Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

SpyreX wrote:Do I buddy? Is that the question I 'dodged'?

Go look it up. Meta is ridiculous and I'm not going to help but OHH SNAP the results will be: inconclusive!
1. Yes, that was the question you intentionally dodged.

2. Granted, meta alone shouldn't determind a person's alignment in this game, but that doesn't mean they won't be helpful in any shape or form. While some players do change play styles from game to game which prevent the uses of meta, most players play similarly as scum or town in at least a way. Town will be able to spot the similarity of the play they're generating and compare it to past town/scum games and it can either help soildify the town/scum reads they have.
hiphop wrote:However I am surprised at ssbf, that he is is trusting xscorp so easily. Wasn't in the last game, it was scum that claimed rb?
I am not trusting XScorpion's roleblock as liberally as you think. I am also awared based off of our last game together that scum can be claim roleblocked on Night Actions. As a matter of fact, I even mentioned that I wasn't getting good vibes off of him.
hiphop wrote:
This part bugs me a lot. Let's see if I can explain it. You call Robo out and say he should not be voting confid because there are people that are more scummy. This of course bounces him in front of the line as more scummy? Really?

Let's try again. Let's say there is a scale of 1 to 5 of scumminess. There is someone that is a 4. Now someone votes someone that is not on the scale. This makes them a 5? How? What does that make you? Aren't you doing the same thing that he is doing sort of.
It's a lot more then Robocopter87 voting for a person for not producing contents when there are people who've commited more serious scum tells. I'm also on him for not believing what he's saying, calling people scummy over trivial things that doesn't matter much, originally refusing to defend himself, and asking XScorpion not to shoot him,
yet
he suggested that he's best off being NK'd then lynched. Also, if you would look at my last post, I attacked him for contradicting himself.

A person can be four on the scumminess scale and still be the most suspicious person in the game from my perspective. If a person isn't at five, should he not receive a vote from me if you think he has the best chance of flipping scum anyway? Unless that person were to make one super-scummy post or a series of scummy posts over time, a scummy post alone should not place a person at five in the scumminess scale. Furthermore, if I had a scale of scummiess from one to five, one to five without decimals, that's too much black and white and Mafia is a game of all shades of gray. Also, let's say there are two people in the scummiess scale with decimals to the tenth. Person #1 is 4.3 in the scummiest scale while Person #2 is 4.7 at the scummiest scale. Which person will I vote?

Also, you're claiming that I am doing the same thing as Robocopter87. Robocopter87 produce a lot of excess fluff in this game, that is a similar reason to ConfidAnon not producing contents. The difference here is that Robocopter87 is voting him mainly for that while I have a variety of reasons for voting Robocopter87.
SpyreX wrote:Because going "Jenni is town." and "SpyreX always buddies" (HINT: I TOLD YOU CHUCKLEHEADS WHY HE IS TOWN) in the SAME POST bespeaks some tech going on.
hiphop is considering you buddying other people a null tell based off experience with you in previous games. Not sure why him saying you always buddy people and that's it's a null tell to him should be considered scummy.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh hot dogs its a party up ins:
1. Yes, that was the question you
intentionally
dodged.

2. Granted, meta alone shouldn't determind a person's alignment in this game, but that doesn't mean they won't be helpful in any shape or form. While some players do change play styles from game to game which prevent the uses of meta, most players play similarly as scum or town in at least a way. Town will be able to spot the similarity of the play they're generating and compare it to past town/scum games and it can either help soildify the town/scum reads they have.
Interesting choice of words. The kind of words that should, in fact, have a vote attached to them. Or at minimum some heat behind them. But, nope, nothing.

I wouldn't and don't 'dodge' anything. It was a poor meta question that EVEN IF META WASNT RETARDED HE ANSWERS IN THE SAME POST GOOD LORD.
hiphop is considering you buddying other people a null tell based off experience with you in previous games. Not sure why him saying you always buddy people and that's it's a null tell to him should be considered scummy.
Its not. It wouldn't be brought up if it was "null". It's "OHH NO YOU ARE BUDDYING BUT MAYBE YOU ARENT SCUM FOR IT".

Which is just fantastic and awesome. Robo (you know that guy you've got a wasted vote on) and Charter are/were town through and through. Being able to see and comment thusly on that isn't "buddying" and if it was well put that scarlet B on me because I'll take it to the bank every day of the week.

As for "dodging" this is an awesome catchup post that ignores jenni's declaration of not posting at all. Well played.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:12 pm

SpyreX wrote:Interesting choice of words. The kind of words that should, in fact, have a vote attached to them. Or at minimum some heat behind them. But, nope, nothing.
I'm assuming by that statement, you're referring to me getting some heat based off those statements, correct? If so, it's a bit too early to say that a particular person should be getting more attention, especially since this post I'm quoting is right after my latest post.
SpyreX wrote:Which is just fantastic and awesome. Robo (you know that guy you've got a wasted vote on) and Charter are/were town through and through. Being able to see and comment thusly on that isn't "buddying" and if it was well put that scarlet B on me because I'll take it to the bank every day of the week.
1. I haven't seen a well-supported argument for Robocopter87 being town in this game. Show me evidence or you are just making white noise.

2. So you're saying that your mass defending of charter isn't buddying him?
SpyreX wrote:As for "dodging" this is an awesome catchup post that ignores jenni's declaration of not posting at all. Well played.
The difference between this circumstance and your circumstance is this:

I was not asked to comment in the jenniwren's "not going to post" until later incident. On the other hand, hiphop asked you a question and you avoided it. I'm not going to go further into this since I've already received satisfactory explanations.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm assuming by that statement, you're referring to me getting some heat based off those statements, correct? If so, it's a bit too early to say that a particular person should be getting more attention, especially since this post I'm quoting is right after my latest post.
If you're going to make an assumation try making one thats rooted in the meaning of the words presented:

You chose a very specific set of words that have a very specific meaning - saying that I 'intentionally' dodged the question implies, directly, that I would have some reason to dodge it.

However, YOUR WORDS were not backed with any heat. Or a vote. Or anything. They're just words that instead of being an offense are just sitting there begging for something to happen.
1. I haven't seen a well-supported argument for Robocopter87 being town in this game. Show me evidence or you are just making white noise.
The hell do I need to give a 'well-supported' argument for someone being town. I was fairly confident (and would be sure with an XScorp flip) and then starting out today worried about lylo is a pretty good kicker.
2. So you're saying that your mass defending of charter isn't buddying him?
Stating my town reads isn't buddying. 'Buddying', the type that actually matters, is a type of sheeping - running hard and fast on someone and then using them as the rationale for decisions. Show me doing that. Go for it. Playing WITH my town reads != buddying and even then its a moot argument because you've still not had the stones to actually call me scum.

However, If you're going to play that route what up with the 180 on jenni landing on "ohh jenni is town and if we lynch jenni and she is town shoot charter".

Which is even more awesome with:
I was not asked to comment in the jenniwren's "not going to post" until later incident. On the other hand, hiphop asked you a question and you avoided it. I'm not going to go further into this since I've already received
satisfactory explanations
satisfactory explanations wrote:
I'm playing...just not posting...yet. No need to be mean.
?
Yea. On top of apples != b52 bombers you've went ahead and called this the satisfactory explanation for "I'm not going to play the game."

XScorp, SSBF, Jenni with a side of hiphop. There's PROBABLY the whole scumteam in there. Two for sure.
Show

Proud member of BaM
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by XScorpion »

You gotta be kidding me.
SSBF is the most pro-town person in this game...and you're calling him scum? Yeah right.
vote: Spyrex
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by SpyreX »

FEEL MY SHOCK. SMELL MY SURPRISE.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

SpyreX, it feels to me like you're riding the wave of towniness you expect from charter's town flip. Playing a game of "I told you so" is not pro-town. It does nothing to help find scum. Also, your read on SSBF is totally off. Stop being so awful. I beg of you.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by jenniwren »

For clarification...
I said I wasn't going to post until I had reexamined everything and had my head on straight. Obviously I was wrong last week, and I was so convinced I was right that I kind of feel like I need to get my head out of the tunnel and start looking at the game more objectively because after Charter flipped, I realized I was doing it wrong. If I had been right, he would have flipped scum. I'm not posting because I don't have anything to say yet, but as soon as I think I have something, I will post. I mean, on D1, I posted a lot, and got really involved, and it amounted to nothing, so this time, I'm going to try to be more rational and objective and hopefully get it right. I got off on the wrong foot in the game, and I'm trying to fix it. That's all I meant.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

jenni wrote:I realized I was doing it wrong.
TWSS

But really, I would encourage you to be as active as you can. It's always better to err on the side of more activity than less.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

VOTE COUNT
6 to lynch
Xscorpion (2) Kirbyoshi, hiphop
ConfidAnon (1) Robocopter87
Robocopter87 (1) Super Smash Bros. Fan
jenniwren (1) SpyreX
SpyreX (1) Xscorpion

Not voting (4) ConfidAnon, jenniwren, Sawyer, xvart
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, it feels to me like you're riding the wave of towniness you expect from charter's town flip. Playing a game of "I told you so" is not pro-town. It does nothing to help find scum. Also, your read on SSBF is totally off. Stop being so awful. I beg of you.
What in the hell is this?

No, seriously, what is "I told you so" about my vote for jenni and
my having to 'defend' calling charter town

And I'm the awful one. Nicely played.
Show

Proud member of BaM
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by hiphop »

mod v/la until tuesday night

In the mean time I am going to let my vote go on confidanon and see what becomes of it. He has been posting my other game, just not in this one. 2 posts?

unvote
vote conidanon

mod I think there are some lurkers who need prods. Especially confidanon who hasn't posted since the 22 of august
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:33 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

Due to ConfidAnon and Sawyer's lack of posting, rule 12 will be enforced. Both had informed me that they didn't have the time to play anymore, but I don't have the time to spam the forums for replacements.

ConfidAnon and Sawyer will be modkilled. Flips will be posted in approximately 24 hours from now, barring any player appeals/suggestions
via PM

I plan to
continue Day 2 through the modkills and
extend the deadline until at least Friday 9/10.
Last edited by bouncy.bouncy on Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Benmage »

Hey...sooo I'm replacing Confid...i was just inquiring since SSBF asked me to replace in, but I'm on vacation...anyways looks like I'm in. However
V/LA Until monday evening
After that I'll put this shit into high gear and get going...16 pgs is nothing (**prays for little wallage**)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:37 am

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

Alright, back on. Somebody helped find replacements for us ( :) ) so I don't have to go through with modkills. Thanks for your patience.

BENMAGE (Crackle) replaces CONFIDANON
EQUINOX (Cap'n Crunch) replaces SAWYER

VOTE COUNT
6 to lynch
Benmage (2) Robocopter87, hiphop
Xscorpion (1) Kirbyoshi
jenniwren (1) SpyreX
SpyreX (1) Xscorpion

Not voting (4) Benmage, Equinox, jenniwren, xvart
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Benmage »

Let's here why Robo and Hip-hop are currently voting me?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:40 am

Post by XScorpion »

Cuz confid was posting in other games but not this one.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Benmage »

XScorpion wrote:Cuz confid was posting in other games but not this one.
Fair enough, they should be gonezo soon than.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Equinox »

/confirm

Give me some time to catch up this weekend.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:45 am

Post by XScorpion »

Benmage wrote:
Assuming you post content of course.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Benmage »

XScorpion wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Assuming you post content of course.
Ooooooooohhhhhh :mrgreen: You have no idea what you're in stored for. :twisted:
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:52 am

First off, thank you Benmage and Equinox for replacing. Looking forward to both of you posting contents.

@Robocopter87: Please answer my question here:
Me wrote:Furthermore, what happened to your suspicion on hiphop, who you considered your top suspect back in Day 1?
Also, since ConfidAnon just got replaced by Benmage, do you still think that the slot is vote-worthy, especially given that Benmage promised more activity for the slot coming this Monday?

SpyreX wrote:If you're going to make an assumation try making one thats rooted in the meaning of the words presented:

You chose a very specific set of words that have a very specific meaning - saying that I 'intentionally' dodged the question implies, directly, that I would have some reason to dodge it.

However, YOUR WORDS were not backed with any heat. Or a vote. Or anything. They're just words that instead of being an offense are just sitting there begging for something to happen.
1. You already gave reasons for not answering the questions. You said it was a poor meta question and that hiphop already answered it in the same post that he asked it, that's a reason for intentionally dodging the question.

2. Technically, I have already given you a bit of heat when saying you weren't looking too good in my first post of Day 2, which indicates that I suspect you. However, going as far as to vote you for it would be unecessary since I only found it, at the time, mildly scummy, not OMG MUST LYNCH scummy.
SpyreX wrote:The hell do I need to give a 'well-supported' argument for someone being town. I was fairly confident (and would be sure with an XScorp flip) and then starting out today worried about lylo is a pretty good kicker.
1. If you truly think a person under suspicious should not be lynched for today, you should at least give a decent explanation on why you find a person scummy. Otherwise, I am unconvinced.

Also noticed something, if you thought charter was worthy of being defended a lot Day 1, why aren't you doing to same to Robocopter87?

2. Robocopter87's worry about being in lylo in Day 2 is a bit paranoid. If he was worried about us being in Lylo/Mylo during Day 3 and we haven't caught any scums by then, that would be understandable. But the chances of us being in Lylo/Mylo during Day 2 is pretty low.
SpyreX wrote:Stating my town reads isn't buddying. 'Buddying', the type that actually matters, is a type of sheeping - running hard and fast on someone and then using them as the rationale for decisions. Show me doing that. Go for it. Playing WITH my town reads != buddying and even then its a moot argument because you've still not had the stones to actually call me scum.
You explicitly stated that charter was your #1 town read and defended him throughout most of Day 1. You attempted to undermine the case against charter throughout most of Day 1 as well.
SpyreX wrote:However, If you're going to play that route what up with the 180 on jenni landing on "ohh jenni is town and if we lynch jenni and she is town shoot charter".

Which is even more awesome with:

Yea. On top of apples != b52 bombers you've went ahead and called this the satisfactory explanation for "I'm not going to play the game."
Nice misrep there. I never said that jenniwren gave a satisfactory explanation. I said that hiphop basically gave me the answer to his question regarding you buddying other people was a satisfactory explantion.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:54 am

Post by jenniwren »

I've had some thinking time, and I am finally back at school, too, so my schedule should even out (even though I won't have home internet until Thursday; I can use the library, but my access will depend on their hours) a bit.

I spent most of D1 tunneling on Charter because I thought he was acting pretty scummy. Obviously no matter how he was acting, he wasn't. In this tangled mess, I was also highly suspicious of Spyrex, for many reasons I've already given. I didn't understand how he could be so very positive that Charter wasn't scum. He hinted at being masons in this post but backs off at the same time.
SpyreX wrote:MAYBE WE ARE MASONS OR SOMETHING ELSE AWESOME (Or maybe we are just awesome)
My guess is that "just awesome" is more believable than the masons claim, as Charter's flip didn't reveal that being part of his identity.

I'm still of mixed mind regarding Spyrex. I was pretty convinced he was scum before the flip; now I don't know. It never occurred to me that he might have been buddying Charter rather than simply believing in his innocence, but that does have merit. I've gotten interested in examining people's intent for what they do rather than just examining "tells" as a method for scumhunting.

So...
Who benefits most from what happened on D1? How could Spyrex benefit from any of it?
A) If Spyrex is town, he has the benefit of being right about Charter.
B) If Spyrex is scum, he has (A) which makes him look better to the town, because he was right. This in turn may make him less of a target.
C) If Spyrex is scum, and he knows I am town, then how does his pushing my lynch help him? Can he play the card that he totally believed in Charter because of one tell in the beginning despite all of his other scummy behavior yet never ever saw anything about me that might be town? If he is scum and he pushes my lynch, then I'm not sure my town flip will help him much because others have already started this conversation with him.

It's that "card" I mention in (C) that is causing me the most problems. Town-Spyrex is astute enough to have seen that Charter is town based on his reaction to the (non)-vig, but doesn't believe I was sincere about anything. Scum-Spyrex clears Charter, throwing suspicion on anyone who votes Charter. Scum-Spyrex also knows I am town, so pushing my lynch may make him more suspect, but I made such a lovely mess of things on D1 that it also makes sense for him to push my lynch while pretending to be town-Spyrex, and my flip will be as big a shock to him as Charter's was to me.

Which Spyrex benefits most because of my lynch?

The library is closing, so I have to cut it short. I am not voting yet because I am still not sure about Spyrex and I have other questions for a couple of others.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Benmage wrote:Let's here why Robo and Hip-hop are currently voting me?
I'm not anymore
Unvote

it was lack of activity from your slot. nothing more.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@Robocopter87: Please answer my question here:
Me wrote:Furthermore, what happened to your suspicion on hiphop, who you considered your top suspect back in Day 1?
Also, since ConfidAnon just got replaced by Benmage, do you still think that the slot is vote-worthy, especially given that Benmage promised more activity for the slot coming this Monday?
Alright, I still have suspicion for HipHop but I'm not really feeling a scummy feeling towards him anymore. I just can't see him being scum.

Yo, I wasn't here when Benamge was replaced, sorry I didn't get here in time to unvote. But I did now.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

VOTE COUNT
6 to lynch
Benmage (1) hiphop
Xscorpion (1) Kirbyoshi
jenniwren (1) SpyreX
SpyreX (1) Xscorpion

Not voting (5) Benmage, Equinox, jenniwren, Robocopter87, xvart

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”