EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:45 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Thok:
Thok [297] wrote:<snip> Also, EmpTyger, don't try to convince everybody to investigate me tonight; I don't mind 1-3 people investigating me tonight, but 7 or more investigations of me is a little redundant.<snip>
Adorable. Though for the record, if it were up to me to convince others, I wouldn’t have investigations wasted on you. I’ll let Vesuvan have fun with your two “tells”: trying to orchestrate nightactions and also putting words in my mouth.

Puzzle:
If you’re not going to response further to the points brought up (especially those of mine) you might as well claim; you’re easily one of the most suspicious players, and currently the one who would be easiest to lynch. If you are going to be claiming, however, I would ask that you wait until HezL clarifies [284]...

HezL:
...Which you should do very quickly.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:59 pm

Post by VisMaior »

I have some toughts aboult Hez, but Ill wait till he posts.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:20 pm

Post by Puzzle »

Well, claim time, I guess, although I would have liked more inputs and positioning from Lurker & Co.

I am Hammurabi - Babylonians.
I started with units everyone have available + the Bowman (Unique Unit, as I understand, 2/1/1) already available. However, I built a horseman 0/0/2 for the reasons I already explained.

There is a bit of flavour at the beginning of my PM, which I can detail if necessary.

Is it ?
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:25 pm

Post by VisMaior »

, I would ask that you wait until HezL clarifies
Not paying much attention, eh, Puzzle?
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:11 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Puzzle's claim can be seen as a reason why he didn't think too much about special units (because the Babylonian SU isn't much worth from the 'build only investigators'-point of view).

Does this necessarily mean I buy the claim? No. Plausible, but not confirmed.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:19 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

So now what, we all confirm we're not the Babylonians? it would at least point out the serious lurkers....

I can see the Unique Unit argument from Puzzle's POV, but he's still been really squirrely. It's not like the Bowman couldn't be targeted separately from your cop, and it would cover a scum kill nicely if you succeeded.
Retired as of October 2014.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:32 am

Post by Puzzle »

Mr. Flay wrote:So now what, we all confirm we're not the Babylonians? it would at least point out the serious lurkers....

I can see the Unique Unit argument from Puzzle's POV, but he's still been really squirrely. It's not like the Bowman couldn't be targeted separately from your cop, and it would cover a scum kill nicely if you succeeded.
Okay, I'm lost. What do you mean, here ?
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:27 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Puzzle: Since you've already built a 'cop' (0/0/2), you could choose to create a UU next, and still use the horseman for investigations. Since your bowman is 2/1/1, it functions best as a vigilante. Coincidentally, that doesn't stop you from killing at night, regardless of which side you are on. Eventually, it WILL make sense to start vig-killing, once we get enough cops going, and sort out how they are to be used.

Does that make more sense? Also,
FOS: Thok
for trying to discourage more investigations on him... with the failure rate, and the possibility of sanity issues, how can we really go wrong with multiple investigations on anybody?
Retired as of October 2014.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:41 am

Post by Thok »

Mr. Flay wrote:Does that make more sense? Also,
FOS: Thok
for trying to discourage more investigations on him... with the failure rate, and the possibility of sanity issues, how can we really go wrong with multiple investigations on anybody?
15 investigations on any one person would clearly be redundant, even if only 4 of them succeeded. Is that not blatantly obvious?

As a practical matter, I'd suggest using random.org to decide who you should investigate. Perhaps give yourself a 1/10 chance of investigating somebody suspicious, and a 9/10 chance of just investigating purely randomly. (Fiddle your numbers to what you think are appropriate). We have a lot investigations-we should use them to attempt to investigate a lot of people.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:57 am

Post by Puzzle »

OK, I just understood the problem with what I said : I thought that it was either advance, or use units, or build one. Re-reading post 3, it appears that building and using units are not incompatible. So, yes, I understand your suspicion on me now.

However, may I underline that :
- this post is available for the mafia to read, which proves that whatever my side, this was an honest mistake.
- the use of units and developments was not mentioned in my PM, which confirms that I had just as many chances to make this mistake occur whatever side I'm on.

So, although my misreading post #3 can be seen as bad play, I don't think it proves much about my alignment.
Commodore Amazing
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:12 am

Post by armlx »

Unvote

Vote Thok

Puzzle checks out with my PM, and asking not to be investigated???
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:30 pm

Post by Thok »

Note for everybody: my most important comment to a vast majority of the people in the game in this post is the stuff before the Metacomments. Feel free to read the other stuff also, which is a bunch of comments to EmpTyger.
armlx wrote:
Unvote

Vote Thok

Puzzle checks out with my PM, and asking not to be investigated???
Have you even read what I'm saying? I don't mind being investigated a small number of times-I've even said so in post 297, but I shouldn't be the only person investigated tonight.
unvote Puzzle
whose pm (and unit info) does check out with me also, and
FOS armlx
for blatantly misinterpreting the point of my comments.

And so I don't put this off any longer: a long discussion for EmpTyger.

Metacomment 1: Discussing successful cop investigation percentages is boring. Moreover, your way of doing it by mindlessly computing binomial coefficients is stupidly inefficient; just say something about the Central Limit Theorem and approximate everything by the appropriate Gaussian. Doing computations for computation sake makes it look you are doing something when you are just wasting time and annoying half of town.

Metacomment 2: The other danger of doing mindless computation is that you forget to do things like check to see that your assumptions are valid and causes you to forget other factors. All of your effort at computing numbers didn't help you break the game; your no-lynch plan fell apart (according to you) because you forgot to take into account roleblockers. DON'T START COMPUTING UNTIL YOU'VE GOT THE RIGHT MODEL!!!

I still stand by my laziness comment. I was originally worried that you hadn't thought of the possible consequence of the no-lynch plan. I realized that my comments weren't going to convince anybody and you seemed sure of it's ability to work, so I decided it wasn't worth trying to point out possible flaws. When you suddenly stopped supporting it, I wasn't convinced that the problems with role blockers were as big a flaw as you thought they were; hence my comment. Again, if I had been paying more attention, I would have mentioned something about role blockers.

My comment about Newbie 128 was to point out that in a similar situation, as scum, you specifically encouraged town to stop discussing suspicions while discussing no-lynch. Moreover, you know that we have differing opinions on this. I thought then that you might be scum, attempting to control town in a similar manner to what happened in Newbie 128, and that you expected me to notice and put in the random FOS as a bit of a joke towards me, preemptively recognizing the connection to Newbie 128; something like you saying "I'm scum, but you can't catch me Thok". Please note that such a joke is perfectly consistent with your scum playstyle, Mr. "It's a JOKE!" (And to retroactively preempt you asking about why I'm bringing that up, I'll explain that as scum you do tend to periodically do oddish things like tell jokes that get you into trouble).

If you had random FOSed anybody else at the start, or simply random voted me, I would not have reacted so violently. Similarly, if you hadn't tried to discourage other discussion in that post (which can only help scum-we aren't in any danger of mislynching a valuable power role or revealling a valuable role to scum, given that everybody is roughly the same power).

My day 1 comment was a misstatement-I should have said that I'm not that useful of an "early" day 1 player-I'm more useful once something happens that gives me information. (At this point of the game, I actually have a decent amount of info). I did have a decent amount of info in the Holdem Mini-I knew that we had a failed kill the previous night and hence likely we had to worry about a doc (which was true but turned out to be not the reason for the failed kill), and that there was likely an SK on the loose, and that something was causing players to be roleblocked. Moreover being scum, I also knew the alignment of all of the other players (well, except for the SK, but that didn't really matter from my point of view). I still managed to partially misanalyze everything! In this game I don't have anywhere near the type of info at the beginning of this game, especially given that I'm protown in this game (of course, you can't make the last assumption).
EmpTyger wrote:
Thok [297] wrote:<snip> Also, EmpTyger, don't try to convince everybody to investigate me tonight; I don't mind 1-3 people investigating me tonight, but 7 or more investigations of me is a little redundant.<snip>
Adorable. Though for the record, if it were up to me to convince others, I wouldn’t have investigations wasted on you. I’ll let Vesuvan have fun with your two “tells”: trying to orchestrate nightactions and also putting words in my mouth.
I probably was a little too harsh with my comments there. However, my point does stand; even if it's not your intention, repeatedly accusing me of being scum has the possibility of drawing more investigations to me than should be warranted, and I thought the danger of having 10 or 15 investigations of me (which would waste some of towns resources) was enough to point out the possibility. I should have been less sarcastic.

I haven't made any comments about the interpretation of me not being bandwagoned early, and I don't want to yet (this post is already long enough). I'll add some comments about that later. Also, let me know if there's any details I've missed; I'm sure you want me to counter every single detail possible.
Vesuvan
Vesuvan
Goon
Vesuvan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:26 pm

Post by Vesuvan »

EmpTyger wrote:Puzzle:
If you’re not going to response further to the points brought up (especially those of mine) you might as well claim; you’re easily one of the most suspicious players, and currently the one who would be easiest to lynch. If you are going to be claiming, however, I would ask that you wait until HezL clarifies [284]...

HezL:
...Which you should do very quickly.
FOS: Emptyger

Why do you want him to clarify something that confirms him as a townie?

Still thinking on the Puzzle issue, but thinking Emp may be the best lynch if not Puzzle.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:05 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

I am unable to counterclaim Puzzle.

Vesuvan:
Vesuvan[312] wrote:<snip>Why do you want him to clarify something that confirms him as a townie?<snip>
If you can explain how that confirms HezL as a townie, I will answer that question.

Thok:
Apologies- don’t have time right now to reply right now- will do so this weekend.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:52 pm

Post by Puzzle »

I still think we've got a lurker problem, but IF enough people can agree on my possible townieness, then wouldn't it be worth looking at my wagon for info, mmhhh ?
By the way, guys, a wagon taking off to 7 in 2 pages seems really fast to me.

Puzzle: 7 (Vesuvan, armlx, rajrhcpfreak, Mr. Flay, inHimshallibe, Thok, HezLucky)

Of these:
Vesuvan : started the wagon by what I think to be quite an overstated case. However, if Rajrhcpfreak is scum (see below), I doubt he would have jumped on a fellow scum wagon like he did.
Armlx : I know Armlx to behave regularly like he did, which earned him quite a few day 1 lynches before.
Rajrhcpfreak :
wagonning on no-lynch with 0 personal input + against all-cop + wagonning on me with 0 personal input as 3rd (oh, a tell...) = scummy to me.
Mr. Flay : seems to have thought well (better than me) of how the town manages units. Although I don't think the argument proves much on my alignment, it underlines his center of interest, making him more townish. Additionally, he helped pushing the all-cop and no-No-Lynch, if I remember well.
Inhim : seemed genuinely to see my points against Vesuvan's arguments and refused to join (even voting Mr Flay). Then, when understanding Mr Flay, votes me. He didn't seem eager to wagon for the sake of wagonning : townish.
Thok
: much has already been said about him. His behaviour on my wagon reeks more of scum pushing it to get a lynch than townie analyzing it and coming to a conclusion, imho. i may want to make a re-read on him first, though. Look at #282 : he wagons, but doesn't seem to see Mr Flay's point anymore than me ("it feels like his most recent comments about unit development are an attempt to change discussion"), just saying I ignored comments although I spent quite a bit of time answering everything I could. So, he wagons but doesn't actually bring a valid reason.
HezLucky : no actual reason to suspect him. Barning Mr Flay and Inhim.

Looking at the whole picture, that would make scums in 3rd and 6th position : quite like what I'd expect Mafia to do, personally.

So, for now,
vote Thok
. I could vote Rajr too, and would say that to me either Rajrhcpfreak is scum, or Vesuvan, but not both (not a false dilemna, just analysis of #250 : I doubt a scum would wagon with another one as 1st and 3rd vote in such a manner.
Still, Vesuvan redirecting the heat to EmpTyger, when some people confirms my info matches their PMs and when Emptyger is after Thok, doesn't help me choosing between him and Rajrhcpfreak. This is why I'd rather begin with Thok.
Commodore Amazing
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:07 pm

Post by VisMaior »

My tought about Hez were, that he knew about upgrading mechanics, wich suggests that he has upgraded already. If scum cannot upgrade, this is a towntell. I dont know, barbarians upgrading, strange concept I think.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:36 am

Post by armlx »

I will be gone all weekend. Ugg this game is going slow.....
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:23 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I can't counterclaim with Puzzle.
Unvote
, for now. If nothing else develops any further, I'm in favor of moving on, though. (Read as - I'll vote to avoid a No Lynch).

Geez, I'm ready to do a faceplant.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:32 am

Post by HezLucky »

I will
Unvote: Puzzle
as his claim seems good.

For those of you asking for clarification, look closer. No clarification is needed. If you insist, I will be suspicious of you (but will give it anyway ... not that it should matter).
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:35 am

Post by Astronaut »

inHimshallibe wrote:Geez, I'm ready to do a faceplant.
I read that as "I'm ready to do a face transplant", and thought "Gee, is he
that
unhappy with his looks?" :roll:
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:40 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

crap, i missed his claim.

unvote Puzzle
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:59 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Sire, the votes stand as follows:

Thok: 3 (VisMaior, armlx, Puzzle)
Puzzle: 2 (Vesuvan, Mr. Flay)
swinkee: 2 (d_rouge, Mastermind of Sin)
Mastermind of Sin: 1 (dybeck)

10 to lynch.

Some more people prodded.
Last edited by SinisterOverlord on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:21 pm

Post by Thok »

MOD, You seemed to have missed it in my really long post 311, but I'll repeat
unvote Puzzle
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:56 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

d8P replaces mlaker.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:14 am

Post by d8P »

Checking in to say I'm reading. Have RL obligations today but will easily catch up on 11 pages before tonight, though the numbers are giving me a headache.

Woah, just skimmed the last few posts. Bugger RL. Back soon.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”