vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I this game is vanillales why isn't Dekes full claiming.
Wtf is with this lyncher speculation. You are letting scum go away.
i hope he doesn't have a powerful ability.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:28 am

Post by TheLonging »

I don't think this game is vanillaless, but I agree this lyncher speculation is poor
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Faraseradayaphim »

Faraseradayaphim wrote:Also derp flavour for Booned as a daynamecop plz VEZOK
Did you miss this Vezo or conveniently ignore it?

This game isn't vanilaless, or no where does it say that. That sort of speculation is about as anti town as possible anyway.

Hey TL thoughts on the game so far?
You bring her here. If you don't, I'm going to kill one of them. And then if you don't bring her back before sundown tomorrow I'll kill another, and another, another. One everyday. And Charlie, I'll kill you last
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:54 am

Post by TheLonging »

My vote is where it stands because I don't believe dekes. It's also a good way to test vezok's claim. I'm starting to slightly doubt it, but it's not enough for me to move my vote.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:00 am

What do you think of my plan for testing vezok's role?

What exactly don't you believe dekes about?
You bring her here. If you don't, I'm going to kill one of them. And then if you don't bring her back before sundown tomorrow I'll kill another, and another, another. One everyday. And Charlie, I'll kill you last
Ademisk
Ademisk
Goon
Ademisk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Ademisk »

The way I see it we have these possibilities:

We can lynch Dekes and verify Vezok that way. However, if we fail, this will cost us a high price of 2 townies. While I'm starting to see the sense in that Vezok wouldn't make such an easily verifiable claim if he were scum, the cost of failing is still high and Vezok has been intentionally or accidentally 'confusing' character roles based on names. To me this seems a bit fishy still.

We can lynch Vezok and know for sure. If he is scum, job well done. But if he is as he claims, then we could miss out on a lot of potentially useful information assuming he's not paranoid or some other bastard version. This is clearly out of the question.

Or, we can not lynch either (or lynch based off of information not acquired from Vezok's claim). The reason I support this is because if Vezok really is the cop he claims to be and his result is true scum, I don't see why he won't be killed during the night. Mafia have nothing to gain by keeping him alive. But even if he does survive the night because mafia decide to utilize a little reverse psychology and leave him for us to kill during the next day, or he is saved by a power role, we will enter FaraSera's and chesskid's scenario and go from there with a lynch of one of them. And if things go bad, we will only have lost one townie to this charade (disregarding any other unrelated lynches).

Hmm, I started this post off intending to disagree with FaraSera and chesskid. I guess its a good thing I took the time to write it out, lol. But one thing I still don't agree with is how will we be able to test whatever claim Vezok makes tomorrow? The truth behind any claim he makes will be between him and the person he's claiming.
Propane and Propane Nightmares
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:57 am

Post by TheLonging »

Your plan sounds good, but what do you mean guess someone's name? Like he daycops says someone's name and then that person claims name? I like that idea

I don't believe dekes is Claire for now because yes dekes, you did ignore vezok from what I've read largely up until he claimed. And I'm not opportunistic, I tend to believe PR's unless I have previously found them scummy. One of them are lying so I'm going to believe vezok.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:10 am

Post by chesskid3 »

So basically if vezok survives the night, we decide on someone for him to use his ability on/someone volunteers, and if he gets it right, we trust him?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Ademisk
Ademisk
Goon
Ademisk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Ademisk »

Ideally, yes. It would have to be done in the open, and at the same time so we know neither cheated. Maybe the owner of the role can encrypt his answer and post it, and once Vezok claims the role, the owner can tell us how to decrypt it. It probably can be done though.
Propane and Propane Nightmares
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:19 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Checking in quickly, got a spare few minutes on the PC before I have to go back out once again.... alot of WIFOM and ability to be infuenced by scum.....especially with these two posts alone I have spotted.
Faraseradayaphim wrote: Actually if VEZO is a daynamecop he'll be able to give us another name tomorrow with no worry of roleblocks. I mean
if he dies tonight well his flip confirms Dekes as scum
, or if he dies and flips lyncher it confirms dekes as Claire.
You do realize this could influence the scum kill.... and be used as a possible set up for a day 2 mislynch?
chesskid3 wrote:So basically if vezok survives the night, we decide on someone for him to use his ability on/someone volunteers, and if he gets it right, we trust him?
This again can directly be influenced by scum... If we decide the target for him in day 2 then scum can also have a say on who he can use the ability on and push it in a wrong direction. I think Vez should use this on who HE feels he should use it on, to avoid any potential scum interference. That way if he is actually telling the Truth about who he is... then its coming from his own suspicions, and not influenced by those not town alligned
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:20 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Dude we could use RSA Encryption WOOHOOO
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:22 am

Post by HackerHuck »

vezokpiraka wrote:Oh I see.
It's annoying to know what happens in the other seasons but everything that happens there is not related.
I think the scums are : Ethan, Black Smoke , Polar Bear. LOL.
This isn't helpful. Save the general role/setup speculation for later in the game.
Dekes wrote: @HackerHuck
No, reasons, eh?
How about I didn't want to give away my role prematurely when I wasn't in imminent danger of being lynched (= L-1 and people threatening to hammer)?
Or how about people only wanted me to give out my name to test out vezo's claim?
And before you give me the crap I'm scum hinting at a PR but stalling with my full claim to come up with a proper fake claim. If this is indeed a vanillaless game, this tactic would make me not more valuable to town.

This is not a smear campaign or chainsaw defending. This is simply people being wary of an extremely sketchy claim early Day 1. No one said, I couldn't be scum and no one said vezo's claim has to be a lie. But blindly following such a claim instead of questioning it is imo rather done by scum than town.
We have a day-cop who is not counterclaimed and he has called you out as his target. Not only does he declare you to have a likely scum-name, you actually claim an entirely different name. I wasn't necessarily going to vote you if said your name really was Ethan, but since there's a discrepancy here, I'm quite certain that one of you is scum. Without a counterclaim and without knowing of a day-redirector or some other obscure role that would give him a bad result, I'm going to believe him over you. Your role
chesskid3 wrote: Also:
Looking at ISO, Hacker has 5 1 sentence posts.
Yup. I'm not going to waste space by speculating on the setup right now. We should try and find people who act scummy and argue about the setup once we have some more information.

BTW, we need full claims (including flavour) from both Dekes and Vezok.

I'm not in favour of this so-called test. There's way too much room for manipulation and we're going to lose the townie even if we nail the scum.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:22 am

Post by chesskid3 »

The problem Jason, is if his ability is that he always gets a wrong name (not that i see that happening cuz that's a shit role), if he targets a maf and gets a town name that isn't in play, they aren't going to disagree with him.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:24 am

Post by chesskid3 »

HackerHuck wrote:I wasn't necessarily going to vote you if said your name really was Ethan
Btw I think most of us would have been up for lynching him if he confirmed that his name was Ethan, even if he claimed a pro-town ability+flavor.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:28 am

Post by jenniwren »

chesskid3 wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:I wasn't necessarily going to vote you if said your name really was Ethan
Btw I think most of us would have been up for lynching him if he confirmed that his name was Ethan, even if he claimed a pro-town ability+flavor.

I would have for certain. I haven't ever forgiven Ethan for nearly killing my favorite hobbit. For reals. Seriously though, it would be difficult for me to see how Ethan could be on the Losties side at all. He stands out as being the only definitive villain from S1.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:34 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

chesskid3 wrote:The problem Jason, is if his ability is that he always gets a wrong name (not that i see that happening cuz that's a shit role),
if he targets a maf and gets a town name that isn't in play, they aren't going to disagree with him
that is a good point actually.

Right now in my thinking... it is a very risky gambit if he is not actually claiming who he says he is. The lyncher theory has been brought up.. im not entirely sure how that works... does the lyncher automatically win the game if said target is lynched?

Outside of a lyncher role, then there really is no reason for him to be lying... because if he is... then the next day the he will be hot under the microscope. I don't see much to gain from a scum Vez here.

my point on the day 2 target still stands though, it should be completly up to him to avoid scum interference or influence.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:39 am

Post by chesskid3 »

but the person he chooses should be required to post their role in code before he claims what it is. And even then if he is mafia they could plan it in the QT.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:40 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

jenniwren wrote:

I would have for certain. I haven't ever forgiven Ethan for nearly killing my favorite hobbit. For reals. Seriously though, it would be difficult for me to see how Ethan could be on the Losties side at all. He stands out as being the only definitive villain from S1.
This actually made me think... Ethan was 'undercover' for the others in S1 pretending to be a crash survivor who was really working for the others who were the 'bad guys' of season 1.

Vez, as day cop, did you get just a name, or did you get an actual guilty? I was reading the introduction and seen this
xRECKONERx wrote: 24)
Setup Design:
You can
try
to outguess the mod, but it's probably pointless.
Flavor of the show has nothing to do with the flavor of the game,
aside from the characters/mechanics seen in the game (they will match up with S1, but not S2-S6).
Im not sure if this means that just because person X is bad in show makes him bad in game or not.... Ive played a game were Ben Linus actually was the town doctor.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:00 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Yeah but we don't have to worry about it anymore because Dekes denied being Ethan, so somebody is lying, or something very strange is going on.
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:14 am

I want vezo to namecop us tomorrow actually . He's got like a 1/13 chance of outright guessing who we are. I'm prepared to take that chance on his role.

Actually Vezok I have a proposal. If you are a lyncher please claim. This way we can lynch Dekes today (there's no guarantee he's town, see reck's mod meta). You'll leave the game and we'll at least be free of all these distractions. What say you? You get a guaranteed win and we at the very least have a decent chance of lynching a scum lynchee.

Hey hacker what do ya think of vezok not claiming any flavour for his investigation when asked?

Listen Vezo's not mafia I'm pretty sure. he's either town or a lyncher.
I'm not in favour of this so-called test. There's way too much room for manipulation and we're going to lose the townie even if we nail the scum.
Don't get what you mean by the las bit. Explain?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:36 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Wait, you would support a lyncher getting his win cause?... in my experience with lynchers and it is limited to my admission... A lyncher is never set out to lynch an anti-town role. That would mean willingly supporting a lynch of a town role??? thats not very pro town.

It is actually something scum might suggest to get rid of a town member? a lyncher is usually an anti town role. I don't like helping a lyncher win the game with a lynch of someone who could be town.

major FOS: Faraseradayaphim

Unless you can show me where a lyncher has set out to lynch an anti-town role in a game, this could well turn into a vote.
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:38 am

wow
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:38 am

Also Guys Part 2 mafia run by....XRECKONERX
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:39 am

I'd prefer if no one else answered for vezok. thanks.
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:39 am

If he wants to win I'll help him, if he keeps up this charade he'll end up losing what could be an easy game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”