charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by charter »

I already showed pro town motivation for not claiming.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by xvart »

charter, 296 wrote:Wrong thread.
I thought you were referring to a current one. You also neglected to see in that thread that a pro-town player should do everything to convince others that they are town, which you haven't done to the slightest. In fact, the opposite:
charter, 268 wrote:I'm probably done, you all are gonna screw this up and this was gonna be a real easy game to win.
If any of you actually look at the ridiculously poor arguments Jenniwren, XVart, and Hiphop are voting me on, you'd see why I don't even bother defending myself.
charter, 296 wrote:As for games I've been in with mafia vigs, off the top of my head I remember these.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11495 (oh look, we even lynched a mafia one shot vig day one :roll:)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 07&start=0

Pretty sure I've been in mini's with them, but I can only remember a few memorable specific minis.
Great. Two large games, one with two mafia factions. I would be extremely interested in seeing the mini games with a mafia team vig.
Extremely
interested because that sounds way too overpowered for a mafia team to get two kills in one night.

So who should we put on the possible vig target list? I suggest hiphop, and if in the unfortunate cirumstances we get a no lynch, charter should be on the list. Who else? We definitely need to at least guide the vig but we should not say only "target X." I would be open to discussion about adding our lurkers to the list, but I'm not sure that is the best course of action.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

VOTE COUNT
7 to lynch
charter (5) xvart, jenniwren, hiphop, Xscorpion, Super Smash Bros. Fan
Xscorpion (4) charter, Kirbyoshi, Sawyer, Zang

Not voting (3) [Robocopter87], ConfidAnon, SpyreX
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

If Scorp isn't getting lynched, I'm gonna vote for Jenni, not charter. I think there's enough to get a Jenni counterwagon going.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by charter »

Deal. I'll let the pot simmer overnight.

unvote, vote Jenniwren
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

UNVOTE XScorp,
VOTE: jenniwren
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

There damn well better not be a no lynch.

The only scenario that works sans madness is 2 scum / 1? 1 1-shot vig. It could mimick an SK or be an out for claiming vig (especially in a GF/Vig scum scenario with the GF claiming the shot).

However, that is still itchy and swingy by nature.

Chances are he is what he is.

The issue is that DOES NOT EQUAL lynching charter.

Jenni works but a lot of this without xscorp scum is the cart ahead of the horse which I'm not stoked about.

Zang still independently would work.

We DO HAVE TIME still so it doesn't need to be a mad dash.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

charter wrote:What's my pro scum motivation to not claim? I can easily make something up that will save me for the day.
By not claiming at L-1 when threat of a lynch, if you are a town power role, you would put us in an even worse situation then with just lynching a Vanilla Townie. Also, for scum motivation, by you not claiming at L-1 and you getting lynched, town will lose information that they would normally get if a person claims.
xvart wrote:So who should we put on the possible vig target list?
If charter flips scum, XScorpion should surely vig SpyreX, who's defended charter up the wall and all around town. Similar things happened in Mini 985 where he defended charter to death. He and charter were scum.

If charter flips town, I suggest vigging either Robocopter87 or ConfidAnon. I personally am suspicious of Robocopter87 and ConfidAnon doesn't look like he'll be helping town anytime soon.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:19 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

VOTE COUNT
7 to lynch
Xscorpion (2) Sawyer, Zang
jenniwren (2) charter, Kirbyoshi

Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:29 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

If I had a vote it would go on Charter. Not because he is scummy to me but for deadline purposes.

Spyre, I love how you say a no lynch is unacceptable yet you aren't voting anybody.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:17 am

Post by XScorpion »

If charter flips scum, XScorpion should surely vig SpyreX, who's defended charter up the wall and all around town. Similar things happened in Mini 985 where he defended charter to death. He and charter were scum.

If charter flips town, I suggest vigging either Robocopter87 or ConfidAnon. I personally am suspicious of Robocopter87 and ConfidAnon doesn't look like he'll be helping town anytime soon.
This. I think I'll add Zang to the top list.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

DO NOT VIG ME.

Just don't. ESPECIALLY, if your One-Shot.

Just DONT.

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Zang »

SSBF wrote:Kirbyoshi's daykill comment on charter was obviously a fake. I see no pro-town motivation for a person to deliberately ask if he's a role or not. This can be used by scum as a process of elmination on what role a person is and they can get rid of a town asset that way.
I didn't know it was fake because kirby sounded serious and others reacted seriously.
So you're not willing to give XScorpion's claim a chance and run the risk of killing a town power role?
I wrote that before i read his claim. But yes, If everybody thought that way than all mafia would have to do is claim vig or doc and they would be saved from being lynched. Its also one shot and with that shot hed probably end up killing town.
Kirby wrote:If Scorp isn't getting lynched, I'm gonna vote for Jenni, not charter. I think there's enough to get a Jenni counterwagon going.
Id rather lynch Xscorpian but lynching Jenni is better than a no lynch.

Unvote
Vote: jenniwren
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:35 am

Post by XScorpion »

What's wrong with voting Charter, Zang?
Definitely gonna vig either you or Spyrex if he flips scum.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Zang »

XScorpion wrote:What's wrong with voting Charter, Zang?
Definitely gonna vig either you or Spyrex if he flips scum.
I don't think he's as scummy as Jenni.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:53 am

Post by jenniwren »

Any particular reason why, Zang?
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:12 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Zang wrote:kirby sounded serious
I'd ask you why you thought I was serious, but I'm too busy lol-ing over here. Why in the world would I dayvig someone right out of the gate for that kind of reason?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Hopefully, I'll be able to address Zang's counter response in the morning before the deadline, although I wouldn't mind if we lynched then, preferably on charter.

With a deadline approaching in less then twenty-fourh hours, a no lynch is very well possible. We need to avoid that at all cost. Here are my likely final thoughts of the day:

- If there's one thing we can agree on, it's that a no lynch would be terrible. As much as it would suck to lynch a town read, it is better then nothing as we can at least analyze his/her suspects and the bandwagon.

- The lynches looks like to be one of charter and jenniwren. A charter's lynch would be great as he is likely scum. However, a jenniwren's lynch is not a lynch I would be comfortable with. jenniwren's play IMO has been pro-town recently. She is scum hunting to the very best of her ability, proving that she cares about the town, and is willing to do anything to get rid of them. Looking back at my case on her, it wasn't a good case after all. jenniwren looks like an easy mislynch for the scums.

- To go further into my dislike of the jenniwren's lynch wagon, I don't like how any of the players approached a vote on jenniwren. charter's case on jenniwren looked decent at first, but later on, it is less and less convincing to me that jenniwren is scum. Kirbyoshi's and Zang's hop on the jenniwren's bandwagon were really bad. I'm not sure why one post that they consider scummy is enough for them to vote jenniwren. Other then that, it looks like they're blindly following charter without adding much material to the jenniwren's case.

- Xscorpion, if for some reasons that jenniwren is lynched today and flips town, make sure to vig charter.

- I will be around during the deadline to switch votes if necessary. Although I would absolutely hate to vote/hammer jenniwren, if it is absolutely needed to prevent a "No Lynch", I will do it. But not under any other circumstances as I have a town read on her.

Robocopter87 wrote:DO NOT VIG ME.

Just don't. ESPECIALLY, if your One-Shot.

Just DONT.
This is coming from a person who said he's better off being NK'd then lynched.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by charter »

Jenniwren is not scumhunting at all. Are you serious when you say that she is? Have you read her arguments? They are all craplogic. She called me, Kirby, and Spyrex scum, and that's the extent to faking it she's gone, and then backpedaled in like her next post. I kind of want to be lynched, since then you all will lynch the actual scum with swift retribution once you see the amazing role I sacrificed for the good of the town. I'll give you this much, I'm not vanilla, and I'm an AMAZING role.

I'm up to like five scum/hopeless idiots right now. I don't see how town is gonna win this game.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by hiphop »

SSBF Once again SSBF has shown that he is indeed town.

Jenni lynch is a horrible idea. She is by far (under ssbf of course) the closest to being town. I would rather lynch xscorp then jenni.

SSbf please do not switch your vote onto jenni. Even if you did it will even more likely be a no-lynch. It apparently is exactly what scum wants. They should put their votes on charter, and stop being so anti-town.

obviously this last post by charter is another example of him being scum. I mean all he says is i got a great role, which will not be revealed to the town. I can see that coming from scum that does not want to claim.

Jenni- there is no guarantee that there are three scum. This is a themed game and from my understanding things can be different. The only reason i said anything at all to charter about is because he questioned that there is an sk, when obviously he is one.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by jenniwren »

charter wrote:Jenniwren is not scumhunting at all. Are you serious when you say that she is? Have you read her arguments? They are all craplogic. She called me, Kirby, and Spyrex scum, and that's the extent to faking it she's gone, and then backpedaled in like her next post. I kind of want to be lynched, since then you all will lynch the actual scum with swift retribution once you see the amazing role I sacrificed for the good of the town. I'll give you this much, I'm not vanilla, and I'm an AMAZING role.

I'm up to like five scum/hopeless idiots right now. I don't see how town is gonna win this game.
1) If your role is so amazing, then you should claim, because if people believe you, then I will probably be lynched anyway to avoid a no lynch and you won't have to die. (Nice AtE, by the way, offering to fall on your sword and sacrifice an AMAZING role for the good of the town. You're SUCH a martyr.) By not claiming, you're showing you're more interested in saving your own skin than helping the town achieve its win-con.

But,
you don't have an amazing pro-
TOWN
role, do you? And you know if you fake claim that you will be lynched first thing tomorrow because

a) I'm going to flip town (something you've always known because you are scum), and my flipping town will definitely implicate you in my lynch (and right now you're hoping you can talk your way out of that tomorrow by saying that first big post I made had you convinced I was scum...);
and
b) you can't prove your claim to be true because it doesn't exist and everyone will call you on it.

2) You want to say MY argument is weak? Look at your own. Aside from the mass of OMGUS that it is ("she called [us] scum!"), yours is so poor you have resorted to threats and namecalling to get your way. You may be having a grand time acting like you are, but I don't imagine many others are finding it very enjoyable to play with you.

First...there is a difference in saying someone is acting like a VI and needs to clean up his or her play style because they are doing scummy type things and what you are doing in this post. You go too far by calling people "hopeless idiots," as it is apparent you are no longer talking about their play style but their intellect instead.
You would do well to remember Rule #16, which is to remember that we're all real people and that we need to treat each other as such
. You are behaving like a bully, and insulting people for not bowing down to your will is NOT okay.

This is just a game, and I understand you want to win, but being mean and nasty isn't the way to do it.
(This also goes for the person who said I was "too dense" to understand something...you know who you are.)

If you are town, then start acting like it because that means we're on the same side, and you have been acting
very
anti-town. The wagon on you is your own fault, because, unlike you claim, people are NOT hopeless idiots and can see that what you have been doing is scummy. Take responsibility for your own actions and don't just stamp your foot and cry that others are at fault when things don't go your way.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:33 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

VOTE COUNT
7 to lynch
jenniwren (3) charter, Kirbyoshi, Zang
Xscorpion (1) Sawyer

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:24 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

SSBF actually has a really good point. Even if it means lynching a town read, no-lynches should be avoided D1 if at all possible. And I think it's time to hear this "amazing" role.

Unvote jenni,
VOTE: charter
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:25 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

No lynch is not good.

Someone hammer.

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

That's L-1, in case anyone can't figure it out :P
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records: