jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:52 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Faraseradayaphim wrote:In other news, jenniwren avoided the whole iussue of Dekes/Vezok apart from the initial claim. Who's scum Jenni? Your last few posts have been talking about nothing game related.
I noticed that too, It seemed like inane chatter about the show in the hopes of looking like he was blending in all while doing very little.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:51 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

jasonT1981 wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote: 1. You assume they have fake claims. If they did, this would be the first game that i have been in that scum were given fake claims aside from just suggesting that they claim Spartacus.

Actually, BC it is not..... you played in GB Mafia, though replacing out. Scum were given fake claims. I'm not sure if you kept up with the game after you left though or not.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=14705
No. I generally don't keep track of games that I replace out of or die early on in.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Ah fair enough. I kinda figured you didn't keep up given your comment.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:41 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

If Dekes gets killed I lose. But the cool thing is I don't get thrown out of the game.
So if you won''t at least try to help me win I will do unpleasent things. I claimed not because Fara asked me but because I had no way of forcing the dekes lynch. Claire could still be scum through.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:41 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Personally. i think giving scum fake claims whether full or not makes for a lazy and poor scumteam.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:45 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

vezokpiraka wrote:If Dekes gets killed I lose. But the cool thing is I don't get thrown out of the game.
So if you won''t at least try to help me win I will do unpleasent things
. I claimed not because Fara asked me but because I had no way of forcing the dekes lynch. Claire could still be scum through.
I don't like this... threatening the town to help you with your win condition? Sorry, I don't care much for helping a lyncher win the game, I care about lynching scum and winning the game. Have you any intentions of helping town?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:46 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

See. There is the problem.
Why would I help town if town doesn't want to help me?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:08 am

Post by chesskid3 »

K, so vezo confessing puts new light on Magna, though I still don't get a good vibe for some reason. It's probably his angry tone, but I'm guessing that has nothing to do with role.
I believe that Vezo is a lyncher now. Since his threats, would it be a good idea to have a vig shoot his ass if there is one?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:10 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Because it is not it towns interests to help 3rd party. It is in towns interest to lynch scum, and helping you win, could mean the lynch of a possible town member. You see the problem? What do you mean by you will do unpleasent things? Is this a threat towards the town? if so, its not helping your case.
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Faraseradayaphim »

Vote Jenni

Any vigs out there should take care of vezo, I don't want to 'waste' a lynch on him. Also lyncher's a sucky role in a mini game. Also there's too many people being so fucking...passive. It's annoying.
You bring her here. If you don't, I'm going to kill one of them. And then if you don't bring her back before sundown tomorrow I'll kill another, and another, another. One everyday. And Charlie, I'll kill you last
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:20 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I'll help this wagon. UNVOTE:
VOTE: Jenniwren

Am I being passive, FaraSera? (serious question, this is only my 2nd game here, and I replaced out of my first (It's ongoing, so I won't talk about it, but there was this guy being a douchebag in it,and I wasn't having fun so)) Definitely not new to in-person mafia, but forum mafia is a bit interesting to get involved in.

Also, I added Jenni to my list of supects at around page 5, for the same reason you point out about extreme active lurking, only emerging to talk about lost.
However I never said it in thread, but I promise I'm not strawmanning.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:22 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Vote farasera

I won't change my vote.
He is either scum or Jack.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:27 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

vezokpiraka wrote:
Vote farasera

I won't change my vote.
He is either scum or Jack.
*Sigh* Any actual reasons for your 'suspicions' and are you going to answer my question?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:31 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Yes.
He devised a plan to make me claim to be sure I am not a Pr.He wanted to appear pro town. He is a very smart scum.
I am thiking that if I help you to lynch two scums you will let me have my win.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:36 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Vezo, if Dekes gets lynched but you're already dead, do you still win?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:39 am

Post by HackerHuck »

UNVOTE: Dekes
Dekes- I wasn't expecting a counterclaim, but I'm always willing to trade townie for scum if scum is willing to fake a claim like that. I've never played a game with a lyncher before, so I wasn't thinking about it at first and I discounted it because I don't think it's that common of a role.
Those reveals really took me for a spin, so I need to go back through these last few pages again. I'm not happy with Vezok's play here, but maybe it will help us find some scum.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:48 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I think so.
I doesn't say it won't happen.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:59 am

Post by TheLonging »

vezokpiraka wrote:
TheLonging wrote:I don't think this game is vanillaless, but I agree this lyncher speculation is poor
Here is the quote.
Why do you think the game is vanillaless? I don't think so. I do think though that the lyncher speculation is poor, but MoI brought up good points to you being lyncher.

EDIT: And upon further reading, he did claim lyncher. Sigh.

unvote

MoI: It's not fencesitting. I clearly wanted to test the lynch to see if we was telling the truth. I only doubted it because he didn't seem like he really wanted to pursue the vote.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:00 am

Post by TheLonging »

*he, not we
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:06 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

vezokpiraka wrote:Yes.
He devised a plan to make me claim to be sure I am not a Pr.He wanted to appear pro town. He is a very smart scum.
Well, it worked did it not and got you to confess your real role?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:22 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Yes. But I was going to claim if I he didn't said that.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

chesskid3 wrote:Vezo, if Dekes gets lynched but you're already dead, do you still win?
As far as I know, he only wins as long as he is alive. If he is dead, he cant furfil his condition.

Anyway, we should maybe move away from Vez and start to look for actual scum instead of chasing lynchers. I quite like jenniwren for scum right now, Like I said earlier his interactions so far have been almost like he is trying to add nothing, while looking like he is with the lost character talk. I guess you could also see that as slight rolefishing.

vote:jenniwren

Maybe some pressure will hep him give us content
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:46 am

Post by jenniwren »

Faraseradayaphim wrote:In other news, jenniwren avoided the whole iussue of Dekes/Vezok apart from the initial claim. Who's scum Jenni? Your last few posts have been talking about nothing game related.
I realized that last night. I was up late working on a response to a game I had just replaced into, and was checking into this thread for fun. I saw Vezo make the claim, but it was reeeally late and I couldn't think of anything useful to say and just made random fangirl comments instead. (I also got sidetracked earlier in the thread when I thought Vezo might need a new Wiki source, which was intended to be useful; only one of those comments on P5 was superfluous to the thread, as the other comments were made to correct Vezo's misinformation.) I didn't have anything to say about the plans to encrypt role claims to catch Vezo because I pretty much agreed with Jason that there is no reliable way to prevent scum-tampering, and finally, I also wasn't too sure about the lyncher role, having not seen it before.

I first thought Vezo was suspicious because he thought Ethan was the kid with the dog. I had a fleeting idea that he was looking for Walt for some reason, which is why I asked why he revealed Dekes' identity if he wasn't sure Ethan was the villain. However, I couldn't figure out why Boone would need to find him. After Dekes' claim, I wasn't sure what to think; I believed him, but as I think Claire would be town, I also wondered if it was a safe fake claim. At the same time, I was still a little disbelieving at the "luck" Vezo had in snagging Ethan at the beginning of D1. The fact that Dekes was claiming Claire, who was Ethan's target, stood out to me (noted in post 94) I knew something was going on, but I couldn't put together the puzzle.

As to whether or not Claire could be scum, from what I've read about lynchers, their targets are usually town. Also, Claire is very pregnant in S1, which makes me want to believe she's town in the game, as even the
idea
of lynching a pregnant woman, scummy or not, is kind of creepy. Which, from what you guys say about Reck, may mean she IS scum, but that's a big glass of WIFOM and I don't want to drink from that cup just yet.

As for whom I suspect to be scum?

I don't like Longing's comment that Dekes was ignoring Vezo before he claimed (post 51), but that post is Dekes very first content post, and he quotes Vezo and says "What Farasera said," which was "No. We're not name claiming unless you can give me a reason to think we should. It's important is not good enough." I don't think that's ignoring. He responded to Vezo in his first post and said he was refusing to name claim. Longing says in post 77 that Dekes is ignoring Vezok, then Dekes rebuts him in post 93, and Longing comes back in post 131 and insists that yes, Dekes did ignore Vezok. That's fishy to me because obviously Dekes DID post a reponse to Vezo in his very first content post. I don't know how insisting otherwise can change the content of that post. He hasn't posted much more, but this insistence bothers me a lot.

I have some more to add, as there are a couple of things that have happened that stand out to me, but I have an appointment in a few minutes, so I have to cut it short for now.

(By the way, I will try to avoid fangirl comments in the future. I am just a super-fangirl, to the point I even took a special topics graduate seminar focused on LOST in which I got to roleplay Juliet and speak for her character during the semester. It was pretty awesome. This love of the show is why I signed up for the game, but I will try to tone it down, or to at least temper it with more useful comments.)

Preview Edit: Rolefishing? How?
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:48 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Just with the talk about characters really, it could be fan-girlish i suppose.
Faraseradayaphim
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Faraseradayaphim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Faraseradayaphim »

chesskid3 wrote:I'll help this wagon. UNVOTE:
VOTE: Jenniwren

Am I being passive, FaraSera? (serious question, this is only my 2nd game here, and I replaced out of my first (It's ongoing, so I won't talk about it, but there was this guy being a douchebag in it,and I wasn't having fun so)) Definitely not new to in-person mafia, but forum mafia is a bit interesting to get involved in.

Also, I added Jenni to my list of supects at around page 5, for the same reason you point out about extreme active lurking, only emerging to talk about lost.
However I never said it in thread, but I promise I'm not strawmanning.
nah, you're probably the least passive of the lot currently. You seem to be actively engaged in the events currently happening and, unlike some people, you seem to be scumhunting. Also, do you mean "bandwagoning" as opposed to strawmanning? Because strawmanning is when you distort a person's argument and argue against that distortion instead of the actual argument.
You bring her here. If you don't, I'm going to kill one of them. And then if you don't bring her back before sundown tomorrow I'll kill another, and another, another. One everyday. And Charlie, I'll kill you last

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”