Mafia 119: MURDER AT HOTEL DEATH(GAME OVER)

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Pom wrote:HOWEVER: I'm not saying that there necessarily are no scum within the two pairs of neighborvigs.
I know.

That was something I didn't catch. If that's so, I'm the minority, because I'm a VT myself.

Claim: Vanilla Townie

I'm claiming to put things into perspective here and supplement my math. The better we can categorize these neighborvigs, the higher chance town has to catch scum. So, sorry for those that think I'm fucking things up with the PRs.

So there are at least SOME VTs, if at least 1-3 or 1-4. I'm willing to bank on this being the case, though, since this is a pretty large game (probably one of the largest Sera has modded) and he wouldn't have made that mission without including this as his newest experiment.

I'm willing to back off for now. Going back onto my biggest suspicion.

Unvote, Vote: Espeonage

I would still say that scum is around the 1/4 mark and having 3 or 4 scum is ludicrous. But now the chance of there being all 4 town neighborvigs or 3 town/1 scum neighborvigs just got a whole lot higher. High enough to justify being more careful with the neighbors.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Seraphim »

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result."

Vote Count

NicolBolas(0) -
Jack(3)
– NicolBolas, SnakePlissken, Nero Cain
vezokpiraka(0) -
curiouskarmadog(1)
– Looker
Stef(0) -
horrordude0215(1)
- Stef
Espeonage(6)
– vollkan, CooLDoG, a2rudeboy, Pomegranate, vezokpiraka, DemonHybrid
vollkan(0) -
CooLDoG(0) -
Nero Cain(1)
- Jack
zwetschenwasser(2)
– Espeonage, horrordude0215
a2rudeboy(0) -
Pomegranate(0) -
Looker(2)
– zwetschenwasser, curiouskarmadog
SnakePlissken(0) -
PranaDevil(0) -
DemonHybrid(0) –
totallynotmafia(0) -

Not Voting(2)
– totallynotmafia, PranaDevil

With 18 alive, it is 10 to lynch
Deadline: September 16, 2010, 12:00 pm, Central Time
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Here's more of an indication:
Seraphim in the special rules section wrote:2. As a corollary to rule 1, all role PMs, with the exception of the vanilla town PM(if they exist), are unique from a flavor perspective.
"(if they exist)"

I'm willing to believe this new revelation.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

EBWOP: Post #250
DemonHybrid wrote: I would still say that scum is around the 1/4 mark and having 3 or 4 scum
neighborvigs
is ludicrous. But now the chance of there being all 4 town neighborvigs or 3 town/1 scum neighborvigs just got a whole lot higher. High enough to justify being more careful with the neighbors.

You want this one.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Sorry guys I've been pretty sick the last few days, I'll get up a proper post in a bit just avoiding replacement for the moment.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

I was reading through the past few pages when I came across something that I must have missed before:
Looker wrote:Regarding your question: I voted Nero Cain to have a genuine RVS on the board.
This confuses me... to have a genuine RVS? Explain more please, because looking back, I see you voted him to "unrandomize your vote". How can you have an un-random RVS?
Looker wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:didnt have to tell you
jack
I think we've found your post restriction.
I'd love for you to elaborate please.
Looker wrote:If we don't lynch curiouskarmadog, SnakePlissken I want you to Watch one of the four claimed neighbor-vigs.
Did you just point out a possible crumb for everyone to see? Especially when it's that of a power role, it seems REALLY scummy to me.

Unvote, Vote: Looker
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

3 points.

1, I am not a neighbor vig....we have a vig like ability, not going to say it again.

2, Unfornately, I would be willing to be that there are scum amoung the neighbors.

3, I also would be willing to bet there are more neighbor pairs.

lol, oh now my neighbor partner show sup..can we please not lynch anyone until we get some proper stances/content/thoughts from him.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Wait, what the fuck, CKD? So you aren't a neighbor?

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

EBWOP: I think I misunderstood: You ARE a neighbor, but you're not a VIG; you just have a vig-like -ability-.

You want this one.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

He was being picky, I think... Calling them Vig Neighbors is inaccurate. They are Neighbors that can kill basically :lol:
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

*prodded*

I'm back. Catching up. will post tomorrow.
This is Klazam's old account.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Stef »

Prodded. My account has been inactive up till now so that's the reason for my inactivity. Will reread and post my thoughts as soon as possible.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by singersigner »

Nero Cain 114=agree.

Jack 108 looks like the same thing you’re saying Snake is doing…

And now more strawman in 115

121 I like that vollkan is posting HUGE WALL O TEXTS…but then I’m going to want a vote to back it up.

CKD’s 122…*sigh* something like that, yeah. But you failed to mention (several times I might add) that it’s one-shot, so no, scum doesn’t get “extra” help if I die and you are, in fact, part of the scum faction. Dumb ass.

Horrordude’s 131 is a little unsettling when he agrees that CKD should’ve claimed today. I disagree, and almost think that CKD is part of the mafia faction because he decided to make that decision on his own. And not reading the Role PM very carefully apparently, since we can only use it ONCE. I think Horror is buddying with CKD on this one…

Espeonage’s 132…stop with the “reaction rousing” already. That’s anti-town because you mess with the townie’s ability to accurately call out scum.

Zwetschenwasser’s 138 is interesting, and makes me think that one of the two of them is scum (this theory only works if their “neighbor” faction doesn’t know each other’s alignment as well), along with CKD (and
I
say this confidently knowing I’m town aligned, but also understanding that the rest of you have no way of knowing)
(kept reading and saw Espeonage’s 141…I agree with this theory)

Jack’s 154: why is Pom scummy?

183: GAH. Can you please stop being cryptic about this? I’m so not trusting you right now.

Prana and DH are being silly.

Why Looker felt the need to call out Snake’s breadcrumb in 192 is beyond me. Be a little more subtle next time, hmm?

CKD’s 208=WIFOM.

Prana’s 213 doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t agree that we should hide how many times we can use the ability.

217: CC’s are always necessary.
DemonHybrid wrote:I want TNM's replacement's thoughts on this whole situation when he/she comes in.
I hope this is sufficient. ;)

I think Pomegranate’s 249 makes a lot of sense with Seraphim’s meta, and definitely something to keep in mind…

Horror’s 255 is SO. MUCH. QFT.

I don't trust him anymore...VOTE: curioskarmadog
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by Looker »

Who are you, singer.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Uh....singer?

Is that Nicol posting under SS's screenname?

I hope so.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

singersigner wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:I want TNM's replacement's thoughts on this whole situation when he/she comes in.
This isn't making any sense.

You want this one.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Singersinger replaced TNM.
How obvious does it need to be?
Let's get back to espy lynch and end the day.
I want to see the neighbours in action.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ah yes, it seems the Mod hasn't announced that I replaced TNM...which would explain why TNM posted AFTER I got his replacement confirmation PM...
Sorry guys, I usually get a "hey, I'm here, thoughts up soon!" post up right when I find out I'm replacing, but this time I figured the game was so short that I could just catch up before the day was done...and now I'm assuming that since TNM hasn't posted the entire game until now (it's been at least a week since his activity last I heard), the replacement still stands?

Otherwise...sorry for the confusion?
vezokpiraka wrote:Singersinger replaced TNM.
How obvious does it need to be?
Let's get back to espy lynch and end the day.
I want to see the neighbours in action.
lol. QFT.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:12 am

DemonHybrid wrote:Wait, what the fuck, CKD? So you aren't a neighbor?
where the fuck did I say that??????
curiouskarmadog wrote:3 points.

1, I am not a neighbor vig....we have a vig like ability, not going to say it again.

2, Unfornately, I would be willing to be that there are scum amoung the neighbors.

3, I also would be willing to bet there are more neighbor pairs.

lol, oh now my neighbor partner show sup..can we please not lynch anyone until we get some proper stances/content/thoughts from him.
WE ARE NOT A VIG!!!!!!...We are still neighbors with a vig like ability....

I was correcting people...people keep saying neighbor vigs...we are not neighbor vigs...we are neighbors with a vig like ability...there is a HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE HERE!?!?!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:13 am

DemonHybrid wrote:EBWOP: I think I misunderstood: You ARE a neighbor, but you're not a VIG; you just have a vig-like -ability-.
ok...ignore the above post I guess.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:38 am

singersigner wrote:
CKD’s 122…*sigh* something like that, yeah. But you failed to mention (several times I might add) that it’s one-shot, so no, scum doesn’t get “extra” help if I die and you are, in fact, part of the scum faction. Dumb ass.

Horrordude’s 131 is a little unsettling when he agrees that CKD should’ve claimed today. I disagree, and almost think that CKD is part of the mafia faction because he decided to make that decision on his own. And not reading the Role PM very carefully apparently, since we can only use it ONCE. I think Horror is buddying with CKD on this one…

CKD’s 208=WIFOM.

Prana’s 213 doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t agree that we should hide how many times we can use the ability.

217: CC’s are always necessary.

I don't trust him anymore...VOTE: curioskarmadog
OMG FUCKING GOD
THERE IS A REASON I DIDN’T MENTION WE WERE A ONE SHOT YOU ASSHOLE, just in case you weren’t scum, I didn’t want to let scum know that…why the fuck did you think it was a good idea to tell everyone that?….as town, you should have understood why I WENT OUT OF MY WAY REPEATEDLY NOT TO TELL EVERYONE THAT...the fact you dont see why, is telling. and yes, if you (as scum) kill me tonight, and we don’t agree on the shot, you get to kill alone…the fact you are trying to paint that as anything else is bullshit or an out and out lie!!! so yeah, if I die tonight and we dont use the shot together, scum get "extra help".

I am going to go ahead and claim fully…because SS, is painting the picture that is untrue…and he obviously wants the kill…

So for you guys who wanted the full god damn name.

Town Neighbor one-shot CPR Doctor, now it should be quite obvious why a.) I didn’t want to claim fully b.) why I didn’t want to give you my full name, and c.) why I said "vig like".

The reason I decided to claim, is because right out of the gate, my neighbor partner in the thread last night, said.

“About the game, I'm thinking that there may be a lot of neighbourhoods like ours seeing as ours has a name, and maybe each one has a different PR and scum are in some of the neighbourhoods (if you're scum you should totally tell me, I promise I wont tell anyone!), which would be a pretty interesting setup as scum could try and influence the PRs.

I think that CPR doc is better used as a vig, especially in this case, because if you're scum you can just change where the NK goes...but then again you could do that with the vig target as well...I guess if you were scum you could just NK me though and get control of an extra kill, so because that seems a little bit too easy for scum I'm thinking you're more likely to be town at this stage anyway....”

My reply was this.

“ok, I think you are probably correct that the game is divided up in a bunch of neighborhoods..or at least several neighbors. I havent quite decided what I think we should do with vig/doc protect...you are correct that if one of us is scum (of course I am not) we could change the NK...HOWEVER, if we get a cop claim, and we both decide use it on the claimer, and he doesnt die, it buys us town creds does it not, plus, we might get another investigation that way....if he dies and someone else is killed, that means scum was tipped off...

I also think we should be open (mostly) with the town about our ability. Meaning, I think we should tell them we have a one shot vig ability. this way, if one of us dies, and a mysterious "vigging" occurs, they know where it came from. I dont think we should mention (AT ALL) about the doc ability.

if you are scum, I wonder about balance issues....it doesnt seem fair to give scum an additional kill....if you pop me off in the night...you can use the vig?...see why I want to claim that part?”

That was it for the communication.

I didn’t like the fact he wanted to use a potentional doc protect as a vig.

I didn’t trust my first neighbor…and I think this guy is scum. I wanted to be open and honest with the town, so if something happened, someone was accountable…I upset your plans…..you want people to believe as scum, I would come out with this information page 1, and not try to use it to my advantage?...bullshit, scum bag.

Unvote vote singersigner
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:52 am

Post by vollkan »

Esp wrote: Vezok is one of the hardest people to read. But from my (two? I think. I lose track.) game(s) with Vezok this is fairly town.
How on earth are you able to get a town read from his play here?
CKD wrote: i have yet to see a game where vezo is anything other than a VI...his unthought out vote is a null tell...i would be surprised if he has even read the game
@Vezokpiraka:

Please post 25 words outlining your opinion on each player without using the words "gut", "feels", "vibe", or "tone".
Pomegranate wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
"This is a triumph. Making a note here, huge success!"
For once, I actually know what's being referenced!
It must be hard for you to overstate your satisfaction at knowing the reference.
PD wrote: I still don't like that there was a claim, but unlike Vezo I can see that announcing 4 scum as joint vigs would be a terrible play as it only needs two of them to get offed to prove that the rest have to be scum (and if we lynched one today then it wouldn't take long for all 4 to go down). So at best one of those 4 is scum. (I actually think them all being town would be overpowered for the town too, so I feel it's more inclined to be one as scum, or even the second group tagging onto the original claim, as I still stand by that 3 kills a night could destroy the town before the town actually get a chance to truly scum hunt).
I think you're pretty much right.

It's a ridiculous gambit for 4 scum to make, and it seems overpowered for town to have two vig neighbour pairs. One or two might be scum, but definitely not all four.
PD wrote: Anyway, at the moment Vezo has been bugging me but I can't quite put my finger on it just yet.
You can psychically detect a lobotomy patient?
DH wrote: I mean, call me a metaholic, but at first I found Jack to be null based on past play, but I'm leaning heavily in favor of it being a town vs scum exchange. My read on Jack is based solely off of my read on Espy.
Makes sense. You see Espy as scum and you see their argument as scum v town. Therefore, Jack is town.
DH wrote: Two mis-read statements show nervousness/lack of care in this game among her other traits.
This is your only reason for suspecting Pom?
Esp wrote: I agree that we should lynch one of the meighbours and that it should be from the second pair. But I think it should be zwet other than Pom. It was unneccessary for him to claim. He could be jumping on to the townieness in which case both are scum or he claimed because he is the scum member of the pair when the town half wouldn't claim in that position unless they were stupid. I hardly think zwet is stupid (yet) and so I think he would be better to lynch than Pom.
Prematurely claiming to jump on townieness is a stupid strategy for scum in zwet's position. It draws attention and will fuel NK speculation.

And, while it's true that a town neighbour had no reason to claim like zwet did, I don't see why that makes zwet scummy, because it's not a strategy that has any discernbile benefit for zwet-scum (ie. I think it's just a stupid play no matter what his alignment).
Vezok wrote: DH or espy is scum. I believe espy is the scum because DH cares about himself more.
Scum don't care about themselves? :S
Pom wrote: 1. I'm not saying that it's not likely that there's one mafiate in there- it is, I guess- but I wouldn't assume it. Also, as far as the bolded part goes, check out something I found on Seraphim's wiki page:
Seraphim's wiki page wrote:I have decided to commit myself to a mission: games that combine complicated, mostly no-vanilla setups along with mechanics that favor scumhunting to create games that generate interest in both phases.
I think that that would put your calculation as to the number of VTs and PRs all off.
That's very interesting. The vig-neighbour thing fits exactly with that state mission. If the mod has this stated policy, it throws what I said above about the likelihood of various scum and town neighbour combinations into complete disarray
DH wrote: That was something I didn't catch. If that's so, I'm the minority, because I'm a VT myself.

Claim: Vanilla Townie
How do you think that your claim has been beneficial to the town?

On the latest CKD-Singer one-shot claiming fiasco:

I am siding with CKD here. A one-shot CPR neighbour pair is not the sort of PR that it is unreasonable to claim, at least in light of CKD having reason to suspect his neighbour.

Also, Singer has failed to give any convincing explanation as to why she thinks CKD is scum. The "he didn't read his role PM" thing is really just stupid.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:31 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I feel that all the players are townish. This is gut.
I get a weird tone from CKD post. It gives me a bad vibe.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:44 am

Post by vollkan »

vezokpiraka wrote:I feel that all the players are townish. This is gut.
I get a weird tone from CKD post. It gives me a bad vibe.
How do you think posting useless bullshit like the above is even remotely pro-town?

This is not a case of me getting angry that you are a newb - it's that you plainly playing in a obnoxiously useless way. If you aren't going to accede to what is a perfectly reasonable request then please replace out and make way for somebody who isn't the mafia equivalent of a troll
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:49 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I need flips to analyze people.
The above post was a joke because it had 25 words and the 4 words you told me not to use.
I think karmadog is scum but i can't say anything know because I don't have flips and wagons to analyze.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”