Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

That was fun, especially when I had to cross my fingers for the last two days and hope I wouldn't be lynched.

Other things:

- The setup was really balanced and like shepherd said, depended a lot on each players skills rather then just having uber-awesome roles. At first glance it looks like its town sided since town can easily clear each other through investigations and association but once you realize that by clearing people you're just letting the scum know who to kill it becomes a lot more balanced.
- I was pretty lucky. I probably wouldn't have won so easily if I hadn't given contaminated results on Pacman twice.
- commuter claim = bad idea. If I claimed VT I could have won a lot easier.

Overall I had a lot of fun :D
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

DAMMIT
DAMMIT
DAMMIT
DAMMIT
DAMMIT
DAMMIT
DAMMIT
DAMMIT

I KNEW THERE WAS A CONTAMINATOR I TOLD YOU WHYYYYYYYY

Argh, good game Doombunny. You won for the mafia a game that looked like a sure town win. I hate you :D
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Damn, and I was definitely onto something with Doombunny's commuter claim and Korashk's lack of activity. Definitely a learning experience for me.

And once again, damn you Shotty. He wins by doing absolutely nothing. *cries*
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Katsuki »

WTF

I KNEW THAT DOOMBUNNY WAS SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZWET I HATE YOU FOR YOUR GAMBIT!!! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANTED TO CRY THE MOMENT YOU SAID THAT YOU LIED ABOUT YOUR INVESTIGATION
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Doombunny9 wrote:That was fun, especially when I had to cross my fingers for the last two days and hope I wouldn't be lynched.

Other things:

- The setup was really balanced and like shepherd said, depended a lot on each players skills rather then just having uber-awesome roles. At first glance it looks like its town sided since town can easily clear each other through investigations and association but once you realize that by clearing people you're just letting the scum know who to kill it becomes a lot more balanced.
- I was pretty lucky. I probably wouldn't have won so easily if I hadn't given contaminated results on Pacman twice.
- commuter claim = bad idea. If I claimed VT I could have won a lot easier.

Overall I had a lot of fun :D
I wanted to lynch you the moment you claimed commuter... T^T
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Plus, even before you claimed commuter, I was 80% certain that you were scum...
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Great game. Can't believe scum won. Scum-doombunny was obv. Thanks host, was a lot of fun.

I thought you guys had this game when zwet claimed he targeted doombunny. When you guys went on to lynch Zajnet (I really have no idea why) my heart dropped. I was really excited that my investigate hit scum, too bad I died. If doombunny had killed zwet instead of me, we would have won.

@doombunny: Out of curiousity, why me?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Katsuki wrote:WTF

ZWET I HATE YOU FOR YOUR GAMBIT!!! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then why lynch Zajnet if you knew he was scum? Makes 0 sense.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Yeah, in hindsight we should have just lynched Doombunny simply because of his claim. Even if he turned out to be town, we could at least remove him as a variable. Also, people kept switching their votes off Doombunny, and zwet's little gambit did make it seem like Korashk was scum. Oh well, still a good game.

And I forgot to say that the balancing was excellent. I'd definitely sign up for another Shepherd game.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Katsuki »

LynchMePls wrote:
Katsuki wrote:WTF

Then why lynch Zajnet if you knew he was scum? Makes 0 sense.
Because zwet claimed he investigated zajnet. I thought it was roleblocker and not contaminator... I'm still kicking myself over that one.

Why else would he kill you instead of me... I forgot about non-normal roles.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Forgot to say, wp'ed doombunny. You had me continuously doubting my gut feeling...
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Just want to restate, this game was a lot of fun. Thanks mod.

doombunny deserves all the glory for the scum win here. He was playing with a major handicap.

V/LA on weekends
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

Thanks for the encouragement. It will be a little while before I host again, a few months that is. But, I will let you all know when I do.

I really like this variation on the cop role. I think it made it much harder to play. I thought Zwets early confirm was ballsy. I thought that he would have been a little more powerful to lead to the victory because of that. I would have expected him to be killed much sooner too. It interested me that LMP was selected before Zwet by Doombunny.

I think that town really should have lynched the odd claim out when they had the safety days. Not in LyLo.

The other weakness was Zajnets total dead player, and korashks boredom. If those 2 players were more active and true players, then it would have made it better for town. That was one blessing for Mafia. They have taught me that I need the raise my minimum standard posting requirement. I struggled with what to do with Zajnet. I prodded him 2 or 3 times. He always came back and posted.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:57 pm

I found it hilarious to watch you all guess what roles I designed. And, Katsuki had a phenomenal rebuttal to the DNA Decoder claim. But, he really knew the real title since he was back up.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Wolves on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

LMP wrote:@doombunny: Out of curiousity, why me?
To be honest, I have no idea XD Lucky I did though.

I'm also surprised that I didn't get lynched. I should have been killed D4 due to my claim and zwet's "investigation"

Also the reasoning about my killing of Kat rather than zwet last night didn't have that much to do with zwets "If I die lynch DB" post (which actually shouldn't have been considered at all since if town listened to zwet and i killed him I'd be lynched and if I didn't I'd be considered as "he didn't want to be lynched so he must be scum". I was just me playing it as safely as I could. Ididn't want to risk Kat outing another investigation, even if it would end up as inconclusive.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by don_johnson »

for what its worth, i would have pushed for the commuter lynch. it was actually well played by doombunny. korashk was reading vt all the way for me. but db fought uphill and deserved the win. nothing "easy" about it. i was a little worried about balance at first, curious town power got to use their role pregame, but mafia didn't get to kill anyone, but now that i see how the mechanic worked, i think it was fine. town did well on the first two lynches. oh well. fun game.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Hey prox!! our terrible idea didnt fail after all
#freeShotty
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:24 pm

So, the pre game investigation, I felt was really important to actually balance it towards town. I was not expecting a Collector claim until day 2 or 3. And, because the information was so partial and difficult to discuss without open thread discussion, I thought town needed it. I did give pre game blocking too. But, Doombunny did not know who to block. So, I thought it unnecessary to allow a kill. Actually, I felt a night 0 kill really would have destroyed the balance towards mafia too much.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Also, I chose 2 different collectors so that it would make it harder to just say the innocent belongs here and the guilty there. It would have been 50% chance. And, when the guilty and inconclusive come together, that really proved to be the case.

Interesting me was the fact than LMP and Zwet never investigated the same person on the same night. If that happened, I would have been the 100% certainty.

I was going to laugh if day one Hrezs came out. I think he was not speaking up because he did not know a backup was there. And, he got the guilty and innocent for pre game. So, he really felt he had a good chance that Prox was guilty. But, prox felt that he put on too much pressure, and did not question Zwet enough. That is why they selected him for Night 1 lynch. But, if Hrezs announced his results of 2 that would have outed the other Collector early game too.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Did the story line mean much to you all. I think it has a place. And, I tried to make a creative twist. My problem was that it was hard to write too far before I saw the outcome. I wanted to pre-write the whole thing. But, who dies really can change the story line when I mix the characters in with the none playing characters. But, it takes time to write the story as the game plays. And, it made it a little challenging to be ready, especially after day 2. I knew people wanted the results. But, 24 hours was just too quick. I did not have enough time to even think of where to take the storyline before it was ready to be posted. Parts of the story I just made up as I went. Like the final twist did not come until last night. I kept wondering, how do I finish the climax if mafia win.

I feel that it came out okay. But, I thought I would ask your feedback on it. What could I improve? What would make it more engaging? The DNA theme did not tie in as much as I thought I would make it, expect in the player roles. I thought I was going to go father with the Monica side. But, then I took off with the details about Jerry. And, I just was not sure how to write in the death scenes where it seemed realistic that it could happen to one person.

The alternate ending, if Doombunny died, is that Jerry would have found out that Nick was Doombunny from another member of town. He would have learned of Doombunny's plot to frame him, but would have been saved by the success of uncovering Doombunny. Just in case you wondered.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Hrezs »

I totally overplayed my role, i felt it day 1 and was planning on claiming at the start of day 2 if for some reason I lived through the night(The only 2 other people I thought had a possibility of dying were prox and kat, if they were town. Its because the 3 of us are the ones that knew shotty the most)

i felt terrible when you guys lynched Zaj, with all the scanning power I'm surprised he wasn't chosen..
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Hrezs »

ebwop: its funny because
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Doombunny9 wrote:
LMP wrote:@doombunny: Out of curiousity, why me?
To be honest, I have no idea XD Lucky I did though.

I'm also surprised that I didn't get lynched. I should have been killed D4 due to my claim and zwet's "investigation"

Also the reasoning about my killing of Kat rather than zwet last night didn't have that much to do with zwets "If I die lynch DB" post (which actually shouldn't have been considered at all since if town listened to zwet and i killed him I'd be lynched and if I didn't I'd be considered as "he didn't want to be lynched so he must be scum". I was just me playing it as safely as I could. Ididn't want to risk Kat outing another investigation, even if it would end up as inconclusive.
You picked correctly. Had you not killed me, I would've pushed for your lynch until the end. I knew I made a mistake when zajnet flipped, but by then, it was too late.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Oh, not to mention I totally expected zwet to die instead of myself, lol.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Mysterio »

I don't know about everyone else, but I enjoyed the flavor. There's a reason why crime novels are so popular. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”