NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Robbnva »

Xite91 wrote: I waited until after the VC because that was when I remembered that I hadn't switched my vote? But I'm done with the charade,
if was actually faked.
For the record, though, other than me having a DK I didn't lie about anything I said about DK's (I have seen things like that ;) )
is this a typo? I am taking from the context that I guess
if
should be an
it

and pretty lame to fake a daykill
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Xite91 »

@.@ wrote:
Don't you think townies should try to avoid being lynched? Shouldn't they actively try to be pro town? Can you please explain to me the difference between "crying out for townie points" and "playing in a manner that is pro-town."

Furthermore, I had an in depth analysis of your post, and you think I'm scum based off of a knee jerk "oh wow, why did you just do something that stupid" post I made? It's not like I ignored the substance of the game to make that post.

In a large game, is it not normal for me to have a couple targets I think might be scum, and be willing to pressure anyone else if they end up looking scummy?

What is your problem with that stance?
1) You weren't really under suspicion, and you weren't defending yourself, you were just pointing out something that, when you said it, looked pro-town for what seemed like nothing else but to look town.
2) That last part had nothing to do with it. Again, read 1
3) That's not a problem, I do it too. but you said you "weren't liking robbs posts" but then said that you felt you should pressure mystie (two people that are under suspicion right now) No reason, no analysis, just ohai guys, I'm gonna vote now, but make sure that I can change my vote it the other wagon is the one that takes off.
4) read 3

singersigner wrote:
Wraith wrote:It was things like this, it was really only scummy because it seems like a cry for town points, but I'm gonna have to ISO you as well... damn, these cases are gonna take forever.
Are you really so stupid that you can't commit to one lynch for the day? Yes, there are more than one scum, but hello, we can't lynch them all at once. Why don't you concentrate on lynching one scum at a time, unless you're only pretending to care about grouping them all together.

All this speculation about scum teams is really making my head hurt. I wish people would stop posting as if everyone's reactions to everyone else is indicative to their alignment with one another. It rarely works that way because it all comes down to WIFOM. "Well if I were scum, why would I react this way to this person, etc."

@Xite...I would really just ask you to come up with a case that we can agree on today, or just stop pretending you can call out all the "scummy" actions of everyone else who even remotely disagrees with you. Also, I no longer think you know what you're doing as much as I did before.

That is all.
(fyi, my boyfriend edited this for me, sorry for drunk posting/reading through posts, I'll be in a much better mood tomorrow, just didn't want to forget how stupid that sounded, even though I'm not as sound of mind, and if he even thinks of counter-arguing my statement using my soundness against me...wudda bitch)
first, I said that, not wraith I think. Give credit where credit is due

I can commit to one lynch for the day, but that doesn't mean I can't put my cases out there. What if I get nk'd and I had a list of who I thought were scum and nailed it but never put it out there? Tunneling is not your friend, so please stop thinking it is.

It's not just people who disagree with me, in fact, the people that disagree with me and have a REASON for it actually look more townie to me. I'm looking at posts and reactions, that is all.

Also, no, I'm not going to attack your posts because you're not of sound mind, but I am going to advise you to not even read mafia when you're drunk, trust me, it does not turn out well (you forget all your perfect cases on people and the connections you made to them till the game is over :P )
flinter wrote:@Xite. Your idea about the Dana-scum theory is nice. He would expect david to investigate him, etc. He would know he himself was fake, and that's why scum wouldn't target dana. Good one

About Xite. You just became more protown (although the role is possible as scum. However, in a game where only the kill on DP remotely makes sense as vig, I doubt it). Scum would never fake this.
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but you really ought to work on thinking things out before you post, go ahead and read my posts again and maybe you'll understand better.

hey, you just became scummier. Townies read massposts almost every time, no matter how long they are.
Wickedestjr wrote:
Xite wrote:First, I'm going to take a look at wicked when you (Wraith) flip scum.
Xite wrote:If Wraith flips scum, wicked is probtown. This is too obvious buddying for them to be scum partners.
??? Explain this contradiction.
How far between were they? Did wraith post before that? Did you?
Probably what happened was that I saw the buddying wraith was doing and how you were defending and I thought you were a scumteam, but then I saw how much he was pushing his buddying with you, and I decided that he was just trying to get a mislynch for tomorrow.
Wickedestjr wrote:Benmage, Mysterio, and hiphop were the only three players that were on all three bandwagons and none of them were the early votes on the bandwagons so they all look opportunistic. Gorrad, Robbnva, and singersigner also look a bit bad. Xite, danakillsu, and Porochaz look a bit better, and ConfidAnon looks much better: He was the second on the Wraith bandwagon and also had the guts to put danakillsu at L-2. I'm going to read Benmage, hiphop, Mysterio, Gorrad, singersigner, and Robbnva in isolation.
Hey singer, gonna attack wicked too?
I mean, he's making way more than one case.
Robbnva wrote:
Gorrad wrote: Robbn is a poor player regardless of alignment, and that pings scumdars.
As much as I hate that you said this, sadly this is true about me

and @xite, you were right my post really wasn't about defending myself per-se cause you haven't provided anything of value against me.

I think it is funny that I use my own experiences in games and turn them into reasons why I think that person is scummy, yet that looks scummy. That doesn't make sense.

my reason for voting mysterio is a valid one. when mafia is pretending to be town, IN MY EXPERIENCES, they have used words like "seems" or "hope" and things like that. Never posting any actualy reasons as to why somebody is scummy, but my votes I post reasons why I think they are scummy and that is scummy? :roll:
You're right, I'm working on it, but I'm also working on moving, working, and doing other things IRL. I set aside tonight for just mafia, so I will have a case for you then.
danakillsu wrote:So, uh, fill me in, because I can't find this anywhere. Why is Wraith not being daykilled instead of lynched? I thought we agreed we had to lynch someone else because of the daykill.
So uh, dana. Read massposts. They're worth it.

Robbnva wrote:
danakillsu wrote:So, uh, fill me in, because I can't find this anywhere. Why is Wraith not being daykilled instead of lynched? I thought we agreed we had to lynch someone else because of the daykill.
he claims it happens towards the end of the lynch, which makes no sense cause he has now started voting for wraith again, why lynch him if he is going to die anyway.
Robbie, I know this isn't the first time I directed you to read that post, because you keep insisting how true my dk was. You're selectively reading, which makes me believe that you're scum even more

Robbnva wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote: Post 58: Robbnva decides Xite is no longer a good scumhunter because Xite suspects Robbnva. Not liking that response at all.
you misunderstand, not cause he suspects me but because he is so sure on his reads without anything to validate them. Accusing me without any reason and daykilling wraith(although now it looks fake) wraith with again no intel if he really is scum or not.

A smart player would not be so reckless.
And what would validate them other than a flip? Are you saying we should just nokill every day and watch the nk's every night? Cuz that would be real effective for catching scum :roll:

Wraith wrote:Was the daykill fake? I'm confused.
Wow wraith, you too?

Shanba wrote:Let's get this sorted.

Xite, were you lying about the daykill? If not, why are you still trying to lynch Wraith? If you are, why did you lie?
Read. The. Goddamn. Thread. I gave reasons for everything I explained everything and I won't again.

UltimaAvalon wrote:
ATTN: Players!
Xite wrote:I'm done with the charade, it was actually faked.
It was a simple gambit, in order to get a few things running.
Reading Comprehension is an amazing skill
I lol'd but you left out the reasoning ;)

@Wicked about hiphop - Also, he never went anywhere with the wagons, so what info do we have from them?
Also him not stating WHO his case would be on added an awesome amount of ambiguity to his case.
Robbnva wrote:
Xite91 wrote: I waited until after the VC because that was when I remembered that I hadn't switched my vote? But I'm done with the charade,
if was actually faked.
For the record, though, other than me having a DK I didn't lie about anything I said about DK's (I have seen things like that ;) )
is this a typo? I am taking from the context that I guess
if
should be an
it

and pretty lame to fake a daykill
Yes, it was it, sorry?
also, did you read the reasoning? And did it get a lot of discussion and much better scumhunting? ;)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Robbnva »

You got discussion but not sure the scum hunting is paying off for you like you hoped
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:37 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Xite91 wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
ATTN: Players!
Xite wrote:I'm done with the charade, it was actually faked.
It was a simple gambit, in order to get a few things running.
Reading Comprehension is an amazing skill
I lol'd but you left out the reasoning ;)
As far as the post was concerned, the reasoning wasn't important. I couldn't believe how many people still had no idea it was fake. It's like they're ignoring entire posts altogether. What's even funnier was people asking even after I posted that. I even fixed the typo, since (again, Reading
COMPREHENSION
) the sentence didn't make sense with "if", so it had to be "it".
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:43 am

Post by singersigner »

Xite wrote:first, I said that, not wraith I think. Give credit where credit is due
Yeah, my bad, it totally was you. I just got the quote tag wrong, but the post was meant to be directed at you, not Wraith, anyway.
Xite wrote:It's not just people who disagree with me, in fact, the people that disagree with me and have a REASON for it actually look more townie to me. I'm looking at posts and reactions, that is all.
(this is also in regards to your snide comment about Wicked ISOing players) Maybe I've just interpreted your posts wrong, but it seems to me that you're willing to throw any player under the bus if they disagree with you, that's all. Like, you're the most townie of townies that anyone who disagrees with your logic must be scum.
Xite wrote:I can commit to one lynch for the day, but that doesn't mean I can't put my cases out there. What if I get nk'd and I had a list of who I thought were scum and nailed it but never put it out there? Tunneling is not your friend, so please stop thinking it is.
It's funny that you think I have any strong opinion about tunneling. One, because you very much tunneled D1 with Frank, and are/have been doing much of that with Wraith. Two, because I think whatever helps us catch scum is effective, so it's a shame that you're willing to just write-off a scum-hunting technique that when done correctly and in the right way, can really help town.

Basically, it doesn't seem like you're willing to allow a pattern of scummy play to form before completely ISOing someone. You make it seem like you've caught scum, but then "keep other people in your line of sights." In all honesty, with this many people, someone's bound to just make one scum-slip that you just have to catch and call them out for, not try to build a case on whatever you can find. To me,
that's
scummy.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Robbnva »

The problem I see is X wants wraith dead and he wants people to vote him off but anyone who votes for him gets accused of being opportunistic, band wagoner, or some other scum label

if I switch my vote back to wraith, I'm scum
if I leave it where it is I'm scum
if I vote someone else I'm scum

but in reality whatever I decide to do is based on my own thought process and I will deal with the comments as they come in

right now i'm on my phone so i'm in no hurry to do anything but once I get back to my pc, I'll read up and decide what I want to do.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Gorrad »

Wicked: No, it was in response you your asking me to point out posts in which Mysterio attempts contribution.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:41 am

Post by flinter »

@xite. I know it was slightly different from your theory, but this had the same information and the same conclusion. I thanked you for getting that idea. There was no sarcasm.

@wicked. I'm pretty sure that I don't understand what you want from me. I'll try another time to respond at it, but in case this doesn't answer it, please don't requote that piece of text, but ask direct questions. It is not my habit to continue to attack someone I'm already voting for. I think this tactic to be very good at achieving mislynches on players that are less good at arguing and playing the game. I'd rather observe, and scumhunt. I don't like tunneling, and for me (and the person which I would be accusing) it is totally ruining the game. That person would have to defend every pointless point I brought up, and I would be focussing on one player, while we are playing with so many.

wait, wicked, is it your problem that you don't see what I'm thinking? As my vote seems to switch in an unnatural way to you? In that case, a scumlist from me would help, right?
please, don't kill me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Lowell in for Orochi as soon as he posts.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by danakillsu »

unvote vote: Wraith

Yeah...that was really stupid Xite. It accomplished nothing good.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Robbnva wrote:You got discussion but not sure the scum hunting is paying off for you like you hoped
Did I not? Did people start looking at people other than wraith?
Go back and read what happened. There were people looking in other places for sure because they realized they shouldn't be voting wraith anymore if he was going to die anyways. I saw some good points put out too.

singersigner wrote:1) Like, you're the most townie of townies that anyone who disagrees with your logic must be scum.
Xite wrote:I can commit to one lynch for the day, but that doesn't mean I can't put my cases out there. What if I get nk'd and I had a list of who I thought were scum and nailed it but never put it out there? Tunneling is not your friend, so please stop thinking it is.[/quote
2) ]It's funny that you think I have any strong opinion about tunneling. One, because you very much tunneled D1 with Frank, and are/have been doing much of that with Wraith. Two, because I think whatever helps us catch scum is effective, so it's a shame that you're willing to just write-off a scum-hunting technique that when done correctly and in the right way, can really help town.

3) Basically, it doesn't seem like you're willing to allow a pattern of scummy play to form before completely ISOing someone. You make it seem like you've caught scum, but then "keep other people in your line of sights." In all honesty, with this many people, someone's bound to just make one scum-slip that you just have to catch and call them out for, not try to build a case on whatever you can find. To me,
that's
scummy.
1) [selfmetaignorablerant]Haha, no I wouldn't be surprised if I got lynched sometime during the day. People always find me scummy, but for the most part it is effective. And I don't call out everyone that disagrees with me. I call people out for the way they post and what they say. I tend to be a read between the lines player[/selfmetaignorablerant]
2 and 3 contradict each other, therefore I will not respond to them until you decide which one you're going to go with.
Robbnva wrote:The problem I see is X wants wraith dead and he wants people to vote him off but anyone who votes for him gets accused of being opportunistic, band wagoner, or some other scum label

if I switch my vote back to wraith, I'm scum
if I leave it where it is I'm scum
if I vote someone else I'm scum

but in reality whatever I decide to do is based on my own thought process and I will deal with the comments as they come in

right now i'm on my phone so i'm in no hurry to do anything but once I get back to my pc, I'll read up and decide what I want to do.
Not true, I don't accuse anyone that votes him, just the ones that do it in a scummy way. Cry more.
flinter wrote:@xite. I know it was slightly different from your theory, but this had the same information and the same conclusion. I thanked you for getting that idea. There was no sarcasm.
Oh, okay. Sorry you confused me a bit.
Flameaxe wrote:Lowell in for Orochi as soon as he posts.
Sup NK buddy? :P
danakillsu wrote:
unvote vote: Wraith

Yeah...that was really stupid Xite. It accomplished nothing good.
read through this post and lemme know if that's still your opinion.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I got nothing from your post, was I supposed to? I know the only thing you have done from your fake day kill is to not trust your opinions anymore and to keep an eye on your posts more cause to me faking a day kill is scummy.

Just a couple of things

what do you consider voting in a scummy way? (btw I wrote that as if it was me but i guarantee you some people are probably thinking about this themselves.)
you really don't think that faking a day kill is scummy?
I would not make jokes about NK buddies, not funny and very suspicious
cop even agrees what you did was stupid and accomplished nothing.
I have no freaking clue what the hell flinter is even talking about, info out of context really doesn't come across very well
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by danakillsu »

It is still my opinion, in fact. Robbnva kind of beat me to the punch. Why did we need to post our suspicions of other people when we already have a lynch candidate for the day. That would only give scum more information. So yeah, what you did was good...for scum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Robbnva »

danakillsu wrote:It is still my opinion, in fact. Robbnva kind of beat me to the punch. Why did we need to post our suspicions of other people when we already have a lynch candidate for the day. That would only give scum more information. So yeah, what you did was good...for scum.
yeah it basically derailed the lynch and now some people are not sure if they want to go back to it.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Wraith »

I can't understand how you all can still believe I'm scum after all the smart posts made in my defense by people like Wicked and Shanba. But if you all want to be gullible, be my guest.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Porochaz »

test post for flay.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by singersigner »

Wraith wrote:I can't understand how you all can still believe I'm scum after all the smart posts made in my defense by people like Wicked and Shanba. But if you all want to be gullible, be my guest.
This post is silly. It reeks of AtE.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by singersigner »

Porochaz wrote:test post for flay.
Uh, what?

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by singersigner »

Hahaha, I just got burned by the preview edit post saying "you cannot make a post so soon after your last one." I had to wait two seconds. lol.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by singersigner »

Xite wrote:1) [selfmetaignorablerant]Haha, no I wouldn't be surprised if I got lynched sometime during the day. People always find me scummy, but for the most part it is effective. And I don't call out everyone that disagrees with me. I call people out for the way they post and what they say. I tend to be a read between the lines player[/selfmetaignorablerant]
2 and 3 contradict each other, therefore I will not respond to them until you decide which one you're going to go with.
1...reading between the lines is good, but be careful about misrepping people. That can have a very negative affect indeed.
2...I don't get it...how are you interpreting that as a contradiction?

I like tomatoes.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Robbnva »

excuse my ignorance but AtE means?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Appeal to Emotion

Also, Im having problems in that I am able to edit my posts from page 39 onwards. I havent, but flay is trying to sort it out for me.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
@.@
@.@
Townie
@.@
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by @.@ »

singersigner wrote:
Wraith wrote:I can't understand how you all can still believe I'm scum after all the smart posts made in my defense by people like Wicked and Shanba. But if you all want to be gullible, be my guest.
This post is silly. It reeks of AtE.
This isn't an appeal to emotion so much as it is an appeal to authority "LOOK! Shanba and wicked defended me and they wouldn't be wrong!" as well as an ad hominum. Sorry, this isn't really game relevent by I like to get fallacies correct.

To make it more game relevant, I think SS is so town that it hurts.
@.@
@.@
Townie
@.@
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by @.@ »

oh, prozac, I don't know why you can't just play ignoring the fact that you can edit. It's not really effecting the game or you, so long as you don't use it. I trust you.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

And it's not like you'd get away with it all that smoothly anyway. :D
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”