Mini 1029: Boondox Mafia (GAME OVER!!!! )

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:19 am

Post by don_johnson »

el simo wrote:Ok don you really haven't provided us with any information as to why mysterio is scum. You claim he is playing terribly, that he is playing different to other guys you have played with him where he has been town and that your math backs up your case fairly strongly, yet you don't say what is so terrible about mysterio, you don't show us how he is playing different, you won't reveal your maths to us and instead just provide with some quotes of yours in previous games. Trying to push a case off this is terribly poor town play.
the math is inconsequential. which i already explained. the quotes represent the fact that mysterio is SPOUTING BULLSHIT. the quote from our quicktopic is from august 3. do you really think a player can develop an "anti-meta" playstyle in 24 days? just because i couldn't articulate what it was that rubbed me the wrong way, doesn't mean i should ignore it. so i didn't. i voted where my suspicions were even though i couldn't explain them. then i looked over what mysterio was saying and picked out a quote that he basically STOLE FROM ME in one of our other games together. what aren't you getting here? how is providing CLEAR and CONCISE evidence of VERBATIM THEFT "terribly poor town play."? do you think mysterio is town? if so, why?
mongoose wrote:Why all the hate on mysterio? Just because he "acts differently" that doesnt mean he is mafia. Actually it probably means he is either mafia or a power role, trying not to draw attention. Also, I think he s right on Raivann, since apparently mysterio and I are suspicious because of reasons not expressed. And that we voted for him. BTW, just a coincidence we keep being mentioned together, i think.
i could by that he's playing differently for "town" reasons, but the blatant lie he spewed about his playstyle has no business coming from a townie. he could have answered the question honestly. "hey guys, i've only played a few guys. this is my first month on mafiascum, i don't think meta arguments can honestly be made." but no. he claims to have developed some sort of "anti-meta" playstyle. i've been on this site over a year. and i've been playing "anti-meta" for some time, but not in my first month. not to mention the HUGE COINCIDENCE that the way he described it matched MY ANSWER from our game as mason buddies. could he be a townie who made a bad decision? maybe. but i'm thinking he's scum. now all he's doing is omgusing. he's not even looking at anyone else.

for instance, scumfakegod could be attempting to chain townie lynches right now. (no offense fg, i will gladly accept your support, just not your "either/or fallacy".) but theres no comment there. just an omgus vote.

mysterio: how many times has anyone tried to lynch you on meta? can you link to any games where this has occurred? i would like us to explore how in roughly 30 days you came to the realization that you needed an "anti-meta" playstyle.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:52 am

Post by FakeGod »

As to my justification, I was only seeing how far you're willing to go to lynch Mysterio, since everyone understands the implications behind a "life-gamble".
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Mysterio »

don_johnson wrote:mysterio: how many times has anyone tried to lynch you on meta? can you link to any games where this has occurred? i would like us to explore how in roughly 30 days you came to the realization that you needed an "anti-meta" playstyle.
I learn pretty quickly. I also tend to lurk other games, so I've seen how meta-gaming can be used to pigeonhole people into being scum or town based on previous games. Kind of like what you're trying to do now. So, I've learned to keep my meta as confusing as possible, that way you'll have to determine my alignment by actually playing the game. Which is what I'm doing with you. Your posts here sound shrill, as if you're just assuming that everyone will go along with it and are frustrated that they're not. You can't even properly explain your "math" or the reasoning behind your accusation, other than thinking I might have stole some line from another game. Weak case all around, I see no reason not to vote you.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:08 am

Post by danakillsu »

Votecount 1.4
Raivann (2)- KageLord, mongoose
Mysterio (2)- Raivann, don_johnson
el simo (2)- FakeGod, cloudocean
don_johnson(2)- Skill006, Mysterio
KageLord (1)- Scott Brosius
Bunnylover (1)- Jase
cloudocean (1)- el simo

Not Voting (1)- Bunnylover

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch, 6 to no lynch.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 am

Post by don_johnson »

not sure what you mean by shrill. i'm simply explaining myself. as for the math let me make this simple:

3 games with you. one finished. you were town. second game: ongoing, cannot discuss. third is this one. you figure it out. i obviously have notions of your alignment in the second game.

the math is not the "case" against you. the math was part of the reason you initially aroused my suspicion. the case against you is your laughable suggestion that you have somehow managed to develop an "anti-meta" playstyle in your first month. so basically you are using your "anti-meta meta" as defense against a case you are discrediting because you believe it to be based on "meta". in other words, you are telling me to scumhunt based on whats in this thread, but your defense is based on whats outside this thread. if you want me to drop my case, then start scumhunting. all you are doing now is laying out a hypocritical omgus vote.

please link to games where you "lurk". that has not been your tendency in either of the other two games we've played.

again. the case is not "meta". the case against you is that you are not posting "original". if others want to believe that the quote i pointed out from our mason quicktopic, and my answers in that game thread are simply coincidence, then they don't have to vote you. to me its obvious you are scum.

your posts do not read genuine to me IN THIS GAME. your only defense so far is hypocritical at best. hint: best way for you to get me off your back is to engage someone else. its called scumhunting. try it. you have no defense against what i have said. stop trying to make it look like you do. if you are town, you should be moving on and acknowledging your poor play. not defending it with more lies.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:37 am

Post by don_johnson »

i guess one thing that strikes me here, is that you call my case "weak". but you're not really explaining what's "scummy" about it. yet you're voting me. scum make meta cases? sure. but so do townies. I haven't stated my case is "100%". i've asked for others to vote based on my gut read. when asked to explain my "gutread" i brought up the mason quicktopic quote, and the oneliner you seem to have ripped from me verbatim. even if you don't agree, can you really argue that the evidence i have produced doesn't support my point of view?

all in all: you seem to be overreacting. its almost as if you're worried about my vote on you. if you're vanilla or town power, a single vote with "weak" reasoning shouldn't worry you at all. but this one has you so consumed that you can't seem to address anything else. had you initially shrugged it off, i might buy your towniness, but you didn't. you've done your best to "turn the tables". it just seems... odd.

sorry, i see you have two votes. in any case. you should have more.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Mysterio »

don_johnson wrote:all in all: you seem to be overreacting. its almost as if you're worried about my vote on you.
Hmmm... I accuse you of being shrill, you accuse me of overreacting. You really should have just posted "no u" and moved on. Would have saved me from reading all that fluff.
if you're vanilla or town power, a single vote with "weak" reasoning shouldn't worry you at all.
Nice rolefishing. Defending oneself from attacks is something everyone does, doesn't matter if I'm vanilla or not.

However, I think I've shown that Raivann is also suspicious, so it's not just you. It's just that your insistence on this very weak argument is making you look scummy, so you've diverted my attention away from Raivann. As of now, a vote on you makes the most sense.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:47 am

Post by don_johnson »

Nice avoidance. Ur not lynching me.

How's bout I join ur Rai wagon?

Wud u mind going over the Rai case again?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Skill006 »

mysterio wrote:
don_johnson wrote:if you're vanilla or town power, a single vote with "weak" reasoning shouldn't worry you at all.
Nice Rolefishing.
What? I don't think that's rolefishing at all.
don_johnson wrote:mathematics is what it is. you can't argue that. if you place twelve names in a "random" generator, you can then generate odds as to the chances a certain name has to come up. the numbers may be "unreliable", but they are still numbers.
That is such a bad excuse to vote someone. There's no "chance" in what number's going to come up at all. And your "math" hasn't proved anything.

don_johnson wrote:and no. i don't have to explain it to you.
um...ok, scum :? ; your loss.
don_johnson wrote:in this game, mysterio is avoiding the spotlight. much more so than in my previous experience with him. he isn't scumhunting.
Can you link this other game you keep mentioning so I can see?
don_johnson wrote:conclusion: mysterio is scum. he's just trying to fit in so he ripped off an answer to some heat on him by tossing out an answer he'd heard somewhere before. will you vote him now?
I don't care that he "ripped" you off, but I agree that the "different playstyle each game" thing is sketchy. But it makes some sense, I guess. I dunno. If he's played 3 games, it doesn't necessarily mean he's developed a meta, but rather is trying to. Then again, I'm probably assuming again.

Mysterio's defenses against don_johnson are looking weaker and weaker, but don's argument isn't getting better either.
bunnylover wrote:Skill006 what is the point of saying that I'm sitting on the fence again <_<?
Its like your trying to get votes on me by that point <_<.
Trying to lead us down a wrong path are we?
I'm just trying to be transparent with my thoughts here, unlike some people.
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

Mysterio: Ok. Here's the deal. Hopefully this will save us from polluting the thread with unnecessary discussion.

I'm a vigilante. You produce scum today and I might not shoot u tonight.

Deal?

Skill: response to you when I get home.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:26 am

Post by el simo »

don_johnson wrote:
el simo wrote:Ok don you really haven't provided us with any information as to why mysterio is scum. You claim he is playing terribly, that he is playing different to other guys you have played with him where he has been town and that your math backs up your case fairly strongly, yet you don't say what is so terrible about mysterio, you don't show us how he is playing different, you won't reveal your maths to us and instead just provide with some quotes of yours in previous games. Trying to push a case off this is terribly poor town play.
the math is inconsequential. which i already explained. the quotes represent the fact that mysterio is SPOUTING BULLSHIT. the quote from our quicktopic is from august 3. do you really think a player can develop an "anti-meta" playstyle in 24 days? just because i couldn't articulate what it was that rubbed me the wrong way, doesn't mean i should ignore it. so i didn't. i voted where my suspicions were even though i couldn't explain them. then i looked over what mysterio was saying and picked out a quote that he basically STOLE FROM ME in one of our other games together. what aren't you getting here? how is providing CLEAR and CONCISE evidence of VERBATIM THEFT "terribly poor town play."? do you think mysterio is town? if so, why?
I don't think anyone is town, I think it is dangerous to make those assumptions, I'd rather just look for scum. How is verbatim theft scummy? I've stolen so many quotes from so many other players I even count them anymore. I've even stolen a cop claim. ...which I actually did when I was scum.

Maybe you are on to something here. I've only lost one game as scum, (to Mith, Mr. Flay and Jdodge no doubt, but I didn't read my role pm that game and thought I was town LOL) and in almost all my games I have mimicked other townie players from other games I've been in.

It is a bit of a reach but I think coupled with his poor push on Rav I think it is likely. I'm going to take your advice don, I don't think my discussion with cloud is going anywhere and nobody else seems to believe either of our cases, so perhaps
unvote, vote: mysterio
is required.
Mysterio wrote:Nice rolefishing.
Not really. :\
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:26 am

Post by el simo »

don_johnson wrote:Mysterio: Ok. Here's the deal. Hopefully this will save us from polluting the thread with unnecessary discussion.

Deal?

Skill: response to you when I get home.
Wow quick claim. But you're giving him the ideal set up to bus and go end game.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by don_johnson »

U let me worry about that...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Mysterio »

don_johnson wrote:Mysterio: Ok. Here's the deal. Hopefully this will save us from polluting the thread with unnecessary discussion.

Deal?
Yet another bad move.

Here's what I foresee happening. Scum will let you live so that you can follow through on your threat to kill me, that gives them an extra townie night kill. The next day you either get lynched for it, or you don't and they just night kill you. Either way, your claim and threat here will only succeed in getting two townie's killed. If you get lynched, then you will be responsible for two townie deaths without scum having to waste a single night kill.

100% anti-town move here. More votes on don, please.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by el simo »

WIFOM
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Is it delicious?
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Skill006 wrote: Totally agree with this. But...why do you find bunnylover suspicious again?
Lack of content and WIFOM
Mysterio wrote:

Deal?
Yet another bad move.

Here's what I foresee happening. Scum will let you live so that you can follow through on your threat to kill me, that gives them an extra townie night kill. The next day you either get lynched for it, or you don't and they just night kill you. Either way, your claim and threat here will only succeed in getting two townie's killed. If you get lynched, then you will be responsible for two townie deaths without scum having to waste a single night kill.

100% anti-town move here. More votes on don, please.
Anti-town yes. Scummy no. We are not lynching a claimed PR on D1, especially one that claimed with no pressure to claim. The fact that you are still pushing his lynch is scummy.

Unvote
Vote: Mysterio
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by don_johnson »

^^ this guy just keeps knockin it outta the park...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by don_johnson »

and to quote myself in response:
don_johnson wrote:Proof is in the pudding. U can't really judge the pudding while the bakers still stirring. Time will tell.
i want the mysterio lynch. i think he's scum. if i don't get him, he makes a perfect vig target. i have a plan here. if he wants to bus one of his partners, he is free to do so. if we lynch him, i reevaluate based on the flip and the surrounding actions. my role is not compulsive, meaning i don't
have
to shoot. the claim was to avoid a giant argument between us and also cause a vig claim is almost always pro-town when done correctly. not only do i run the chance of drawing a roleblocker/scumjailkeep etc, thus allowing any town investigators to go about their work unharmed, i can also engage in a giant wifomic night action menagerie with scum. i also open myself up to inverstigations, etc. well before a vig claim becomes a problem for town. so yeah... trust me. this is gonna be fun.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by el simo »

Mysterio wrote:Is it delicious?
Nope but it is incredibly anti-town, on so many levels.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Jase »

Don: I'd prefer it if you'd leave bullshit statistics out of your case. Ones alignment in any number of other games has no bearing on ones alignment in this game. I've been scum in more games than average, but that sure as hell doesn't mean you should discount me as scum this game.

Cloud is really sounding like a raving madman at this point, and a bit of an ass with all the "pussy" and "grow some balls" talk. Is being an ass a scum tell? Probably not (though I wish it was).

Anyways, I'm very happy with my vote on bunny as of his latest post which seems to boil down to "You're calling attention to me. You must be scum, but I'm not going to vote you." If cloud thinks fence sitting and lack of contribution is such a scum tell then why in the hell is he focusing on simo?
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Unvote, Vote: mysterio

Vig claim? Very gutsy move, no matter whether you're a scum or real vig. :)

I'm willing give his plan a shot, for bravado if nothing else.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

A vig claim on day 1, I can't tell if that a really good thing or really bad since we still have a doctor I'm leaning on the good side.
But in the games I'm playing on, everyone says not to lynch a PR claim the first day, so for now were just going have to believe in Don_Johnson claim.
Either way Mysterio is going to die, either by our lynch or by Don vig kill. Mysterio do you mind if you claim your role?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Jase »

EBWOP: Forgot to read the last page before I posted >.> you can ignore the bit about maths. Any-dang-ways, I'd be pretty satisfied with a mysterio lynch today. We'll see what he says when he comes back, but unless it's absolutely amazing I'll probably hammer afterwards.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by el simo »

How do we know he is really a vig and not a serial killer? It would be easy to for a SK to claim vig.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”