Mini 1023 - City Watch Mafia - Game Over!

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by Budja »

Plum wrote:No one touched my question about who besides Chrono made EXTREMELY suspect votes on yesterday's KHG wagon. Because. I think it could be the antidote to the KHG mishaps yesterday. That is. A wagon which we can all pile onto real fast but this time actually net scum with it. ANY BITES, OR DOES NO ONE LIKE COOKIES AROUND HERE?
I assumed you were talking about Tasky here. I'm all for him posting ASAP when he gets back but their are better suspects.
Plum wrote:Narsis takes potshots and I wonder whether that wagon on him yesterday wasn't actually a doubleplus good idea.
He was slipping under my radar too :P. Quite a strong contender for the lynch with Chrono.

@Plum, what do you think of Thor's #403.

VOTE COUNT

Chronopie (4): Narsis, Thor665, Plum, Budja
FakeGod (3): VasudeVa, jimfinn, Chronopie
VasudeVa (2): TheButtonmen, FakeGod

Not Voting (1): Tasky

With 10 alive, 6 votes are needed to lynch.
Last edited by molestargazer on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:35 am

Post by jimfinn »

Re: Narsis
I still find him to be scummy, but less so than FakeGod.

General theory discussion relevant to this game but more in general:
Scum know that they need a certain number of mislynches to win the game. Encouraging the town to lynch a VI rather than true scumhunting, or encouraging the town to lynch a player who someone believes is town due to an annoying playstyle accomplishes scum one of those mislynches and minimizes the number of people who will disagree with them for pushing the lynch. Therefore, it is a good idea for scum to lynch VIs, and that is why I voted FakeGod.

@ Thor
I was going by the wikitell of 3rd vote on an RVS wagon is scum simply as a way of starting discussion and because I had read the wiki in the hopes of trying to improve my scumhunting ability. I don't think anyone (including myself) ought to use such a broad scumtell once the RVS is over (as it now is)
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Narsis »

TheButtonmen wrote: One thing that I did notice during my read of today was:
Narsis wrote:
Chronopie wrote:Just saying Rolefishing is a Scum tell, doesn't help. As afaict it isn't much of one.

I know that I'm probably the antithesis of a good townie. And I know that I tend to Rolefish (sometimes inadvertently), ALOT. Alignment independent. Null tell.
if you are the antithesis of a good townie then what is the point of keeping you around? wouldn't it be better to kill you now then have you causing trouble later?
Narsis wrote:
FakeGod wrote:My conclusion at the end was: VV has done many anti-town things, but in order to do them he would have to be town. :?
so in that case wouldn't it be better to find and lynch scum?
I'm not liking the contradiction here.
how did i know when i posted the question to FakeGod that someone would point this out...

the same thing i said to Chronopie also applies to VV. if he is acting against the town, then would it not be better to get rid of him? however, FakeGod said that he thinks VV is town. thus it seems odd to me that if you think someone is town, you would want to lynch them. it would be better in that instance for FakeGod to be going after who he thinks is scum.

as for me taking potshots and slipping under the radar: the first is how i scum hunt. if i see something worthy of a question, i ask the question. as for the second, would you care to show me how i've been playing so scummy that i would be an alternate lynch candidate? i will acknowledge that my Day 1 play was less then perfect. it was actually fairly poor tbh. but have i not stepped it up a bit Day 2?
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by Tasky »

back from V/LA... I'll do a reread as soon as possible...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Everyone is (just about) within Prod Range. Keep up the activity.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Chronopie (4): Narsis, Thor665, Plum, Budja
FakeGod (3): VasudeVa, jimfinn, Chronopie
VasudeVa (2): TheButtonmen, FakeGod
Reposting for possible importance in the near future.

Also, hail Tasky's back. Quickly, take a stance or be lynched with extreme prejudice.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

@VV:
Answer my question please.
TheButtonmen wrote:
@VV:
Do you think I am scum?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:08 am

Post by FakeGod »

Note to self: don't lynch VIs in minis

Unvote
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:19 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Hey Tasky, I see you posting. Catch up, quick.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

@VV - why do you keep avoiding Button's question to you? At least admit you see it and are avoiding it so he doesn't just have to keep repeating it to you.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Tasky »

my top suspects are FakeGod and Chronopie... this is why:

FakeGod:
FakeGod wrote:ISO 41:
VasudeVa wrote:
Vote: FakeGod

I am dissappoint that no one is listening to me on ButtonMen. I also like the fact that he has been posting elsewhere whilst ignoring my attack on him. Yum yum Scum. Still, FG is scum with him so w/e.
VV ignores mod's request to unvote before voting another player to avoid confusion (see rule 5 and 5-1), vote FG as soon as he posts that he will be V/LA for the day, for no reason other than because FG followed Button's vote and voted VV, and the fact that Button has no vote and will be hard to get other people to lynch him.
this is one of the main points: It's clearly obvious that the unvoting thing is a nulltell. And still FakeGod wants to put it on his lists. Why? the only reason I can come up with is that you really want to pile as much dirt as possible on VV. It's clear in this part of the attack, that you don't want to find out the truth about VV, but just want to discredit him.

then comes the whole thing with the anti-town vs. scum argument. I think that was discussed enough, I think it's clear that a townie wouldn't lynch someone if they think he is is town.

both things together are scumtells enough to warrant a
FoS: FakeGod

Chronopie

chronopie's early play didn't strike me as especially scummy but the last posts were just a "I am scum"-scream:
Chronopie wrote:Well that doesn't help :?

So I'll just have to contrast it one of your town games...

From Go Play in Traffic (complete)
FakeGod - Townie wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote: You find it weird that Fate changed his post style, but he seems more logical, so you are hesitant to follow him? Then you blatantly join the wagon just because Fate said so? Do you understand the reasoning behind the wagon?
Well, logic doesn't mean I should follow him. I play by inconsistency-tell, so when someone suddenly changes stance I get suspicious.

When I said logical, I didn't mean he was more convincing, but rather in a different style. It was a miscommunication. Don't worry about it.
This Quote just sticks out at me, because FG claims (as part of his town meta) to play by inconsistency-tell, yet commits inconstancies here.

VOTE: Fakegod
this post looks totally forced... who exactly do you want to compare the playstyle of a player using one post of another game? this is total bullshit. I think you wanted to find something, that you could attack FG with, just so that you get a good reason to jump on his wagon and bus your partner. You didn't want to get caught with your vote off the scum-wagon, didn't you? but on the other side you didn't want to look like you were just copying the other cases. => SCUM!
Chronopie wrote:The excessively strong push on VV is at odds with the rest of your playstyle. Thus inconsistent.

-P.Edit: ya know, reasons help-
well... you continue with your "inconsistency"-nonsense... this argument is total crap: play style isn't something which is set in stone for ever and ever, it changes with the flow of the game.
Chronopie wrote:I'm not a big fan of Meta myself, but We don't have any NA interactions / scum flips to draw info from.
there was so much going on here... there are so much viable cases just waiting to be picked up, you really don't need to meta if you dislike it. especially the kind of meta you did, quoting an isolated post about "contradictions", is totally worthless.

it's clear that you are grasping at straws here. feeling the string around your neck already?

this is enough for a lynch imo... UNVOTE: VOTE: Chronopie
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:56 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Wait, was that the hammer?

No no no! None of you hammer while I have a big revelation in the works.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:02 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

A) No it wasn't.

B) Answer the question.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:03 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I am Vimes. Breadcrumbs here.
Me, ISO 28 wrote:
'V
V's bandwagoning' is a very lazy case. Unless you people can specify why my bandwagonning is bad or suspicious, that won't go anywhere.

I
redact my attack on Plum for now. Although, your last post was Aug. 13 before you started posting again and previous experience with her states that lurky Plum = Plum scum. Context wise, her defense fits.

M
y main issue on Narsis is because his #205 is suspicious. Although, I did vote him way before that because I was looking for a better non-Mysterio wagon and he seemed like a cool guy to vote.

E
veryone still voting for Mysterio should be ashamed of themselves.

S
illy people wasting their votes/not voting should go and do something about that, yeah?
I received a oneshot Daycop investigation applicable only for this day. I will lose it and turn back to my original role once I use it. I will also lose it if I did not use it. It seems to be random, so w/e. Nothing even denotes who will receive a power tommorow.

When I got the Daycop, I had the idea to act as scummy as possible to lure scum to vote for me. Then, I'd daycop their asses and lynch them.

FakeGod is obvscum. I do not even want to waste my investigation on him.

I will be investigating Chronopie. I have already sent it. If he's innocent, we lynch FakeGod then Tasky. If he's scum, we lynch Chronopie then FakeGod.

People better start goddamn unvoting until I receive my investigation results.

ButtonMen is my pick for the third scum.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:06 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Also, whoever hammers at this point will be lynched with extreme prejudice.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:12 am

Post by VasudeVa »

ButtonMen is still not replying. Tee hee. I know you're out there~
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Plum »

UNVOTE:
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:15 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Thank you, Plum. ;)
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:22 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

I say bullocks.

I flat out don't believe you.

A) Trying to erase your scumminess by saying you did it on purpose to draw out the scum is lulzbad defence.

B) How acting scummy makes scum vote you.

C) Why you didn't investigate either of the people voting you (me and FakeGod) but instead investigated Chrono the second his lynch became seemingly inevitable.

D) Explain why FakeGod is so obvscum it would be a waste of an investigation.

E) Explain why I'm not worth investigating.

F) What's the connection between drunkeness and Day Cop (Charisma and DV had a clear and obvious connection)?

I'm going to make a wild guess and say he's going to get a guilty and then expect us to treat him like confirmed town.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:23 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

EBWOP:

B) Explain how acting scummy makes scum vote you.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:26 am

Post by VasudeVa »

A). Lol.

B.) Easy. Scum like to vote lynchbait. I act like lynchbait, scum vote for me.

C.) Oh that's easy. I haven't used it yet. I was bluffing so that people will unvote. HAH. Nice reaction btw.

D.) Both of you jumped at me when I started 'role-harpooning'. He jumped second.

E.) You are.

F.) No idea. But that's what I got. Please, tell your scumbuddies to counterclaim me so that we can get two scum.

Yes.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:27 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

VasudeVa wrote: I will be investigating Chronopie. I have already sent it. If he's innocent, we lynch FakeGod then Tasky. If he's scum, we lynch Chronopie then FakeGod.

ButtonMen is my pick for the third scum.
Explain why I don't get lynched after FakeGod in the "If he's innocent" plan?

Seeing as how I'm the third scum and all?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Plum »

Look, TBM, I agree VV's play has been far from perfect, but unless we get a counterclaim I'm inclined to listen to VV and get some investigation results.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:29 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

VasudeVa wrote: C.) Oh that's easy. I haven't used it yet. I was bluffing so that people will unvote. HAH. Nice reaction btw.
Can't decide if you going to bus or try to save him yet eh?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:30 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Also, why the fuck would I risk a 'scum gambit' like this at DAY TWO with absolutely no pressure on me? Of course, I'll put it out there that me and Chrono could be scumbuddies but I guess I'll have to catch scum today then, huh? I don't mind. I already caught you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”