vollkan (2) <-~ Sando, jasonT1981

Not voting (3) <-~ Locke Lamora, Porochaz, Zajnet

11 living; 6 will do it.

Deadline:
Saturday, September 4th at 6 P.M. EST

Porochaz and Zajnet have been prodded.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Zajnet »

Whoops, got prodded. Time flies when I'm taking 16 hours of honors courses >.> speaking of which, gotta run to one of them. I'll post a catch-up post and some analysis later tonight.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Looking at Zajnet in ISO, he really has not added much to the game.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Jack »

Jack wrote:Oh jason. If I hadn't mislynched you once before.
jasonT1981 wrote:Actually... reading over supreme court, he played similar there to his early play in this game.

unvote: Jack
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
farside wrote:You obviously never played with Jack. I dubbed him the person to always do something scummy for reaction purposes. It's why I like playing with him. He gets the game going that way.
I’m going to agree. My experience with Jack shows exactly this behaviour.
Can someone explain the "HUGE difference" between these to me?
“I mislynced you once in another game that has no bearing on your alignment here, so you must be Town”
This is magna's description of my quote. Why is my bringing up supreme court a reference to "a game that has no bearing on jason's alignment"? That's an outright dismissal of meta.
magna wrote:You didn’t reference other games where Jason plays the same. Just a single outlier. Have you played in other games where Jason was mislynched playing like he is?
In the alternative vote game which you linked to his was mislynched day 1 (not by me, I was voting scum).

The article I posted refutes a lot of your comments as well by the way.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Jack »

I suppose to be fair, magna was just as whiny (sorry but you are :/) when I voted him in small town. Although I eventually got a town read out of it. But it's hard to judge people who throw as much crappy reasoning and rhetoric as they can at any suspicion. Reminds me of how parama reacted in pizzaria mafia as scum, so.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Jack »

Jack in stardust mafia wrote:Will post again soon explaining why magna is scum.
Jack in stardust mafia wrote:It's possible that magna is town and simply jumps on the rhetoric-train for no good reason.
:? I was defending zang-scum for bad meta reasons at that point in the game too, the "this person isn't as scummy as they think he is because he's often scummy ------ mentally putting them in the town pile" is a bit of a mental trap that I can fall into.

So I will step back a bit from this game,

zajnet or ythan may really be the best lynch.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Jack »

hmm, moi's posts leading up to deadline don't seem to be from a scum point of view.

It seems like I dropped jason after the start today because of moi going on his wagon. He is actually scummy and I trust sotty and farside.

unvote, vote:Jason
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Jack »

zajnet had 10 posts on site in the three days he didn't post here. He was also quite active and towny in the gamy I played with him where he was towny.

unvote

To let things settle down a bit.

jason-zajnet--ythan, is possible.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Jack »

jason-zajnet--ythan, is possible.
mmm, this leaves out vollkan. Can't think of anything porochaz has said. Had a slight town impression frome locke.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Sando »

Vollkan wrote:Prozac had been abundantly clear that he was RL-busy. Yes, he should have caught up properly by that. But he clearly hadn't, at least to the point of being able to post. That sucks, it's anti-town, and it simply spreads the cancer that is lurking, etc etc - but it isn't scummy.
What? My post quite clearly states that HE had said the he had caught up.

Saying you are caught up, but have no opinion, is scummy.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Jack »

Zajnet is scum
vote:zajnet
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

He aint really done much though Jack.. I am not sure he is scum. right now I feel vollkan is a better lynch.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Jack »

Zajnet wrote:Whoops, got prodded. Time flies when I'm taking 16 hours of honors courses >.> speaking of which, gotta run to one of them. I'll post a catch-up post and some analysis later tonight.
This post is today, wednesday.

He posted content in another game today.

On tuesday he had 8 posts, in 3 different games.

monday he posted once

sunday was the last time he'd posted

So why is he pretending like he's been busy with honors courses and hasn't had time to post? That excuse reads fake to me.

In trader mafia as town he had 93 posts--10% of the game. Here he has 14 posts--less than 4%. And they have been very content light.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:48 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I dont dispute him being busy with courses, I know how busy you can get when doing stuff like that. My final year nearly everything was sacrificed to get it done, social life... games etc. I had little time to do anything else.

How recent was Trader mafia though? Maybe he has just taken on too many games and is suffering for that.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Jack »

jasonT1981 wrote:I dont dispute him being busy with courses, I know how busy you can get when doing stuff like that. My final year nearly everything was sacrificed to get it done, social life... games etc. I had little time to do anything else.

How recent was Trader mafia though? Maybe he has just taken on too many games and is suffering for that.
But he obviously isn't busy with courses :?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Jack »

I'm gonna say the scumteam is probably

zajnet
jason
vollkan (bussing)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

jasonT1981 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
I really don't know why zach replaced. He's in other games
and it bothers me when I see someone being pressured who replaces out of the blue
I caught this earlier, but didnt post as I wanted to check somethings out first before posting anything concrete.

Hmmm this is actually a lie designed to make the role I have replaced in, look even scummier. Zachrulez is not actually involved in any active games. the only games he is in... is a hydra account with Sotty herself. However, the Zachrulez account IS NOT currently playing any games. So this is a barefaced lie.

Major FOS: Farside
Looked at Zachrulez and he inned to IC on August 23rd. Read his post before you call out liars
Oh wait scum doesn't bother to check facts that make them look scummier
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

jasonT1981 wrote:Looking at Zajnet in ISO, he really has not added much to the game.
Oh look were lurker hunting where's Porochaz in this post?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

Oh and zach was in a game before August 21st so don't give me the he wasn't in another game liar comment again.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by vollkan »

First off, some meta stuff about my point and reading system, because there seems to be some confusion. (eg. Jason: "His points system is a bit weird")

I've employed the system this in many games. Ages ago, I used to do it every game. Now I do it in two situations: a) Where I have replaced; or b) Where I have lost track of the game. A score of 0 is confirmed town, a score of 100 is confirmed scum. 50 is neutral (not "no opinion"). In theory, a score of 70 is my "I'd be happy to lynch you" threshold, but the average score of my top suspects has tended to degrade over time (which I think is because I have become increasingly skeptical of scumtells, even more so than I was before).

As for the way I structure my read, it's mainly a product of me not trusting gut at all. I find posts like "Scum: x, y, z. Town: a, b, c" to be absolutely useless except for establishing scumlinks (90% of the time, I will ignore them entirely). In short, I am far more interested in details than "big picture" stuff. Hence, I don't do the standard thing of reading and just posting a short list of my position on each person. Further, and a second rationale, is one of transparency, in the sense that because I am focussed on details, I need to show everybody else what details I have chosen to focus on (as you will see below, this is an issue that annoys me).
Jason wrote: In his catch up read through, I would think he would have noticed my day 1 suspicion of Jack. As well as continued suspicion on Day 2 early on when I questioned him for his roleclaim.. and a possible retraction of the claim. I am not sure if his post was an actual retraction or not.. His declaring Charlie Obv town at start of day2 but did nothing on day 1 to say that.
My catch-up read focussed, as should be obvious, on posts that I found scummy, that I found interestnig, or that I wanted to mark for possible scum-link purposes.

It infuriates me to no end that somebody who skim-reads and posts a vague "Scum: x, y, z. Town: a, b, c" will usually go unchallenged, but for some reason, because I choose to make more detailed posts, there is some sort of expectation that I remember EVERYTHING that happens.

Your vote that I attacked simply said:
Jason wrote: Jack, I will vote when I am good and ready to vote, not when you demand it... alright? good.

Also, if Jack is pushing me so much? why is his vote not on me?

don't buy it

vote:Jack
That made no sense to me. If you had other reasons for voting Jack, fine, but my default assumption is that each voting post will either be clearly linked to earlier suspicion or contain the basis for the suspicion within it. Yours had neither and I didn't have your background suspicion in my head. Having done what for me is a relatively fast read, I wasn't au fait with anything that I hadn't specifically committed to memory in my notes (ie attacked).
Jack wrote: Yeah I think those are very valid criticisms of vollkan's catchup posts, and signs of fakery. fos:vollkan
How so?
Jack wrote: You have me at the lowest, right? But Jasons vote looks like distancing?
You'll notice throughout my read I make notes of possible scumlinks. That was one (because of there being an argument between you two that made little sense to me from Jason's end and resulted in a vote that made little sense; it seemed confected).

The suspicion on Jason was for the vote itself, not for the distancing.
Jack wrote: So why am I at 50?
Because individually I don't find you scummy. What is it that you find problematic about the idea that I can not suspect you as an individual but also be looking out for possible signs of scumlinks between you and others?
Farside wrote: 3) I don't know volkan's play style per say. I don't understand the final number and how porochaz is so low. I don't care about RL issues I have my own and I can still come on and scum hunt
The case against Prozac as I see it is basically that he is being 'inactive'. He's raised valid RL issues. As somebody who has become inactive/passive in many games over his time because of RL committments, I have a firm position that somebody in a situation like Prozac's is NOT scummy. Farside, the fact that you can post despite having issues of your own is relevant for your meta, but entirely irrelevant to the question of
whether Prozac is scum in this game
. I don't like the way he is playing and I wish he would post more, but that doesn't make it scummy.
Sando wrote:
Vollkan wrote:Prozac had been abundantly clear that he was RL-busy. Yes, he should have caught up properly by that. But he clearly hadn't, at least to the point of being able to post. That sucks, it's anti-town, and it simply spreads the cancer that is lurking, etc etc - but it isn't scummy.
What? My post quite clearly states that HE had said the he had caught up.

Saying you are caught up, but have no opinion, is scummy.
His post said he had "caught up", but he also said he didn't have scumreads. In a situation where you know as a matter of FACT that he is busy, it is ridiculous to think that he should therefore have proper suspicions formed. It's very easy to read a game, without having all the benefits that come from being an active player, and not be able to find anybody scummy, particularly where, as was clearly the case with Prozac, you are otherwse busy
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

The case against Prozac as I see it is basically that he is being 'inactive'. He's raised valid RL issues. As somebody who has become inactive/passive in many games over his time because of RL committments, I have a firm position that somebody in a situation like Prozac's is NOT scummy. Farside, the fact that you can post despite having issues of your own is relevant for your meta, but entirely irrelevant to the question of whether Prozac is scum in this game. I don't like the way he is playing and I wish he would post more, but that doesn't make it scummy.
He's slacking off in this game. His "attacks" on others are highly questionable to downright lazy or at the very least not full of anything worthwhile.
At the end of day 1 he stated he reread the game and had no scum suspect.
Put the fact that RL issues is find and dandy I have had to replace do to RL issues but my main issue with Poro is his lack of scum hunting or offering anything of value which is why he is still on my scum list.
Those defending him while attacking others who state they are busy with RL issues (looks to Jason) gives me a connection I'm not backing off of.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by vollkan »

farside22 wrote:
The case against Prozac as I see it is basically that he is being 'inactive'. He's raised valid RL issues. As somebody who has become inactive/passive in many games over his time because of RL committments, I have a firm position that somebody in a situation like Prozac's is NOT scummy. Farside, the fact that you can post despite having issues of your own is relevant for your meta, but entirely irrelevant to the question of whether Prozac is scum in this game. I don't like the way he is playing and I wish he would post more, but that doesn't make it scummy.
He's slacking off in this game. His "attacks" on others are highly questionable to downright lazy or at the very least not full of anything worthwhile.
At the end of day 1 he stated he reread the game and had no scum suspect.
Put the fact that RL issues is find and dandy I have had to replace do to RL issues but my main issue with Poro is his lack of scum hunting or offering anything of value which is why he is still on my scum list.
Those defending him while attacking others who state they are busy with RL issues (looks to Jason) gives me a connection I'm not backing off of.
Where did Jason say he has RL issues?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:39 am

Post by Sando »

Vollkan wrote:His post said he had "caught up", but he also said he didn't have scumreads. In a situation where you know as a matter of FACT that he is busy, it is ridiculous to think that he should therefore have proper suspicions formed. It's very easy to read a game, without having all the benefits that come from being an active player, and not be able to find anybody scummy, particularly where, as was clearly the case with Prozac, you are otherwse busy
So, uh, where did I accuse Poro of lurking like you claimed I did?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

The only time i came close to real life issues was the other day where I posted in all my games that I had a headache and would not be posting that day.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:11 am

Post by vollkan »

Sando wrote:
Vollkan wrote:His post said he had "caught up", but he also said he didn't have scumreads. In a situation where you know as a matter of FACT that he is busy, it is ridiculous to think that he should therefore have proper suspicions formed. It's very easy to read a game, without having all the benefits that come from being an active player, and not be able to find anybody scummy, particularly where, as was clearly the case with Prozac, you are otherwse busy
So, uh, where did I accuse Poro of lurking like you claimed I did?
If by "lurking" you mean "not posting", then you didn't accuse of him of that. And I've been clear in all my elaboration posts that my problem was with you attacking him for actively lurking. An attack on active lurking isn't necessarily scummy, but it is (at least to the tune of +1) where it is on a player who quite clearly been not playing properly for legitimate reasons.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”