Open 226: Big Love - Game over! Town wins!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Switz wrote:Okay, wait, stop stop stop.

Unvote

Let's think about this. We're about to quicklynch Wacka, who is so fed up with the slow pace of this game that he is (childishly) replacing out. That doesn't read like scum. I feel like scum would threaten to replace out but not actually go through with it, or actually take the time to set up an argument. Maybe it's WIFOM and maybe it's counter to Wacka's meta, but it's enough to worry me.

We have 3 full days to look back on, with 2 confirmed scum and 5 confirmed townies to look at during that time. Right now, our ratio of town to scum is 10:2. Yes, we've had a bad few Days, but we have the advantage still unless we give it up by pushing lynches at breakneck speed.

So, let's do this right. Let's post cases, make arguments, and figure out what our best options are for toDay.

First off, my thoughts on the Day so far. It's only been a page since Night ended and we made it all the way up to L-2 on one of this game's players without anyone even posting a full case. I'll take part of the blame for this, since I jumped on Wacka without gathering any hard facts, but I think there might be scum involved too. Here are the players who voted Wacka just now, with their reasons.

Switz - Voting Robo without giving reasons or being aware of what was going on
Robo - No reason
Muthaa - Wagon growing, attempts to confuse the doc on D2(?)
David - Wacka's reaction to his votes
Enigma - Wacka's reaction = Appeal to Emotion

Of these four (other than me, obv), the scummiest is Robo. Pair that with this comment (bold mine):
Robocopter87 wrote:Listen, this game has been horrible, we were plain lucky with the first two scum being lynched. We all really gave up on this. Lets just finish this up instead of constantly discussing nothing and just lurking.

I don't care who is killed, lets just kill
someone
And this one, in which he decides to complain without doing anything about the problem:
Robocopter87 wrote:I hate how instead of having trouble finding scum because of all pro town players we are having trouble finding scum because everybody who is living is scummy so we don't know who to kill. We had this game in the bag. Day Two and two scum down.

Now this game is falling apart.

Its so Epicfail.
Now, in the interest of covering our bases, let's go back and see if there's a case on Robo throughout the game, and not just make a kneejerk reaction based on what we think at the moment.

HoS: Robo
Switz, you obviously don't understand.

We aren't going to catch scum by scumhunting. Not this time. I said it before, there is to many scummy things about each individual player to build a case on one person that outdoes all the other players.

I am willing to lynch Wacka due to his, "And Robo, don't screw this up for us :wink: "

Right there he basically claims scum. I know that calls me scum too but he knows hes going down. So why not take someone down with him? Since I am one of the scummiest players, he chooses me. Which is the obvious choice.

Now please, let us Lynch this scumbag.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:23 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Day Four, Vote Count #1

• Robocopter87 (mallowgeno, Sanxion, Wacka Alpaca) 3 L-4
    Wacka Alpaca (Robocopter87, Muthaa, DavidParker, Enigma) 4 L-3
Not voting: millar13, Mr.Sandman, smashbro_of_the_SSS, Switz, ZeroFang

With 12 alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch.

V/LA:

Activity Check!

millar13 and smashbro_of_the_SSS require replacement.

Prod Count:

smashbro_of_the_SSS - 2

chihuahua0, millar13, Muthaa, Pittbunny, Reverse Simplicity, Shattered Viewpoint, youngminii - 1

Deadline for Day Four is Tuesday, September 21st at 8pm UK time.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Sanxion
Sanxion
Goon
Sanxion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Sanxion »

Robocopter87 wrote:

Unvote

Let's think about this. We're about to quicklynch Wacka, who is so fed up with the slow pace of this game that he is (childishly) replacing out. That doesn't read like scum. I feel like scum would threaten to replace out but not actually go through with it, or actually take the time to set up an argument. Maybe it's WIFOM and maybe it's counter to Wacka's meta, but it's enough to worry me.

We have 3 full days to look back on, with 2 confirmed scum and 5 confirmed townies to look at during that time. Right now, our ratio of town to scum is 10:2. Yes, we've had a bad few Days, but we have the advantage still unless we give it up by pushing lynches at breakneck speed.

So, let's do this right. Let's post cases, make arguments, and figure out what our best options are for toDay.

First off, my thoughts on the Day so far. It's only been a page since Night ended and we made it all the way up to L-2 on one of this game's players without anyone even posting a full case. I'll take part of the blame for this, since I jumped on Wacka without gathering any hard facts, but I think there might be scum involved too. Here are the players who voted Wacka just now, with their reasons.

Robo - No reason

Of these four (other than me, obv), the scummiest is Robo. Pair that with this comment (bold mine):
Robocopter87 wrote:Listen, this game has been horrible, we were plain lucky with the first two scum being lynched. We all really gave up on this. Lets just finish this up instead of constantly discussing nothing and just lurking.

someone
And this one, in which he decides to complain without doing anything about the problem:
Robocopter87 wrote:I hate how instead of having trouble finding scum because of all pro town players we are having trouble finding scum because everybody who is living is scummy so we don't know who to kill. We had this game in the bag. Day Two and two scum down.

Its so Epicfail.
Now, in the interest of covering our bases, let's go back and see if there's a case on Robo throughout the game, and not just make a kneejerk reaction based on what we think at the moment.

We aren't going to catch scum by scumhunting. Not this time. I said it before, there is to many scummy things about each individual player to build a case on one person that outdoes all the other players.

I am willing to lynch Wacka due to his, "And Robo, don't screw this up for us :wink: "

Right there he basically claims scum. I know that calls me scum too but he knows hes going down. So why not take someone down with him? Since I am one of the scummiest players, he chooses me. Which is the obvious choice.

This defense is scummy because it just says,
I'm no worse than every other scummy person in the game."

Robo has a history with zaj, and it repeats with wacka. The move is to eliminate Robo (and if he's still scummy, then wacka) because this defense is terrible and the signs point to him for scum
Endless complexity from ceaseless simplicity.
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by ZeroFang »

So here's some questions we need to ask ourselves before we go on:
  1. Do we lynch one or both of robo and wacka and why?

2. If we only lynch one, which one and why?

3. If we lynch both, which one first and why?
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:18 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

I'd be interested to know what you think the answers to those questions are, ZeroFang...
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:55 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Sanxion wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:

Unvote

Robo - No reason

someone

Its so Epicfail.

This defense is scummy because it just says,
I'm no worse than every other scummy person in the game."

Robo has a history with zaj, and it repeats with wacka. The move is to eliminate Robo (and if he's still scummy, then wacka) because this defense is terrible and the signs point to him for scum
I would appreciate if you read what it said instead of just calling it scummy.

This isn't a defense. This is a statement. I'm not defending myself. There's no point to that at the moment.

Of course, I'm not vouching for my own lynch because that wouldn't help if I was Scum or Town.

Sanxion
Sanxion
Goon
Sanxion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Sanxion »

An argument for the invalidity of someone calling for your lynch is a defense. You reason we shouldn't lynch you because everyone else is just as bad. You where head to head with zaj, who flipped town yesterday. Now, I can grant you that TvT happens. But two days in a row in oddly similar ways? Just seems off. Maintaining position for now.
Endless complexity from ceaseless simplicity.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Tell me where I said we shouldn't lynch me because everyone else is bad. Do it.

DO IT.

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:38 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

drmyshottyizsik is replacing millar13. Please welcome him to the game!
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:40 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

/confirm,,, wow long game, may be a while before i can read the whole thing, but as i read I will still coment on current events
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:41 am

also if you guys don't mind, so I can jump in this game faster and easier, why are robo and waka scum?
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:43 am

and lastly have people claimed? and if so who?
#freeShotty
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:47 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Aaaaaaaaand RedCoyote is replacing smashbro_of_the_SSS. Welcome him to the game!
Show
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:51 am

RED!!!!1 HIIII!!!!! Ready to read this beast with me?
#freeShotty
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:19 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Well my friend, I'm certainly going to try. I would hope a kind, fellow townie would give me a good summary or point me toward important pages/posts so that I can get a quick start. This is my first lovers game, and I've only played in just a few open setups.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:23 am

Ya i asked for someone to catch me up too, i dont want to read 38 pages
#freeShotty
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, normally when I replace into a game, I do a long post consisting of notes as I've read the game. Due to the length of this game, I will most likely not be doing anything too extravagant. I will skim through the thread the best I can, but I suspect the town would want me to get into the game more than they'd want me to rehash dead old arguments and posts. I see the town is in a great position... so you're townie with me, right doc?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:26 am

I am part of the town yes sir, I just want to know if we've done a mass claim or not.
#freeShotty
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:41 am

Post by RedCoyote »

My initial, very basic read tells me that don, a player I do admire for his scumhunting in particular, may have been onto something in regards to mallow. I have only really looked over the last few pages and a little isolation, but I definitely want to analyze the vote counts some before I start swinging my weight around. I really just don't have the time to make that big of a move immediately, but I am not entirely sure I want either of these lynches to go through at the moment. If the only case against Wacka is AtE, then I am not impressed. I haven't seen much against Robo yet.

Anyways, I plan to make a better post Sunday or Monday.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:46 am

Me niether Robo seems like a scum pushed wagon with not much reasoning behind it, but wacka's wagon has a bit more meat behind it. And yes I was looking at mallow too.
Infact
unvote(if I had one)
Vote Mallow

he needs more pressure
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:49 am

care to join me red?
#freeShotty
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:12 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Actually, nothing important has happened on a specific page that I can think of.

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:14 am

but can you give me reasons for who you think is scum robo?
#freeShotty
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Wacka is scum for his replacement out post. It was bad. And so was the one after it.

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:36 am

Eh, he just sounds fucking pissed man, I really more and more am thinking mallow is scum, but ya wacka could be his partner
#freeShotty

Return to “Completed Open Games”