XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by XScorpion »

But it was only page 3 and robo barely gave any content.
And I did?
I'd be fine with that as long as I was actually scummy and you weren't just making up reasons to vote for me. If it got really bad, I'd just stop joining games with you in them.
I refuse to avoid joining certain games just because someone who always votes for me on day 1 is in them.
You shouldn't vote for the most popular wagon just because it's popular. You should vote for who you think is scum.
Explain how it would help town if I left my vote on robo.
My flavour fits my role.
Does everyone else's?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Zang »

And I did?
no, but somebody can be scum without posting content.
I refuse to avoid joining certain games just because someone who always votes for me on day 1 is in them.
That's your fault.
Explain how it would help town if I left my vote on robo.
Because you look like scum eager to switch the lynch from yourself to somebody else.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by jenniwren »

hiphop wrote:Also there is no evidence that there is a three-man scum team yet you have no problem saying there is one.
I think pretty much everyone has been talking about a three-man scum team in the game. I just figured three-man scum teams would be standard in a 12 player game. (Like, in newbie games the town:scum ratio is 7:2, so it makes sense that it would be 9:3 in a slightly larger game...it's not in the wiki, but it seems like it would keep things fair that way.) Why single Charter out for talking like there are three since pretty much everyone is doing it?

I'm also lost on the SK thing.

However, even though I totally don't get the SK thing and where it came from, I do still think Charter is scum. I also think a no-lynch would be a disaster, despite what Charter would have everyone believe.

Anyway...
I've pieced together Charter's argument against XScorp, and I think it boils down to

1) Wait and See comment = Scum (ISO #6)
2) Timing of casting of vote/RVS= Scum (ISO #6)
3) Insistence of keeping vote on Robo = Scum (ISO #6)
4) Rolefishing = Scum (ISO #7)
5) Inverting questions and firing them back at Questioner = Scum (ISO #14)

These comments all strictly relate to how Charter views XScorp, and do not address any additional players. Altogether, if you read the ISO (I just paraphrased for brevity's sake--correct me if the paraphrasing is wrong.) then these five reasons serve as Charter's argument. I take back what I said about him not making an argument, though this argument is not going to convince me. I'd like to hear what other people have to say--what reasons are you using to vote for XScorp? What is your case against him? I personally don't think the Robo-vote and the Kirby-rolefish are compelling scumtells, especially since Charter himself voted Scorp, then called for a Robo lynch immediately thereafter, and a few others expressed curiosity about Kirby, though not as overtly as XScorp.

It's the fifth reason on Charter's list that tops my own list about Charter: basically anyone who has questioned or challenged his authority in any way in this game gets brought under scrutiny as scum.

I've given my argument about Charter several times already, but the crux of it boils down to these things:

1) Appears not to be hunting for scum but rather hunting for votes, as he obviously asks different people on multiple occasions if they will be willing to vote for someone he approves of voting for. Tested several wagons before settling on Scorp (including Robo), despite the fact that his vote was on Scorp from the beginning.

2) Sets people up for “scum” slots, but only people who question or challenge him; does not justify why he thinks these people are scum with legitimate reasons (legitimate reasons do not include "Charter's town and you're not, nyah-nyah" type arguments from other players).

3) Implies anyone who disagrees with him is scum and that not voting for his lynch choice makes him or her scum, which is a bullying tactic.

4) Is pre-emptively cautious:

a) i.e., votes for Scorp instead of Kirby immediately after “daykill” (even though everyone would have understood if he had voted Kirby as we were still sort of in RVS AND he might have just been day-killed) so as not to cast an OMGUS vote that could come back and haunt him later in case the daykill was fake (in all fairness, this is only my interpretation of what he did, though Spyre sees it as a definitive town-tell...so I guess it's a tell that is up to interpretation);

b) attacks people and undermines them if he perceives that they might prove to be troublesome later (and yes, I first noticed he was doing this when he did it with me; I am fully aware of that fact—but that doesn’t change that he just COULDN’T simply answer my question without first labeling me scum. He had to take the extra cautious step and label me first, before he addressed it, because my first post made a comment about something scummy he did--which he admits is scummy but boasts no one is paying attention that I pointed it out--and my second post directly questioned him.).

5) His overall tone is evasive, aggressive, and defensive, which suggests he has something to hide. Also, Robo (ISO #6) and SSBF (ISO #4) both called him out early on in the game for being too jumpy and too serious, and that nervous energy hasn't really been tamed as the game has progressed.

Therefore, in answer to your question, Hiphop, "Is the person you are voting really the person who you want to see lynched?"...my answer is Yes.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:43 pm

Post by charter »

Yeah, my flavor fits my role, as well. Good catch Zang.

Even better is how XScorp is trying to defend himself with what the mod wrote. It's the old 'scum caught but don't think it's fair how' routine.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by charter »

Jenniwren wrote:I also think a no-lynch would be a disaster, despite what Charter would have everyone believe.
charter, two pages back wrote:It would be a total catastrophe to not lynch today.
You know how to avoid a no lynch? Vote for XScorpion.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:44 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

VOTE COUNT
7 to lynch
Xscorpion (5) charter, SpyreX, Kirbyoshi, Sawyer, Zang
charter (4) xvart, jenniwren, hiphop, Xscorpion

Not voting (3) [Robocopter87], ConfidAnon, Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Xscorp, I'm sorry you feel that I am always against you.

Its just that your entrance into this game was wrong. You refused to be serious after I asked you too. You aggressively pushed a lynch on me without a case.
Its not my fault I vote you day one in every game, its yours.

Now Please, lets put this behind us. Lets focus on THIS game right now.

@HipHop
Stop whining to the mod. Jeez, yea i made a mistake, let it go. 7 is an extremely easy lynch number for 11 players. We have two people at L-2 and L-3. If a few switched then we could get a lynch easy. not to mention the people not voting.

@Super Smash Bros Fan
I understand your anger towards me, I haven't ignored it, I just haven't had the time to address it.

Here is my defense,
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:I can definitely say that hiphop as been on my list of scum.
Explain your case on him in greater details. It definently doesn't convince me that hiphop is scum.
Well, it really is like Xscorp to a lesser extent. His entrance to the game. it was unclear whether he was serious or not. He was attacking the (T_T) harshly and it looked like a genuine attack on Page One. Hes contributed a little more but I still have some suspicion of him. Hope that clears that up.
Robocopter87 wrote:No. I'm not going to defend myself from a decent case that changed my read of a player.
Even if it did change your read of a player, that doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try to defend yourself. Your read on a player may change, but when people attack you, backing down under pressure is something you should not be doing.
Listen. I am not defending because he is right. My case on Xscorp is almost the SAME exact thing he has on me. It makes no sense to defend from it. That would be like taking out my own case on him. I know it looks like I'm backing down but really I am defending. but not myself, but my case. The only difference from Xscorp and Me has been mentioned by myself. I put my case up first. So please, by not defending, I am keeping my case as valid.
Robocopter87 wrote:Just what his scumbuddy would say to distance himself from him! IGMEOY
I am totally not seeing how they are distancing from each other at all. You provide absolutely no evidence on why they are distancing from each other. Why are the distancing from each other? Please provide evidence on this, otherwise, I'm calling BS.
Hiphop obv was riding what I said. It was plainly obvious that Zang was going to get some heat eventually if not soon. I was suspicious of Zang slightly but not enough to get my vote(if I had one :oops: ) because I don't take Lurking as a scumtell as I have said before. Hiphop did vote Zang with no backing besides the lurking. His vote wasn't right. I guess it isn't distancing then but it makes HipHop scummy still
Was going to use my Normal darkred but red is mods color and I think I already have made the mod mad enough.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Let me also say that I don't think we should worry about claims not making sense with their character.

I don't know why I got what I did.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I was going to say that Scorp, Jenni, and Xvart were all maf. But lately Xvart has been posting well. We can save him for last, if need be. In the meantime, MORE XSCORPION VOTES!
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:43 am

Post by xvart »

Kirbyoshi, 283 wrote:In the meantime, MORE XSCORPION VOTES!
So you don't believe his 1-shot vig claim? Why not?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

It's so hard to confirm, and he wastes his shot even if we do force him to kill someone toNight, and have it be the person we say.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:04 am

Post by charter »

Kirbyoshi wrote:I was going to say that Scorp, Jenni, and Xvart were all maf. But lately Xvart has been posting well. We can save him for last, if need be. In the meantime, MORE XSCORPION VOTES!
Good stuff.

Just an fyi, I'm going to be out of town this weekend. I'll have access tomorrow morning, maybe tomorrow night, probably not saturday. I won't be claiming.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Thanks charter. I knew you'd understand. :)
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Damnit. I believe the claim.

Why would you claim one-shot otherwise? An SK would get busted properlike gangsta style and that being a mafia only makes sense if they have a 1 shot vig... which is unlikely at best.

However, that doesn't make charter scum FFS. I'm not stoked about the proclamation of not claiming but good lord.

Unvote
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by xvart »

SpyreX - much of what charter has said in his last few posts has been condemning claiming as anti-town and making not claiming pro-town, which is quite odd at best.
charter, 263 wrote:I'm not claiming, either.
charter, 268 wrote:Claiming isn't the "townie" thing to do. Are you daft? How many times have you seen scum not claim when threatened with a lynch?
I actually don't think I've ever seen anyone, regardless of alignment, not claim when threatened with a lynch. Unless, of course, they were V/LA or something like that.
charter, 268 wrote:Scum are always eager to claim, whether it's necessary or not, since they know that most people will lap up their bs like a cat with milk or "scared to lynch a power role".
charter, 268 wrote:Maybe I have a reason for not claiming. I'll give you a hint, ITS NOT BECAUSE I CANT THINK OF SOMETHING TO CLAIM.
charter, 286 wrote:I'll have access tomorrow morning, maybe tomorrow night, probably not saturday. I won't be claiming.
Even if we run you up to L-1 tonight and have an intent to hammer you still won't claim?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by charter »

xvart wrote:I actually don't think I've ever seen anyone, regardless of alignment, not claim when threatened with a lynch. Unless, of course, they were V/LA or something like that.
There is no possible way I believe this, or that this can even be true. There's numerous situations where claiming as town is anti town, I don't believe that you've been on MS for a year and don't know this. Don't believe it one bit.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by charter »

SpyreX wrote:Why would you claim one-shot otherwise? An SK would get busted properlike gangsta style and that being a mafia only makes sense if they have a 1 shot vig... which is unlikely at best.
Because he doesn't need to live until the end? Maybe he's a mafia one shot vig?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by XScorpion »

charter wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Why would you claim one-shot otherwise? An SK would get busted properlike gangsta style and that being a mafia only makes sense if they have a 1 shot vig... which is unlikely at best.
Because he doesn't need to live until the end?
Maybe he's a mafia one shot vig?
That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this site.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by xvart »

charter, 290 wrote:
xvart wrote:I actually don't think I've ever seen anyone, regardless of alignment, not claim when threatened with a lynch. Unless, of course, they were V/LA or something like that.
There is no possible way I believe this, or that this can even be true. There's numerous situations where claiming as town is anti town, I don't believe that you've been on MS for a year and don't know this. Don't believe it one bit.
I'm serious. I don't recall ever a time when someone did not claim
something
with the threat of a hammer unless there was some other circumstance that prevented him/her from doing so. Can you give me an example of when it is pro-town as town to not claim when the threat of hammer is looming?
charter, 291 wrote:Because he doesn't need to live until the end? Maybe he's a mafia one shot vig?
A mafia team with a vig? In a mini? I know for a fact that I have never seen this before.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by charter »

I'd still be down for a Jenniwren lynch, of course. Since obviously lynching me is bad, and it looks like a XScorp one might be falling apart. I'll check tomorrow morning.
XScorp wrote:That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this site.
That's cool. I've been in games with mafia 1 shot vigs. I've been a mafia vig. I'm sure others have as well.
Xvart wrote:Can you give me an example of when it is pro-town as town to not claim when the threat of hammer is looming?
Just about every time you're a vanilla for starters. Go read some MD. It'll explain.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by xvart »

charter, 294 wrote:
XScorp wrote:That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this site.
That's cool. I've been in games with mafia 1 shot vigs. I've been a mafia vig. I'm sure others have as well.
Sounds pretty common. Can you link these games or a game with a mafia vig? Has anyone else in this game seen a mafia vig? Even so, now you are backpedaling because before you said there was no way the claim was real and now the role could be real but the alignment false?
charter, 294 wrote:
Xvart wrote:Can you give me an example of when it is pro-town as town to not claim when the threat of hammer is looming?
Just about every time you're a vanilla for starters. Go read some MD. It'll explain.
I've actually been reading that MD thread; and it doesn't say anything that I recall about it being pro-town to not claim as VT. The premise of the discussion is how not lynching a claimed VT is bad.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by charter »

Wrong thread.

Here's one I found searching real fast, there are others.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=claim

As for games I've been in with mafia vigs, off the top of my head I remember these.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11495 (oh look, we even lynched a mafia one shot vig day one :roll:)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 07&start=0

Pretty sure I've been in mini's with them, but I can only remember a few memorable specific minis.

I still don't believe XScorp, but I'm arguing against the claim making him town to convince others to vote him.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Puzzle's quote makes sense.
If only vanillas don't claim, then not claiming means claiming vanilla, doesn't it ?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

charter wrote:How and why can his claim look legit? Why should this save him from a lynch? Why does this erase his obvscumness? I don't think this should save him from the noose.
- As said before, it does not prove his alignment. However, it is possible to prove his role and that is evidence that support being being town. It makes it much less likely for XScorpion to be mafia or even 3rd Party. A third-party with a kill ability will probably have more then one kill during the Night and I don't see a Serial Killer having just one shot. Furthermore, if we lynch him today and he does flip one-shot vigilante, then we have lost a town power role, setting the town back more then necessary. We should give XScorpion one chance to prove his role.

- It doesn't, but if he is able to prove his claim, I will not be voting him unless he acts so incredibly scummy, that it is enough to make him likely scum.
hiphop wrote:Also i take it that you are not going to claim, thereby making you a hypocrite. Why is xscorp special in the fact that that he has to claim because it is the townie thing to do, yet you don't?
QFT!

Not only is charter's unwillingness to claim hypocritical, he also realize if he's a town power role, by us lynching him, he will be putting town at a severe disadvantage later on and we cannot afford to lynch town power roles that can aid us later on.
Zang wrote:This may be rolefishing but I think it's to obvious to be scummy. I think it's more scummy to ask more questions that aren't as straight forward than just asking "are you a vig?"
Kirbyoshi's daykill comment on charter was obviously a fake. I see no pro-town motivation for a person to deliberately ask if he's a role or not. This can be used by scum as a process of elmination on what role a person is and they can get rid of a town asset that way.
Zang wrote:Yes

Vote: Xscorpian
So you're not willing to give XScorpion's claim a chance and run the risk of killing a town power role?
charter wrote:you'd see why I don't even bother defending myself.
For someone who said he doesn't even bother to defend himself, you have been doing a lot of this recently.

Glad to see that Robocopter87 is finally responding to my points. Now I'll respond back:
Robocopter87 wrote:Well, it really is like Xscorp to a lesser extent. His entrance to the game. it was unclear whether he was serious or not. He was attacking the (T_T) harshly and it looked like a genuine attack on Page One. Hes contributed a little more but I still have some suspicion of him. Hope that clears that up.
- I don't see how stuff from RVS is going to make hiphop look scummy.

- I really don't see how starting off a game seriously is scummy. A minority may prefer to do this.

- I don't see how two posts regarding the (T_T) discussion is consider a harsh attack by any means. Misguided, yes, but not really that harsh.
Robocopter87 wrote:Listen. I am not defending because he is right. My case on Xscorp is almost the SAME exact thing he has on me. It makes no sense to defend from it. That would be like taking out my own case on him. I know it looks like I'm backing down but really I am defending. but not myself, but my case. The only difference from Xscorp and Me has been mentioned by myself. I put my case up first. So please, by not defending, I am keeping my case as valid.
All right, I can see your point here.
Robocopter87 wrote:Hiphop obv was riding what I said. It was plainly obvious that Zang was going to get some heat eventually if not soon. I was suspicious of Zang slightly but not enough to get my vote(if I had one ) because I don't take Lurking as a scumtell as I have said before. Hiphop did vote Zang with no backing besides the lurking. His vote wasn't right. I guess it isn't distancing then but it makes HipHop scummy still.
This would be fine and all, but you immediately took back what you said about the distancing. This gives me the feeling that you don't believe what you say.

Kirbyoshi wrote:It's so hard to confirm, and he wastes his shot even if we do force him to kill someone toNight, and have it be the person we say.
Night 1: Two kills happen. One looks like a vig shot, another looks like a Mafia shot.

Night 2: Only one shot happens, It's likely a Mafia shot.

Not seeing how it's so difficult to confirm XScorpion's role this way.

Vote: charter

I officially tipped when he blatantly refused to claim. I don't see any pro-town motivation for refusing to claim. Adding that with a very convincing case on charter and I think he's scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by charter »

What's my pro scum motivation to not claim? I can easily make something up that will save me for the day.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”