Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

This was a pretty insanely good town. Great vidging q21.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Yay.
I enjoyed this game, especially interacting with Hoopla and mykonian here.
SpyreX's gutreads have ruled 100% of the time in the games I've been with him in. I wanna be his lowly apprentice.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Seraphim wrote:This was a depressing game for me.
Even moreso for me, I wasn't in it!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I was in it for two hours.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Patrick »

Roles

Mafia daystopper: vollkan
Mafia goons: Tenchi, Empking, Slicey
Bodyguard: Hoopla
Roleblocker: populartajo
2 shot vig: q21
2 shot powerole cop: mykonian
Everyone else was vanilla

Nightactions

Night 1
Mafia does not send in a kill
Hoopla protects nobody
q21 vigs Empking
populartajo roleblocks SpyreX
mykonian investigates populartajo (town power)

Night 2
Mafia sends Tenchi to kill SpyreX
Hoopla protects nobody
q21 vigs vollkan
populartajo roleblocks Ojanen
mykonian investigates q21 (town power)
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well shit, I did absolutely jack here.

not only that I was wrong about every read I had (shrug)..

going to chalk it up to pre/new baby dad stuff....but my showing was just lame. that or Sera you really are a jinx...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well cant say i was absolutely wrong..had a feeling about Tenchi pretty early on..but...meh
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Patrick »

Thanks to Flay for rounding this off and handling the flavour.

This game didn't feel like much of a contest - not at all what I expected given the setup. I had actually designed this for 20 players earlier, but several people dropped out. I had some concerns about simply knocking off 5 vanillas and not changing anything else, but maybe they were unfounded. I'm curious whether Hoopla thinks it favoured the scum.

The 2 shot powerole cop was something I thought of to give town some kind of an investigative role, but with very little chance of confirming several townies and allowing the town to start playing like the game was nightless. I had intended it more as a way to pick scum fakeclaims, but fakeclaiming scum were treated pretty harshly in this game, lol. The other roles were all pretty standard.

I thought scum were pretty poor as a unit. Not alot of daytalking or planning.

Thanks to the players, and especially Seraphim for replacing into such a difficult spot.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Incognito »

Kinetic wrote:Incognito you have the worst scumdar ever, lol.
I incorrectly assumed that one of the people on my wagon was likely scum. The only people I ever strongly pushed against in this entire game were SpyreX and you and yeah, I was wrong about both of you but it happens. I even said before you got lynched that I was having a bad feeling about it and with SpyreX, I never saw why people thought he was obvtown. He looked pretty passive to me especially early on.

Aside from that I correctly called a whole slew of people town - the scum ended up being the people I didn't or couldn't comment on because for the most part the scum didn't
do
anything. So I don't see where your comment even comes from. It's not like you correctly called out the scum during your time here either.

Also, self-hammering as town on Day 1 in an invitational? Just wow.

-~-~-~-~

Good game all. Glad it's over. Well done on the vigging, q21.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by imaginality »

Wow, that was pretty comprehensive. Full credit to q21 - two mis-viggings and this could have been a whole different kettle of fish. Well played too to the other smarter townies with better reads than mine.

I like the multi-lynch, fixed deadline game mechanic. Was vollkan's day-stopping power one-shot or multi-use?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Kinetic »

lol, I saw the deadline approaching, I knew that there was not likely going to be time for a second lynch unless I was offed fast and it didn't look like anyone else was going to be brought close to me. I made the choice that it was better to see the reactions to my hammer and possibly another quick lynch than it was to try and preserve myself. If there were other factors involved (I wasn't vanilla, the day ended with my lynch, there was another wagon that was close enough to matter [there were already several people calling my hammer], or even if I had more time to try and do something [or had the time to do it]), but all of that was stacked against me. The hammer provided more information there than anything else I could have done.

And I was dead on with Empking, his death always helps :D. And I was also right that my lynch being scum filled. I feel pretty good overall, even if my play wasn't perfect.

Good play by q21 as well.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Tenchi »

gg guys.

Im just really distracted right now but really good game over all. I was planning on coming on today but it was too late. I don't think I would have stuck it out though because of things happening personally.

Thank you everyone and I'll see you guys around. Not in a while though.

I still don't understand though why people want to policy Empking. Never understood that.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Oh yeah, I was trustung Vollkan would be awesome but Q21 got to him which was really sad. I was expecting Vollkan to bus me before D3 ends.

And I already apologized profusely to Seraphim. :(
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Patrick »

imaginality wrote:I like the multi-lynch, fixed deadline game mechanic. Was vollkan's day-stopping power one-shot or multi-use?
It was a one shot ability. The multiple lynches per day mechanic becomes a bit reduntant if the ability can be used every day.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by imaginality »

I just wondered if it was maybe 2-shot like the pro-town PRs.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Well, that was comprehensive.
Patrick wrote:Night 1
Deliberate or just forgot? The entire mafia team were lurkers or semi-lurkers at some point.
Patrick wrote: This game didn't feel like much of a contest - not at all what I expected given the setup. I had actually designed this for 20 players earlier, but several people dropped out. I had some concerns about simply knocking off 5 vanillas and not changing anything else, but maybe they were unfounded. I'm curious whether Hoopla thinks it favoured the scum.
I'm not sure - I've never played in this sort of set-up, so I was basing my opinion on previous Lights Out games that were 4:16 - it seemed 4:11 would have been a stretch, particularly when mafia has a ability to mess with the one thing that advantages town in this set-up - multiple lynches. I think that role was necessary though from preventing a mass lynch when enough town has been confirmed or semi-confirmed, though I'm not sure if 4:11 was the right balance. Obviously things went very well here, but substitute q21's vig shots for townies, and the game would have been completely different - it's hard to tell how powerful the multi-lynch mechanic is. I feel like with clever and active towns it's a pretty significant advantage, so not sure, really.

A big round of applause to Ojanen and mykonian who made themselves pretty obviously town throughout the entire game - and it looks like Empking would have been a good policy lynch after all. Thanks for modding you guys - it was very professionally run. Pity the scum didn't put in a good show, though.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by Hoopla »

SORRY TO INCOGNITO - I WAS WRONG ABOUT YOU ON DAY 1.

Luckily I came round and corrected that read later on, but still, your fault, not mine. :P
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Incognito wrote:Also, self-hammering as town on Day 1 in an invitational? Just wow.
Wow... I disagree with you so much even after the game. :D
I actually thought Kinetic's self-hammer was pretty brilliant play to get max information at that point in a multi-lynch mechanic. And your QL wagon was awesome for information. Town filled QL wagons often are.
After a couple of days of D2, I had a pool of 4 players of which 3 ended up being scum partially due to a theory of the quick wagon and it also ruled out a lot of possible scumpartners for you which made the game easier to see through without flips.

Can we see the qt?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by q21 »

Now this game I enjoyed... my day 1 play suffered for lack of RL time and trying too hard to figure out who to vig rather than just playing the game as normal when I could. I think I made up for it after though. My cloak of scum scalps is coming on well, 2 and counting - just need to be vig again sometime.

Never played in a game where town was so completely dominant as this one, I quite enjoyed it.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by mykonian »

sorry incog.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Hoopla wrote:Well, that was comprehensive.
Patrick wrote:Night 1
Deliberate or just forgot? The entire mafia team were lurkers or semi-lurkers at some point.
Not ENTIRELY forgot - Patrick and I screwed up when he went V/LA, and I didn't get the full role PMs or scum QT from him. He had minimal access, but it didn't happen in time for me to see that scum had 'decided' in the QT, but forgot to copy me when they sent in their choice.

And then when Seraphim needed to replace in... :roll: I owe him for taking that thankless slot. He really didn't have his role PM yet, but of course it wasn't the role PM you all were asking him about, so...

All in all, pretty good game by town, but we screwed up by having confirmable players in a multilynch situation. Better way to handle Role Cop would have been to either just give Power/No Power, or the type of role without alignment.
Retired as of October 2014.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Seraphim »

One of the scariest moments of my Mafia career: I'm scum, I don't have my role PM, I'm at L-1, and I don't even know where the bloody QUICKTOPIC is.

Scum got dished a pisspoor hand(Empking?! Seriously?!) and that no-kill on D1 was just the beginning of our troubles. It didn't help that q21 was such a sharpshooter either.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Patrick »

Flay wrote:All in all, pretty good game by town, but we screwed up by having confirmable players in a multilynch situation. Better way to handle Role Cop would have been to either just give Power/No Power, or the type of role without alignment.
The role was meant to give just power / no power.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:22 am

Post by mykonian »

Patrick wrote:You're observant, a strong skill in any mafia player. You've always been good at sniffing out poweroles, especially when playing as scum, and you don't see why that shouldn't carry over to FTF. You've made many games, you know what items poweroles use and you know their mannerisms. Direct enquiries tend to result in accusations of fishing, but at night you can certainly take action. Twice during the game at night you can investigate a player to find out whether they hold a town powerole; you dare not do it any more than that for fear of waking someone up.
Your results will be either "town power" or "not town power".

In games terms, you're a 2 shot powerole cop. You win when all anti-town roles are eliminated. Confirm by PM.
You can't blame this on Flay
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Patrick »

Eh? What you're quoting is exactly what I said the role is. It gives the result "this player is town power" or "this player is not town power".

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”