Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Faraseradayaphim »

I told him to claim
his
name. Then have Dekes claim his.
You bring her here. If you don't, I'm going to kill one of them. And then if you don't bring her back before sundown tomorrow I'll kill another, and another, another. One everyday. And Charlie, I'll kill you last
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:03 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Sorry. When day was first announced I sent the ability and checked the result when I came back.
I forgot Ethan was a bad guy. I though he was the kid with the dog. I then checked the wiki now when I had time and remembered who Ethan is.
unvote
Vote Dekes

I am sleepy Going to bed now before I say stupid stuff
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:09 am

Post by TheLonging »

BloodCovenent wrote:Ok. So is everyone here familiar with the show Lost? or are you just in because it's a Reck game?

I've seen almost the entire series except for the last half of season 6.
I've watched seasons 1 - 3 and only watched the first couple of season 4 (back in 2008) but that's about it.
HackerHuck wrote:
Faraseradayaphim wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:VOTE: Faraserdayphim
So is it a hydra or not?
hmm, dunno, what do you think? :P

Vote: vezokpiraka

Anyway, let's cut the bullshit. We're in agreement. I'm declaring a policy lynch on vezokpiraka. If you haven't played with him before, well, if you've ever played with Empking, it's something similar except even more bizarre. He likes to jump wagons, is nigh-on unreadable, and is one of the most anti-town players in the game I have ever had the (dis?)honor of playing with. Let's lynch him right here, on Day 1, where he can do the least damage.
Good luck with that, scum.
vote: HackerHuck

SEE HOW EASY ACCUSATIONS ARE TO MAKE? /proving a point

unvote

jasonT1981 wrote:The only issue I have is that if the game is true to the show, name claiming could give away town power roles.
*COUGHRECKMODCOUGH*
BloodCovenent wrote:I feel that if everyone name claimed only then that would make it harder for others to fake claim later. just my opinion =/
And this is bad how?

Also why can we assume that name claims will out PR's? Yeah, Jack is a really obvious one, but what the fuck else? Hurley? Serial Killer? Come on.

Also yeah this is an easy choice, and I don't mind supporting this. Dekes even ignored vezok.

vote: dekes
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:14 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Ok. Doesn't really matter now anyway.

The other side of the island (Libby,Anna Lucia, etc)/Goodwin/Benjamin Linus/etc wasn't shown until season 2, right?
Because if so I'm having trouble thinking of who else would be scum, ignoring say the black smoke monster.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Ademisk
Ademisk
Goon
Ademisk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Ademisk »

FaraSera, really? You advocate a policy lynch of Vezok and claim that he is a very anti-town person, and then when he starts claiming things left and right, you are the FIRST to jump on it? Notice that Vezok only got on the wagon once it was established. Wouldn't it make sense for him to start it himself if he was so sure? And I know nothing about Lost, but chesskid3's comment right after Vezok's claim shows that the role and the name may be contradictory. That, and he claims Dekes to be the scummiest character on the show Season 1, by your admission. Again, as I'm assuming Vezok's play style off of your description (for reference, I'm imagining Fate here since he sounds similar), and if all of this is to be viewed in that context, this would be totally like him to cause havoc.

You look inconsistent in your beliefs and claims, so
FoS: FaraSera
for now, perhaps a vote later.
Propane and Propane Nightmares
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:27 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Ademisk, it makes no sense for vezok to just declare someone Ethan, because It's incredibly likely that we're lynching Dekes today, and then if he isn't Ethan, Vezok is in some shit, which is why I believe Vezok, and I'd guess the same is true of FaraSera.

Boone backstory in a paragraph:
Boone is a rich kid with a bimbo half-sister he likes a bit too much. He goes out of his way to protect her from bad relationships, though she's just using him cuz he's kinda slow.
He finally figures it out, and then wincest happens the day before the flight. On the island she doesn't want anything to do with him really so they mostly fight, and then Boone starts helping Locke with just about everything, and then he gets owned by a falling plane.
There's also the part in the pilot episode where he is trying to do CPR on Rose I think it was and failing and then Jack rolls in and is all like gtfo fool, I got this.

Boone in a sentence: Tries to be a hero, not very good at it.

That being said, I believe Vezo.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:39 am

Ademisk wrote:FaraSera, really? You advocate a policy lynch of Vezok and claim that he is a very anti-town person, and then when he starts claiming things left and right, you are the FIRST to jump on it? Notice that Vezok only got on the wagon once it was established. Wouldn't it make sense for him to start it himself if he was so sure? And I know nothing about Lost, but chesskid3's comment right after Vezok's claim shows that the role and the name may be contradictory. That, and he claims Dekes to be the scummiest character on the show Season 1, by your admission. Again, as I'm assuming Vezok's play style off of your description (for reference, I'm imagining Fate here since he sounds similar), and if all of this is to be viewed in that context, this would be totally like him to cause havoc.

You look inconsistent in your beliefs and claims, so
FoS: FaraSera
for now, perhaps a vote later.
Are you even reading the game? Vezok's playstyle is very anti-town but it'd be even more anti-town to ignore this information. If he's a name cop, and he got a result of the one character in the show who is most likely to be scum, we're not just ignoring that. In fact, it looks like you're blatantly trying to chainsaw defend practically confirmed scum.

Also, lol at comparing Fate to vezok. I don't think vezok has the intelligence to knowingly cause havoc.

So, question: if you have so many problems with vezok's inconsistent play, why don't you find THEM scummy but somehow find us scummy? It's quite strange.

~Seraphim
You bring her here. If you don't, I'm going to kill one of them. And then if you don't bring her back before sundown tomorrow I'll kill another, and another, another. One everyday. And Charlie, I'll kill you last
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Faraseradayaphim (1): HackerHuck
chesskid3 (1): jasonT1981
Ademisk (1): Dekes
Dekes (4): Faraseradayaphim, chesskid3, vezokpiraka, TheLonging

Not voting (5): dramonic, BloodCovenent, jenniwren, MagnaofIllusion, Ademisk

12 alive, 7 to lynch.
green shirt thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:46 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Don't put him at worse than L-2 until he logs on and claims please.
Ademisk
Ademisk
Goon
Ademisk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Ademisk »

@FaraSera: I don't know Vezok's playstyle so forgive me if I assumed too much. I asked you to clarify earlier but you never did. I still don't like that you started the wagon for him, but I'm sure Dekes will help clarify things.

As for your question, I'm not sure I understand. I don't have problems with Vezok's play because I never played with him and don't know what he's like. I'm only going off what you said, which is why I questioned you and not him since you're the one who characterized him as a bad player and then seemingly changed your mind.

@chesskid3: The only reason its incredibly likely that we're lynching Dekes is because of Vezok's claim. And its true that we can confirm Vezok tomorrow depending on the lynch today, but in the process we may lose 2 townies needlessly. I still think we should at the very least wait for Dekes to explain himself before we lynch him.

And I've never heard of a name cop. Is this a common role?
Propane and Propane Nightmares
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:54 am

Post by TheLonging »

Stalkers are the mafia version of name cops. They're not that common, but used on occasion in themes.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:57 am

Post by dramonic »

im gonna wait for dekes before voting
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:04 am

Ademisk wrote:@FaraSera: I don't know Vezok's playstyle so forgive me if I assumed too much. I asked you to clarify earlier but you never did. I still don't like that you started the wagon for him, but I'm sure Dekes will help clarify things.
Started the wagon on who? Dekes? Why. If we think he's scum why shouldn't we start a wagon on him. That's bizarre.
As for your question, I'm not sure I understand. I don't have problems with Vezok's play because I never played with him and don't know what he's like. I'm only going off what you said, which is why I questioned you and not him since you're the one who characterized him as a bad player and then seemingly changed your mind.
O really? Then:
then when he starts claiming things left and right, you are the FIRST to jump on it? Notice that Vezok only got on the wagon once it was established. Wouldn't it make sense for him to start it himself if he was so sure?
What's this all about if not casting doubt on vezo?You seem to be expressing a disbelief of what he's saying here. You'd not have had to play with him before to have problems with that, really. I still don't get why you're questioning us on that though so yeah.

And I've never heard of a name cop. Is this a common role?
It's not common, but not unheard of. I've used one in [REDACTED] (it's flipped so it's fine).
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:47 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Ademisk is scum for attacking sera/fara and not voting dekes.

Vote: Dekes
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:53 am

Post by chesskid3 »

That's L-2. Please no more votes until he has a chance to log on.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by dramonic »

Please explain to me clearly why we are even voting him?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by dramonic »

EBWOP: All I'm seeing is "his role sounds like scum, lynch him!"
I'm a hoot
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

That's why we're waiting for a claim.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Dekes »

Good, RVS is already over.
But gee, vezo, you really are fucked now. I'm Claire Littleton.

Now I see two options:
a) Vezo really is a daycop getting fake results (with Boone being fail on the show, too) (more likely)
b) (I see what you did there by saying I'd probably have fake claim. Now the following seems like an OMGUS) He's not a daycop at all and in fact he himself is Ethan Rom and his fakeclaim is Boone Carlyle. And he was trying to give his story credit by his meta: "I had a day ability once and used it right away. I'm doing it again now so I must be telling the truth!)

Why do I say I think the first option is more likely though the second one would be a more sensible defense for me?
Because if he he really made up all of this then the instant I flip Claire (guaranteed), he's pretty much screwed.
Now let's make a quick Iso on vezo, shall we?
vezokpiraka[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2476826#p2476826]#16[/url] wrote:Dekes is scum. I called it here and now. I want credit for it.
This apparently happend after you got your "result" as mentioned in #76. But hey, you say you're sure I'm scum yet later on you state:
vezokpiraka[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2479622#p2479622]#76[/url] wrote:I forgot Ethan was a bad guy. I though he was the kid with the dog. I then checked the wiki now when I had time and remembered who Ethan is.
So how could you be sure if I was scum if you only got a name and you state later on you didn't know who Ethan was? Already caught in a lie, aren't we?
vezokpiraka[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2479271#p2479271]#60[/url] wrote:It's not like John has to be pr and Jack too and Sawyer too and all of that people. Also this is vanillaless if I remember correctly.
Huh? If the second point is true, the first point must be true as well. Contradictions, too?

Anyway, if vezo really is a daycop (albeit getting wrong results), chances are high he won't see the light of Day 2. So let's deal with the scummiest persons now.

Vote: BloodCovenent
Opportunistic scum is opportunistic. So is The Longing. Votes are interchangable. They aren't even trying to question vezo's validity or sanity. And TheLonging, I didn't ignore vezo, you can read my Iso, it's not that long.

However, if the rest of you town is willing to lynch me based on that dubious claim, let me at least give my role out there before you bring me to the noose.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Wow...I haven't been able to post because my computer is being repaired and I've only just gotten my dad away from his. This is a fun way to start the game.

I'm *almost* of two minds about the Ethan reveal--a tiny part of me wants to be a little skeptical because it's an awfully convenient reveal, but since Vezo is claiming something that is so easily proven true or false, I am MUCH more inclined to believe him to be telling the truth. It just doesn't make sense to lie about that.

Since he's at L-2 already, I'm holding my vote until we hear from Dekes. In the meantime, I do have one question for Vezo. I read the following post as meaning that you thought Ethan was the kid with the dog (Walt), and you revealed him to the town without waiting for him to claim because you thought that. You didn't vote earlier because you thought Ethan was the kid and not the villain, but then you wiki'd Ethan and found out he was the villain and that's why you voted. (Correct me if I am wrong. If I am misreading this and you meant you wiki'd him before you revealed his identity, then the following question is moot.)

Why would you reveal the kid's identity?
vezokpiraka wrote:Sorry. When day was first announced I sent the ability and checked the result when I came back.
I forgot Ethan was a bad guy. I though he was the kid with the dog. I then checked the wiki now when I had time and remembered who Ethan is.
unvote
Vote Dekes

I am sleepy Going to bed now before I say stupid stuff
BTW:
I saw Chesskid wrote a summary of Boone's character earlier, but for those of you who haven't watched the show...Ethan can be summed up by his quote in Farasera's signature. He infiltrates the survivors, pretends to be one of them, and does some pretty bad things, like kidnap a pregnant woman and try to kill the hobbit...so you can see why so many of us who watch the show are willing to lynch him for his name alone.

Preview Edit:
Discussion time...

I can't edit more because we're about to have dinner, but I think it's interesting that Dekes claims Claire, as Claire was Ethan's primary target.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

UNVOTE:
Definitely don't want to rush this. But I'm not saying I'm finished with the matter by unvoting.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Whatever you say dekes. I follow a claim of you being ethan which makes sense as a scum role what else was i supposed to do, ignore it? You may call me opportunistic but it was no way opportunistic. I am, believe it or not rather good at keeping track of thresholds and if someone were to come in and vote quickly I would have unvoted to let the day evolve so that you had time to claim or rebuttal. No doubt I do agree that occasionally the third or fourth vote on a player can be opportunistic. However scum-bloodcovenent would blindly jump on a wagon as the late voter with no reasoning. As you may ask what my reasoning is... well.... it's that there was a claim that your role was of an "other." And they are bad in season 1. Therefore i felt confident in you as a lynch. Note that it doesn't make sense for Scum Vezo to so early give off a fake claim though. Because i would assume he knows that if you flip town, he will be ultimately hung tomorrow. -One of the reasons why I followed him.

Anyways. I'll stall the wagon for now.

Unvote:
Vote: Ademisk

scum.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In case Reck didn't mention that I was V/LA this weekend -- I am.

Have only a few moments to post quick thoughts -

Vezo is probably a lyncher with Dekes as his target and has cobbled together some craptastic story to back it up. This is based on a very quick skim but is what is coming to mind of the top. I also have huge issues with a specific statement Vezo made but need to read the thread in depth to gauge who else disliked it.

Reck being the Mod certainly doesn't mean that the lyncher target can't be scum.

In any event several scum likely hopped on the whole Ethan Rom claim.

Based solely on what is right above me and his jump -

VOTE: BloodCov

Also for the record - I've seen every episode of Lost so please don't try pulling any crap flavor information in thread.

Far-Sera : Vezo is not a good policy lynch. There is sufficent meta to read him floating all around the site to decide if he is Town-VI or Scum / 3rd Party VI.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:In case Reck didn't mention that I was V/LA this weekend -- I am.

Have only a few moments to post quick thoughts -

Vezo is probably a lyncher with Dekes as his target and has cobbled together some craptastic story to back it up. This is based on a very quick skim but is what is coming to mind of the top. I also have huge issues with a specific statement Vezo made but need to read the thread in depth to gauge who else disliked it.

Reck being the Mod certainly doesn't mean that the lyncher target can't be scum.

In any event several scum likely hopped on the whole Ethan Rom claim.

Based solely on what is right above me and his jump -

VOTE: BloodCov

Also for the record - I've seen every episode of Lost so please don't try pulling any crap flavor information in thread.

Far-Sera : Vezo is not a good policy lynch. There is sufficent meta to read him floating all around the site to decide if he is Town-VI or Scum / 3rd Party VI.
What jump?

Post is noted that you first brought up the idea of a lyncher.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Whats up with the massive smear campgain against vezo?
Dramonic
Dekes
Jenni
Magna

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”