zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:14 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

uh, people usually DO need to explain themselves to be accepted as correct.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Seventh Situation Report of Day One

[7]
Image Friend (Porochaz, zwetschenwasser, xvart, Lord Gurgi, vezokpiraka, inHimshallibe, TheLonging)
[2]
Image Furcolow (animorpherv1, gandalf5166)
[2]
Image Lord Gurgi (ooba, Friend)
[1]
Image dramonic (Andrius)
[1]
Image gandalf5166 (Me=Weird)
[1]
Image ReaperCharlie (Faraday)
[1]
Image Faraday (ReaperCharlie)
[1]
Image TheLonging (Erg0)

Holstered: Chronopie, dramonic, Furcolow, Yosarian2

With 20 alive, 11 drawn guns will be needed to execute someone.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:19 am

Post by TheLonging »

My Me=Weird wagon isn't getting off, and we're leaving gandalf as vig fodder. I believe that Friend is town = m=w is scum, or vice versa, just solely based on interactions with each other and all.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:19 am

Post by TheLonging »

HEY YOSARIAN2

WHERE ARE YOU
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:20 am

Post by TheLonging »

holster
aim: Me=Weird

Like I said, I believe in this wagon more.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:21 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Friend is scum. Can't you see that fara?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Faraday »

Don't be silly vezok.
zwetschenwasser wrote:uh, people usually DO need to explain themselves to be accepted as correct.
what's this related to? it's certainly not an explanation for why it's scummy, so I'm not sure what the point is.

Are you scum here zwet?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Porochaz »

Faraday wrote:TL is your scumdar really bad or are you scum here?

Someone's going to need to explain just why 389 is scummy, like in any way. (it's not, but I look forward to people trying to paint it as such)

The Friend wagon's incredibly bad, actually, unbelievable really. Idk why the fuck people can't see that Friend is town.
Because those that say he's town are only saying that and not giving reasoning behind it?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Porochaz »

Oh and it's not just those against the wagon, its some for it as well. You kinda have to explain your reasons you know. Going "X is town" "X is scum" or "I think X is scum/town" is useless to everyone else. Explain your opinions!
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Friend »

Well the thing is if I tried to explain it I'd be bad at it. It's heavily gut and not a whole lot of concrete evidence.

holster, aim: TheLonging

This, though, has some evidence - like I said earlier, the dichotomy (FRIEND VS. ME=WEIRD ZOMG) is total bullshit.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Faraday »

I see the case against him as being really weak. Saying 'X is town' isn't a scumtell. So I don't buy that. I'm not sure the other points against him, actually, or even if there is any.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Porochaz »

Did you read 388?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Friend »

The case against me is you disagreeing with me on what's scummy or not.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Faraday »

388 doesn't doa lot for me. I think it's pretty unfair to say he's provided no content, I think saying X is town or Y is scum is content. It's the main thing that matters really. IDK the whole thing seems to be you disagreeing with the way he plays.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Faraday »

Yosarian must be making a monster post, he's been viewing the forum the last while.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:49 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Basically I find myself agreeing with Faraday. Chaz's case against Freind is him saying Frind has provided no content. No content =/= Scum.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:52 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

All I'm seeing here is faraday doing some epic buddying to friend.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Man, this thread exploded. 16 pages now? Heh, I didn't even realize my first post was on page 5; I thought there was only 1 page to the thread when I made that post.

Ok, let me get caught up. :initiate massive catch up posts mode:

-Not really sure I like Serephem's attack on Vezo. Normally, role-based information that we're dealing with a cult would definatly be worth sharing early, because that changes the whole way the town has to scum hunt. Granted, in this game it's not really necessary, but I strongly dislike him voting Vezo because of that, and because he thinks "Vezo is impossible to read". It especally seems like an anti-town move on his part if Vezo was crumbing a non-vanillia role.
Fos:serephem

-Friend votes Sereph, for about the same reason I just gave.

-Erg0 votes Sereph, also for the same reason

-Inhim votes Erg0. Huh? I don't get this vote.

-Huh. Sereph asks to replace out, because his personal dislike for Vezo is making it hard for him to play properly. Ok, I'll buy that.
unfos:sereph
I don't think that's aynthing like a good reason to replace out, but I'm going to call his early vezo vote pretty null now.

-Zwet's attack on Furclaw makes sense to me. Not sure if I agree with it, but I can see where he's coming from. Gives me a town vibe on Zwet right now.
Furcolow wrote:Just drop the attitude. You are inhibiting me from having any sort of posting quality whatsoever.
hahah. Wow, that's an amazingly terrible excuse.
Furcolow wrote:ok. i'm going to step out for a second. i am town/townie, just trust me on this.
Lol. Man, this guy is entertaining.
Furcolow wrote:
holster

you all want me to claim yet?
You know, it would be hillarious if, before this game, Furclaw was told by his scum buddy "Hey, I've got an idea; how about you act like the most absurdly bad VI ever, then no one will think you're scum".

I don't actually think that happened, of course, but this whole series of posts is just absurd.

Oh, on a side note, Erg0's reaction to Furcolow also looks town in post 103 (unless Furcolow flips scum, of course).

-Chronopie makes a rather contentless bandwagon-join-vote on the furcolow wagon, post #118. It's not a big tell, but I kind of have a bad vibe about this post, combined with the fact that I don't think he's done anything else this game.

-Furcolow claims to be an unspecified "power role" even though he's still nowhere near a lynch. Ugh. So bad, in so many ways.
TheLonging wrote:
I'd rather we look for the brothers first so we don't have to deal with finding the recruits later. Also lynching plausible recruits are dumb. That's not actual hunting for scum (I just realize you probably meant look for people who are already recruited to lynch. Still dumb, as that's not fixing the roof leak, but rather, putting a few band-aids on it and calling it a night until the next morning when the mafia will just take those band-aids off).
That is what I was asking. If the brothers work like cult recruiter(s), and no one else is going to be recruited if they get lynched, then we need to find and lynch them first, yes; in fact, I said that in the very post you just quoted. Not all cults work like that though, and since Vezo was claiming to have inside knowledge about how the cult works, I thought I would ask.

Of course, that was when i hadn't seen pages 2-5 of the thread and had missed all the other drama; I probably wouldn't have even bothered to make that post if I'd seen that.
Furcolow wrote:So if I'm a townie, I should say I'm a power role, and if I'm a power role, I should say I'm a townie
(slaps forehead)

No.

If you're pro-town, you should never lie.

Also, if you're a townie, you should almost never claim. If you're a power role, you should almost never claim unless you're about to get lynched and you think a claim might stop that, or if you have information you think will really help the town. Also, claiming on day 1 is almost always a terrible play, unless you absolutly have to because you're about to get lynched.
Furcolow wrote: I don't need to "get better", players like you need to get on my level
Um, Porochaz is a pretty good player. Just based on all your posts this game, you are not. We don't need anyone else to "get on your level", trust me on this.
Furcolow wrote:
Furcolow wrote:I am a power role
stop voting me please
this one?
Furcolow wrote:
Furcolow wrote:So if I'm a townie, I should say I'm a power role, and if I'm a power role, I should say I'm a townie
or this one?
You know, up until these two posts, i was on the "Furcolow is a VI who's probably town" side of the fence. These two posts, though, where he's basically combining "don't vote for me, I'm a power role" scare tactics with "I'm probably lying, so I get to claim whatever I want later" BS scummy WIFOM stuff is really making me suspect him, and tempting me to at least wagon him to force a real claim instead of all this scummy-as-hell-BS.

And...then he claims vanilla townie in post 186, after getting a wagon off of himself by claiming power role. Urge to lynch...rising...
Furcolow wrote:I'd prefer to lynch a lurker than a liar if the liar is lying like I'm lying
Urge to lynch, rising...

Whew, ok. I've now read up to the end of page 8. Going to continue in my next post.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Friend »

So I was thinking, if there was N0 recruiting, is it too WIFOM-y to suggest that scum would recruit a better/more well-known player like Yos2 or LG or Prozac?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:01 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

THAT'S ONLY TO PAGE 8?!?!?!?!?

Geez, we are all in for a massive post.....

@Friend:

It makes sense, if scum canc recruit. If so, then it's something like farside's Zombie mafia. I'll try pulling up the link for you guys.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:02 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Porochaz »

Faraday wrote:388 doesn't doa lot for me. I think it's pretty unfair to say he's provided no content, I think saying X is town or Y is scum is content. It's the main thing that matters really. IDK the whole thing seems to be you disagreeing with the way he plays.
No its not. Saying whos scum and town is useless posturing. It doesn't give the town anything, at the very least its a very anti-town way to play. Giving reasons is what pushes the town forward and separates us from other sites where lynches start being random. Making cases, working out who is scum and town by analysis helps us work out who to vote and should influence who we should vote or not vote. By cutting that out we are no longer playing a game of skill and we start playing a game of luck.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:08 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Porochaz wrote:
Faraday wrote:388 doesn't doa lot for me. I think it's pretty unfair to say he's provided no content, I think saying X is town or Y is scum is content. It's the main thing that matters really. IDK the whole thing seems to be you disagreeing with the way he plays.
No its not. Saying whos scum and town is useless posturing. It doesn't give the town anything, at the very least its a very anti-town way to play. Giving reasons is what pushes the town forward and separates us from other sites where lynches start being random. Making cases, working out who is scum and town by analysis helps us work out who to vote and should influence who we should vote or not vote. By cutting that out we are no longer playing a game of skill and we start playing a game of luck.

Tell that to DGB......

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Friend »

Porochaz wrote:
See this is just pure playstyle disagreement and probably belongs in MD. Your idea of anti-town =/= scummy.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Porochaz »

Thats the anti-town explanation, the fact that you are so sure yet you give no basis for it, suggests that you have no reasons your just trying to make sure your directing the town and give the illusion of activity, its essentially a king of active lurking. Your posting, your making statements but your not playing the game properly.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”