/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I agree with everything mith said regarding Seraphim in his most recent post.

Also, ISO'ed Vasude Va. He's town. Get the hell off him.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Elmo wrote:Kind of my point - shooting KMD or VV directly contradicts what I've previously said. I don't know why you'd lynch me if I shot Zoraster - I thought he was scummy, you didn't, so I must be mafia? Whatever.
Huh?
Why are you voting in that manner based on the events of Day 0 while you were basically completely uninterested in getting views and so on during it?

Hoopla, could you explain why the "lynch all claimed power roles" part of your plan was a good idea, or link to why? I don't think I ever saw an explanation, and I don't get it.

vote kmd4390
About the only thing I dislike is the lurking; I don't think it makes him scummy, but it does make me more willing to lynch him, if that makes sense.
This VasudeVa business doesn't look to be built on much, as far as I can see, although Amished's stance appears to suck. KMD is doing not a great deal, I could probably go with him dying still - mith, why did you think his behaviour was somewhat townish?
Hoopla>VasudeVa>>>zoraster I guess? I forgot we were this close to deadline when
wagoning zor, I don't particularly want to kill him
:V
That's what I based this all on: looks like I was the most wrong about DGB but that sure looks like rationales for shots on VV or KMD and most definitely a rationale to NOT shoot Zor.

Soooo, what? How would those shots have contradicted what you've previously said.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Elmo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:The jump to suspect you was because I picked up that KMD had rolebased info, so I rolled with it.
You knew exactly what kind of role-based info, though. He claimed "Elmo killed Amished". Given that you thought I was town previously, how does that translate to suddenly thinking I'm scum rather than a vig?

SpyreX: You've just quoted me saying that I don't buy into pretty much any of the case against VV. Shooting him largely contradicts that, or at least I would be getting flack for it.
You've also quoted me asking mith about KMD - If I remember right, I later agreed with him that KMD was townish. I could have shot him, but it would have contradicted something I'd said and I would still be getting flack for it in the same way.
With respect to zoraster, I'm shooting someone Night 1. I don't have a burning need to kill him in particular, but standards don't have to be particularly high - anyone who I don't think is town or interesting to keep alive will do. The fact that I'm willing to randomly wagon him should imply I'd be fine picking him, in my opinion. But yeah, I would still be getting flack for that too, though I disagree with it. Do you see a pattern yet? It's ridiculous. Anyway, this discussion is pretty much also a waste of electricity.

With respect to tonight, if I successfully hide my reads then I'll probably be blocked anyway. I dunno what to do about that.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:49 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Elmo wrote:Anyway, this discussion is pretty much also a waste of electricity.
If Elmo is scum, he will die N2 unless the scum get lucky with a RB/JK action. I cannot see any possible pro-town reason for Spyrex to continue to argue against Elmo. If he's right, then he's vig-fishing; if he's wrong, then he's accomplishing nothing.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:39 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Elmo wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:The jump to suspect you was because I picked up that KMD had rolebased info, so I rolled with it.
You knew exactly what kind of role-based info, though.
I knew he had SOME rolebased info that made him quite certain that you were scum. I didn't even bother trying to figure out what rolebased info, because it's a waste of my precious neurotransmitters. Compromising-rolebased-info = wagon ho! KMD needed wagon-support.
Elmo wrote: He claimed "Elmo killed Amished". Given that you thought I was town previously, how does that translate to suddenly thinking I'm scum rather than a vig?
KMD hinted you might be. That's good enough for me.

Then you explained your decision, and mith is right, there is no point lynching you.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:43 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

@ SpyreX

WHERE ARE THE MOONBEAMS???
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Seraphim »

SaintKerrigan wrote:I agree with everything mith said regarding Seraphim in his most recent post.

Also, ISO'ed Vasude Va. He's town. Get the hell off him.
Thank you so much for providing such detailed and insightful reasons that clearly and obviously prove VasudeVa as town and myself as scum. Yep, lemme tell you, you sure convinced me. I am in a right state.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

Seraph: is anyone besides VV scum?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Rhinox wrote:Seraph: is anyone besides VV scum?
Rhinox is.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

ekiM (2) -- Ellibereth, Rhinox
zoraster (1) -- Kmd4390
VasudeVa (3) -- Seraphim, ooba, SpyreX
ooba (2) -- Papa Zito, VasudeVa
DrippingGoofball (2) -- mith, ekiM
Seraphim (1) -- SaintKerrigan

Not voting: Everyone else
17 alive, 9 to lynch.

Deadline: 11th of September, 6 am GMT.
Hero wrote:@mod: could you update the first post regarding replacements? Thanks.)
I've put in SaintKerrigan, though My Milked Eek is expected back in a few days.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

Fffff we've ground to a halt.

My moonbeams have died under the blinding light of headdesk with elmo AND team VV defense squadron.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Ellibereth »

NOTE: VAS IS LURKING.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I'm totally betting that tajo was right on at least one guy btw.
FLASH OF GREEN
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:18 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Now look what you did, I have to post now. D:
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Ellibereth »

VasudeVa wrote:Now look what you did, I have to post now. D:
Hai. How are you?
And this:
VAS
Did you ever reply to tajo's stuff about your past town meta and this being all contradictory and stuff?
FLASH OF GREEN
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:22 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Papa Zito wrote:...

No.

Let's step through this. Look at the night results. What do they tell you?
I....don't understand. :| Because he thinks tajo is the scum kill? Amished is on his earlier scum list and tajo is in his neutral list?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:24 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Ellibereth wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:Now look what you did, I have to post now. D:
Hai. How are you?
And this:
VAS
Did you ever reply to tajo's stuff about your past town meta and
this being all contradictory and stuff?
I didn't reply. I don't understand the bolded part.

Do you want me to answer tajo's question?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Ive read the following games where you were town:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14272&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13633

I have no idea why you are refusing to post your playstyle in a paragraph. I know you can think, you were a feared townie in the Beatles game. You were very easy to read as town in Deathnote's game. This game, you are hoping wagons like crazy and providing really bad arguments to support your views.
^^^I meant this.
And whatever question you meant, sure!
FLASH OF GREEN
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:41 am

Post by VasudeVa »

First off, I don't understand what's so different about me here and in DeathNote's game (NY111). I was so lazy over there, refusing to post for weeks. In the Beatles game, everyone was worse than I am since it was so filled with VIs and scummy townies so it was easy to take the reigns and command town. Even if I was the one who made the losing LyLo vote to a Townie. Also, there were fewer players and fewer walls to read so it was a much better atmosphere for me there.

This game, I don't know. Everyone has either said what I think or doing so much better that I don't really feel the need to do much effort. Also, D0 dragging on coupled with that really long D1, was really bad for morale.

Again, I said this over and over: I was suspicious of him knowing my meta. I'm being very honest about that and while I now understand that it had bad reasoning, that's what I really thought at that time and I didn't really want to lie about that because I feared that I might be caught lying and be get lynched.

---

Now for Tajo's question(May he rest in Peace.): My meta can be summarized as this: I have a reactive play style that's slightly inconsistent. I sometimes play good(like Beatles Mafia as Town, despite the loss and Rainbow Unicorn through successful WIFOM.) but more often I'm D1 lynchbait. I tend to play better when I give effort...but that mostly boils down to how people react to me. If I'm being listened to/people take me seriously, then I play better. Otherwise, I give up and be lazy.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:34 am

Post by mith »

Mod:
Can we get a prod on Zorblag (and anyone else who hasn't posted recently... no time to check for myself right now)?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Patrick »

I sent him a PM asking if he wants me to replace him, since he already picked up a prod a day or two ago.

ekiM and zoraster have been prodded.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Plumegranate
Plumegranate
Goon
Plumegranate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Plumegranate »

Vote: VasudeVa

He's lurking, and not doing anything productive when he does post.

Rhinox isn't making any sense defending him.

Kmd is town.

And I don't know if Plum shares my opinion on any of this.

-Pom
This is a Plum + Pomegranate alt.
Plumegranate
Plumegranate
Goon
Plumegranate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Plumegranate »

EBWOP:

She doesn't especially. Pom, I'm going to sit you down on the bus to school tomorrow and talk about stuff like me having doubts on my previous VV read today, because we haven't had enough communication about this game since you came back. Suffice to say thatI am being persuaded partly against my will of something akin to a too-scummy-to-be-scum-argument, except it's more like too-attention-grabbing to be scum. It's one thing in a small game (where there's little leeway for policy/VI/annoying playstyle lynches/misvigs), but in a Large game like this - one where scum-VV would
know
there's a Vig who'd like as not be perfectly happy to shoot someone who plays like that Day 1, Day 2 - I do think we would be seeing something less provocative, less 'full of buzzwords' to paraphrase Rhinox. I have reservations about this, especially re: dearth of scumhunting as noted by Seraphim and ooba and all, but. Am questioning myself on a lot of things.
ekiM wrote:I joined the zoro wagon because... that's the one I liked best. I thought the slip could be good evidence and I thought the Hoopla and VV wagons were garbage. I didn't have any amazing revelations to start a new wagon a few days before deadline.

I reiterated the evidence later because mith asked people to explain why they liked which of the popular wagons. I moved to KMD because the zoraster wagon had died, and Hero seemed to think the KMD one might have some life if people started joining it.

Not seeing how any of this is scummy.
You argue eloquently. And your play since has been . . . more palatable? My scumread on some of your stuff may have been improperly exaggerated by my differing theory opinions.

We have a dearth of Zoro and Troll in this game. I'm trying to give Troll the benefit of the doubt because I don't recall seeing this from him before ever, Town or scum, but it's hard to update my read on him from 'a little tunnelly on Zito Day 1 (biased because I now have a confident Townread on Zito?)' without new stuff. Please SK I haven't got much read on yet, I have a mith Townread but I'm not sure if it'd be easy to get a scumread on him &c. This game is starting to wear on me.

UNVOTE: VV
VOTE: ooba

I'm going to sheep on Zito for a bit because he seems to have a clue and I certainly haven't been getting many warm fuzzy vibes from ooba in any case; he was another very questionable zoro-wagon hop yesterday. But. frustration. Lingers. Sorry for the schizo after Pom's post, but. Sister's don't always agree.
This is a Plum + Pomegranate alt.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Elmo »

Ellibereth wrote:I'm totally betting that tajo was right on at least one guy btw.
Well, his stated list was KMD, Amished, ekiM. Two are town; why aren't you taking a closer look at ekiM?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Huh?
I thought it was Vas, Amished, ekiM with a side of Plumen.

And I'm voting ekiM. >.>
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”