NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Xite91 »

EBWOP
By the way, townies should not have to worry about blending into the town because they are town, therefore saying you did things to look more town is always something that sets off sirens in my head.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:58 am

Post by danakillsu »

I didn't say I did things to look more town. I just said that I did things to show people that I am town. There's a difference. And if that sends warning sirens off in your head, there's something wrong with your theory.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:00 am

Post by danakillsu »

Let's put this another way, shall we? You are a human. You do some things to seem more human sometimes. You wouldn't want people calling you inhuman for your behavior. Just because you do things to seem more like a human like combing your hair or putting on deodorant doesn't mean you are not in fact human.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Porochaz wrote:Well lets see, I thought dana was scum up until the cop claim, then I decided to vote bunny for activelurking, then shanba showed me hiphop, I changed my vote, both these previous two votes were mainly pressure votes, as I said before, the Lynch All Lurkers mentality is a stupid one. Then Frank made a comment which pushed him above both hiphop and bunny accordingly so I changed my vote, I was one of the first on both wagons and I explained both votes. (iso 7 for dana and 28, 30-31 for frank). As for my "reads" generally my vote is a good indication of that.
Two of your votes you say were pressure votes. The other two were both on the two main bandwagons of this game. So, the only reads you've given and the only votes you've cast out of suspicion were on the two most popular candidates. That is opportunism.
danakillsu wrote:I already pretty much answered that. You should breadcrumb when you're town who wants to make his claim seem less like a scum fakeclaim or when you're scum who wants to make his claim seem less like a fakeclaim. It doesn't help you a ton, but it does help you some.
This doesn't answer my question. I'm asking for a specific answer. At what points in the game do you thinking are the best times to breadcrumb.
Mysterio wrote:Now we have a vote on Porochaz by wickedestjr for the same weak reason he voted me,
This is not true.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, Useful ISO time!!!
All post numbers are ISO numbers

8) Is the 6th person to jump on the wagon, perty terrible reasoning IMO
9) Just read this post and you'll understand
10-15) Attacking Dana hardcore, because the rest of the town has been pushing him, he does too so he blends in, only problem is that he went too far with it
16) Here's two point UA makes that are just too valid not to be buddying...
19) Another good read
21) Already pointed out why this one was scummy... someone even called it "searching the thread" But when it's just staring you in the eye, it's not searching the thread, it's seeing scummy things and calling them out
23) This is like the bajillionth time I've seen him just throw a mafia term out there, usually a scumtrait. (This has a lot to do with how psychics work, they use certain buzzwords, and then people find a way it relates, and then go, OMG you're so amazing, there must be something there)
24) I lol'd so hard. Oh, you're making points against me? Well too bad, lalalalalalala not listening!!!!!
Not even touching 25-33
34) LOL. my case means nothing because of my age. That's a good one. I'm pretty sure a 4 year old would hear what you were saying and say you were the "bad guy" Age has nothing to do with it.
35)
Furcolow wrote:and if i'm your top suspect, we are obviously not reading the same game
That's his next response. I make a case and he doesn't try to dispute it, instead he tries to discredit it, another scum trait
36) Another good read
Again, not even touching 37-40
41) More AtE
Here, I'l even show you
Furcolow wrote:Let's vote the two people who are posting like town on this page you gaiz! I AM SO GOOD AT MAFIA. I would vote you, but I am not petty nor an idiot like you apparently are if those are your top 2 suspicions.

you are also close-minded if you think that it is impossible to lynch someone for a fakeclaim, which is obviously a fakeclaim, due to a shitty ass breadcrumb

you make me sick
Oh yeah and there's also that one term, Ad hom was it?
Yeah, that's in there too, which according to him is a great reason to vote, proof later down.
42) I love you Mod
44) MOOOOOOORE AtE. Whatever guys, lynch me, my life is a black abyss.
47) I love how all of his suspects are the ones that attacked him
50)
Furcolow wrote:xite, stop the ad hom right now
vote: xite
And there's your proof
51) Another good read!
52) I can't stop laughing when I see this.
54-57 too ^
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Xite91 »

danakillsu wrote:Let's put this another way, shall we? You are a human. You do some things to seem more human sometimes. You wouldn't want people calling you inhuman for your behavior. Just because you do things to seem more like a human like combing your hair or putting on deodorant doesn't mean you are not in fact human.
I don't care what people think about me, because whether or not I act it, I am human.
Also, I like to see people's reactions and find out what kind of people they are, so sometimes I do things against the norm.

How's that for a metaphor?

@Wickid, what does that make me? I FoS'd Dana, but didn't vote him, and I'm on the frank wagon.
There are many who were on both wagons IIRC
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:21 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm really not reading this thread, no.

Mod, if you want to look for a replacement for me, that'd be nice.

This game is moving too fast with too many walls of text for me to actually keep up. :(
And I really wanted to play with this playerlist so bad.
green shirt thursdays
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Xite91 »

xRECKONERx wrote:I'm really not reading this thread, no.

This game is moving too fast with too many walls of text for me to actually keep up. :(
Then do it, just ISO who you think is scummy, tell us why and actually try to read, it's slowing down, and after D1 it will go much slower (Especially if we lynch Frank :P ) So just keep at it and try keeping up
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Benmage »

xRECKONERx wrote:Benmage needs rope, probably.
:?:
Furcolow wrote: You already are insane. I would be going insane if I was scum at L-2 or L-1 too.
In my younger days I've gone quite berserk being strung up on what I felt were incorrect reasonings..(as town)
Furcolow wrote: You're 19?
Furcolow wrote:I'm not the best player in the world yet, but I am both older than you and more experienced than you when it comes to mafia.

You're older than me. Yet I am much more experienced than you, and arguably the best player in the world. This is the second time I am reading this 19 pathetic thing. If she was much younger and still developing congitive thinking and playing poorly.....maybe...But not called out by someone as lowly as you. Why don't you argue something like she's female and has worse analytical capacity....that'll sell :roll: .
Bunnylover wrote: I was saying that I don't see why I am getting confronted for "lurking" when their are several more people who haven't posted and yet no one has called them out for "lurking".
Deflection noted.
Porochaz wrote: I have played 60+ games, and I have a bigger penis... oh wait, I don't care.
Win.

On pg 12 =/….Trying here. But its zooming. Been busy irl. And theres little motivation in reading this game when everytime I come back a few more pages spring up. Although with the lessening spam spat from furc/dana its becoming more bearable.

Iso flame says not hammering….moar votes.
Vote Frank
. This guy is terrible.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Benmage »

xRECKONERx wrote:I'm really not reading this thread, no.

Don't be a bitch, bitch. The game will have to slow eventually. Replacements fubar games. Plus how much harder would it be for them, than for you....

Bitch.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Porochaz »

Two of them were. The other two on the main "bandwagons" were out down when there was only one person on the wagon at the time (shanba for dana, xite for frank- even then, that vote was put down before the reasons I voted frank for) so it's not really opportunistic when I am one of the first on the scene. People can agree with me and make it a bandwagon however when I went and voted, it wasn't one. Besides even if it was, would it matter? Why are they the two main bandwagons in the game? I mean the suspicions against them weren't baseless and if they were why were they bandwagons? The fact is the aim of the game is to catch scum, I have voted for two people I have suspicions against. People have agreed with the premise so have voted with me. Also, how do you know, Frank isn't scum? There is no reason to assume Frank is town at the moment. I mean, your calling me opportunistic for being on a popular wagon but there has to be a reason on why its popular.

I'm trying hard to work out your reasons for voting me, the fact that I have been on the 2 biggest bandwagons is a null argument as I explained in the paragraph above. I don't feel giving my views on the players that aren't near the top of my scum list is helpful, it just muddies the water. I think your voting me, simply because I'm voting Frank. Your arguments are false and are a misrepresentation and I'm really struggling to see your motives if your town. I think you have failed to make any compelling argument against me and you are struggling to make it stick.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:45 am

Post by flinter »

danakillsu wrote:Let's put this another way, shall we? You are a human. You do some things to seem more human sometimes. You wouldn't want people calling you inhuman for your behavior. Just because you do things to seem more like a human like combing your hair or putting on deodorant doesn't mean you are not in fact human.
and if I was someone trying to blend in, I would tell them I used deodorant that morning (in stead of just talking about the weather like everybody else)

so, why again did you breadcrumb?

Porochaz above post is a good one.
please, don't kill me.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Xite91 »

flinter wrote:
and if I was someone trying to blend in, I would tell them I used deodorant that morning (in stead of just talking about the weather like everybody else)
I lol'd. This is an awesome argument, actually
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:57 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Xite91 wrote:Okay, Useful ISO time!!!
Ok, apparently it's been so long that played Mafia that there are new ways of posting that I'm not quite grasping. ISO numbers? This clearly isnt post 16 of the game, nor does it make sense in context of my 16th post
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Not seeing the Frank case.
green shirt thursdays
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Xite91 »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Xite91 wrote:Okay, Useful ISO time!!!
Ok, apparently it's been so long that played Mafia that there are new ways of posting that I'm not quite grasping. ISO numbers? This clearly isnt post 16 of the game, nor does it make sense in context of my 16th post
As in, when you read him in ISO (look at the bottom of the page, you can read one person at a time) These are the numbers to his post.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:16 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Xite91 wrote:16) Here's two point UA makes that are just too valid not to be buddying...
Here, have some context
UltimaAvalon wrote:
JDodge wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:Pretty confident today, JDodge, aren't we? Dana is a moron who's covering his tracks, but I don't think he's scum yet. At least, I don't think a shitty No True Scotsman argument is enough to label him as such.
OK then, who do you think is scum? I see no reason to not push forward on our best leads at all times. You can't make progress sitting there waiting for something to happen.
Oh, no, I agree, we should def lynch Dana before those who might also be scum have a chance to post. Good call.
UltimaAvalon wrote:
JDodge wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
JDodge wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:Also, pot, kettle, etc
explanation
You of all people are not allowed to call anyone "authoritative" nor accuse them of asserting said authority onto others. Ever
There's a difference between asserting yourself and saying "I'm experienced, listen to me". Do you agree or no?
Show me where Dana said "I'm experienced, listen to me"
In both cases I was never defending Dana, I was attacking JDodge. Call it "buddying" all you want, but I wasn't going to sit here and let JD shepard a Large Town, as he's prone to do.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Shanba »

I don't think frank is that scummy, tbqh. He doesn't seem the brightest marker in the pencilcase but I don't really "get" what is supposed to be so scummy about him.

Hiphop, there's something I don't get.
No opinion after 8 pages. As far as I care I just want a bw. vote danakillsu

This is my 2nd large normal. Even though I was scum in the last one, day 1 is the same to me. As far as I am concerned the only thing useful day one after day 1 is the bws. Hitting scum day 1 in a large normal is luck, so let's just lynch someone and get it over with.
8. I felt that iso 2 alone deserved my vote, since he hasn't done anything to counter it IMO, but being that everybody who voted him gave that reason, why should I say it again? If a person is scummy and has a bw day 1 in this large of a game, then that lynch is fine with me.
In your first post you quite clearly state you have no opinion (or have I misunderstood?) And yet, you claim later that you were voting hom for the same reason as everybody else. What's more, you've stated that you don't think it really matters who we lynch day 1, yet you claim later in the second post I quoted (here for the audience playing along at home) that you're going to do some isos before voting. So clearly it does matter.

I also don't get prozac's unvote. Yes, he's added a little more since before your vote, but crucially he still hasn't given any reads (except for, again, in the post I quoted where he gives a read on dana and a small amount of (albeit fairly interesting) analysis on xite.) In fact, that post was prompted by wraith attacking him, so it's fair to say that hiphop has only delivered under pressure. So why ease up the pressure?

In summary, I don't like the fact that he thinks day 1 is worthless and wants to wagon anyone (see here), as I think this is antitown; (I initially voted for pressure because I wanted to have something we could use to help read him in later days but the more I dig the more interesting it gets.) Later he seems to retract that and states that he did have a reason and he did have opinions, which I don't get at all. He's only delivered content when under pressure, which is typical of scum wanting to stay under the radar. Oh, and I still don't know who he thinks is scum (possibly xite?)
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Xite91 »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Xite91 wrote:16) Here's two point UA makes that are just too valid not to be buddying...
Here, have some context
Hun, that was sarcasm. I figured it didn't need sarcasm tags. I was saying you were making valid points, but because they were defending someone else, he was saying it was buddying. It was a whole post of bullshit, his ISO 16 was
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:22 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Xite91 wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Here, have some context
Hun, that was sarcasm. I figured it didn't need sarcasm tags. I was saying you were making valid points, but because they were defending someone else, he was saying it was buddying. It was a whole post of bullshit, his ISO 16 was
Actually, it was directed at both you and Frank, since, as far as I know, he's still convinced Dana and I are BFF
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:25 am

Post by danakillsu »

@ Flinter
Don't know if that was supposed to be sarcastic, so I don't know how to respond.
@ Wickedest
I'm not so awesome at Mafia Theory that I actually know what point in the game is the best time to breadcrumb at. Why are you asking me all these questions about breadcrumbs? I'm doing it because I've seen others do it and people (including me) have believed their claims. I know some of the reasons for that, but not all. Maybe you should just enlighten us if there's something you know and we don't.
@ xite
So maybe YOU don't do stuff that way, but plenty of people do, and you don't say "that person is not human" just because they're trying to look like other humans. And sometimes it does take effort to look like what you really are, which is really my main point.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Mysterio »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Now we have a vote on Porochaz by wickedestjr for the same weak reason he voted me,
This is not true.
You called my vote on dana opportunistic and voted for me, and now you're calling Porochaz's vote on Frank opportunistic and you're voting for him. In both cases, you've avoided voting on the two main wagons and are now using votes on those same wagons as a scum tell. What this looks like to me is a deliberate attempt to manufacture scum tells by using whatever wagon pops up. I have a feeling if the Frank wagon dies and some other wagon pops up, you'll vote someone else for being "opportunistic". This is called fake scumhunting.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:44 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Why don't we have more Wraith votes?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:44 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

EBWOP:
danakillsu, 437 wrote:@ ConfidAnon
Well, for one thing, I said Wraith and Furc were both scum, and I have to choose one of them. But for another thing, if Furc flips town somehow it partially clears Wraith, who has been defending him.
It wouldn't clear him at all. Scum buddy to town all the time.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Wraith »

I wish I could explain exactly why my defense of Furcolow isn't scummy, but this will have to suffice: It's just what I do. He's a waste of a lynch.

I'm somewhat far behind and stressed the hell out. I'll catch up later.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”