jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:44 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

farside22 wrote:Oh and zach was in a game before August 21st so don't give me the he wasn't in another game liar comment again.
but your post was 3 days after that... on the 24th August. I did do research. HHe was not active in any games at the time you made this comment. So yes, you have misrepped and lied to dirty the slot further.
farside22 on 24th August wrote:
I really don't know why zach replaced. He's in other games and it bothers me when I see someone being pressured who replaces out of the blue
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:31 am

Post by farside22 »

jasonT1981 wrote:
farside22 wrote:Oh and zach was in a game before August 21st so don't give me the he wasn't in another game liar comment again.
but your post was 3 days after that... on the 24th August. I did do research. HHe was not active in any games at the time you made this comment. So yes, you have misrepped and lied to dirty the slot further.
farside22 on 24th August wrote:
I really don't know why zach replaced. He's in other games and it bothers me when I see someone being pressured who replaces out of the blue
He inned to another game on the 23rd. IE: he isn't that busy and I have seen scum do that before
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:33 am

Post by farside22 »

vollkan wrote:
farside22 wrote:
The case against Prozac as I see it is basically that he is being 'inactive'. He's raised valid RL issues. As somebody who has become inactive/passive in many games over his time because of RL committments, I have a firm position that somebody in a situation like Prozac's is NOT scummy. Farside, the fact that you can post despite having issues of your own is relevant for your meta, but entirely irrelevant to the question of whether Prozac is scum in this game. I don't like the way he is playing and I wish he would post more, but that doesn't make it scummy.
He's slacking off in this game. His "attacks" on others are highly questionable to downright lazy or at the very least not full of anything worthwhile.
At the end of day 1 he stated he reread the game and had no scum suspect.
Put the fact that RL issues is find and dandy I have had to replace do to RL issues but my main issue with Poro is his lack of scum hunting or offering anything of value which is why he is still on my scum list.
Those defending him while attacking others who state they are busy with RL issues (looks to Jason) gives me a connection I'm not backing off of.
Where did Jason say he has RL issues?
Sorry it wasn't Jason that was having the RL issues. It was Zajent.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:35 am

Post by farside22 »

But and sorry to continue but it's early and I'm tired a bit.
I have issues with Jason who says this about Zajnet
jasonT1981 wrote:Looking at Zajnet in ISO, he really has not added much to the game.
Hey the guy just said he was in school and had a lot going on. Poro nor CKD/Ythan have offered anything but when I see a player only point to one person "not adding much" I sense scum trying to flounder instead of scum hunting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:38 am

Post by farside22 »

Vollkan wrote:His post said he had "caught up", but he also said he didn't have scumreads. In a situation where you know as a matter of FACT that he is busy, it is ridiculous to think that he should therefore have proper suspicions formed. It's very easy to read a game, without having all the benefits that come from being an active player, and not be able to find anybody scummy, particularly where, as was clearly the case with Prozac, you are otherwse busy

FOS: Volkan

I don't like you giving Porzac a pass here and excusing his behavior in such a way.
No one I know is that RL busy that they do a reread and have no scum suspect that's just BS.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Sotty7 »

jasonT1981 Post 371 wrote:My point is though, he made it seem that I had no reason what so ever to vote Jack. in response to you saying I voted Jack just because he demanded me to vote... well I strongly disgree...In fact, my vote came MANY posts after he demanded I voted. It was not right away. It was 2 pages and 2 days later I voted from the point Jack demanded..So no, it was not a vote because I was being demanded to vote.
Let's look back shall we?

Here is where Jack demands you vote. Sunday August 22nd at near 7pm CST. You are right that it is two pages until you vote, but the key here
isn't
how many pages have gone by, but how much
you
contributed in that time frame.

You post here about your headache. Fair enough, I know you weren't feeling well that day so I'm going to assume you didn't read the thread. Your next post is this:
jasonT1981 Post 325 wrote:Jack, I will vote when I am good and ready to vote, not when you demand it... alright? good.

Also, if Jack is pushing me so much? why is his vote not on me?

don't buy it

vote:Jack
This is extremely reactive. You make no note of your previous suspicions of Jack and vote him for seemingly being aggressive. It still looks like you are voting him because he demanded you vote, your denial rings very false to me.

In other words to try and twist the situation here to make yourself look better is just all kinds of scummy. You make it sound like a whole bunch of stuff happened when it didn't. Why do that?

= = = = =

Mod: Can we get a prod on Ythan please?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:55 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Poro, Zaj and Ythan all are lurking and not providing anything in the way of content. Specifically calling out any one of them without the others looks like selective reasoning – which is scummy.

@Sando
– Who do you think are vollkan’s partners?
Jason wrote:Looking at Zajnet in ISO, he really has not added much to the game.
Neither has Poro or CDB / Ythan. Why aren’t they worth highlighting?
Jason wrote:He aint really done much though Jack.. I am not sure he is scum. right now I feel vollkan is a better lynch.
1. Your lack of support for why Volk would be a better lynch is telling.
2. Why did you go out of your way to highlight Zaj’s lack of activity at the top of the page? If you aren’t saying it is scummy then you aren’t scum-hunting and are just staying active.

@Jason
– I also agree with farside’s assessment that your attack on him is flailing. You admit yourself that Zach has been playing as a Hydra with Sotty during the duration of this game. Additionally his /in post in the Road to Rome specifically says he has availablility.
Jack wrote:This is magna's description of my quote. Why is my bringing up supreme court a reference to "a game that has no bearing on jason's alignment"? That's an outright dismissal of meta.
It’s a refusal to blindly accept of single game Meta when it can easily be an outlier. If you had other Meta sources that supported your assertion would carry some weight.
Jack wrote:In the alternative vote game which you linked to his was mislynched day 1 (not by me, I was voting scum).

The article I posted refutes a lot of your comments as well by the way.
Are you asserting that his play there is similar to the game we've been discussing and here? I will look at both.

I’m glad you found an academic article (which is generalist in nature as far as I can surmise) which you think backs your position. Not sure how it must apply to every person and every setting (like here on MS, for example).
Jack wrote:I suppose to be fair, magna was just as whiny (sorry but you are :/) when I voted him in small town. Although I eventually got a town read out of it. But it's hard to judge people who throw as much crappy reasoning and rhetoric as they can at any suspicion. Reminds me of how parama reacted in pizzaria mafia as scum, so.
Nice ad hominem. And I love you are using meta from a completely different player to ascribe scummy motivations to me while dismissing Stardust. I thought single game Meta was strong evidence. Inconsistency in your opinions perhaps?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:05 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
1. Your lack of support for why Volk would be a better lynch is telling.
2. Why did you go out of your way to highlight Zaj’s lack of activity at the top of the page? If you aren’t saying it is scummy then you aren’t scum-hunting and are just staying active..
I believe this post covered why I felt he was a better lynch.. Considering I already had my vote on him with reasons I did not feel the need to give my reasons only a few posts later, again.
jasonT1981 wrote:Jack, you make very good points. I also notice, he makes no points towards (scum?) sotty after post 79 of his catchup yet has her at 2nd most likely scum.... and only makes mention of me/zach after Sotty pushes Zachs lurking. I feel his vote is opertunistic.

in fact it is not until his 2nd catch up post he even makes reference to Zach.

vote:vollkan

His points system is a bit weird
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Porochaz »

farside22 wrote:
Vollkan wrote:His post said he had "caught up", but he also said he didn't have scumreads. In a situation where you know as a matter of FACT that he is busy, it is ridiculous to think that he should therefore have proper suspicions formed. It's very easy to read a game, without having all the benefits that come from being an active player, and not be able to find anybody scummy, particularly where, as was clearly the case with Prozac, you are otherwse busy

I don't like you giving Porzac a pass here and excusing his behavior in such a way.
No one I know is that RL busy that they do a reread and have no scum suspect that's just BS.
I was going to post, to say that I will be posting in the next few hours on but I will do a quick reply to this.

As you may or may not know I have a problem retaining information, now I don't like using it as an excuse and will try my best to play regardless, my usual play is to delve into day 1 and make my mark and find a "hook", obviously due to my exam period I couldn't do that so when I read back over the past pages, in my opinion, to be quite frank, I read some of the most mind numbingly dull and pointless stuff that was absolutely useless to me, which made reading up a real drag. So I didn't have much opinion beyond the blatant OMGUS earlier on. Im not sure thats much to base a case on, but I am basically running on empty on this game. Hence why I'm not posting much - (beyond still being busy IRL and over extending myself slightly) - once I get time to look over the game a bit more I will get back to you, which will hopefully be after Ive written an email about uni.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:29 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So let’s assess your reasoning then –
Jason wrote:Jack, you make very good points. I also notice, he makes no points towards (scum?) sotty after post 79 of his catchup yet has her at 2nd most likely scum.... and only makes mention of me/zach after Sotty pushes Zachs lurking. I feel his vote is opertunistic.

vote:vollkan

His points system is a bit weird
1. His point system being weird is a scum-tell? I have seen him use it as Town. At worst it is a null if you can show Volk using it as scum.
2. He makes specific reference to Zach in the following line of his first catch-up post
Vollkan wrote:57: Sotty helpfully points out that
Zach
is lurking. Convenient timing....Sotty+1

so your statement on the face is invalid. If you meant that he didn’t address any of Zach’s posts as scummy until the second summary please answer the following question -

Zach only has 5 posts (including an initial RVS style post) by post 70 where Volkann's summary ends. Is it not easily possible that Vollkan only found suspicious posts in the 12 posts that followed as opposed to the fluff that accompanies the early game? Please indicate the scum motivation for Vollkan to specifically label posts by Sotty scummy if they are partners and he doesn't intend to bus.

And please indicate why Vollkan finding Sotty’s early posts scummy but finding later posts not suspicious makes it incorrect for her to have a high-point total but for you to have an even higher total based on your play?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:32 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

If you read my whole post.. I also had issues with how he never mentioned Sotty after post 79 yet had her second highest scum. And how I felt he was opertunistic jumping on my wagon with the vote.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:37 am

Post by vollkan »

Jason wrote: My point is though, he made it seem that I had no reason what so ever to vote Jack. in response to you saying I voted Jack just because he demanded me to vote... well I strongly disgree...In fact, my vote came MANY posts after he demanded I voted. It was not right away. It was 2 pages and 2 days later I voted from the point Jack demanded..So no, it was not a vote because I was being demanded to vote.
(Kudos to Sotty for finding the flaw in this)

Jason, the above is nothing short of misleading. It was two pages later (not "MANY posts" by any stretch of the imagination). But, moreover, you yourself hadn't made a single substantive post in that period of time. And when you did post, the entirety of your post was the response to Jack. I've already attacked your vote itself before,

farside22 wrote:

I'm not giving him a 'pass' at all.

The point was that Prozac had just come of VLA and, while he'd set he'd caught up, the very fact that he didn't have anything meaningful to say spoke for itself in terms of the extent to which he had truly caught up. In short, attacking him was wrong.

That is not AT ALL to say that if he continued to play in that vein I would have a problem with anybody attacking him for failing to participate. To the contrary, I'd start doing it myself.

Or, in short form:
1) Is it reasonable for Prozac not to have a scumread after a read on return from VLA?
Yes

2) Is it reasonable for somebody to attack Prozac for what happens in 1)
No

3) Is it reasonable for Prozac not to have a scumread/s after playing the game for some time?
No

4) Is it reasonable for somebody to attack Prozac for what happens in 3)
Yes

Addressing Jason's vote for me directly, since he has reiterated in even after my explanation of my points system:
Jason wrote: I also notice, he makes no points towards (scum?) sotty after post 79 of his catchup yet has her at 2nd most likely scum....
I don't see what your point here is.

If you are suggesting that the system is flawed because it doesn't take into account scumminess over time then, assuming for argument's sake that that is a flaw, then I agree with you.

BUT, I don't think that it is a flaw. Do you? If so, why?
Jason wrote: and only makes mention of me/zach after Sotty pushes Zachs lurking. I feel his vote is opertunistic.

Huh? My read of your post (and I may be wrong) is that you are insinuating I followed Sotty's attack on you for lurking? The very same attack that I criticised in my first post?

I also can't see why the fact I didn't refer to Zach directly before my second post (remember, my first post only covered posts 0-70 anyway) is in any way a bad thing. All it means is that I didn't find any of Zach's very early posts scummy.

My catchup posts identify very clearly what I objected to in yours and Zach's play, so rather than raising amorphous and unfalsifiable (and frankly nonsensical) accusations of opportunism against me, why don't you actually identify which other parts of my case against you/Zach you find objectionable?

Cross-posted with:
Prozac wrote: As you may or may not know I have a problem retaining information, now I don't like using it as an excuse and will try my best to play regardless, my usual play is to delve into day 1 and make my mark and find a "hook", obviously due to my exam period I couldn't do that so when I read back over the past pages, in my opinion, to be quite frank, I read some of the most mind numbingly dull and pointless stuff that was absolutely useless to me, which made reading up a real drag. So I didn't have much opinion beyond the blatant OMGUS earlier on. Im not sure thats much to base a case on, but I am basically running on empty on this game. Hence why I'm not posting much - (beyond still being busy IRL and over extending myself slightly) - once I get time to look over the game a bit more I will get back to you, which will hopefully be after Ive written an email about uni.
First off, while Prozac evidently has a individual information retention issue, this is a perfect example of what I meant when I said that people can read but still not end up with a scumread.

Secondly, I personally often experience the sort of "mafia block" that Prozac is referring to (and I'd actually describe it in similar terms), so I am prepared to accept this explanation.

...and I just cross-posted with MOI who pre-empted my defence against Jason.
@MOI:
Thanks for making me redundant :sad:
Jason wrote: If you read my whole post.. I also had issues with how he never mentioned Sotty after post 79 yet had her second highest scum. And how I felt he was opertunistic jumping on my wagon with the vote.
See above on Sotty. Her early play was very scummy. Her later play hasn't been (ie. null). I'm not going to clear her record because she hasn't been scummy.

And see above on "opportunism". If the best you can raise against me is a vague catch-all like "opportunism", I'm happy with my vote.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Jack »

unvote, vote:Jason

Last page is pretty bad, someone hammer, don't wait for a claim.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Jack »

We absolutely have to lynch zajnet tomorrow though.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #6 of Day 2

jasonT1981 (5) <-~ Sotty7, MagnaofIllusion, farside22, vollkan, Jack
Jack (1) <-~ Ythan
vollkan (2) <-~ Sando, jasonT1981

Not voting (3) <-~ Locke Lamora, Porochaz, Zajnet

11 living; 6 will do it.

Deadline:
Saturday, September 4th at 6 P.M. EST

- Ythan has been prodded.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Jack wrote:

Interesting you would not want a claim....

I am the doc, last night I protected Locke
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Jack »

ok :?

unvote, vote:zajnet

I was thinking there weren't any worthwhile power roles after cop and that it would be best to push through without a claim. doc is sort of confirmed though...hmm.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Sando »

MOI:

I think I've made it clear that I think Jack is quite scummy. I think that considering his play from Weeds mafia, Ythan is looking very different from his previous play, and as that was town-play, it must be considered scummy.

Ythan is a VERY active and very arrogantly assertive player from the game I've played with him. There are some other parts of his play that are also very distinctive, but I don't really want to coach him on how to fake his town-meta. But suffice it to say, this is about as far away from his town-meta as I think is possible. However, I'm basically attacking him for lurking at that point, and I'm not prepared to go after someone for lurking in the first week after they replace in. Replacing in is hard and requires a fair bit of time investment, and it can take a while to get into the flow of things.

In terms of linked to Vollkan, basically only Poro, and it's fairly tenuous. But as Farside said, giving Poro a free pass is pretty dodgy.

Jack not considering the possibility of PRs when there was no NK last night... Amusingly stupid.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Jack »

Baring a counterclaim of jason, there is no earthly reason not to lynch zajnet instead.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by vollkan »

Counter-claim:
Weak Doctor.

For thos who don't know the role, the difference between me and the standard sort of doctor is that I die if I target mafia.

Last night, my predecessor protected Sotty. Which means that, absent any other PRs affecting what happened,
Sotty is not mafia

I was tossing up whether or not to counter, so I did some research.
First I read this from Hoopla in Mini 1007:
What counts as a protection role? Doctor, Weak Doctor, Jailkeeper, Bodyguard, Macho Doctor, CPR Doctor, X-Shot Doctors. Importantly, there has only been one game with TWO protection roles in it, and that had two Macho Doctors (doctors that can't be protected, which thwarts the breaking strategy of the doctors cross-protecting each other).
Second, it turns out that Incog has precedent. He modded Mafia 87 which had a Weak Doctor and did not have a "normal" doctor. He also modded Open 108 which had the following setup: 1 Weak Doctor, 1 Hider, 7 VT, 3 Goons. The latter is perhaps more useful since it was a twelve-man game.
Third, the only game I could find with both a Doctor and Weak Doctor is medical mafia which, needless to say, is an outlier.

In short, the odds seemed very slim to me that Jason's claim is true.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

You do realize that when I flip town, the town will look towards you tomorrow., right? this is a very dangerous counterclaim if you are telling the truth.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Jack »

jasonT1981 wrote:You do realize that when I flip town, the town will look towards you tomorrow., right? this is a very dangerous counterclaim if you are telling the truth.
:)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Jack wrote:

Interesting you would not want a claim....

I am the doc, last night I protected Locke
Why would you "protect" Locke of all people?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by farside22 »

Also stupid question incoming:
Does a weak doctor still protect a player? I assume yes but I'm not 100% on this.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Ok so I read back from page 10 and I said before its about as funny as scraping my eyeballs out with a rusty nail in that, I would have been voting Charlie by the end of day 1, and I would be voting Jason here. (I am going to let him answer farsides question though) My other read is on my biggest fan herself, farisde (!), as I stated before Im having trouble with her meta and whats more Im having trouble with the fact she is being a bit dickish towards my v/la, which is unusual for her, the mafia mum. However my case kinda boils down to her different attitude and I haven't played with her in a while but something is really really off. However I am finding myself unable to make a case which isnt meta and gut.

Talking about meta and one of my own personal scumtells, I think it was one of the "Z's", will look it up later, self meta in general doesn't work. Stop doing it. I've enjoyed vollkans posts so far, beyond him defending me slightly, they have been fairly interesting would look to hear more from Ythan - he seems quite banterous as well. Jack's Jack, Sando is playing as Sando does, however I think I could spot him as scum and haven't had any real incling to that effect yet...

Yeah I guess thats me caught up, 4am baby, dedication
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”