smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:53 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

alright, internet is on but im busy for the rest of the night, not sure how much time I'll have to post. But Gamma's case on Beefster seems sound. still haven't read over the docmyshot
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Beefster »

Gammagooey wrote:2)In the post voting Chrono admits that his previous vote was entirely self-preservation instead of scum-huntan.
What? Don't be twisting my words. I said I was probably screwed either way, which is NOT self-preservation.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Could I have everybody's top two picks for scum and why? Mine are in #489.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

beef, and someone else, and i already said why
#freeShotty
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:beef, and someone else, and i already said why
That doesn't give me a lot of information. Of the people other than Beefster you've suspected, Chronopie and Zajnet are dead and you only briefly attack Zorblag and Shattered Viewpoint (now Equinox), so whom you mean by "someone else" is unclear to me.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

because idk i focus on one person a day
#freeShotty
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

dr my and beefster for reasons stated before...

still have to get up my lazy arse and actually read their isos thoughhh...
... People were right it seems....
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Equinox »

/confirm

I'm having some issues with time at the moment, so activity will have to wait until tomorrow, most likely in the evening. I realize the deadline is coming up soon, so I'll put everything I've got into tomorrow's posting and the time after that. Good news is that I did most of the reading a few days ago. I just need to draw up a ketchup post and make it filled with coherent thoughts.

DO NOT HAMMER UNTIL I HAVE MY SAY, PLEASE. THANK YOU.

Immediate impressions pulled off the top of my head:

Beefster's L+1 hammer is most interesting and sets off all of the alarms.
silverbullet999's comment about a medic at the start of Day 3 sets off alarms.
drmyshottyizsik's *shrug* comments set off alarms. Expect cross-examination.
Prox is on my watch list for some reason...? Seems a post set off alarms... will investigate and elaborate tomorrow.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:28 pm

silverbullet999's comment about a medic at the start of Day 3 sets off alarms.
Agar was this the bells?

really the pat on the back tell?

The same thing I'm arguing in my other game?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Beefster wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:2)In the post voting Chrono admits that his previous vote was entirely self-preservation instead of scum-huntan.
What? Don't be twisting my words. I said I was probably screwed either way, which is NOT self-preservation.
Beefster wrote:I put the vote on Confid because
I figured if he flipped town, you would stop going after me
on the basis that it looked like a 2-for-1 deal.
http://www.answers.com/topic/self-preservation
1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.

Less bullshit, More Beef lynch. We can make tacos afterwards with him guys, it'll be delicious.

@SC-Beefster for obvious, Confid once Beef flips scum for Beef's chainsaw defense of him.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by KageLord »

StrangerCoug wrote:Could I have everybody's top two picks for scum and why? Mine are in #489.
As good a place to start my day as any, I suppose. Beefster and someone.

I would have said Confid as an answer if asked earlier, but with Chrono's flip, I have become less suspicious of him mainly because of his early sheep vote of him D2. If that was bussing... that was just terrible. I don't really see a reason for scum to vote another scum so early without even giving a reason. As I understand it, they would only get town points if they had a good reason to go along with their scumwagon vote.

In my only scum game so far, Beefster was my only scumbuddy. Thus, I think I know his scum meta decently well and some of his posts have been giving hits on my radar. The main reason I didn't vote him earlier was his rare posts that didn't mesh with his scum meta as I knew it and that I always had a better target in mind. Now that I am kind of at a dead end there, I think Beefster is a good enough target. Besides, Gamma's post above is pretty damning.

Vote: Beefster
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:56 am

Post by Prox »

OK! I'm going to re-read this thread TODAY and get a wallpost in TODAY. I apologize for previous inactivity. School, ya'know?

But I think I can do this.
This time, I'll not care.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:38 am

Post by AGar »

SC - mine have already been stated, but Beefster and Confid. The reasons I have outlined previously, and re-hashing them yet again is going to really frustrate me. Time is money friends.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:39 am

Post by AGar »

I just lol'd hard at the last part of Gammagooey's most recent post.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Equinoz - your avatar is Batler. You win.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Beefster »

Top 2 picks: drmy, AGar
drmy for tume's town read on sb and drmy's erratic behavior.
AGar- he seemed like he was all about pushing a wagon on CA. There can only be ONE cop, and the cop is dead. This can't really be justified as a town behavior. He's not playing as calmly and logically as I've seen him as town.

I'd like to offer an alternate perspective as well.
Equinox/PaltryExcuse- It just seems like PE was pushing a wagon rather than scumhunting. It's another perspective that shouldn't be ignored.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Funny thing about luggage. It's not really
meant
to burn, you know? Not like those neat logs you can get at the grocery store, that are made of some kind of weird-ass chemical left over from refining that burn forever with a nice crackle. Luggage, especially the cheap kind that minor leaguers tend to have, gives off a lot of weird smells and vapors.

Now with the rapidly declining temperature marching in lockstep with the team's rapid loss of brain cells, the group seemed to be having a difficult time making a difficult decision.

Third Votecount of Day 3

2. KageLord (0):
4. ConfidAnon (0):
5. Gammagooey (0):
6. AGar (0):
8. Zorblag (0):
9. drmyshottyizsik (3): Zorblag, Beefster, StrangerCoug
11. StrangerCoug (0):
12. smashbro_of_the_SSS (0):
13. Beefster (5): Gammagooey, AGar, drmyshottyizsik, ConfidAnon, KageLord
14. Equinox (0):
15. Sotty7 (0):
16. Prox (0):
18. silverbullet999 (0):

Players not voting: smashbro_of_the_SSS, Equinox, Sotty7, Prox, silverbullet999

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
The current wagon leader is
Beefster
at L-2.
Deadline: August 25th @ 11:59PM CST
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:55 pm

prox your wall was quite the fantastic read and i now feel enlightened, renewed, and amazed at how i missed such things.

In other news...

Beefster wins the iso look (though just by a little bit) because
1. I like tacos.
2. That late vote really really does look like fail bussing... (not like this has been said 100 times)

I'll throw my vote on him before deadline is up more info is never hurtful (Yay to more kunk criticism in advanced!)
^Hammer or vote bringing him to L-1^
Unless my view magically changes.... which can happen... bahbam
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Post by AGar »

Beefster wrote:AGar- he seemed like he was all about pushing a wagon on CA. There can only be ONE cop, and the cop is dead. This can't really be justified as a town behavior. He's not playing as calmly and logically as I've seen him as town.
Really? You must've read the wrong games. Like, you didn't read the ones where I nail scum's ass to the wall and hound them until they're hanging from the highest branch of the tallest tree.

Don't worry, you'll see soon.

Confid is next.

Be afraid, go back to your QT and quiver in fear.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:04 am

Post by Equinox »

Hello, townsfolk of Open 233!

Shout-outs to AGar, Chronopie, drmyshottyizsik, Enigma, Prox, silverbullet999, smashbro_of_the_SSS, Sotty7, and StrangerCoug.

Apparently, I am replacing the one known as Shattered Viewpoint.

I did most of my reading a few days ago. By this, I mean that I've read some of Day 1, all of Day 2, and
most
all of Day 3. I have a pretty good knowledge of the game state, but I'll still work backwards with the reading as I go along. I thought I would finish this past weekend, but life threw a pie in my face. I'll try not to stir the chronology up too much.

Oh! A note about activity: I will do my best to post at least once every 24 hours. I will notify if I have to leave for longer than that. I reserve longer posts for certain times of the day when I'm home.

Thoughts about Day 2:
  • This statement from KageLord has me on alert. It's quite easy for scum to fake "pro-town" behavior by saying this sort of thing. The case on Chronopie at that point was actually more than what he seems to think here, so this is worth an IGMEOY.
  • drmyshottyizsik's request here hurts. It hurts so much. I don't think it's scummy, though, just...
    argh
    . This, however, raises an eyebrow. It's just
    so
    pro-town. Also, please refrain from posting useless shit like this. Thanks.
  • ConfidAnon's behavior during his argument with AGar is interesting. I'll reexamine after I'm through with Beefster.
  • Prox's wall of quotes feels like IoA.
  • Hey, Prox, you aren't going to question Shattered Viewpoint? You're just going to hold a grudge like the kid who got tagged?
  • Permit me a moment of rage here. drmyshottyizsik, you're about to win the trophy for most concurrent active games. You've finished enough games to know why we need to lynch people. Why was this question necessary? And WTF is with the "maybe town" comment? Do you not believe in the ConfidAnon wagon? It's not like you commented either way. Again,
    argh
  • Beefster's L+1 hammer suggests to me that he wasn't paying attention, as Zorblag was very explicit about his vote being the lynch vote. Beefscum probably didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to bus. Town would've seen the hammer already. Fail.
  • smashbro_of_the_SSS's immediate doubt of curiouskarmadog's cop claim is O_O. It seems he, too, missed the double hammer. Fail.
Thoughts about the beginning of Day 3:
  • silverbullet999's comment about the lack of a medic is very strange. silverbullet999 is no stranger to the F11 setup. What's going on?
  • The three votes on ConfidAnon are curious, indeed, especially in light of the cop result. Were those three absent at the time?
    I must investigate.
    Investigation complete. Beefster is a scumbag, Chronopie is a scumbag, and KageLord was not around.
  • smashbro_of_the_SSS, do you have no personal opinion whatsoever on Beefster and drmyshottyizsik? Don't piggy back.
  • Yes, silverbullet999, the "pat on the back" tell. Besides, your comment was
    weird
    . You know what an F11 setup is. It's not like the death was surprising or worthy of comment. (Apologies to curiouskarmadog.)
  • Beefster's post is so hilarious that it needs to be in quote boxes. Behold!
Beefster wrote:drmy for
tume's town read on sb
and drmy's erratic behavior.
Where, oh, where, is the logic in this? And, wait, what was your issue with silverbullet999 again?
Beefster wrote:Equinox/PaltryExcuse- It just seems like PE was pushing a wagon rather than scumhunting. It's another perspective that shouldn't be ignored.
Hey, scumbag, newsflash for you: I'm replacing Shattered Viewpoint. The red text cannot be denied!

Get well soon, drmyshottyizsik.

But I am not going to pull any punches. Something needs to be said, and I feel angry enough.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:Anyways i'll iso beef and drmy later... drmy like to be vi in past game
read my sig guys
For the love of all that is still holy in a mafia-infested town,
stop embracing the damn label
. It's considered an insult for good reason. Stop joining games. It's not going to win you any trophies, and it isn't going to earn you any respect. Focus on the ones you're in, and replace out of the ones you don't care for. It's much better to be an awesome scum hunter than to boast that you hit 100 games before your first scum day. Seriously.

tl;dr

Scumbags: Beefster > smashbro_of_the_SSS > Prox > ConfidAnon > drmyshottyizsik

VOTE: Beefster

Beefster is the choice cut for tonight's barbecue.

smashbro_of_the_SSS's behavior following curiouskarmadog's cop claim and the double hammer is suspect, as is his lack of
personal
stances today. Lack of time should not stop you from having your own opinions about people. Lack of time would inhibit proper piggy-backing, though.

Prox's wall was unimpressive. His behavior thus far has been unimpressive. Way to stay in the background while everyone bickers.

The lynching attempts on ConfidAnon thus far lead me to believe he may be town, hence his placement on the spectrum, but his behavior is also suspect, particularly during his argument with AGar. I will need to examine him and the cases on him once Beefster is lynched.

drmyshottyizsik is a null read, and I'm too emotionally affected to try to remedy that. However, his meta is a damn good cover for scum, and his behavior thus far has not indicated any attempts to be pro-town. I'd lynch him first if this weren't Day 3.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Equinox »

Correction. How I forgot my second suspect, I will never know. It's 4 AM.
Equinox wrote:Scumbags: Beefster >
KageLord >
smashbro_of_the_SSS > Prox > ConfidAnon > drmyshottyizsik
KageLord's behavior toward the Chronopie and ConfidAnon wagons are highly suspect. Recklessness versus caution and all that.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:51 am

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:I like the votes on Beefster. Looking over the votecount history, he has done a lot of vote hopping. he joins the Zajnet wagon early on, but then moves his vote to tumescence, to act as a prod. later he joins the Zajnet wagon again, as it became the leading wagon, and it looked like the lynch would happen. On day 2, as gamma mentioned, only votes for Chronopie after the fact of the lynch. I'm ready to vote him, but I want to look over some of the other people who have seemed scummy first, and I have to leave now. More later.
My post here ^^^ gave my opinion of Beef. While it isn't a novel, I did look back at the vote counts and found that pattern scummy, as it seems he was trying to avoid voting any popular wagon until it came clear there would be a lynch. Also, I agree with the other cases on Beefster. During Day 2, Beefster seems to be avoiding the point of Chronopie by FoS'ing rather than a vote. NOrmally this would be a pro town move with a fast growing bandwagon, but considering that Chrono was scum, and Beef seems the type to vote more often, this seems scummy. He votes Dr.myshotty in a post where he lightly suspects both him and Chrono.
Beefster wrote:^ Newb =/= Scum

@gamma: Come to think of it, the kill was actually quite pro-town. It sucks more because it really threw me off.
Agar's probably more in the Top 5. drmy and Chronopie are my biggest suspects. Problem is, they seem more like policy lynches than anything else atm. AGar reeks more of scum, but I don't feel there is much evidence against him. Does that make sense?
VOTE: drmy
POST SOMETHING USEFUL!!!

I can also see PaltryExcuse as scum, but there's no concrete evidence on him. He's always seemed fishy to me, though.
Despite having FoS's on other players, he policy votes for Dr.Myshotty. a bit odd, no?

~~~~~~~

Also, I'm looking back to Day 2, and I see ConfidAnon vote Chronopie in one post, and in his next vote for someone else. Not much time to make a case now, but he is suspicious to me.

~~~~~~~

As for Dr.Myshottyissik, i finally got around to reading him, and he has posted little content himself. In one of his first posts, he votes Zajnet, which ends up a townie lynch. then, he makes a case on Chrono, but doesn't get around to actually voting him until posts later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so beefster is my #1, with either Dr.Myshotty and Confid close behind. I am not voting beefster because I don't want to put him to L-1, but I would be willing to later in the Day.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Equinox »

Oh, how did I miss that post?

Knocking smashbro_of_the_SSS off the list for now.

But, um, Beefster
is
at L-1. I put him there. You'd be the hammer. Are you ready?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Equinox »

Follow-up question: What is keeping you from voting Beefster? You have a case there.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:36 am

I thought the deadline would be much further away. we have only a could pages for Day 3, and I was planning on giving people time to talk. I'll hammer either tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll have time. Still, I'd like to hear from more people before ending the Day. And sorry, didn't remember your vote.

Return to “Completed Open Games”