NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Wicked's deduction that there is a SK doesn't sit well with me.

Why the hell is Wraith self-voting?
green shirt thursdays
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Porochaz »

Because he thinks being a suicidal townie is good for the town.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Wraith »

Hmmm. I honestly expected more.
Unvote

IGMEOY, Mysterio.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Kise »

It's fair to say singsign wasn't coaching David.... still a bit leery of her, but
nhammen wrote:
Kise wrote:
Kise wrote:
Vote: Hip-Hop
Woops, wrong thread!
Unvote
^_^
So, then would be a pretty nice random vote. And yet... you unvote. Why? And this vote was starting a bandwagon. So really, why the unvote? Worried about where that wagon would go?
Do I still need to answer this guy's question? :lol: (much OOG respect though, nhammen)
xRECKONERx wrote:Wicked's deduction that there is a SK doesn't sit well with me.
He doesn't stand well with me neither. He's got that same self-assured attitude he had in our last New York game where he was scum (remember that one, SK-Reck?). I'd like to see him flip. I'm a bit sleepy at the moment, so, maybe sometime soon I can actually iso him and see how I feel about his posts thus far. I'm off work in 2 more days.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Kise »

EBWOP because I have a short attention span:

It's fair to say singsign wasn't coaching David.... still a bit leery of her, BUT the coaching thing was the only/major reason I suspected her. I'll have to iso her [too, along with Wicked].
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by danakillsu »

So, any reason I still haven't received suggestions for tonight's investigation? And I don't want anyone to give just one suggestion, because scum would know who I was going to pick that way.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Porochaz »

danakillsu wrote:So, any reason I still haven't received suggestions for tonight's investigation? And I don't want anyone to give just one suggestion, because scum would know who I was going to pick that way.
There is no point.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Robbnva »

danakillsu wrote:So, any reason I still haven't received suggestions for tonight's investigation? And I don't want anyone to give just one suggestion, because scum would know who I was going to pick that way.
Does cop usually ask before they investigate? I never heard that before

I usually investigate the people I find scummy or who others have found scummy in the thread
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I say no suggestions for dana.

Not only does it give potential mafia roles (framer, redirector) extra info, but it also allows you an easy way out of making your own decisions on the off chance this is a fake claim (I don't doubt that you are real right now, but you can never be too careful.)
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Robbnva wrote:BUT right before DP claimed it was posted he fake claims often even when he is town, plus later he changed to say he breadcrummed Doc
That was Frank, not DP. DP was claiming cop until the end of the day. Therefore, Dana was right in investigating him.

@@.@: Simply put, your case on bunny has nothing to do with bunny being scummy. I honestly cannot see an experienced player acting like bunny does as town OR scum, and if you look at bunny as a newbie your case on him can EASILY be attributed to ignorance. Wraith, on the other hand, just pulled the self-vote to see who votes me then OMGUS trick. Classic scum play, in addition to past infractions.

Flinter, are you honestly suggesting we lynch one of the more experienced players solely on the fact that they're an experienced player? Protip: Experienced townies are usually a lot better than newbies. Sure, experienced scum are often a lot better than newbie scum, but the odds are that there's going to be a lot more experienced town than experienced scum, and experienced town can catch experienced scum. Lynching based on experience is a, to be honest, shitty way of narrowing down who to lynch. Especially early game.

Also: 713- possible Bunny-Flinter connection. Noted for later.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by danakillsu »

many cops I have seen ask for suggestions. If you want me to go with my reads, that's fine, I'll be more than happy to do so.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I'm not sure which would be worse- the usually terrible plan of directing the cop, or trusting your reads.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:09 pm

Post by hiphop »

xRECKONERx wrote:Wicked's deduction that there is a SK doesn't sit well with me.
Explain

To me it is the only thing that makes sense. Even i thought he was more likely town then scum, and i should have been the one that was bias being he was voting for me. An Sk is the only logical truth to that. So what is wrong with his deduction?

Curious to note, that shanba and poro have switched places. I don't understand how shanba could be so sure yesterday i was scum, yet today he switches without a word.
danakillsu wrote:many cops I have seen ask for suggestions.
Then many cops you have seen are stupid. How does "suggestions" help the town in anyway whatsoever? I will let you take one guess how scum get helped by it. Look at yesterday, wasn't there someone that said doc protect dana instead of Dp? Guess which claimed cop scum are going to kill? Use your head.
Gorrad wrote:I'm not sure which would be worse- the usually terrible plan of directing the cop, or trusting your reads.
:lol:

I don't think wraith is the lynch today. i have someone in mind, but it is too late for me to gather all the info, so I will have this case tomorrow.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@hiphop: Something about how he just goes herp derp there must be an SK because nhammen was townish seems very odd. Plus, I'm not sure why setup speculation is helpful. It just feels too forced to be truly pro-town.
green shirt thursdays
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by hiphop »

xRECKONERx wrote:@hiphop: Something about how he just goes herp derp there must be an SK because nhammen was townish seems very odd. Plus, I'm not sure why setup speculation is helpful. It just feels too forced to be truly pro-town.
Was nham town to you?

True set-up speculation is unhelpful, but if a vig comes out and says he made that killed, I will personally vote for him.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by flinter »

Gorrad wrote:Flinter, are you honestly suggesting we lynch one of the more experienced players solely on the fact that they're an experienced player? Protip: Experienced townies are usually a lot better than newbies. Sure, experienced scum are often a lot better than newbie scum, but the odds are that there's going to be a lot more experienced town than experienced scum, and experienced town can catch experienced scum. Lynching based on experience is a, to be honest, shitty way of narrowing down who to lynch. Especially early game.
Lol, no. Dana asked who she should investigate, those were my answers. If you catch experienced scum that way, you've lost a big problem. If you confirm experienced town that way, the positive effect is much bigger then that you would have confirmed an unexperienced player.
please, don't kill me.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by singersigner »

hiphop wrote:i have someone in mind, but it is too late for me to gather all the info, so I will have this case tomorrow.
Why is it too late?
danakillsu wrote:many cops I have seen ask for suggestions. If you want me to go with my reads, that's fine, I'll be more than happy to do so.
The latter. At this point, since you're still alive, and there's not much of a way to prove your claim false, fishing for ideas is starting to sound like you're looking for who we think is scum, for you and your 'scum-buddies' to use to your advantage. I'd rather you just play the game you would as if you'd never outed yourself. That way you're allowing town to still scum hunt in their own way without relying on you, you know?

I hope that made sense...
In other words:
robbnva wrote:I usually investigate the people I find scummy or who others have found scummy in the thread
Also, I may just be naive here, but why is Wicked's assessment of there being a SK so sketchy? It's either that or a second faction of mafia, right?
flinter wrote:These are either players that aren't noticed a lot, or players that seem to be quite experienced and probably are aware of the things to come, rather then that they are playing a short-term game. Mostly the less aggressive players. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few scum there.
I definitely agree with your assessment of why those people might look scummy. But I think that I would have to look over each of their isos to see if I really agree with all of those players really being that "scummy" enough to group them all together for the same reason. I guarantee they're not all posting that similarly.

Has anyone looked at nhammen's interactions with anyone else?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by singersigner »

To follow up on that, when I looked back at nhammen's posts, they were pretty hefty, potentially fluffy in some cases, but I don't think so for the most part. My theory is that he seemed so pro-town active scum hunter, that there might be a second mafia faction that found this threatening in case he was really town...and just got lucky that he was mafia. My suspicions are now in who nhammen pointed out in his WoT, and who he really focused on...verses who he didn't focus on. If there are two scum factions, we really have to be careful, since both will be actively scum-hunting for the other, right?

When I can keep my eyes open more consistently, my plan is to look into nhammen's interactions more, and try to do a little VA from it and see where that gets me. For now, sleeeeep.

Side note...what the heck does IGMEOY mean? :? I've seen it several times here, and it's not on the wiki, so I'm forced to play my naive hand once again...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by Xite91 »

On post 768. Had to deal with a break-in so I'm really scatter-brained right now. I'll be back to normal playing tomorrow hopefully.
@.@ wrote: a)Fence sitting

2)AtE

3)I agree, but I find others to be scummier at this moment
Also, the way you said "how about me" seemed like "oh luwk gaiz i iz scumhuntin"
That's probably part of the reason it was ignored.
danakillsu wrote:I don't see how I was speculating on setup at all. I was leaving all the options completely open. I didn't say there was an SK or other mafia faction, just that if there was one of those, it would fit the facts almost as well as a vig. And I said "presumably" if you didn't notice. Your attacks of me are pretty weird, and I think you should take a pointer or two from singersigner (btw get her name right) who can see that I did exactly what a cop would do N1.
Why was this ignored?

@.@ wrote:I can respect that you don't want to go after me right now, and really that's not what I'd like you to do. If you want me to vote for wraith, which I am not opposed to, I have to read the case against him, and read him in isolation first, it would be helpful to know what about my case you disagree with, as I do think that bunnylover is fairly scummy.

I am not interested in getting into a pissing contest with you, I just want to know what parts of my arguments against bunnylover you find invalid, and either scrap the case if you are right, or convince you, if I think you're wrong. I think just focusing on one player on day 2 of a large is a pretty piss poor mindset.

Same for this first paragraph.

Also, to whoever keeps quoting without putting a name in the quote tags. Stop that. It's annoying trying to figure out who said it. Stop being so goddam lazy asshole.
K, night guys, I'll finish later
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Robbnva »

Sorry to hear about a break in X, hope all is ok

@mod, can we get a vote count ?

@everyone else, this weekend and week have been crazy, haven't had much CPU time between school and kids sports

I promise I'll get caught up today or tomorrow

can someone just give me the reason so many people going after wraith? I feel I have missed something
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount 2.3

Wraith [5] (Xite, ConfidAnon, danakillsu, Gorrad, Mysterio)

Bunnylover [3] (Flinter, @.@, Benmage)
Hiphop [1] (Prozac)
UltimaAvalon [1] (UltimaAvalon)
dana [1] (Reck)
Orochi [1] (Robbnva)
Mysterio [1] (Shanba)

Not Voting [7] (Hiphop, Kise, Wickedestjr, Singersigner, Orochi, Sebguer, Bunnylover)

With 21 alive it will take 11 for a lynch and 11 for a no lynch.

In other news, no bites for replacing Orochi and Sebguer as of right now. Gonna go bump the signup thread and my replacement thread post. Tell your friends to replace, tell your enemies too.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Robbnva »

Well he is inactive so
unvote
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:17 am

Post by danakillsu »

I am a male and don't forget it. A gun as an avatar and "Male" under my gender should clear this up, but....
I definitely think more people should be voting for Wraith. I don't see how anyone could not see him as at least a little scummy. And
@mod
My only go-to guy for replacements is ReaperCharlie, who I heard is taking a hiatus. :(
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Robbnva »

Meh at Reaper Charlie
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Xite91 »

Mysterio wrote:Wraith sounds like a good lynch for today. His play has been everything other than pro-town, so he's most likely to be scum than anyone else at this point.

Vote: Wraith

@Shanba, do you mind actually making a case for your random vote? How was my reasoning strange? And how did I not contribute?

As for dana, his investigation choice makes perfect sense to me. Bunnylover's post was apparently based on a misunderstanding (he didn't know Parker claimed cop), so I'll give him a pass for now. Although I'm not sure how you managed to miss that.
Hey myst? What happened to that awesome scumhunting I saw before? Why are you staying so far under the radar this game?
Flint gave you some, but honestly, I think you should give us a list (half pro-town to you, half anti-town to you don't say which are which) that you think you should investigate. Then we will nitpick at it ;)
hiphop wrote:
Explain

To me it is the only thing that makes sense. Even i thought he was more likely town then scum, and i should have been the one that was bias being he was voting for me. An Sk is the only logical truth to that. So what is wrong with his deduction?

Curious to note, that shanba and poro have switched places. I don't understand how shanba could be so sure yesterday i was scum, yet today he switches without a word.
danakillsu wrote:many cops I have seen ask for suggestions.
Then many cops you have seen are stupid. How does "suggestions" help the town in anyway whatsoever? I will let you take one guess how scum get helped by it. Look at yesterday, wasn't there someone that said doc protect dana instead of Dp? Guess which claimed cop scum are going to kill? Use your head.
Gorrad wrote:I'm not sure which would be worse- the usually terrible plan of directing the cop, or trusting your reads.
:lol:

I don't think wraith is the lynch today. i have someone in mind, but it is too late for me to gather all the info, so I will have this case tomorrow.
There doesn't HAVE to be an SK. There doesn't not have to either. End of discussion. Next topic. Kthnx
I had a good idea you're scum yesterday. I attacked you for it. I still feel you're scum, but not the lynch for today. What do you say about that?
The "suggestions" help plenty, they show a bit of everyone's thoughts. But I do feel it better that he do it the way I said, that way there's less dilution of the thread.
First, you'd better say who it is. Then you'd better give a case. Then you'd better tell us why it's too late.

singersigner wrote:Side note...what the heck does IGMEOY mean? :? I've seen it several times here, and it's not on the wiki, so I'm forced to play my naive hand once again...
I've got my eye on you. It's pretty much an FoS but "less accusatory" He pulled a little WIFOM trick based on his "gambit" vote on himself (while he was already getting votes). This is just another reason he's scummy.

Robbnva wrote:Sorry to hear about a break in X, hope all is ok

@mod, can we get a vote count ?

@everyone else, this weekend and week have been crazy, haven't had much CPU time between school and kids sports

I promise I'll get caught up today or tomorrow

can someone just give me the reason so many people going after wraith? I feel I have missed something
Meh, I'll be fine. Nothing important stolen and no one hurt (we anticipated it, so we even caught the guy)

Isn't this like, the third time you've asked for a vote count?

Fair enough

Same as above

Wow, it's not hard, just ISO the guy.

danakillsu wrote:I am a male and don't forget it. A gun as an avatar and "Male" under my gender should clear this up, but....
I definitely think more people should be voting for Wraith. I don't see how anyone could not see him as at least a little scummy. And
@mod
My only go-to guy for replacements is ReaperCharlie, who I heard is taking a hiatus. :(
Hey, don't even start with the whole "guns are masculine" thing. I should lynch you just for that :P
I don't like this second line. Fluff much?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”