Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:23 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm almost tempted to vote BJ for the novelty factor. Almost. But I realize it's not helpful.

I'm going to wait until we get replacements (which should hopefully be fairly quickly) for bamboomancer and roland (and see how they act) until I place a vote.

I'm also trying to decide if it is in town's interest for me to claim-I probably have the most information about the set-up right now of any player in the game, but I don't want to reveal information to scum.

I'll let EmpTyger decide if he has any other concerns about me (hopefully after he gets a good night's sleep) before answering his quesitons.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:03 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Huh. Apparently, he isn't after all... Never mind. Still looking for 3 replacements, then.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:42 pm

Post by Puzzle »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Puzzle wrote:You know, Mr Flay, for someone who pays attention to details from the mod, the following sounds very ignorant to me :
Mr. Flay wrote:
Unvote: Puzzle
claim seems to be uncontested by the majority, and night investigations can take care of it anyway. Strange game, in which claims have almost no downside...
I still think lynching is a good idea today, but will need to reread a bit to get a better sense of how the landscape has changed.
You paid very good notice to what the mod made public and used it as a (fair) basis to attack me but you here seem to ignore details about my claim that clear me :
- you do not understand why people drop my wagon.
- you still call for inspection on me.
Your apparent non-knowledge of what makes my claim believable earns you a
big FOS Mr Flay
. Vote stays on Thok though.
I admit I went back and looked at your claim, but I don't see what you're getting at. So a couple of people have cleared you based on the wording of your claim - does that mean everyone's PMs are worded the same? I doubt it... wouldn't that make the game even more breakable than a Mass Claim?
You doubt it ? Shouldn't you know it's not the case if yours is different ?
And, I suspect *everyone*, until they're proven to me. If I still want to investigate you, I think that's my right, don't you think? I'm not saying I'm going to, but you seem to consider your claim a done deal. We haven't heard from many players yet (which is a totally different problem). I count these who haven't responded to it:
  • Bamboomancer
  • dybeck
  • d_rouge
  • Iammars (functionally, anyway)
  • Mastermind of Sin
  • rolandofthewhite
  • Swinkee
From that list, the highest on my scum radar are MoS and Bamboomancer, but I've already been around the block with MoS.
Vote: Bamboomancer
; he's already set up the idea that he'll be no good at investigation.
There is a difference between keeping suspicions and wanting to orientate investigations.
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:29 am

Post by VisMaior »

im beginning to think that a mass-claim could prove fruitful here. We dont have to fear outing special roles as even if they exist, we are pretty powerful on ourself. Any toughts on this?
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:22 am

Post by Puzzle »

VisMaior wrote:im beginning to think that a mass-claim could prove fruitful here. We dont have to fear outing special roles as even if they exist, we are pretty powerful on ourself. Any toughts on this?
Yes, I got wagonned for saying this earlier.
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:40 am

Post by Thok »

VisMaior wrote:im beginning to think that a mass-claim could prove fruitful here. We dont have to fear outing special roles as even if they exist, we are pretty powerful on ourself. Any toughts on this?
Almost all info that would be gotten out of a mass claim would be gotten from me claiming. At the very least, I want to be the first person to go in a mass claim.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Puzzle wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
Puzzle wrote:You know, Mr Flay, for someone who pays attention to details from the mod, the following sounds very ignorant to me :
Mr. Flay wrote:
claim seems to be uncontested by the majority, and night investigations can take care of it anyway. Strange game, in which claims have almost no downside...
I still think lynching is a good idea today, but will need to reread a bit to get a better sense of how the landscape has changed.
You paid very good notice to what the mod made public and used it as a (fair) basis to attack me but you here seem to ignore details about my claim that clear me :
big FOS Mr Flay
I admit I went back and looked at your claim, but I don't see what you're getting at. So a couple of people have cleared you based on the wording of your claim - does that mean everyone's PMs are worded the same? I doubt it... wouldn't that make the game even more breakable than a Mass Claim?
Good lord, how dense are you?
I don't know what your PM says
, or anyone else's, so how can I know whether or not they're worded differently? Unless you're claiming mason with another civ, or scum outright! Do you want to compare PMs? You quote first...

I think you're fishing for anything you can use, and I don't like it, personally. You've been trying to run this day ever since we started, despite the fact that your
vaunted
numbers have been wrong on numerous occasions. I wasn't trying to "direct" investigations on anyone; I've already said I think we're better off not revealing who our targets are for tonight. Any other inanities you'd like to utter, Puzzle?
Thok wrote:Almost all info that would be gotten out of a mass claim would be gotten from me claiming. At the very least, I want to be the first person to go in a mass claim.
Err, what? You have the names of all 20 civs in your PM? :shock:

Either I've completely lost track of what's being "claimed" in this Day, or there's something fishy going on. Being as it's Page 16 or whatever, I'd not be surprised either way (short days benefit scum, but overlong days can obscure the truth, too).
Retired as of October 2014.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:53 am

Post by Puzzle »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Puzzle wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
big FOS Mr Flay
Good lord, how dense are you?
I don't know what your PM says
, or anyone else's, so how can I know whether or not they're worded differently? Unless you're claiming mason with another civ, or scum outright! Do you want to compare PMs? You quote first...
Alternatively, you could have read my claim...
I think you're fishing for anything you can use, and I don't like it, personally. You've been trying to run this day ever since we started, despite the fact that your
vaunted
numbers have been wrong on numerous occasions. I wasn't trying to "direct" investigations on anyone; I've already said I think we're better off not revealing who our targets are for tonight. Any other inanities you'd like to utter, Puzzle?
Hum, yes : how about trying to lynch someone who wasn't on my wagon, if I appear to be townie due to details in my claim. Big enough inanity ?
Thok wrote:Almost all info that would be gotten out of a mass claim would be gotten from me claiming. At the very least, I want to be the first person to go in a mass claim.
Err, what? You have the names of all 20 civs in your PM? :shock:

Either I've completely lost track of what's being "claimed" in this Day, or there's something fishy going on. Being as it's Page 16 or whatever, I'd not be surprised either way (short days benefit scum, but overlong days can obscure the truth, too).
I would agree on Thok name-claiming next, to begin with. :)
Commodore Amazing
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:43 am

Post by HezLucky »

Mass claim won't get us anywhere UNLESS only vanilla civs are being used. There are 16 vanilla civilizations. There are 16 MORE C3C/PTW civilizations.

If so, the scum will be outed quite quickly. If not, it's a wasted lynch on a non-vanilla civ.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:46 am

Post by Astronaut »

Thok wrote:Almost all info that would be gotten out of a mass claim would be gotten from me claiming.
You're saying you're a pro-town expantion pack civ, right?

Even if this is so, I'm not 100% opposed to a mass claim. This would be useless if scum are given safe claims from mod, but there's also the possibility that we've got unused civs, and scum would have to guess which ones those are. If this is the case, it'd be harder for them to make a correct guess now when we're still all alive. Then again, there's the point of waiting till we've found someone scummy and make them go first. I'll leave the math to someone else...
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:43 pm

Post by Thok »

Astronaut wrote:
Thok wrote:Almost all info that would be gotten out of a mass claim would be gotten from me claiming.
You're saying you're a pro-town expantion pack civ, right?
Since somebody has come out and said this, I'll name claim since there's no use protecting the info anymore.

I am Hannibal, of Carthage (to be precise, the Carthaginians) from the PTW expansion. My unique unit is the Numidian Mercenary-it's stats are consistent with what Puzzle suggested for his unique unit, in the sense that I can visual a reasonable algorithm to guess the stats of a unique unit from his data, mine, and the current level of tech.

I'll claim more if necessary (or desired), but I think this is enough data to determine whether a continued role claim is a good idea. Notice that I've been consistently complaining about people who ignored the possibility of expansions. I do not know whether or not we have Conquests Civ's in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did.
Vesuvan
Vesuvan
Goon
Vesuvan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:35 pm

Post by Vesuvan »

[quote=Mr Flay]does that mean everyone's PMs are worded the same? I doubt it... [/quote]

O... kay...

The townie role PM's are structured in such a way that suggests that, except for the "flavor text" bit being different, all townie role PM's are very similar.

I think you just slipped up, Flay. Either you're scum, or you have a non-standard townie role PM, or I'm reading too much into one sentence in the townie role PM that I would assume is in the other townie role PM's which suggests a standardised structure.

Unvote, Vote: Mr Flay
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:44 pm

Post by armlx »

I also noticed a much earlier minor slip up that I mentally excused by Flay. I can't remember where a month later, but

Unvote

Vote Mr. Flay
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:23 pm

Post by Astronaut »

EmpTyger wrote:The presumption has been that a civilization is innocent; a barbarian guilty. I’m not willing to be certain it’s that cut-and-dried. (For one thing, again, if it is, then we may as well massclaim right now.)
That does it for me. Major slip-up or seriously bad play.

vote: EmpTyger
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:57 am

Post by Puzzle »

Astronaut wrote:
EmpTyger wrote:The presumption has been that a civilization is innocent; a barbarian guilty. I’m not willing to be certain it’s that cut-and-dried. (For one thing, again, if it is, then we may as well massclaim right now.)

Mod said Barbarians = evil guys. Please explain your case.
Commodore Amazing
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:20 am

Post by d8P »

Easy. He *is* a barbarian but doesn't want to be lynched. C'mon people that's one too many. Let's not give out any more info, hm?

Why the unvote, Vesuvan?
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:45 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Puzzle wrote:Well, claim time, I guess, although I would have liked more inputs and positioning from Lurker & Co.

I am Hammurabi - Babylonians.
I started with units everyone have available + the Bowman (Unique Unit, as I understand, 2/1/1) already available. However, I built a horseman 0/0/2 for the reasons I already explained.

There is a bit of flavour at the beginning of my PM, which I can detail if necessary.

Is it ?
It looks like I'm going to be lynched because what Puzle & Vesuvan are saying is too obvious, in my eyes. Puzzle's claim doesn't contain the exact wording as my PM, so therefore I didn't assume they all would be worded the same. Maybe the fact that I don't have my UU yet is the difference here, Vesuvan?

Meanwhile, I don't understand why d8P doesn't want us to lynch someone if they're a barbarian. And one too many WHAT?
Unvote: Bamboomancer, Vote: EmpTyger
Retired as of October 2014.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:48 am

Post by VisMaior »

Meanwhile, I don't understand why d8P doesn't want us to lynch someone if they're a barbarian. And one too many WHAT? Unvote: Bamboomancer, Vote: EmpTyger.
What are you talkin about? d8P already votes EMPTyger...
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:50 am

Post by d8P »

I meant that Emp's made one too many slip ups. I think Emp *should* be lynched.
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:51 am

Post by Astronaut »

Puzzle wrote:
Astronaut wrote:

You just explained my case for me. The rules (and my role PM) state that Babarians = scum. Emptyger in his post #345 doesn't seem so sure about this. You could also check out the EmpTyger quote in inHim's post #344.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:29 am

Post by Puzzle »

Astronaut wrote:
Puzzle wrote:
Astronaut wrote:

You just explained my case for me. The rules (and my role PM) state that Babarians = scum. Emptyger in his post #345 doesn't seem so sure about this. You could also check out the EmpTyger quote in inHim's post #344.
That's all I was looking for. Thanks.
Commodore Amazing
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:31 am

Post by Puzzle »

"Preview" != "Submit"...

Unvote Thok, vote Emptyger
Commodore Amazing
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:07 am

Post by armlx »

Screw it. I'm just gonna try to get this over with.

Vote EmpTyger

This als has to do with me finding the Flay mistake then realizing it wasn't a mistake after all. Durf....
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:08 am

Post by armlx »

Forgetting something?

Unvote Mr Flay
Vote EmpTyger