Newbie 1002: Nowherevilletownplace (D3)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:24 am

Post by el simo »

Ok so Furcolow is at L-1, NOBODY HAMMER. It is far too early in the day to hammer and he hasn't had a chance to defend himself either.

Long days are good for town, short days are good for scum.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Kanashimi »

@el simo:

That what he was saying all the time basically. And i agree with him in a point, but not enough to actually thinking in lynch you, lol.
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Kanashimi »

E: Ninja'ed.

I agree with what el simo said above. I'll take off my vote from him just as a precaution, but i want to let clear that he is still my FoS.

Unvote: Furcolow
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Zenken »

el simo wrote:

Zenken wrote:I would make a pretty horrible MAfia, exposing myself on the first day wouldn't I? Ha;f of this discussion was about the lack of MAfia lynching on the first day, I may be a noob, but I think it's obvious, making me a Mafia would be in poor tastes, I'm too inexperienced to be of any use to the mob. Unless I would just be a pity kill for thw townies to make them feel better, I honestly placed el simo as a mafia, being as high and mighty as he was, trying to cast himself in light on the first day in order to hide his actions during night. Placing me as a Mafia isn't exactly, a good idea, I'm an asshole, not a Mafia.
This perhaps the first time you've explained your vote with any real reason.

Essentially you are voting me for trying to appear too townie, correct?
Well, thinking it Retrospect, yeah, I was Voting you because you seemed -too- townie, thinking about it now, why suspect the most unsuspecting, paranoia. I'm a townie looking over my shoulder. Furcolow gave me a better Vote. We'll just see how things turn out.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Zenken wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
Zenken wrote:This is I, Zenken, confirming in thread... because I am supposed to
o
Notice the incorrect word usage? Scum do that more often than town, in my opinion. I do it as scum, but not when I am a townie.
Zenken wrote:Well... I wish I coulda known who killed our Hermit... and why I should care, if he was a hermit, who did he bother? Gah
Vote : el simo
because I dislike Rambo.
This is not even a good random vote.
Zenken wrote:1) Never before, I didn't even know about MAfia until someone told me about it a few weeks back.
2) I don't understand this.... this inside term thing annoys me.
3) Watching Trueblood.
4) Uhm.... uh.... uhm..... Ice cream?
Typing seems nervous, lots of elipsii, and he holds the shift key too long when typing "mafia" because he is hyper-aware of the fact that he is scum.
Zenken wrote:Sorry, I was using quick reply.
Quicktime? Seriously? What the hell is quick reply? Sounds a lot like you have a mafia thread to me, buddy.
Zenken wrote:I've heard these games don't just go from zero to sixty in five seconds, things take time. I'm more then willing to let some of the more experienced players sorta steer this, unless I get some sort of bright ideas. Is it possible to ask people what they do in town? This isn't a question I want everyone to answer, this is just curiosity.
"what they do in town" ???
seriously?
He doesn't want "everyone" to answer it, he is just curious, because he is mafia needing to learn how to act as town.

Case closed.
I would make a pretty horrible MAfia, exposing myself on the first day wouldn't I? Ha;f of this discussion was about the lack of MAfia lynching on the first day, I may be a noob, but I think it's obvious, making me a Mafia would be in poor tastes, I'm too inexperienced to be of any use to the mob. Unless I would just be a pity kill for thw townies to make them feel better, I honestly placed el simo as a mafia, being as high and mighty as he was, trying to cast himself in light on the first day in order to hide his actions during night. Placing me as a Mafia isn't exactly, a good idea, I'm an asshole, not a Mafia.

You're taking my typing habits as a sign I'm Mafia? That's odd, it would be nice to have references from this site to quote that I type like this all the time. I hold shift for to long almost constantly, and my left hand is faster then my right, so like, usually ends up liek, and I press the next key to fast when holding shift for my capitols. I am in no way a very solid writer and typer, this I admit freely, and would in any other circumstance if you were to ask me without the accusation. Also, this -is- my first game ever. I do not know how to play Town or Mafia, so your point remains that I was trying to learn how to play town, but you miss the fact I don't know how to play either.
Playing the noob card, and still making the same nervous twitches I called you out on.
Zenken wrote:@ Kanashimi
I have no idea :3
Vote: Furcolow

^ For voting me, with poor reasoning, but, knowing it's the first day, all reasoning is poor reasoning.
Blatant OMGUS vote here. Vote the guy who outs you as scum. Obvious. Zenken is mafia.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Zenken wrote:
el simo wrote:

Zenken wrote:I would make a pretty horrible MAfia, exposing myself on the first day wouldn't I? Ha;f of this discussion was about the lack of MAfia lynching on the first day, I may be a noob, but I think it's obvious, making me a Mafia would be in poor tastes, I'm too inexperienced to be of any use to the mob. Unless I would just be a pity kill for thw townies to make them feel better, I honestly placed el simo as a mafia, being as high and mighty as he was, trying to cast himself in light on the first day in order to hide his actions during night. Placing me as a Mafia isn't exactly, a good idea, I'm an asshole, not a Mafia.
This perhaps the first time you've explained your vote with any real reason.

Essentially you are voting me for trying to appear too townie, correct?
Well, thinking it Retrospect, yeah, I was Voting you because you seemed -too- townie, thinking about it now, why suspect the most unsuspecting, paranoia. I'm a townie looking over my shoulder. Furcolow gave me a better Vote. We'll just see how things turn out.
'furcolow is voting for me, so he is now a better vote'

this may be a noobie game, but there is NO excuse for play this bad
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Furcolow »

IF kanashimi revotes me before hammer, or hammers me, he is likely zenken's partner.
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Zenken »

@ Furcolow

My typing tendencies aren't brought on by nervousness, that would be obvious especially if i continued to use then after you 'outed' me on being scum, mostly because, I don't see what you're pointing out. It's just how I type regularly.
Maddie
Maddie
Townie
Maddie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Maddie »

@ Furcolow - the case you have against Zenken is... fairly debatable, as it refers to word usage, a random vote and typing style. Also, it's directly related to your lack of knowledge regarding the platform (i.e. quick reply). The role claim, which is the other thing you specified in motivating your vote, is indeed what unsettled me as well. However, when you get to that point, your credibility is already so ruined, that I need to ask you again, in hope of clarification: other than meta-linguistic issues... is there anything related to his logic, consistency, actions and scumminess that deserved your vote? Please develop and explain. Otherwise I have no choice but to find your actions to be scummy and to consider that you are going for a defenseless newbie based on bogus.

@ Zenken - actually, my question for you was if you still think mass claiming is a good idea, and why you figured it might be a good idea in the first place, even partially applied.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Maddie
Maddie
Townie
Maddie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Maddie »

@ Zenken - also, are you voting for Furcolow only because he is voting for you on poor grounds?
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by el simo »

Kanashimi wrote:@el simo:

That what he was saying all the time basically. And i agree with him in a point, but not enough to actually thinking in lynch you, lol.
I don't see the link between reacted the most and being too townie.

If you really think I am too townie, I'd suggest you meta me. I've made it to the end game in almost all my games, only been lynched twice (never on this account) and been night killed more often than not, because I look 'too townie.'

Furcolow, perhaps your only valid point is the OMGUS, and even that is arguable. From what I've gathered from your other games, you haven't really learned much from your past experiences. If you truly are town, I'd suggest you drop your vote, re-evaluate your situation and discuss the ideas that the rest of the town have brought up and try to look for more plausible scum tells.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Zenken »

@ Maddie

I honestly have never played a Mafia game, and I assumed there would be more thought into why a Townie is nothing more then a townie, I.E Alibi. Maybe I'm looking at the game entirely wrong, which is completely possible at this point. and yes, I am voting Furcolow for is accusation that I'm scum on poor ground.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@mod votecount
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Furcolow »

zenken is a plausible lynch
he is scummy as fuck this game
don't give me "defend yourself" or meta bullshit
just listen to me and do what im telling you to do
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by el simo »

Furcolow wrote:zenken is a plausible lynch
Why do you even bother playing the game if you aren't going to try improve?
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Kanashimi »

Furcolow wrote:zenken is a plausible lynch
If i could i would double-vote you.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Furcolow »

because you are scum
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Furcolow »

claim-time?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Furcolow »

unvote me if you are town voting for me, or i'm going to claim, and help scum
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Furcolow »

well not purposefully help scum, but you get my drift. it helps them to know our roles.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Furcolow »

if i am a townie, and they know that, it makes it easier for them to hit a power role
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Kanashimi »

That's your argument?
Unvote me because i'm telling the truth?

You really won't create any better statement?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Furcolow »

do you want me to claim?
I don't need a defense. There is no case on me whatsoever. The only reason people have voted on me recently are because of these reasons:

Zenken: Voted me because I caught him as scum
You: Voted me because I caught your partner as scum

That is the entirety of the case on me, with people disliking a roleclaim. I wasn't even wanting to mass roleclaim, or I would have done it myself. Regardless, it is time for me to roleclaim if anyone else is considering voting me. If you are, tell me, and we can settle this like men.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Furcolow »

When saying I didn't want a mass roleclaim, I was simply seeing who would react to it in what way, that is all
FrozenAeon
FrozenAeon
Townie
FrozenAeon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by FrozenAeon »

sykedoc wrote:
Rules:

4) Try not to triple post.
*cough* Furcolow *cough*

You suggested we massclaim. That's why I'm voting you.
Zenken wrote:I may be a noob, but I think it's obvious, making me a Mafia would be in poor tastes, I'm too inexperienced to be of any use to the mob. Unless I would just be a pity kill for thw townies to make them feel better
Seriously? We're all a buncha noobs here. Making you mafia wouldn't be any different than making me mafia. Besides that, I'm pretty sure roles are distributed randomly, so your argument "The mod wouldn't make me scum I'm too noob LOL" is totally bogus. Make better arguments please.

Everyone, please don't quote a giant block of text to add one sentence. Quote the main sentence(s) you're responding to. Giant quotes are annoying and take up a lot of room. Thank you!
"Quick to judge, quick to anger
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand"
~Rush, Witch Hunt

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”