NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Benmage »

Also, while I've liked the newer posts by Wraith I also agree with what Xite and Gorrad are saying in regards to them. I dislike Wraith's defeatist attitude. I think in order to view his reads properly we need to see his flip. Which Xite has yet to say her daykill was fake....butttt wouldn't the VC reset if it was real?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Got off work.
Very tired.
Not posting tonight.
Or tomorrow.
Already said this though.
green shirt thursdays
@.@
@.@
Townie
@.@
Townie
Townie

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by @.@ »

Mysterio wrote:Ugh, my reads on this game are weak because of my own lack of activity, but Wraith seems like a no brainer lynch at this point, which makes things a bit easier. Once I have more free time, I'll make a full case on some of my other scum reads.
Why hasn't this post gotten any attention? This is scumtastic.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount 2.6

Wraith [8] (Xite, ConfidAnon, danakillsu, Gorrad, Mysterio, Robbnva, Hiphop, Benmage)

Mysterio [2] (Flinter, Singersigner)
Bunnylover [1] (@.@)
Hiphop [1] (Prozac)
UltimaAvalon [1] (UltimaAvalon)
dana [1] (Reck)
Prozac [1] (Shanba)
Flinter [1] (Wickedestjr)
ConfidAnon [1] (Bunnylover)

Not Voting [4] (Kise, Orochi, Sebguer, Wraith)

With 21 alive it will take 11 for a lynch and 11 for a no lynch.

In other news, no bites for replacing Orochi and Sebguer as of right now. Gonna go bump the signup thread and my replacement thread post. Tell your friends to replace, tell your enemies too.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Robbnva wrote:I believe, it would be a stupid thing to lie about...but now I'm intrigued...What game was this?
I don't remember the precise game (it was a verrrry long time ago :P ), but why does it matter? Especially if there's not point in lying about it. And, no the votecount would not change because it happens at the end of the day.
@.@ wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Ugh, my reads on this game are weak because of my own lack of activity, but Wraith seems like a no brainer lynch at this point, which makes things a bit easier. Once I have more free time, I'll make a full case on some of my other scum reads.
Why hasn't this post gotten any attention? This is scumtastic.
Go back and read my post 290
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Full description on how your daykill works, Xite, if you don't mind.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Xite91 »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Full description on how your daykill works, Xite, if you don't mind.
It's one shot
I say Kill: XXXX
It doesn't happen until a lynch occurs, and then both of them die.
That's all it does.

Oh shit.
Just remembered that I should probably do this
Unvote, vote: robbie

won't be needing that vote on wraith anymore
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

@.@
@.@
Townie
@.@
Townie
Townie

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by @.@ »

Are you serious? It's an extra lynch, basically, and you just wasted it on day 2 on a person that might be town? ::uberfacepalm::
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Xite91 wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:Full description on how your daykill works, Xite, if you don't mind.
It's one shot
That's all it does.

Oh shit.
Just remembered that I should probably do this
Unvote, vote: robbie

won't be needing that vote on wraith anymore
Seriously? In a normal game?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Xite91 wrote:
It's one shot
That's all it does.
This doesn't fit your attitude/actions between the "kill" and the VC. Reading those 4 or 5 posts, it really looks as though you're still in the process of figuring out just how your daykill works. The fact that you waited until after the VC to unvote is particularly suspect.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
@.@
@.@
Townie
@.@
Townie
Townie

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by @.@ »

UA, my main problem here is I don't see any scum motivation to fake the kill like that. The way I see it, it's just not an action I can see a scum making in the circumstances. What would he be trying to do, exactly? If he's scum, as you seem to be implying, the best reaction he'd get out of wraith is "bah, go town." (assuming he didn't think wraith is in a competing scum team, which is possible, but not exactly likely), which doesn't seem to be like something scum would go out of their way to do to draw attention to themselves.

There are, then, in my mind, three scenarios: One, he is faking it as town, he is telling the truth as town, or he is telling the truth as scum. Considering I think your analysis of his reactions and statements after the day kill is spot on, I'm pretty sure I think he's town faking. However, if that's the case, its a pretty elaborate fake that we have to wait til the end of the day to see if its real. (for the record I've been playing a long ass time, but I've never seen a day kill happen at the end of the day, with the day killed being still alive.)

Furthermore, I really do like the way wraith reacted to the day kill. Shrug. If nothing else its given us a bunch of interesting information.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Thats the worst part though, is I can't wrap my head around what he's done if he's lying. After spending the entire day saying "obvscum, he needs to be lynched." He does something that makes Wraith practically unlynchable for today, either because he's telling the truth and lynching him is as wasteful as a No-Lynch, or he's lying and we won't know until Wraith doesn't die.

I don't think "He's Town faking a daykill" is a possibility. He's either telling the truth, or Scum. As Town, there's absolutely no reason for him to take all the pressure off of his top suspect. As Scum, there's a couple of reasons, but they all assume they're buddies together.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by danakillsu »

If he was town faking a daykill, he would be doing it to try to keep Wraith alive. And if he wanted Wraith alive, he wouldn't have put his vote there for so long. So
unvote vote: Mysterio

I kind of like the case on him, and it's a good place to rest my vote while I try to figure out who besides Wraith is scummy.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Robbnva »

@.@ wrote:Are you serious? It's an extra lynch, basically, and you just wasted it on day 2 on a person that might be town? ::uberfacepalm::
Agreed, wasting a day kill on day 2 based on a hunch is risky

if he flipps town, just going to be bad news for Xite.

unvote
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
@.@
@.@
Townie
@.@
Townie
Townie

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by @.@ »

I think...I'm just going to let that situation sit there...for a while. I don't know fully what to think about it, and I probably wont until the end of today, so I think I'm just going to let it ruminate in the back of my mind.

However, it HAS helped me come to a conclusion about wraith. I do think his reactions are pretty town (that's not how I expect scum to react to a daykill, unless he was considering it could be fake, which would require a level of sophistication from him I have not seen thus far.) So I am not happy if xite is telling the truth, however, it seems like we shouldn't lynch him anyway.

In other news, mysterio is more and more ripe for a little pressure in my mind. His last post screamed "I'm trying to not play the game...Man, its a good thing someones already being wagoned and his lynch seems an inevitability!" which is not a town way to be playing the game, to say the least.

I'm also liking every post dana makes less and less. It really seems like he's just coasting through the game, not taking it in. If you do a quick read of his posts, every single one of them seems kind of tone deaf, as if he's not really paying attention to the game, and is overall disinterested in doing things to find scum.

Still don't like bunny for reasons stated. I'm probably willing to end up pressuring any of those three at this point. This is part of why I hate large games, I feel like there are so many people who I am not paying enough attention to.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Robbnva »

Mysterio wrote:Wraith sounds like a good lynch for today. His play has been everything other than pro-town, so he's most likely to be scum than anyone else at this point.

Vote: Wraith
this post by mysterio strikes me as odd.

using phrases like "sounds like a good lynch" amd "most likely to be scum" are slipups I have used in the past when I was mafia, so whenever I see them I am cautious of them

Vote mysterio
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Unvote

I'll be back tomorrow with more analysis, more suspicions, and a new vote on a non day killed player.

See you next time on "The Life and Posts of ConfidAnon."
@.@
@.@
Townie
@.@
Townie
Townie

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by @.@ »

I don't like robbs last post, but I do like some pressure on mysterio.

unvote, vote mysterio
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by Robbnva »

@.@ wrote:I don't like robbs last post, but I do like some pressure on mysterio.

unvote, vote mysterio
I can't seem to do anything right :facepalm:
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Xite91 »

@.@ wrote:Are you serious? It's an extra lynch, basically, and you just wasted it on day 2 on a person that might be town? ::uberfacepalm::
Uhm.... everyone in the game "might be town" first off. This screams that you're trying to look townie as scum.

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Xite91 wrote:
It's one shot
That's all it does.
This doesn't fit your attitude/actions between the "kill" and the VC. Reading those 4 or 5 posts, it really looks as though you're still in the process of figuring out just how your daykill works. The fact that you waited until after the VC to unvote is particularly suspect.
I waited until after the VC because that was when I remembered that I hadn't switched my vote? But I'm done with the charade, if was actually faked. For the record, though, other than me having a DK I didn't lie about anything I said about DK's (I have seen things like that ;) )
It was a simple gambit, in order to get a few things running.
1) I wanted more of a reaction from Wraith, but got almost no reaction. Trying to figure out what to make of that...
2) I was starting to realize how much focus Wraith was getting, but how a lot of other people were slipping under the radar, so I wanted to see some reactions from a few players. I'm going to go back and make a list of who I think are scum based on my "kill," but I can tell you that two of those people WILL be @.@ and Mystie.
3) I was hoping people would attack me for it, for more reactions, but there were few of these.
UltimaAvalon wrote:Thats the worst part though, is I can't wrap my head around what he's done if he's lying. After spending the entire day saying "obvscum, he needs to be lynched." He does something that makes Wraith practically unlynchable for today, either because he's telling the truth and lynching him is as wasteful as a No-Lynch, or he's lying and we won't know until Wraith doesn't die.

I don't think "He's Town faking a daykill" is a possibility. He's either telling the truth, or Scum. As Town, there's absolutely no reason for him to take all the pressure off of his top suspect. As Scum, there's a couple of reasons, but they all assume they're buddies together.
First, I was planning on telling everyone I lied after a good amount of posts, which would still make Wraith lynchable today.
Second, I wasn't trying to get all the pressure off my top suspect, I was trying to find more suspects.
danakillsu wrote:If he was town faking a daykill, he would be doing it to try to keep Wraith alive. And if he wanted Wraith alive, he wouldn't have put his vote there for so long. So
unvote vote: Mysterio

I kind of like the case on him, and it's a good place to rest my vote while I try to figure out who besides Wraith is scummy.
Dana is looking more and more scummy every post, I still want to say that him and Wraith are scumbuddies, but I have to re-analyze wraith first.
Robbnva wrote:
Agreed, wasting a day kill on day 2 based on a hunch is risky

if he flipps town, just going to be bad news for Xite.

unvote
Robbie is still scum too.

My vote stays.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I am super sorry I misjudged you Xite, I was going through this game thinking you actually knew your shit and how to play, but clearly I was wrong, cause I am not scum this game so you need to just backup and find somebody else to run up the tree.

I have half the mind to return the favor but I don't OMGUS vote, even if the person deserves it, and this case you do deserve it.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Benmage »

@Xite
whats the game with the daykill like this you've seen before.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
@.@
@.@
Townie
@.@
Townie
Townie

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by @.@ »

Xite91 wrote:
Uhm.... everyone in the game "might be town" first off. This screams that you're trying to look townie as scum.
Please learn2read, instead of attacking anyone without thinking. Clearly the point of my post is that you should have waited later than day 2. Day 2, your reads are not solid, you don't have a very good idea of who is town and who is scum. Something like an extra lynch is so valuable, and you threw it away on an early game read. Obviously everyone "might be town." Obviously that wasn't my point. Learn to not be dumb.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Xite what was your reaction when you read your role pm.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Robbnva wrote:I am super sorry I misjudged you Xite, I was going through this game thinking you actually knew your shit and how to play, but clearly I was wrong, cause I am not scum this game so you need to just backup and find somebody else to run up the tree.

I have half the mind to return the favor but I don't OMGUS vote, even if the person deserves it, and this case you do deserve it.
Wow, and you say you're not scum? I lol'd
Anyways, I do know my shit and how to play, way to try to discredit me... all because I'm making a case on you you're going to resort to insulting me? Sad.

You aren't OMGUS voting, but there's still OMGUS all over that post.

Benmage wrote:
@Xite
whats the game with the daykill like this you've seen before.
Read my last post and find out why it's not relevant. And like I said, it was a long time ago and I don't care to go find it.
And btw, if you HAVE read my post, comment on something a little more important plox.

@.@ wrote:
Xite91 wrote:
Please learn2read, instead of attacking anyone without thinking. Clearly the point of my post is that you should have waited later than day 2. Day 2, your reads are not solid, you don't have a very good idea of who is town and who is scum. Something like an extra lynch is so valuable, and you threw it away on an early game read. Obviously everyone "might be town." Obviously that wasn't my point. Learn to not be dumb.
Have you read my last post? It's a good read, full of love and betrayal, war and hate ect. :P
Anyways, I tend to stick with my early game reads throughout the game.

Prozac - Read the rest of the thread?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”