/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Seraphim »

SK: I'll try to avoid quoting when I can.

First point, first example:
That's just a misrepresentation of what I actually was saying there. It's certainly one thing to express concern at a growing wagon on yourself. It's quite another to claim you are the counterwagon and being driven by scum, which is what I was referring to. By claiming that his wagon was, in fact, driven by scum(which is already been partly proven to be false), he is able to make a broad blanket attack on everyone rather than narrowing down the players who are scum on the wagon. Quite different than expressing concern on a growing wagon on himself, eh?

first point, second example:
VasudeVa's main point against my argument during that point in the game was that I had made a "lazy bandwagoning case" rather than actually addressing the points I had made against him. I still maintain that that post is an appeal to emotion, or perhaps more accurately "ad hominem". Let's take a look at the post again:
VasudeVa wrote:Yawn at the OMGUS accusation. Does anyone ever believe that scum are more likely to do that? Lazy, lazy~
If we break down this post, he first tries to discredit the argument by asserting the following: "Scum are not more likely to make an OMGUS vote than town." This is also a strawman for the real argument, which is that he is discrediting my argument by calling it lazy rather than going after the points themselves. By continuing to push that I am being "lazy"(note the use of the word "yawn"), he doesn't actually have to answer any of my points because the case is "lazy" and therefore not a case at all and not worth answering. This IS appeal to emotion. Rather than answer the points or prove they are unsubstantial, he strawmans a few key points and says the case is lazy, probably made by lazy scum, therefore I don't need to answer the points because I don't need to answer no posts by no scum.

Also, I still believe VV is dodging my argument and that he has NOT addressed the points to a satisfactory manner.

Also, beyond this, how do the posts you've chosen prove that my case is "fake"? That's a pretty serious accusation. All you've done is prove that I've thrown some spin on the VasudeVa which hardly proves that my case isn't real.

Second point:

I've already proved why he's not scumhunting. I'll do it again, just for you. Go back, look at his ISO posts. Look how he bandwagons with no reasoning, with no follow-up. His pool of suspects is ever changing. He's asked a few questions of a few players, questions he hasn't followed up on, questions that haven't even been answered yet. If they mattered, don't you think he would tried to get people to answer them?

I will agree, though,that it's entirely possible that my "vendetta" against VV stems from a personal dislike of playstyle and personality. Maybe VV just rubs me the wrong way. It's a possibility. But no one has shown me any reasons for him being town besides continuing to push "too scummy to be scum".

Third point:

Since when is transparency a scum tell? I've had people come after me for
not
putting out that fire.

fourth point:

I've already addressed this in my 942.

Also, about your case...I don't see how you've proven that I'm scum. How do your points come together to prove me-scum?
1. false case on VV(not proven)
2. Theory attack????(I don't understand why this point is named so, ties in with 1, not proven)
3. Over-clarification(hardly scummy)
4. Neutral reaction to Hoopla's gambit(spin)

Where is the over-arching proof?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Seraphim »

At first, I was willing to give you some le-way and tell you how wrong you are with your interpretations but I've grown tired of your tunnel and your recent chainsaw to ooba shed some new light of your motivations.
Also, lol at this. How the hell am I chainsawing?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:08 am

Post by VasudeVa »

1. false case on VV(not proven)
2. Theory attack????(I don't understand why this point is named so, ties in with 1, not proven)
3. Over-clarification(hardly scummy)
4. Neutral reaction to Hoopla's gambit(spin)
You cannot prove that shit. These are INTERPRETATIONS. How hard is it for you to understand that INTERPRETATIONS are hardly ever the same level as proof? You do your fair share of interpretations and this 'defense' you put up is terrible.

You've dumped everyone's defense on me into 'too scummy to be scum' when in fact it's much more complicated than that. Scum know there is a vig. I'm apparently coached to act like a VI by my competent scumbuddies knowing that there is a vig on the loose? Terrible reasoning. I've been telling you that your attacks are horrible, yet you cease to stop despite my explanations.

You're either stupid or scum. Maybe even both.
Also, lol at this. How the hell am I chainsawing?
You #938 wrote:And then he OMGUS'd ooba a while back, a wagon I don't buy.
Seems like a chainsaw to me! A soft one, maybe with kittens.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Seraphim »

You cannot prove that shit. These are INTERPRETATIONS. How hard is it for you to understand that INTERPRETATIONS are hardly ever the same level as proof?
I see the dots but SK's case fails because it fails to CONNECT them into a fully understood scum read, looking at the bigger game rather than reaching each part of it and saying "lol scum". I've connected the dots. Maybe not initially, but once I reread and hit Day 2, I could see how your play was coming together.

It's hardly a chainsaw if I've been voting for you and attacking you this entire time, love.

I think you're being coached to play like this because it will make it difficult for you to be lynched so long as they continue to play the too scummy to be scum card. I postulate that scum may even be using you to draw the vig with your play.

Phew.

Alright.

Listen.

I'm going to give you ONE CHANCE. ONE FUCKING CHANCE. to explain to me why you're town without attacking me or using meta. To prove that your lazy, bandwagon-tastic, OMGUS, idiotic play is indicative of town rather than scum. If you can cast enough doubt, I will look at other players. Fair enough?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:12 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

*bangs head against wall*
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Kerri, I didn't read your case, but you're wrong about Sera.
I dunt get ooba wagon, basically forgotten all about zor too.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I think Vas is town.
And I'm really slow. Not getting Zito's ooba thing. BABYSTEP ME THROUGH PLZ?
FLASH OF GREEN
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

ekiM (1) -- Ellibereth
VasudeVa (3) -- Seraphim, ooba, SpyreX
ooba (6) -- Papa Zito, VasudeVa, Plumegranate, Rhinox, Kmd4390, ekiM
DrippingGoofball (1) -- mith
Seraphim (1) -- SaintKerrigan

Not voting: Zorblag, Elmo, DrippingGoofball, Herodotus, zoraster
17 alive, 9 to lynch.

Deadline: 11th of September, 6 am GMT.

Looking into Zorblag replacement, unless he returns before I find one.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Plumegranate
Plumegranate
Goon
Plumegranate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Plumegranate »

Seraphim wrote:I think you're being coached to play like this because it will make it difficult for you to be lynched so long as they continue to play the too scummy to be scum card. I postulate that scum may even be using you to draw the vig with your play.
WHAAAAAAAT? EXPLAIN NOW PLZ.
This is a Plum + Pomegranate alt.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Plumegranate wrote:
Seraphim wrote:I think you're being coached to play like this because it will make it difficult for you to be lynched so long as they continue to play the too scummy to be scum card. I postulate that scum may even be using you to draw the vig with your play.
Whoops. Looks like there was a giant hole in my logic there, lol. I'm pretty sure there was more to that point so I'll expand on that.

It's a win-win situation for scum. Have VV act in a VI-ish manner. Players dismiss him as VI. He isn't a strong player anyway, so if he comes under heavy scrutiny, they can bus him easily. Also, if there's a lot of noise about VV in the thread, that might help overshadow the other scum in the topic and make VV a more likely vig target.

It's incredible speculation and there's no real basis behind it besides my speculation.
Plumegranate
Plumegranate
Goon
Plumegranate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Plumegranate »

Seraphim wrote:
Plumegranate wrote:
Whoops. Looks like there was a giant hole in my logic there, lol. I'm pretty sure there was more to that point so I'll expand on that.

It's a win-win situation for scum. Have VV act in a VI-ish manner. Players dismiss him as VI. He isn't a strong player anyway, so if he comes under heavy scrutiny, they can bus him easily. Also, if there's a lot of noise about VV in the thread, that might help overshadow the other scum in the topic and make VV a more likely vig target.

It's incredible speculation and there's no real basis behind it besides my speculation.
WAIT. Let's take a look. Let's say you came into this game and drew scum with two other players and VV. Do you decide to

a) Give the Town a Vig and help VV be less of an obvious Vig choice (possibly, knowing his tendency to act the VI, decide to help him avoid the drawbacks of his playstyle pre-game)

b) Not give the Town a Vig and let VV's VI-ish manner run its course

c) Give the Town a Vig and encourage VV to look like Vig bait so that everyone else will be less likely to be Vigged with the contingency plan to bus him hard if he comes under scrutiny (but what if he never gets quite to that point during the Day and gets Vigged?)

There are two vaguely logical answers. Two ways a scumteam with VV would be likely to behave in order to minimize the risks to the team. But answer c) is NOT one of them.

There are decent points against VV, but this is
not
one of them. The fact is that you're stretching the case WAY BEYOND any logical explanation of VV's play. It
is
incredible speculation. Not credible. The very idea that you have this thought process going on is almost beyond credibility; I'll have to be reading SK's case on you in depth soon (skimmed the new stuff at school but haven't really read/responded).
This is a Plum + Pomegranate alt.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Yes, I understand that and I regret putting it in my post. It is incredible stretching.

Foot + mouth.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Seraphim wrote:It's a win-win situation for scum. Have VV act in a VI-ish manner. Players dismiss him as VI. He isn't a strong player anyway, so if he comes under heavy scrutiny, they can bus him easily. Also, if there's a lot of noise about VV in the thread, that might help overshadow the other scum in the topic and make VV a more likely vig target.

That whole scenario is so absurd if can only come from scum feeling the burn of being unable to get a VV lynch.

He's like Wile E Coyote; he's lost sight of his goal which is to eat the Road Runner for his sustenance. Now, he just wants to blow him up into smithereens.

That's how scum-Seraphim has become with VV. It's all becoming clear to me now.

VOTE: Seraphim
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Seraphim »

lol and here come the votes. Fuck me I was having fun with this game too.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Seraphim wrote:lol and here come the votes. Fuck me I was having fun with this game too.
Your time of screwing with the town is over my friend.

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Seraphim »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Seraphim wrote:lol and here come the votes. Fuck me I was having fun with this game too.
Your time of screwing with the town is over my friend.
lol in what manner have I been "screwing with the town"? I'm quite curious.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Seraphim wrote:lol in what manner have I been "screwing with the town"? I'm quite curious.
Nightkills, janitoring, etc. :roll:

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Seraphim »

If we're going to talk about "janitoring", let's not forget that it was your "hider claim" that let the janitor role get through, aye?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Seraphim wrote:If we're going to talk about "janitoring", let's not forget that it was your "hider claim" that let the janitor role get through, aye?
I have no regrets, I still consider janitoring to be one of the lamest powers to give the scums. I hope you and your pals weren't too disappointed. It sounds like you were.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I don't get it.

Seraph is reading faiirrly town AND SUPER TOWN if VV is scum because no way in hell this is a bus.

The VV ardent task force is rising once again to the matter at hand and its awesome.

On the flipside:

Zito can you explain for me like Elli in babysteps because I'm missing it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I would love to call you scums right now but a closer evaluation of the hider claim and your repeated announcements that the janitor would be useless(self-fulfilling prophecy) make me think that wouldn't claim hider to push that forward. Unless that's all part of your elaborate plan.

Also,
Zito can you explain for me like Elli in babysteps because I'm missing it.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:22 pm

SpyreX wrote:Seraph is reading faiirrly town AND SUPER TOWN if VV is scum because no way in hell this is a bus.
This ain't a bus, Sweet Moonbeams, this is scum losing all sense of perspective going after a townie.
SpyreX wrote:The VV ardent task force is rising once again to the matter at hand and its awesome.
Meth does you no good.

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I certainly agree that what Plumpom pointed out was incredible reaching but I would like to think that the rest of my case was formed on legitimate points.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

This ain't a bus, Sweet Moonbeams, this is scum losing all sense of perspective going after a townie.
The hell?

I want VV explained in simple, clean "this is why he is town and Sera is scum for going after him"

Bonus points on why Sera is scum and I'm not because I'm been pretty clear about wanting VV dead as well.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Seraphim wrote:I'm going to give you ONE CHANCE. ONE FUCKING CHANCE. to explain to me why you're town without attacking me or using meta. To prove that your lazy, bandwagon-tastic, OMGUS, idiotic play is indicative of town rather than scum. If you can cast enough doubt, I will look at other players. Fair enough?
Hahahahaha.

No.

Vote: Seraphim
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”