xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:12 am

Post by xvart »

Okay then. I think that the scum is stuck and possibly killed charter to undermine Humble (since the lyncher thing was pseudo clearing him). I think he was also the most obvious target that wasn't likely at all to draw a night protection no matter what. I think scum likely left me alive again to try and undermine me, or they were worried that I would self protect. I think Oso is confirmed town due to vezok watcher, I'm still the doctor, I still think I saved Humble N1 so he is semi confirmed. I still think that q21 or SSBF is the likely last scum, and if Oso tracked one of them we will have it pegged down (this is also why if Humble was the remaining scum I don't see him killing charter). The only problem is going to be if Oso went with his gut and tracked me to himself last night.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:02 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

I'm glad someone beside me has been thinking about options. As xvart says, if tracker got scum that's that. He got them. Period. There's no use helping scum know who to attack based on who was targeted by Oso if he didn't.

Don't worry, I've written what I think about possible tracks, kills, etc.

Oso somehow knows what I've been thinking as I've posted a bit on our chat but I don't want to let q21 lurk while I carry the speaking torch.

I want HIS opinions specifically. It would be cool to have SSBF's opinions whenever he can too.

Also, R.I.P. for poor Charter. Thanks for replacing in, man! Sorry for thinking you might be a lyncher! :P

@xvart: Lyncher pseudo clearing me? (puzzled look on my face). I thought scum was more likely to use a lyncher to their benefit. I think the only one who mentioned I was town-ish because of charter-lyncher was vezok (and look at his flip)

Dude... Self protection of doctors is extremely unlikely. Why would you not self-protect always if you're sure of your alingment? I don't think that's a valid consideration.
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Oso »

I'd go ahead and wait to get everyone's thoughts if I didn't have a result.

VOTE: Super Smash Bros. Fan

I tracked him to Charter last night so no real need to wait on his opinion unless you guys just want to hear from him.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:26 am

Post by q21 »

Vote SSBF

Someone go find a hammer.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:43 am

Post by xvart »

Humble Poirot wrote:Also, R.I.P. for poor Charter. Thanks for replacing in, man! Sorry for thinking you might be a lyncher! :P
Yes, thanks charter. You replaced into a terrible spot. Sorry I didn't pay more attention to you.
Humble Poirot wrote:@xvart: Lyncher pseudo clearing me? (puzzled look on my face). I thought scum was more likely to use a lyncher to their benefit. I think the only one who mentioned I was town-ish because of charter-lyncher was vezok (and look at his flip)
What I meant was if you were the lyncher target than as a lynchee you were pseudo cleared because in most mini games a lyncher target would be town.

I can't self protect, but I kept throwing it in there in hopes someone (hopefully scum) would question it. I was going to say something about I had the ability to self protect once, but I basically was just using it to WIFOM the scum during night in hopes of staying alive and further shortening their potential target list.

Last night I actually submitted no action first, because I didn't think scum would target Oso (especially since they didn't target him last night after I sort of declared I would protect him) and I didn't want to interfere with the scum no killing or me protecting; so if I didn't protect anyone I could and there was no kill I could say with complete confidence that the scum no killed. But then I freaked out and figured that losing Oso would be too much of a detriment so I sent a last minute save on him.

Vote: SSBF

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Looks like I've been lynched. Might as well bow out and admit that I'm scum now since I have no other scum partners in the game. Still, this has been a pretty enjoyable game for me and I do commend how town manage to come off out of a bad position.

More thoughts later when I get the time (I have a lot of homework to catch up on and some studying to do, so don't be surprised if final thoughts on the game from me doesn't come until tomorrow).
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Oso »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Looks like I've been lynched. Might as well bow out and admit that I'm scum now since I have no other scum partners in the game. Still, this has been a pretty enjoyable game for me and I do commend how town manage to come off out of a bad position.

More thoughts later when I get the time (I have a lot of homework to catch up on and some studying to do, so don't be surprised if final thoughts on the game from me doesn't come until tomorrow).
That's a relief :P

Log it off to rampant paranoia but when xvart mentioned MyLo/LyLo with one scum down, I couldn't shake the feeling that there were actually 4 scum in this game. No way to back it up though.

Town JK/Cop/Tracker/Watcher up against 2 RBs, a Goon plus an Investigation Immune Godfather. Which was why I was fully relieved to see vezo flip scum. Up until totallynotmafia posted vezo's alignment, I had thought there was a better than average chance we had just lost.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:51 am

Post by xvart »

Oso wrote:Log it off to rampant paranoia but when xvart mentioned MyLo/LyLo with one scum down, I couldn't shake the feeling that there were actually 4 scum in this game. No way to back it up though.
Haha. The second after I hammered I couldn't help but regret it, also thinking that maybe there were four scum since the town had so much power. The whole three town mason group was really kicking me, so then I started thinking that maybe Oso was scum tracker and vezok was (obviously) scum watcher, and those two roles were supposed to balance out the doctor movement. I started thinking that Oso was trying to pull a fasts one and get the wrong person lynched (if there were four scum) which would hand them the win.

I had a lot of fun with this game. More comments to come!

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Oso »

xvart wrote:..
Haha. The second after I hammered I couldn't help but regret it, also thinking that maybe there were four scum since the town had so much power. The whole three town mason group was really kicking me, so then I started thinking that maybe Oso was scum tracker and vezok was (obviously) scum watcher, and those two roles were supposed to balance out the doctor movement. I started thinking that Oso was trying to pull a fasts one and get the wrong person lynched (if there were four scum) which would hand them the win.
It was fun for the most part (there was a period on D2 when I was about ready to cash it in though). As to the three Town Neighbors, no way in hell it would have ever functioned as a mason group. Too much distrust for too long. Being unconfirmed basically just gave three people the chance to play the day part of the game at night.

The mechanic that tnm used of having all three of the neighbors be town could have helped scum if 2 of the 3 had of been NKed early or lynched/Nked early. The third neighbor still alive might have been auto-scummed by the rest of the town players esp. if it had been HP who remained alive. 2 Town PRs and a VT? How many people would have bought that one :)
-
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Vote count 5.1

Oso (0)
Humble Poirot (0)
q21 (0)
xvart (0)
Super Smash Bros. Fan (3) Oso, q21, xvart

Not voting: Humble Poirot, Super Smash Bros. Fan

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

Deadline is September 16th, 1:30 PM (GMT + 10:00).

A lynch has been decided on Super Smash Bros. Fan
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

You scumbags, you absolute scumbags. Sending somebody to their death so quickly like that. This was the day I was supposed to sleep in and now I've got to get up already??? You scumbags. Lucky for you guys I'm starting to enjoy ruthlessly murdering people in cruel and unusual ways, otherwise there'd be hell to pay.

So, on with the lynch, on Super Smash Bros. Fan it seems. I was starting to run out of interesting ways to kill you guys so I decided to turn to books for ideas, and I started with the most violent-ridden book I could find: The Bible. I think for this lynch we'll go with the good old fashioned crucifixion, Jesus style.

That's right, this game
just got BIBLICAL.

Besides, now I finally have a use for this giant novelty cross.

*nails SSBF to cross*

And now we wait.

Aww, this is taking too long, let's just set it on fire.
*FWOOSH*
There, that should speed things up. Hmm....I'm not sure if it's the emotion of the scene, or the fetid stench of burning flesh that's making my eyes water, but I must say, after this long journey of just over half a week, what I've learnt most of all is that prejudice doesn't pay. I think out of respect for the dead, for those who have fallen, we should dress up in these ghost costumes to honour them. The hoods are a bit pointy, but you get the idea.

Okay, well it looks like SSBF is nothing but ash now, which is great because it saves us having to pay for the cremation. Let's take a look in his suitcase, it may contain details about where he would like his ashes scattered.

Hmm....what's this...it's a birth certifcate...for...for...
me!!!

DUN DUN
DUNNNNN!!!!!!!!![/b]

Whoever's making that dun dun dun noise can you cut it out?!? I'm trying to read here! What the hell was SSBF doing with
my
birth certificate??? Wait a minute...there's a section here that's higlighted:

Godfather: Super Smash Bros. Fan.

Oh...so SSBF was my godfather...kinda wish I hadn't burnt him to a crisp now. Oh well, shit happens.

But wait, now I can finally find out who my parents are after all these years!!!

Father: vezokpiraka

So my father was a filthy perv. Oh well, could have been worse.

Mother: Sotty7

Wait...Sotty was my mother???? But we...and those tapes....oh god, I'm gonna need therapy.

Super Smash Bros. Fan, Mafia Godfather, was lynched Day 5

Well, that's it, you've gotten rid of all the mafia (and my remaining family members).

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?????

I'm serious, I really care for your welfare and hope you guys are happy. I didn't mean for it to sound sarcastic or anything, I guess it was the all caps, bold and massive font that did it, huh?

Town win!!!!

C
O
N
G
R
A
D
U
L
A
T
I
O
N
S
!
!
!

Also, bad luck scum.

C
O
M
M
I
S
E
R
A
T
I
O
N
S
!
!
!

Thanks guys for making this an enjoyable first experience modding for me, on the whole participation was great and it proved a fun and interesting read. Obviously there were major balance issues, I'll talk about that and the setup in a bit, as well as post all the role PMs and night actions.

Thanks again guys.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by xvart »

Good game, everyone. I hope quadz comes back so I can apologize for rallying everyone to his lynch. My only explanation, and Humble hit it pretty much on the head here. I had nailed scum on D1 in the last three games I had played, and my read on quadz was stronger than any of those reads; which is why I was so vehement about it.

Scum and Masons - will you share your QT?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Humble Poirot »

Cheers, town fellas! Phobias are no more. :cool:

I'll come in a bit and post some comments but I have some stuff to do first.

In the meantime, here's the Neighbor QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/bh5Wh5nBKNwGy

You'll notice I didn't make an excessive use of it.

Someone should pm all the players that participated at one point or another to see what they think. I always find that fun.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by diddin »

Congratulations everybody! A well played game by both sides. And now I am gonna present awards.

Town MVP: Oso
- Fantastic use of tracker play and excellent scumhunting as well. Honorable mention: Humble Poirot, for being very outwardly town the whole game.

Scum MVP: Sotty7
- Sotty played a very very good scum game and would probably not have been lynched. Honorable mention goes to SSBF who would have probably lasted another day had Oso not gotten lucky.

Opinions on my play in this game? Personally I did to the occasional stupid thing, but my scumdar was actually very accurate. I called SSBF as scum D1, and quadz was the only one smart enough to listen :cry:
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by charter »

Good work town. Was the cop naive? If not, this was ridiculously in favor of the town, it'd have been amazing if scum pulled a win here. I think you did good, but with like five town power roles...
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@xvart: Here's our Mafia Quick Topic: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/4YHtKiHBhjpRc

Decent amount of activity and I feel that I learn a few things from it. The most important thing is this; never lurk under pressure regardless of alignment. This has gotten me killed in a few games and I hope that from now one, this will end.

I agree with Diddin's MVP's award for this game. Oso and Humble Poirot were my strongest fake-town reads and I can see them being very strong players in the future. Looking forward to playing with both of them again. Sotty7 played a great game and had it not been for the roleblocker dillema, she probably would have survived to endgame.

xvart played an fantastic game as well. Knowing that I was scum, I had a plan that Day 5 if I wasn't caught by Oso (Which turned out to be the case), I would have pushed for q21's lynch and then betray xvart during Lylo and lynch him. I think that xvart's doctor protection on Humble Poriot played a considerable part in town's victory.

As said before, I enjoyed this game a lot. Solid line-up of players of both scum and town and fantastic flavor that is funny to read and unique. Thanks to everyone for a great game and thanks to totallynotmafia for great modding.

To be honest, Night 4, I was considering not killing anyone so I wouldn't risk being caught. But with school taking up a lot of my time plus being in an overload of Mafia games, if it came to either prevailing in this game or doing well in school, I had to choose and I choose what I felt was the more important option in this game (Doing well in school). To vezokpiraka and Sotty7, I hope you understand that I had no intentions of risking being lynched for the lose but rather due to real-life issues.
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Humble Poirot »

Good game everyone, I'm surprised SSBF risked being tracked and specially because the risk he took didn't involve killing xvart.
In my Humble Poirot opinon (IMHPO) he should've:
a) No killed and tried to get q21 or xvart lynched.
b) Risked it and shot xvart in hopes that charter would lead to a lynch against q21. Shoot Oso at night and throw me and Charter against each other in a 3p lylo.

I'd like everyone to be aware of the fact that we were extremely close to losing the game when xvart was at L-1 with q21, Oso and Vezok voting for him. If SSBF had been around long enough to make up a decent excuse to hammer xvart they would've killed Oso at night, bussed each other when Vezok failed to find OSo's killer (or found an invented one) and SSBF might've just pulled it in a 3p lylo with Charter and q21.

Props on q21 and xvart for setting on SSBF for some periods of the game (whom I thought of as weird in the beginning but later kept him as a probtown read). q21's mistake was being pretty lurky and outright unhelpful at some points. He gave me the impression that he did not really care and was setting up lynches.

As for the men of the match, I think it belongs to both Oso and xvart. Oso, despite having several differences with me, was never stubborn about his views and explored many possibilities. He performed excellent tracks that decided the game to our favour and was sufficiently pro-town so that no one complained when the plans were laid out to protect him. Xvart saved me night 1, if I'm not mistaken. That gave us one extra lynch because, if we ever got to 8 people after Tazaro's lynch, we would've had to no lynch just to be safe and that would probably mean an easy game for scum to control in 4 vs 3 lylo.

I think that, even the setup was pretty much biased towards town, the biggest failure came from having a powerful role like watcher finally working for the town. Vezok didn't care about being scummy because he had a sweet role to protect himself. But that, as we know, didn't last long enough.

Sotty kept a pro-town face while keeping himself out of the spotlight. He is an admirable player and should be handled with great care. SSBF's play was weird but somewhat effective. Still, he made some errors of judgement near the end that might be excused by the fact that he seemed to be pretty busy.

Regardless of scum's generally good play and a hard setup, town also had to face it's hardships. Mainly, what I've come to call, the Tazaro Incident. One wasted day with 150+ posts of pure fluff, horrific, unreasoned reads and what looked to me like borderline trolling. His defense of Vezok as a VI still gives me shivers.

Apart from that and some disgusts when q21 decided to ignore me and call out scum without much reasons this game was great and I had a lot of fun.

I felt special empathy with xvart (Another PR heavy game in the bag, eh?) and Kagelord. High five guys.

My reads this game were not very good. I was pretty thrown off when quadz didn't flip scum. At least, I was the
spirit of the moderated view
in this game.

SSBF, sotty, vezok! I want to read that quicktopic!!

I also want to hear from sotty's plan to avoid his lynch (which he talked about on twilight)

@xvart, Oso: I was also paranoid during brief periods of time thinking about the possibility of 4 scum but, knowing how the game had gone before sotty's lynch, it didn't make much sense. What I did suspect that could be seem as balanced was 3 scum + lyncher.

Let's face it, the whole jay + aranneas 2nd post + Charter's 1st post was the weirdest thing I have experienced. I don't usually speculate about that kind of things but 3 different players seemed to much.

The unconfirmed mason group was interesting but having 2 power roles there made it a bit weird.
Oso wrote:The mechanic that tnm used of having all three of the neighbors be town could have helped scum if 2 of the 3 had of been NKed early or lynched/Nked early. The third neighbor still alive might have been auto-scummed by the rest of the town players esp. if it had been HP who remained alive. 2 Town PRs and a VT? How many people would have bought that one
No way, I was completely innocent. In fact, I don't remember having to bear a vote against me all game. I mean, could you ever lynch me? Look at me!

Thanks totallynotmafia for modding.
I'm eager to hear how you saw the game from your perspective. If it takes time to write a decent review/analysis, It's not a problem. I just want it to be in-depth :P

Thanks diddin, I'm still unsure about the results of your actions but you managed to block the right person and get on Oso's good side (that counted for something).

Thanks again, Charter, for taking the time to replace into the game despite my long posts.

See you later with more cool facts and opinions of this game.

HP

PREVIEW EDIT: ooooohhhhhh... mafia QT... I'm going to enjoy this...
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Oso »

I'd have to agree that Sotty7 played excellently as scum. My whole basis for suspecting her initially was based on what I thought of the game mechanics up to that point. Until I tracked her to diddin, I had no solid evidence from her posting that she was even remotely scummy. Just a vague feeling that diddin had scored big on his night 1 jailkeep....turned out I was wrong there :)

I'd give xvart the town MVP Award. With his Doc claim coming out a day after diddin's jailkeeper claim, had he been acting the least bit scummy in the game up to that point, I think he'd have been lynched. It was pretty much on his play alone that I think I wasn't able to sell the rest of the thread on lynching him once diddin's role was confirmed. (And props to you guys for not allowing that to happen). Good thing I was a Tracker instead of a Vig. I'd have definitely shot him over that one.
-
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by xvart »

Interesting scum QT. First, vezok - you seem to really have it together in the QT. I think vezok does a better job conveying information in the QT than in the actual game. Second, while all my scum reads were horribly wrong, it appears I nailed the motivations behind scum actions pretty closely (i.e. vezok watching Humble to catch the doctor). I really, really, really wish I would have saved KageLord N2; and I would like to believe now that all my WIFOM during that night was painkiller induced right before my surgery since, from my perspective, I was thinking diddin would RB KageLord but then he would have to give a false report the next day, and possibly be outted if he chose someone who was actually a PR. I really thought that scum would try and kill an active, thoughtful player and RB the softclaimed cop, because that would be most beneficial to them in the long run (not that it mattered since diddin was town; but scum probably could have screwed diddin over by blocking KageLord and him having no result the next day would have put even more suspicion on him D2).

I hope Kage comes back in here and talks about his soft claim.

Mod comments: I really, really enjoyed the flavor. It was very funny and interesting for a normal game. The game was fairly unbalanced in the town's favor, so I'm interested to here your thought about the setup creation and general afterthoughts. I also didn't like the game not opening up on time the last two nights and no explanation.

I did three things that game that I typically never ever do. I forecasted into the future and speculated about scum pairings; speculated about balance and setup; and used meta as a scum read. Lesson learned, or at least in moderation next time.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Oso »

Oh, and my thanks as well to totallynotmafia. Thanks for running the game and I enjoyed playing it.
-
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by xvart »

Humble Poirot wrote:Good game everyone, I'm surprised SSBF risked being tracked and specially because the risk he took didn't involve killing xvart.
In my Humble Poirot opinon (IMHPO) he should've:
a) No killed and tried to get q21 or xvart lynched.

b) Risked it and shot xvart in hopes that charter would lead to a lynch against q21. Shoot Oso at night and throw me and Charter against each other in a 3p lylo.
The bolded is exactly why I initially put down "No Action" last night; but then I knew if Oso died I (and the town) would be screwed so the benefit of avoiding that no kill discussion wasn't worth it to me.
Humble Poirot wrote:I also want to hear from sotty's plan to avoid his lynch (which he talked about on twilight)
Yes, thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about that even though I mentioned bringing it up later.
Humble Poirot wrote:I felt special empathy with xvart (Another PR heavy game in the bag, eh?) and Kagelord. High five guys.
Definitely. I really enjoy playing with you, Humble. I think we have similar posting styles and balance each other out nicely. I have a tendency to go nuts while you are more calm and collected; but we both seem to have a similar vision. And, I love long (relevant) posts.
Oso wrote:I'd give xvart the town MVP Award. With his Doc claim coming out a day after diddin's jailkeeper claim, had he been acting the least bit scummy in the game up to that point, I think he'd have been lynched. It was pretty much on his play alone that I think I wasn't able to sell the rest of the thread on lynching him once diddin's role was confirmed. (And props to you guys for not allowing that to happen). Good thing I was a Tracker instead of a Vig. I'd have definitely shot him over that one.
Thanks; that makes me feel better even thought I railroaded two townies and got one of them lynched. This game really reminds me of that narration of one of the characters in The Legend of Bagger Vance where they describe his play as all terrible shots into the rough and a strong finish at the end (wish I could find a youtube video).

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Humble Poirot »

:lol: ... scum pre-game talk was horrible XD
horrid scum SSBF QT wrote:
Humble Poirot sounds like a good kill. I expressed some suspicion on Friend, but I really did like Humble Poirot's play. He expressed minimal suspicion on all three scums.
HEY!!!! I was willing to lynch vezok if I couldn't get quadz lynched!!! (yeah, I know, I sucked overall)
sotty in QT wrote:I am SO happy you didn't claim miller btw. I read this quick topic before replacing in and it scared the crap out of me. Haha.
heh. I know what you're saying.

Wow... I'm impressed about Vezok's ability to spot PRs...
Vezok QT wrote:I will watch humble poirot tonight in hopes of finding the doctor.
Damn, xvart was spot on here.

Oso, the funniest thing is that you voted and tracked Sotty thinking that diddin had blocked the scumkill... And that was entirely false. Oh, the ironies of mafia.

There's nothing more amusing than to think about hypotheticals after game. Imagine if Oso was killed n1 instead of me. Dead tracker... Town sotty.

SSBF, I don't see how you would've moved past killing charter even if Oso had tracked q21. He would've been cleared. Your best bet for a kill was xvart and then Oso. I understand why you killed though. College is also getting busier for me and, as much as I want to, I probably won't join another game for a long time.
xvart wrote:I think vezok does a better job conveying information in the QT than in the actual game
If vezok would've actually shown that kind of thought process in the form of pro-town posts he would've never needed to claim, giving scum a great boost, instead of being manipulated by town.

xvart, don't feel bad about some mistakes you made. At least you weren't scum's portrayed as scum's puppet in the QT. :neutral:
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Oso »

xvart wrote:..
Thanks; that makes me feel better even thought I railroaded two townies and got one of them lynched. This game really reminds me of that narration of one of the characters in The Legend of Bagger Vance where they describe his play as all terrible shots into the rough and a strong finish at the end (wish I could find a youtube video).
One of may favorite movies :)

I think Will Smith was talking to Matt Damon about Bruce McGill's character (Walter Hagen) on why he was a good golfer. Something along the lines of of "...three terrible shots and one brilliant shot makes par." or something to that effect.
-
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by quadz08 »

xvart wrote:Good game, everyone. I hope quadz comes back so I can apologize for rallying everyone to his lynch. My only explanation, and Humble hit it pretty much on the head here. I had nailed scum on D1 in the last three games I had played, and my read on quadz was stronger than any of those reads; which is why I was so vehement about it.

Scum and Masons - will you share your QT?

xvart.
Apology accepted. I played pretty badly, to be fair. However, I must ask: how did the hat taste?
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by xvart »

Humble Poirot wrote:xvart, don't feel bad about some mistakes you made. At least you weren't scum's portrayed as scum's puppet in the QT. :neutral:
lol. I halfway expected to read in the scum QT N1 that I would be an easy mislynch or easy to target as a distraction. I thought for sure scum would use me as the puppet.
quadz08 wrote:Apology accepted. I played pretty badly, to be fair. However, I must ask: how did the hat taste?
lol. Not too good. I was actually going to post some random image of a guy eating a hat from google images but I decided it wouldn't do well to dwell on it or bring it up.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”