Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Humble Poirot »

It must have been tasty because I don't remember hearing any complains.

It's interesting the to see a tendency where scum tends to do extremely the opposite of what they might need do to look town (or throw WIFOM in case of their flip?). Sotty calling Oso and Humble town, proposing 3 town neighbours, SSBF calling xvart and me strong. town, everyone bussing each other...

In fact, as you can see in the neighbor QT, I was looking for someone who had been bussed by vezok. Which I thought was q21.
xvart wrote:lol. Not too good. I was actually going to post some random image of a guy eating a hat from google images but I decided it wouldn't do well to dwell on it or bring it up.
wise.
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Humble Poirot wrote:
xvart wrote:lol. Not too good. I was actually going to post some random image of a guy eating a hat from google images but I decided it wouldn't do well to dwell on it or bring it up.
wise.
Wise, but disappointingly non-hilarious.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Humble Poirot »

quadz08 wrote:
Humble Poirot wrote:
wise.
Disappointingly non-hilarious doesn't get you lynched.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by KageLord »

quadz08 wrote:
xvart wrote:Good game, everyone. I hope quadz comes back so I can apologize for rallying everyone to his lynch. My only explanation, and Humble hit it pretty much on the head here. I had nailed scum on D1 in the last three games I had played, and my read on quadz was stronger than any of those reads; which is why I was so vehement about it.

Scum and Masons - will you share your QT?

xvart.
Apology accepted. I played pretty badly, to be fair. However, I must ask: how did the hat taste?
Lmao.

First off, thanks for the game, TNM. As we mentioned in the dead QT, awesome flavor!

@Town, Thank you soooooooooooo much for lynching vezok. I was afraid it wouldn't happen. About my softclaim: well, I honestly thought I would get doc-protected N2 or something else would prevent the kill. But, on the chance that I would be killed, I wanted to let town know afterward what my result was. The reason I didn't just come out and say anything was that a) I was kind of still hoping scum were naive and wouldn't kill me and b) I didn't know my sanity. As far as I know, I still may be naive cop. The only result I got was innocent Oso. I couldn't actually clear him (though in my mind, I mostly did) because of the sanity issue, but at least I'd get to let you know my result. I found it hilarious though when Oso mentioned the possibility of my insanity, considering that would make him scum.

@Scum, well played. I actually had Sotty as a town read in her first few posts. After that, I was just kind of leaning town on her. I only thought that she might be scum after Oso's explanation of the role-crossing with diddin. I want to be able to play scum like Sotty (or like I do in those town games where I put up strong cases on people and end up mislynching PRs >>).

The reason I actually picked Oso N1 instead of my biggest scumread vezok was that I honestly thought Oso was vezok's scumbuddy and when faced with the choice of who was more dangerous, it was obvious who I should pick. I wonder how different the game would have been had I picked vezok instead. Or how different it would have been if xvart had picked me N2. But still, I'm not complaining with how this one turned out. First win on the site (and third finished game)! :)
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Humble Poirot wrote:
quadz08 wrote:
Humble Poirot wrote:
wise.
Disappointingly non-hilarious doesn't get you lynched.
Jeez, be all serious. Whatever. :mrgreen:
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Oso »

KageLord wrote:...
As far as I know, I still may be naive cop.
The only result I got was innocent Oso. I couldn't actually clear him (though in my mind, I mostly did) because of the sanity issue, but at least I'd get to let you know my result. I found it hilarious though when Oso mentioned the possibility of my insanity, considering that would make him scum.
Actually, that was the first thought that popped into my mind when you flipped from the NK, which was why I didn't try to play on implied result you seemed to breadcrumb until later in the game. But naive or not, I knew you had implied the correct result on me.

When diddin and vezo came out, and me knowing my role, naive cop made perfect sense if all 4 of us were town. JK, tracker, watcher wouldn't overpower town if the cop were basically a VT that gave only innocents.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by q21 »

VICTORY!

My apologies for the lurkiness... this game took place during my final year chemical engineering design project - hardest project of my life by a million miles. I started out behind and just never managed to get into the game.

I was right about SSBF, though, but wrong about xvart.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Thanks for all the praise I seem to be getting in this thread. Makes me feel all warm inside :lol: at least I was doing something right.

As for the plan, there was none, it was just me blustering. I basically did one thing I hate to do and that was lurk. I knew I was caught out so I didn't want to drop any big tells to my buddies so I waited until I was hammered and started to moan about the set up. I kinda wanted to give vezo a little towncred by doing this I don't think it worked that well.

This game was all about the town power roles which is normally games I hate to play, I prefer good old fashioned scum hunting. The group of players in this one actually made this a really fun game add onto that the mods great flavor. I don't think I had played with most of this player list before I replaced in, but I would defiantly like to repeat this experience.

As for the scums pre game talk, I read the QT before starting to read the game, but after reading that plan I wanted to run away as far as I could from it all. Thankfully they didn't pull the trigger, but I even PM'ed the mod about my fear of even looking at the first page! :lol:

P.S: Humble I'm a female, just an FYI ;)
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Tazaro »

Yay, you people won despite the taz spaz factor :)
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Oso »

Humble Poirot wrote:..
Oso, the funniest thing is that you voted and tracked Sotty thinking that diddin had blocked the scumkill... And that was entirely false. Oh, the ironies of mafia.
Definitely. That is why I like reading Mason, Scum and Dead QTs after the games. It's absolutely amazing the things people get right....for all the wrong reasons. :P
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Tazaro »

I read some of the stuff I wrote in this thread, and I got a dose of humor
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Post by Humble Poirot »

@Kage: you talk about a dead QT and don't post the link!! That's evil!
Sotty7 wrote:P.S: Humble I'm a female, just an FYI ;)
yeah, sorry. I have most things disabled and don't see the female icon (just a text which I pay no attention to). Your nick doesn't automatically give me any clue and I write in he/male by default.

@Tazaro. I hope this becomes very clear to you: You were anything but funny this game. You were the most annoying player I've seen so far. And I've seen some. You kept ignoring my requests to moderate your posting habits. You replaced in without really reading and then asked to be replaced out. I seriously hope you learn from this and stop sabotaging games. It's not funny when you triple post repeateadly. You ruined day 2 for me. You're not cool for spamming. I've said this throughout the game and I'll say it again.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Post by KageLord »

Humble Poirot wrote:@Kage: you talk about a dead QT and don't post the link!! That's evil!
Sotty7 wrote:P.S: Humble I'm a female, just an FYI ;)
yeah, sorry. I have most things disabled and don't see the female icon (just a text which I pay no attention to). Your nick doesn't automatically give me any clue and I write in he/male by default.
Oh sure it does. You just have to know how to decrypt these things. Sotty sounds like shotty, which sounds like shawty, which is like a melody in my head, which obviously means it's a chick. [/lame]

Anyhow, more interesting, the dead QT.
Show

Record:

Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

Hey... I shouldn't even be listening to you... You're scum. Thanks for the QT. Fun.
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

wait, no... I thought you were sotty... Kage... hi... Why are you defending rotten scum?
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:55 am

Post by KageLord »

XD She can convert me any day. ;)
Show

Record:

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

I personally think that Day 2 was halirious. Tazaro played very scumminly during that day and as a result, us scums managed to get an easy mislynch. At that point, I was confident that the scum faction would win. Turns out that wasn't the case, but still, it was a good try.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:56 am

Post by KageLord »

Yeah, as I said in the dead QT, I thought scum was going to win until the vezok lynch.
Show

Record:

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:41 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

The town was way overpowered.
Did the neighbors get randomly selected or did you choose to make the JK and the tracker in a night QT?

This was an impossible win for the scum but because of sotty 's death we lost right then.

Also TNM : Don't make the godfather do the kills. You should let other people to do stuff. Also because of the amount of power fake claiming is impossible.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

KageLord wrote:XD She can convert me any day. ;)
:twisted:

I did have fun screwing with the dead townies in the QT :lol: . All games should have dead topics, makes keeping up with everything once your dead much easier.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:43 am

Post by xvart »

Vezok - did you really not know that you were the Tazaro hammer? And I doubt that the Godfather
had
to submit the kill, but probably just had final say in the kill target in case of descent among the ranks; although, a good question would be if a scum could do both action and kill in the same night.

I also should have mentioned that when sotty claimed JK I was thinking about claiming some sort of JoAT role where I submitted my first doctor protection against Humble, in hopes that if I claimed some weak other roles when questioned the scum would leave me alone; but I could never get the claim down right where either the scum wouldn't know I was lying or I would eventually be detrimental to town.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by KageLord »

vezokpiraka wrote:The town was way overpowered.
Did the neighbors get randomly selected or did you choose to make the JK and the tracker in a night QT?

This was an impossible win for the scum but because of sotty 's death we lost right then.

Also TNM : Don't make the godfather do the kills. You should let other people to do stuff. Also because of the amount of power fake claiming is impossible.
It's true the town was overpowered, but it isn't as much as it seems like. For example, your watcher ability let you get rid of a cop before he got any good info and without putting you under too much suspicion. Also, having so many PRs makes town suspicious of them by default. If the xvart case could have been pushed more based on the 2 protective roles thing, he might have actually been lynched (bad luck that it had to be someone as town as xvart though... if the doc was q21, it probably would have ended in his lynch). I'm not saying scum weren't at a disadvantage, but it wasn't impossible.

And I would actually think that GF doing the kills is better. It makes it easier to explain if he gets tracked to the kill and the cop had already cleared him. He could claim a town PR. Besides, after cop death (assuming he hasn't already revealed info on GF), GF becomes a regular Goon.
Show

Record:

Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by Humble Poirot »

vezokpiraka wrote:The town was way overpowered.

Vezok. I don't think you realize how the game went. Although I agree with you that the town had a little too much strenght. Specially if the cop was sane, I don't think you appreciate the real chances you had at winning this game. If you hadn't tied yourself with your claim so early in the game there would've been a big probability of you guys winning. Also, If SSBF had lyched xvart when you were L-1 you guys could've killed the last of the PRs without much trouble and have SSBF win a 2-1 lylo after your unavoidable lynch.

You had to realize that claiming watcher early wasn't as great as you thought it was.

I'll admit though, If we had 12 pro-town players it would've been pretty hard for scum to win if scum wasn't extremely lucky with nightkills.

Another thing I agree with you is that mafia should be able to both kill and action. It's very limiting to take an ability from them if they have to kill because they can be easily found once they've claimed, if they can't perform their action.

xvart, I'm glad you didn't lie. Lying as town is awful. 99% of times is not only unnecesary but harmful. There's always the exception but I think it can possible in a smaller context where you have better knowledge of the situation.

Someone needs to remind totallynotmafia to post his thoughts about this game before he moves on and forgets all about it.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

We could have used the ability and kill but we found out this during night 3. At that point it didn't matter.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:46 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I think vezo has it confused, the mod wanted whoever was killing to be the one to send in the role PM, I don't think it was limited to the GF.

The town was massively over powered IMO because it would have taken some real luck to win this game for the scum team, not skill. Pretty sure the cop was sane since we did have a GF.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”