Newbie 1002: Nowherevilletownplace (D3)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by el simo »

FrozenAeon wrote:But it's not about his abillity to play the game. If that were true I'd be the first to go. This is about the fact that he's suspected everyone in the game so far and even if he is town, listening to him will get us all killed.
Since when do we listen to anyone? :lol:
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Zenken
Zenken
Townie
Zenken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Zenken »

el simo wrote:
Anyone can influence anyone's suggestion, how else do you think Advertisement's work?

If the Mafia were smart, tonight they wouldn't kill Furcolow, he's too obvious, and just causes problems. Which is bad for town. He doesn't inspire anything in anyone playing here. He isn't a leader. If the Mafia were smart, they'd be targeting el simo and Bazz, plain and simple. The Voice of common reason are always the first to go.

This is why I choose Furcolow as our Lynch, He causes waaay to much disharmony to be of real use later on in the game, even -if- he is a power role.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I am a cop.
I will be the kill, I am your shield.
What more do I need to say to prove to you that I am going to be dying in the night, or protected by a medic?
If we lynch a roleblocker, you will know that there is actually a cop, which is ME, and we will be able to coordinate better to find the last scum in the night if you could continue to protect me.

If there is not a medic out there, and if there is, even if I get mislynched remain hidden

I am suspicious of people wanting to lynch a claimed cop
Zenken and FrozenAeon
either of them is a good lynch in terms of sheer gameplay and proper strategy in this game
you do not lynch an uncounterclaimed cop in this setup, no way.
50% of games will have a cop, and definitely not 100% will have a cop claim. The fact I was claiming at 1 person away from my lynch on L-1, makes me confirmed town, if anything.

Please use your brains, guys, this is a plea for us to be united
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by el simo »

Zenken wrote:
el simo wrote:
Anyone can influence anyone's suggestion, how else do you think Advertisement's work?

If the Mafia were smart, tonight they wouldn't kill Furcolow, he's too obvious, and just causes problems. Which is bad for town. He doesn't inspire anything in anyone playing here. He isn't a leader. If the Mafia were smart, they'd be targeting el simo and Bazz, plain and simple. The Voice of common reason are always the first to go.

This is why I choose Furcolow as our Lynch, He causes waaay to much disharmony to be of real use later on in the game, even -if- he is a power role.
Yes but we are not making advertisements we are playing a game and in this game everyone has already concluded that Fur is useless and to be ignored. We gain nothing from lynching him other than losing a potential cop. Keeping the cop in the game will be a mistake on scums behalf because the roleblocker isn't always going to be present, as soon as he is gone, if he even exists, he is going to be an immediate danger.

As for killing him off, this is just a waste at this point. We gain nothing from lynching him. The only reason he is disturbing the town is because every post he makes you and every other dick tom and harry decided to break his post down word by word and harass him. Nobody is taking his suggestions seriously and if you just ignore his OMGUS and move on we can hunt real scum instead of throwing away this lynch.

And Zenken if the mafia are smart they will kill Fur off tonight, my and Bazz can't win the game ourselves, we are no bigger threat than you or Maddie. But all of this is a waste of time because you are purposely ignoring the fact that if they don't have a roleblocker than they have to kill him off.

By pushing his lynch you are screwing the town over in numerous ways, for starters you are purposely lynching someone who you believe to be town, why any townie would see reason to do that I don't know. Secondly you are wasting a lynch on someone when you could be actually scum hunting and using that lynch on someone who could actually be scum and lastly you are preventing us from gathering more information about the set up. This
is
vital information that we won't get if we just lynch him now, even if he is the cop.

I would be very surprised if scum weren't on the Furcolow wagon, not only is he an easy mislynch but he is a claimed cop and if we lynch him for them we are saving them a night kill. We have more than a 50% chance that he will be shot tonight and wasting a lynch on him is just anti-town.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Seconded!
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by sykedoc »

Trouble in replacementville... news on this shortly.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Kanashimi »

I agree with el simo, Furcolow's faith is already decided. We should start making our reads on everyone right now, and try to find a lynch target in common for today. I'll start doing mine soon.

Now i have a question directed only to
el simo
. Everyone else should ignore it. If anyone that is not el simo retore it i'll simply ignore it.

@el simo; The point i'm trying to tell here is that even if we think people are town they can be scum. And Furcolow is indeed a very dificult player to read, because when a player is lurking or simply play really bad is hard to tell if his actions are scummy. E.G. if one or two people started voting you, and you OMGUS'ed them this would be considered a scummy thing to do but we just ignored it on Furcolow's case. What i'm trying to tell is that even if we don't lynch him, we can't simply ignore him until the end of the game. We have no ways of telling he is really the cop.
Also, notice how many times he talk about a hooker and see how sure he is that a hooker really exists. This is one of the things that make me believe this may be the 7 Townie Setup.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by el simo »

I don't see a question there but I'll try respond as best I can, tell me if I miss the mark.

You are correct, Furcolow is a very hard player to read, his actions have been scummy and we can't just ignore him until end game. How ever he has been consistently scummy and as much as I'd like to lynch him, this reads to me more as more of a play style then of a tell. And yes there is no way of telling if he really is the cop, not yet at least. I'm hoping certain events will be forced to take place tonight do to with our set up, and if this does then all will be revealed in the morning. It's a gamble but we have nothing to lose from it and even in the worse case scenario we have still gained information. Lynching him day 1 is premature.

I'm not saying that he is a townie, or the cop or even scum, because at this point it is too hard to say. He's claimed cop and he deserves a chance to prove his claim. I'm not asking to keep him in the game and not lynch at all, but rather just to postpone it until we have more information.
FrozenAeon
FrozenAeon
Townie
FrozenAeon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by FrozenAeon »

If he turns out to be mafia, I'm voting you next. You've told us how scummy you think he is and then backed off as soon as he was about to be hanged. Now you tell us to wait until tomorrow and blamed all of his scummy actions on his playstyle. I noticed how you completely ignored the setup thing.

I'm almost positive you're scum with Furcolow. He's the roleblocker, and you're his mafia goon partner.
"Quick to judge, quick to anger
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand"
~Rush, Witch Hunt
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by el simo »

Yes that's probably because I realized lynching a claimed cop who wasn't counter claimed is not really productive for the town.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by el simo »

Also not sure what you mean about 'the setup thing.'

And while you're at it, care to explain why calling for his lynch and then backing off is indicative of scum? The logic works backwards to what I normally use in this sort of situation. I don't really understand it.

Oh and I never blamed it on his playstyle, I just said it was consistent with it. I did say I still found him scummy and that I still want to lynch him, just not until he's been given a chance to prove his claim.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by Furcolow »

my flip would prove my claim
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Kanashimi »

Yes, that's all i've been try to say el simo, and you said it in perfect words.

@Furcolow When you say your flip... You mean your death?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Yes. If you all lynched me, you would know as I know that this is one of two setups. Townies, me, and the scum, or a doctor, townies, me, and the scum. it's one or the other.

if there is a medic out there, you need to protect me.
if you are town, you need to do some scumhunting.
i will be dying tonight if there is not a medic, so we need me alive to figure out the setup. if i don't die, it is because they roleblocked me, or they believe they can get me lynched. f they do that, though, i'll be able to safely say someone's role tomorrow, so they won't risk that imo.
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:31 am

Post by ooBAZZoo »

@ Zenken - Just before you placed your vote on Furcolow you said:
Zenken wrote:But I guess I can't stop the claims against me for looking "Too scummy". And if it's time to start pushing my vote before the noose comes down.
I'm not positive what you mean by either of these sentences. Please could you elaborate.

Also, regarding your vote on Furcolow, you said "He causes waaay to much disharmony to be of real use later on in the game, even -if- he is a power role."
Am I right in saying you are in 100% support of a policy lynch?

---

@ Furcolow - you said:
Furcolow wrote:if you are town, you need to do some scumhunting
but
you
have done nothing other than whine about your position as a cop (which still hasn't been proved) and placed OMGUS votes on anyone who has voted you.
How about you do some scumhunting of your own.
(even if you are a cop, you still have to contribute to the town's scumhunting during the days)
x
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:34 am

Post by ooBAZZoo »

@ Sykedoc - Any news on replacements? At the moment we've only got 7 active players, which isn't helpful when nearing one week until the deadline.
x
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count:

Zenken- 2 - el simo, Furcolow
Furcolow- 2 - Zenken, FrozenAeon
MightyDarkZero- 1 - lobstermania

Not Voting:
MightyDarkZero
ooBAZZoo
Kanashimi
Maddie

9 alive, 5 to lynch
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Nikanor »

P.S. I'm the backup mod and sykedoc asked my to post that so don't freak out.
You should have active players by tonight, whether they are the original players or their replacements.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
MightyDarkZero
MightyDarkZero
Townie
MightyDarkZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:01 am

Post by MightyDarkZero »

And so, the replacement officially arrives. I still have to read the topic to catch up, but I can probably get that done by the end of the night. With my schedule and my inability to actually remember to do things, I may not be posting as often as some people like so try not to go crazy with that.

Short version: /confirm
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Furcolow »

1) we need to lynch someone who isn't a claimed power role, as a random lynch > a no lynch on day 1 for town
2) we should consider lynching someone who is inactive/in need of replacement as their slot cannot be held accountable
3) if i need to, i will attempt to do analysis, but i really am a cop, and i really did just wake up. i am posting in this game FIRST.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:25 am

Post by el simo »

And Zenken > random lynch.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Furcolow »

agreed
Kanashimi
Kanashimi
Goon
Kanashimi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Kanashimi »

He really sounds like a good lynch. Also i'm formulating other FoS'es, and i already have 2, but i will give more information maybe tomorrow.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Sorry all. I got side-tracked by my real life and figured I had been replaced here. As long as I'm still included, give me an hour and I'll re-read the thread.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by el simo »

lobstermania wrote:Sorry all. I got side-tracked by my real life and figured I had been replaced here. As long as I'm still included, give me an hour and I'll re-read the thread.
Will be glad to hear from some more players.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”