Mini 1009 ÔÇô Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Vote count Day 3
(8 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)

(3) Thief – Cuethlachtli, ZONEACE, Simenon
(1) ZONEACE – Thief
(1) Cuethlachtli – nopointinactingup
(1) Simenon - tumescence

Not voting: Blackberry, scotmany12

:right: Deadline Day 3 is September 15
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I got a prod - but I am drunker than before. I intend to post tomorrow when I am soberer. As I know in any game I posted drunk nobody took it as a great sign and I still have no idea what to make of my posting when I'm drunk because I can barely concentrate. So I'll wait till tomorrow. Sorry guys. Just responding from my prod. Although I do think this "evil genius" stuff is silly. No one is an evil genius. (WIFOM is BS - no one is an evil genious - Simeonios isn't mafia).
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Blackberry wrote:I got a prod - but I am drunk...

this applies to me.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:47 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Simenon wrote:This quote sets up a reason for scotmany to switch wagons without having to admit that Tazaro was scummier than mothrax.
Well, I didn't think Tazaro was scummier than mothrax. But Mothrax wasn't going to get lynched, and Tazaro was still scummy, especially with his actions during late day 2.

I'm in agreement with Sim about tumescence. I was suspicious about tum when he first voted for sim based on nothing, and he has still not built any case on Sim, which he stated he would do yesterday but still hasn't. He has no case, and in being antitown in voting for someone he has no read on rather than scumhunting. He simply comes in, votes Sim, and states he has a town read on everyone else. He has lurked and has been absent during critical moments during the game.

Vote: tumescence

He is providing very little content, voting without reasoning, and avoiding the large wagons, hardly commenting on them at all. For example, he was absent throughout the entire Tazaro wagon.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:55 am

Post by ZONEACE »

I don't have much to add. I like where my vote is. The twilight vote my thief was SUPER SCUMMY and wreaked of distancing from BB. So I think we should lynch Thief today, and if he flips scum BB tomorrow, QED, Town Win.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

I'll be back to respond to Cuet soon. Just want to add that I do think this is a 3 scum Set-up because of the Night Immunity voting skills that we have.
It seems no one is following my case against Cuet. So I'd
L-1 UNVOTE: VOTE: Thief so he would speak up.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Simenon »

nopointinactingup wrote:I'll be back to respond to Cuet soon. Just want to add that I do think this is a 3 scum Set-up because of the Night Immunity voting skills that we have.
The 2:10 ratio is usually considered unbalanced in favor of the scum, though.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:49 am

Post by tumescence »

scotmany wrote:[tumescence] is being antitown in voting for someone he has no read on rather than scumhunting.
People have different styles of scumhunting. I am good at finding towntells, and locating the mafia by process of elimination. You need to embrace a more open concept of scumhunting.
=============

Anyway, I've been busy, but I will explain more of my towntells on other players.

Blackberry:

As I've mentioned, he's towntelling all over the place. I iso'd him and found a random example:
Blackberry wrote: I feel the need to explain all my thoughts only because I do fear the possibility he *does* flip scum and then I would be instantly lynched next without question for not voting him and because of the silly POST #2 incident.
His thought process doesn't seem faked to me.

Cuetlachtli

Another random iso towntell:
Cuetlachtli wrote:You know, I was one of the only players to stick up for Moth yesterday. On Day 1, I had mentioned that I felt like there was a Moth / BB scum connection. It would have fit logically for scum-Cuet to jump on the Moth wagon and receive little scrutiny for it. Instead, I put in considerable efforts to defend Moth. Yes I know its WIFOM, but I think you all should take it into account when analyzing my posts.
I believe Cuet here.

nopointactingup/drmyshottyizsik

I've explained my read on him an earlier post, but something more specific:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Then he tries to distance himself from BB and starts talking about what would happen if BB was lynched.
I realllllly don't like this because you sound scared and paranoid and seem very nervous about getting lynched already,
also it seems like you knew BB was scum
and was trying to distance yourself so you wouldn't be lynched as well...
drmy seemed genuinely open to the possibility that BB is scum. Since I'm pretty sure that BB is town, even if there are 2 maf, drmy should be town.

ZONEACE
ZONEACE wrote:Also, the ridiculousness to suggest I was bussing Taz is mind boggling. PLEASE GO BACK AND ACTUALLY LOOK. At the time I switched votes there would have been no incentive for me to attempt bussing.
I laughed. But anyway, this strikes me as townie.

Thief

This one is tougher to explain. Look at these posts:
Thief wrote: [looking at the votes on mothrax] I think all we need is right here depending on mothrax's flip.
This struck me as townie, but I can't pinpoint why.
Oh wow looks like we lynched scum.

Blackberry care to explain why you were defending him just a few posts earlier?

Vote: Blackberry
The quick switch into attack mode after his surprise at lynching scum seems townish.
Also, in general, Thief's provocative attitude throughout the game seems more townie than scummy to me.
=======================

I'll provide an analysis on Simenon's contributions later, though that isn't really the thrust of my argument.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:50 am

Post by tumescence »

EDIT: in the Blackberry quote, Blackberry is talking about Mothrax.
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

Tumescence, what is your opinion on Sim ISO 5, 32, 34, and 35?
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:32 pm

@Cuet: No need for derision. I believe my case is sufficient and will also ignore you from now on. I hate to get involved in battling a scum that always manages to ruin my mood.
@Tum: Your analysis consists mostly of feelings rather than reason so it could easily be wrong. Moreover, from what I can tell, you just use PoE to pinpoint Sim as scum. Do you have direct reasons to think Sim is scum?
Justice will prevail
\m/
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Cuetlachtli »

@Nopoint: I agree to have a temporary cease-fire to our conversation.
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Thief »

I see I'm at L-1. My play is not great in any game and I find little motivation to change it. I usually survive until endgame and then lynch correctly, but if I'm needed dead before then for this game to progress so be it.

Just remember to use those handy VC analysis I bothered to type up. ZOENACE is still scum (based on my wagon as well).
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Thief wrote:
Just remember to use those handy VC analysis I bothered to type up. ZOENACE is still scum (based on my wagon as well).

Derp. Also, conceding is not protown play. Someone please hammer.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:44 am

Post by Simenon »

I don't want to lynch yet.
Theif: You've been called out for bandwagon hopping a few times, and I don't think you've denied that. Could you explain why?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:55 am

Post by Thief »

I before E, come on now. Don't tell me you went to a D.C. public school...

Anyway, games stall out if wagons are not formed, due to many differing opinions. Band wagoning can be useful for pressure, (since a single vote from me with my playstyle does not provide adequate pressure), and reactions. Such as scum complaining about my reasonless hopping, versus town reactions of being inquisitive to my reasoning.
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Simenon »

I am aware of the theory.
Vote: mothrax
high timed I joined this wagon.
^This implies that the wagon was more than an exercise. Yet, you prevented yourself from joining the wagon until then. Why?
The same applies for Cuet and Blackberry (second time).

Given that I've been called "Simeneon," "Simeon," and "Simone," in this game, I don't think anybody else is entitled to protest.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Let's lynch Thief, he sounds like a defeatist and defeatists are always scum in my book.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Ugh, that sucked. I just wrote something and accidentally pressed a button that sent me back a page and now I have to retype everything.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Thief wrote:Voting in twilight is scummy? Wow I'll need that one explained to me a few more times.

I thought it was pretty obvious I was voting as a form of content,
but I guess scum will latch on to anything these days
This strikes me as a scummish post. Your method of defending yourself is by calling those who attack you scum for their reasoning. Yet you aren't even voting for that person. Thus, you don't genuinely think that person is scum, you're just saying that to defend yourself.
Thief wrote:Just remember to use those handy VC analysis I bothered to type up. ZOENACE is still scum (based on my wagon as well).
This strikes me as town. HOWEVER, I think my ideas of how town and mafia act when they're about to get lynched is completely off. Last correct lynch a mafia acted how I thought town would. And in another game, a town acted how I thought mafia. So either my "how people post when they're about to get lynched" is very off, or it's very specific to an individual's personality and I should just ignore it.

------

Also, I think I am probably one of the few people that still thinks there's only two mafia? People haven't really speculated on there being three mafia until today (AFTER a mafia member got lynched). If there was one mafia left, he or she would want people to think there are three left, so that people are looking for a pair of players that seem like they could be mafia together. Just throwing that out there.

I think the remaining scum is one of: Cuet, Zoneace, Thief. Thief, however, is at the bottom of my list. And although I wouldn't mind seeing him lynched, I feel stronger that one of the other two is scum.

------

ZONEACE: Triple posting is something I do as town. However, his repetitive asserstion of "but I'm not mafia" is something I've seen a mafia member do.

Also, you make a comment that a vote on me looks like bussing on Thief's part. Would you percieve that Tazaro's vote on you could be seen as bussing?

------

So rewriting this post, I've changed my mind for a third time. Fun fact: I almost put a hammar on Tazaro last time because I was lazy and didn't want to read everything (I usually get on right before I go to bed, and I felt like I could finally get to sleep once I finished this one last thing), however, after I had typed up my post I felt freedom and didn't feel the stress to hurry it up and go to bed so I actually read through things and changed my mind about voting Tazaro.

Once again, tonight, I was about to vote Thief. Then I felt relieved again and decided to read through stuff. Then I remembered I did this last time (almost cast a hammar, and didn't, but then that person was mafia). So I then changed my mind again tonight and was about to cast a vote for Thief. Then I pressed something and went back a page. And having to rewrite a lot of this I changed my mind again...

LOL.

And I was just about to cast my vote for someone else. But I keep thinking of things that counter it. I think Zoneace could be scum, but him asking for a hammar on Thief sounds like town. Although I know Zoneace's reason for voting Thief because he thinks he is distancing from me, I know is incorrect, thought this doesn't mean Zoneace could be right or wrong about Thief still being mafia. And I keep coming back to Cuet.

------

After reading more, I think I've changed my mind way too many times. So many thoughts running through my head: scot was quick to hammar (bus?) Tazaro, yet hasn't hammared Thief, or maybe he hasn't been on in the past two days. nopoint wanting to lyncht Thief looks off to me. After reading Thief some more, he does indeed look like a "defeatist". Although last game I lynched someone that looked like this they turned up town (I think I wrote this at the beginning of this, or I did in my original and didn't rewrite it).

I'm going to see how Thief has acted in the past when he was scum and about to be lynched. Brb? I feel so confused this game. Maybe I am having a mental breakdown on mafiascum that reflects my real life. <3
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Blackberry »

VOTE: Cuet

I've finally found something that will make me satisfied with my vote. The only other time Cuet has used the Rolling-Eye face icon was when he was scum.

(The rolling-eye thing always makes me think scum anyways, considering when I play in person, my one friend who is usually really good, after we played awhile, I noticed he always rolled his eyes when he was accused
when he was mafia
...)

----

Also: Thief I've looked up. All his past games he was town, but in two he made a simular comment to his "I didn't play well" in other games where he admits he doesn't read 100% or play his best. He also seems to have the same confidence and attitude in this game and in those (though I feel he is more confident in the other games).
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I encourage everyone else to vote Cuet, or atleast examine him for yourself. Once again, look back at his bus of Tazaro. His post in his vote was COMPLETELY different than ANYTHING else he's done all game. Why?

Also, his method of defending himself (his posts yesterday) looks almost childish. For the most part of the game he has been calm and collective and organized (/professionalish), why break that down when you're being accused?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Blackberry wrote:

Also, you make a comment that a vote on me looks like bussing on Thief's part. Would you percieve that Tazaro's vote on you could be seen as bussing?

What I said was that his vote IN TWILIGHT rang false and of distancing because it was a free vote that had ZERO power or legitimacy because it was twilight and we already had hammed someone (taz) who admitted we caught scum. There was NO reason for Thief to make his vote except to distance himself from you. Taz's vote on me came before twilight so its a completely different situation and not comparable at all, though its an admirable attempt to deflect toward me, but it won't work.

Also, people didn't just start speculating about 3 mafia today, I clearly brought it up yesterday in twilight after thief tried to distance from you. I'd have to go back and check, but I doubt that was the first time the possibility of 3 mafia came up. especially with the Popularity aspect of this game, which would give the town a bit of an advantage, a third mafia for balance is perfectly reasonable.

Now for a bit of WIFOM.

Some may wonder why BB wouldn't just hammer in this situation. It's pretty clear scum BB's only hope of surviving at this point is if thief lives as well because the connection has been made between the two with Thief's obvious distancing vote in twilight, so hammering thief now and having him flip scum dooms BB to a quick, game winning lynch for the town tomorrow.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:11 pm

@Blackberry: The last time I gave leeway to a defeatist, he was scum and turned around and killed us all. So can you provide link on meta? Your argument against Cuet is similar to mine but somehow people are still buying Cuet's bs. Prepare to get run over by Cuet btw. LOL.

At this point, I find both Cuet and Thief super scummy, so I'm fine with lynching either of them.
Justice will prevail
\m/
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:42 am

Post by tumescence »

NOONE HAMMER THIEF, PLEASE. We still have a fortnight left before the deadline. I'll be back in a couple of hours.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”