasonT1981 (1) <-~ Sotty7
Jack (1) <-~ Ythan
MagnaofIllusion (1) <-~ Jack

Not voting (7) <-~ vollkan, Locke Lamora, MagnaofIllusion, Porochaz, Sando, jasonT1981, Zajnet

11 living; 6 will do it.

Deadline:
Saturday, September 4th at 6 P.M. EST
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Zajnet »

I would imagine a Goon Cop is a cop that detects Goons.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Ythan »

Zajnet wrote:I would imagine a Goon Cop is a cop that detects Goons.
This. There are probably other varieties of cop in the game that detect different things and this one is for goons.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Why not just call it a cop then?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

As I said in my previous post and will expound further in this one, I'm guessing there's a goon cop and an xxx cop and maybe a yyy cop, zzz cop, etc.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by vollkan »

Hello. I will read up and comment on everything shortly.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ythan, have you read the thread yet?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:41 am

Post by Sando »

Vote: Jack

Accusing of rolefishing at every opportunity, I've already stated why I find this scummy.

Also, this whole 'hammer person is scum' is old, the hammer was ~6 hours pre-deadline, and no other lynch was possible, it needed to happen. Farside gets scumpoints for latching onto it, Jack gains them for happily going along with it.

Jack is muchos scummier.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Sotty7 »

What about Jason Sando? He also found it "interesting"
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:14 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I'm posting this in all my games... I have a headache from hell today. Will not be posting much if anything until it clears. Sorry.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:52 am

Post by vollkan »

21: Jack's "don't rolefish" seems like an obvious act of trying to stir the pot
22: Sando jumps on it seriously (showing no actual reflection on Jack's motives), and repeats the boilerplate attack against people who accuse others of rolefishing.
Sando+1

23: Obvious silliness from Jack
24: Sando takes it seriously and repeats the same sort of attack as above.
Sando+1

26: Silly argument from Jack, but I am pretty sure it is tongue-in-cheek to rile Sando
27: Prozac votes Jack, but acknowledges it probably isn’t serious, so he doesn’t get a vote – since he has at least shown some reflection.
31: Sotty doesn’t get points, for the same reason as Prozac (Jack’s non-response justifiably could have been seen badly by Sotty)
33: Prozac accuses Jack of reacting badly, which seems to be departing from his earlier appreciation that Jack could just be taking the piss, shifting position once the bandwagon becomes more viable.
Prozac+1

38: Farside makes sense on Jack....
39: ...and Prozac
45: Charlie’s “pressure vote” for Sando is useless. I have a hatred of “pressure votes” that are expressly for “pressure” and thus have nothing behind them that actually could apply pressure.
Possible Charlie/Sando bussing
. Appearing useful without doing anything.
48: charlie’s defence of the above gets a
Charlie+1
. He is avoiding actually analysing while pre-emptively joining a wagon.
49: Sotty “Right now I don't have a better place for my vote.”
Sotty+1

52: Sotty backpedals really badly on Jack. First, he says “I'm voting for the person I view as the scummiest player at this point” which implies quite strongly he thinks Jack scummy. But then says on jack “I can see him doing this kinda thing as scum or as town”, seemingly avoiding the obvious fail that is the Jack case. Then does an ever more significant retreat from possible fallout from the Jack wagon by saying “Really what is the big deal with a little pressure on him?”. Two levels of retreat in a single post.
Sotty+2

57: Sotty helpfully points out that Zach is lurking. Convenient timing....
Sotty+1

70: Sotty makes a weak counter-attack on Prozac based on Prozac not voting simultaneously with attacking Sotty.
Sotty+1

Still reading
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Jack »

Sando wrote:
Vote: Jack

Accusing of rolefishing at every opportunity, I've already stated why I find this scummy.

Also, this whole 'hammer person is scum' is old, the hammer was ~6 hours pre-deadline, and no other lynch was possible, it needed to happen. Farside gets scumpoints for latching onto it, Jack gains them for happily going along with it.

Jack is muchos scummier.
Yeah, I was mixing it up with my other game that had a "most votes at deadline is lynched" rule. His hammer was much scummier in that context. It was still weird and he's a lurker so it's not all bad.

I would put it at moi-jason--imkingdavid atm, vollkan made some good points about sotty that had been what I was thinking earlier, that conflicts with jason-scum though so it's all up in the air right now. Also vollkan replaced imkingdavid it seems.

But there's no excuse not to be voting moi right now.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Jack »

also there's one other scum possible/probable who I'm going to keep quiet about at the mo <--just a reminder for myself
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:35 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Well appareantly my V/LA until today wasn’t worth mentioning by the Mod.

Welcome vollkan
Zajnet wrote:Because I'm a dumbass.
This aside why did you avoid the thread at the end of yesterday (up until your non-claim hammer) while posting in other games with frequency?
Ythan wrote:I don't like Jack's explanation behind his claimless hammer.

vote Jack
Umm what? Are you talking about Zajnet here or some other game?
Jack wrote:charlie was obvtown, thought I could swing it over to moi in time...also I was confusing this game with another one which had a "person with most votes at deadline gets lynched" mechanic.
Nice after the fact assessment that Charlie was obvtown. Wish it had shown up in your ISO before the lynch :roll:

Why did you wait to the absolute last minute to make your ‘claim’ of Day-Masonizer instead of beating around the bush with your no-content statements / attacks? I don’t see a Pro-Town reason to do so other than it was a last minute gambit on your part, which I would buy coming from you.
Jack wrote:@sotty: yeah, he's amusing inconsistent in a scummy way, I'll probably vote for him if you quit asking me too.
Jack wrote:VOTE NOW JASON, VOTE OR DIE
Classic distancing / fencesitting here regarding Jason from Jack. States he’s scummy and he’ll vote for him but always finds some ‘reason’ not to. If Jason does indeed flip scum Jack’s a partner.

VOTE: Jason

His play yesterday (which I discussed during my wagon post) in both Zach and Jason form was whelming. Today he’s harping on Sotty’s use of meta while ignoring any other element of his slots scumminess (his wagon hopping, his slots total lack of solid reads).
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Incognito »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Well appareantly my V/LA until today wasn’t worth mentioning by the Mod.
Sorry. I didn't think it needed mentioning since you had previously said in-thread that you would regularly be V/LA across weekends.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by Sando »

Accusing me of boilerplate scumtells Vollkan... Cute.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:57 am

Post by vollkan »

79: Sotty’s explanation for bringing up Zach’s supposed lurking (““I wanted his scum meta in this thread so if I die and he lurks there is some reference that should provide pressure.”) is ridiculously weak and has the added flaw of being a soft town claim.
Sotty+2

104: Zach doesn’t post on anything other than Sotty’s meta attack.
Zach+1

107: Farside makes a lazy attack on MOI here – that he should make a serious vote now that RVS is over.
Farside+1

109: MOI makes a good point about Charlie abandoning his pressure wagon without any explanation.
Charlie+1

111: Zach’s response to MOI’s attack is inadequate, and his accusation that MOI is only lurker hunting is simply false.
Zach+1

113: Jack’s playstyle is wearing a little thin on me...
116: Zajnet casts a strongly worded but meaningless “voting shenanigans” vote for MOI. Joining a building wagon without reasons.
Zajnet+2

119: I agree with Locke on Zaj
121: Farside makes a really weak defence of Charlie. For reference, MOI said Charlie had never explained his what the effect of his pressure vote would be. Farside’s defence was to point out that Charlie had said “No, it is an argument between Jack and Sando. I'm taking one side and seeing how it goes and nothing else.” Not only is Charlie’s explanation lousy, as I said in my previous post, but this in no way explains what the point of the pressure wagon was. This is followed up by a vote for MOI, the growing wagon at this stage, so
Farside+2

125: Weak attempt by Zaj to suggest MOI inconsistency
Zaj+1

136: Worst post yet. Charlie places MOI at L-1. While he disagrees with MOI’s attack, he offers no real reason as to why MOI is scummy. Moreover, I really dislike the ‘convenience’ of Charlie mentioning that he is deciding to change his playstyle this game to vote more aggressively (why that is a good thing at all, I have no idea) in the very same post as he places somebody at L-1. It’s made even worse by Charlie putting MOI at L-1 on p.6 while also saying “I have a divided opinion of him”. If you aren’t sure somebody is scum, why the deuce would you put them at L-1 on p.6?!
Charlie+5

141: Charlie makes an AtE by saying “I accept responsibility for my actions”.
Charlie+1

147: Zaj expresses agreement with Charlie being scummy, but sticks to MOI. I can't see any rational basis for this, given that the MOI wagon was terrible and Charlie’s play is really scummy. Thus, this looks like distancing.
Zajnet-Charlie scumteam evidence
159: When asked about why he cast a L-1 vote despite it being early in the game and his opinion being admittedly divided, Charlie says that whoever hammered would be under intense scrutiny the next day. Two points of interest from this: 1) Charlie is making the rather curious that whoever hammered MOI
would
come under scrutiny the next day (ie. that MOI is town); and 2) Fails entirely to explain why he voted despite his own view being divided. His “case” on MOI is weak; the point about the unanswered question (which I addressed above) comes down in MOI’s favour objectively and Charlie just overeggs it by saying that MOI’s attitude seems “slightly disingenuous”, which is a vague and meaningless attack. He then unvotes MOI, despite having just apparently having provided the essence of his MOI case. This makes the opportunism of the earlier vote seem even more apparent
Charlie+2

160: Now he revotes Magna because he wants to play aggressively.. :facepalm:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:13 am

Post by farside22 »

Based on meta ythan doesn't seem like his normal town self I would expect.

Jack any reason your voting MOI at this point?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Ythan »

Sotty7 wrote:Ythan, have you read the thread yet?
Eh not fully.
farside22 wrote:Based on meta ythan doesn't seem like his normal town self I would expect.
Weak. At least attempt to give some sort of description of what you're looking at. "Ythan doesn't look town because of magical inscrutable meta" is just dumb.

Replaced by Erg0. - Incog-mod
Last edited by Incognito on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Jack »

farside22 wrote:Based on meta ythan doesn't seem like his normal town self I would expect.

Jack any reason your voting MOI at this point?
He's scum. People are amusingly ignoring my pr result, which was partly my attention, but still :neutral:

ythan has been pretty scummy
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Jack »

*intention
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I agree, Ythan is probable scum at this point. He's extremely reactive and isn't doing any scum hunting. His vote on Jack is weak and is based strictly off recent posts.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Jack »

Sotty7 wrote:I agree, Ythan is probable scum at this point. He's extremely reactive and isn't doing any scum hunting. His vote on Jack is weak and is based strictly off recent posts.
His vote isn't based on my recent posts.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Jack »

Does Ythan hate being scum?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:10 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Jack wrote:He's scum. People are amusingly ignoring my pr result, which was partly my attention, but still
Nice summary with nothing to it.

You still haven’t addressed the following question –

Why, if you used your ‘Day Masonizing’ power early on to ‘confirm’ I’m scum didn’t you make more of an effort to lynch me earlier?

Also, why claim at the last possible moment when you spent Day 1 with your cute ‘Don’t Rolefish’ routine?
Jack wrote:His vote isn't based on my recent posts.
Why should your massive Day 1 lurking, which is in line with your recent scum Meta, be ignored because today you are active?

This thread needs more Jason, Poro and Zaj (also Locke but at least he has announced a V/LA).
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”