Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:27 am

Post by CSL »

Macavitar, try bolding it...
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 5.5 - The "Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold." votecount.

Macavitar (4) -
Hasdgfas,CSL,Unsight,diddin

Unsight (21) -
MagnaofIllusion

MagnaofIllusion (1) -
Macavitar

Not voting (3) - Thor665, Mina, RichardGHP

Mina has been prodded.

With 9 alive it takes 5 lynch
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Mina »

*crawls in sheepishly*

To be honest, I think I've been putting off thinking about this game because I haven't wanted to make the hard choice yet. And the truth is that I've just been getting more and going in circles more.

You know? I'm going to try something different tonight. Just making lots of short posts as ideas or questions come to me. Otherwise I get distracted and start procrastinating.

Macavitar, let me ask you something:

1) If you were in our positions, would you lynch yourself?

2) You've claimed that you wouldn't have pulled a claim like this out of your ass if you were scum. Imagine you
were
the last Lannister, and Cow came. How do you think you would have reacted?

3) If we lynch you today, who should we vote for tomorrow? How do you think we should proceed?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

RichardGHP wrote:Oh my God. It isn't rocket science, Cow.
Neither is
explaining your reason
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by CSL »

Richard, explain your reasoning why he should paraphrase. You won't get what you want until you do.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Someone has claimed to be looking for Cow, by way of mason recruitment.

Cow has not revealed any of his Role PM at all.

Put the fucking pieces together.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

so you basically want something like this:
hasdgfas wrote:
mina wrote:Cow, there's nothing whatsoever in your PM to suggest that there's a mason out there looking for you, is there?
Nope, nothing at all.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I would like a paraphrase regardless.

I knew if I had to spell it out for you, then you would simply decline my request and quote what you said in response to Mina. :S
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by CSL »

And we'd like it now, hascow, as some of us want this Day to end...
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by Macavitar »

<3 Mina. These questions are ridiculous, but I'll do my best.
Mina wrote:1) If you were in our positions, would you lynch yourself?
I know I'd be hemming and hawing at least as much as the town has been here. Yes, there is evidence against me, but it's also explainable. I'd hope that I'd actually continue to do the scumhunt-y thing and do some real digging to see if the "condemned" really is the scummiest player.
Mina wrote:2) You've claimed that you wouldn't have pulled a claim like this out of your ass if you were scum. Imagine you
were
the last Lannister, and Cow came. How do you think you would have reacted?
Well, Richard's assessment of me is quite correct. In previous games, I've done my best to be ridiculously precise when playing a scum endgame. I'd likely have taken a while to come up with a claim that fit perfectly, probably something that is unsinkable. If I were scum, a fake-claim including Brienne is dangerous both if Brienne isn't really in the game or if I did claim to target someone who is actually Brienne. My claim was my first post of the day, so it wouldn't have hurt me all that much to have taken some time, checking up on things (breadcrumbs, if they affected me, for example). Instead, I posted my claim immediately when I saw hascow's vote on me, and claimed as completely as I could, with a claim that is not "safe" in any way.
Mina wrote:3) If we lynch you today, who should we vote for tomorrow? How do you think we should proceed?
Don't do it! I'm going to withhold my answer so that you have to keep me around to find out!

Fine, here you go. Magna and diddin definitely seem the scummiest to me. A cross-kill is way too much to hope for at this point. The best outcome is that both families attempt to kill the same person, which is not exactly enough to escape the LYLO-without-cross-kill tomorrow, but it helps. (5-1-1 instead of 4-1-1. Mislynch on 5-1-1 could lead to either 2-1-1 [kingmaker-ish] or 3-1-1 [game definitely not over yet], under a 2nd same kill.)

There's one other point I'd like to make: While being outnumbered by the town, there is a benefit for the scum to keep each other alive at this point. So, there's either going to be one of the uncleareds not scumhunting, or one of the uncleareds might be dealing with some sort of cognitive dissonance of actually thinking that person X is scum while trying to get person Y lynched. If you can find any sort of evidence or read of that, that might be a great scumtell at some point. I kind of worry that Magna is showing signs of this as regards me.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:59 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Mina wrote:To be honest, I think I've been putting off thinking about this game because I haven't wanted to make the hard choice yet.
What ‘hard choice’ are you putting off?
Richard wrote:I would like a paraphrase regardless.

I knew if I had to spell it out for you, then you would simply decline my request and quote what you said in response to Mina. :S
Why do you care? The only Town reason I can think is that you want to be sure that you believe Mac’s claim is fake. And if that is the reason Cow’s statement that he has no Mason knowledge should suffice. Both Lannisters and Greyjoys have had Godfather flips so the possibility of a false scan on Cow is no-existant.
Mac wrote:So, there's either going to be one of the uncleareds not scumhunting, or one of the uncleareds might be dealing with some sort of cognitive dissonance of actually thinking that person X is scum while trying to get person Y lynched. If you can find any sort of evidence or read of that, that might be a great scumtell at some point. I kind of worry that Magna is showing signs of this as regards me.
Care to explain how I’m showing signs of that in regards to you? I’m not trying to get you lynched since I think your claim is too specific and fragile if Briene was not in the game. I’m not stating I think you are scum – that group falls to Unsight (Greyjoy) and Mina / diddin (Lannister). And finally I am voting for the person I think is scum – Unsight.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Mina »

Right now, my family is here for Rosh Hashanah, so I don't have much time to post (doing this from my phone). I probably won't get the chance for a big post until Friday.

Just to clarify, the mods confirmed in our QT that he was 100% innocent, and not potentially investigation-immune. Apparently, even a godfather would have appeared as guilty had he been tested by the gods.

Magna, I thought the "hard choice" should have been obvious. Um...the only choice there is to make? Hammer Mac (or give the okay to someone else to do so, since apparently I set the deadlines here)? Because sadly, Mac is probably acting least scummy out of all the players remaining in the suspect pool, and he's the one with his hands on a dead body.

This will make Unsight suspect me even more, but I'm actually considering lynching a player in the Greyjoy pool today. There are fewer Greyjoy candidates than Lannister ones (although I'm making the generous assumption that Unsight isn't a Greyjoy). Lynching one of Magna and CSL gives us a 50-50 chance of hitting scum, even ignoring the chance that they might be Lannister.

The problem is that no one seems to agree on whom we should lynch if we don't get rid of Macavitar today. Half think diddin and Magna and the other half think CSL and Unsight.

When I get a chance to post from a computer, I'll have lots to say about MagnaofIllusion.

But just a couple of points that I don't need the quote function to make:

-You realize that there's a huge gap between your explanation for Unsight's motivations if he's a Greyjoy and if he's some other alignment? You show that his behaviour is optimal for a Lannister and town...but a Greyjoy would behave that way
if he thought he could survive three lynches
. Do you really think that you, me, AND CSL would be lynched before him? (Mind you, now I'm second-guessing myself and coming up with explanations for his behaviour...but I'll keep them to myself for now.)

-Why exactly can't Unsight be a Lannister? Because you're so sure that it HAS to be me or diddin, simply because your partnership analysis couldn't rule either of us out? (For the record, I can defend myself against your D3 case if people are interested, and explain what my reads on xvart, dana, and I doubt it were. I just haven't bothered because I wasn't on the table as a lynch option and more interesting stuff had happened. But I thought you misrepresented some of my behaviour. For example, you have to be shameless or selectively reading the thread to accuse me of
trying to get CMAR lynched
after his BP claim on D1.) Weren't you the one who said he fit as one before? (You just hadn't reread him because you were so sure he was scum already.)

I was actually looking for something particular from those questions, Mac (as I was when I asked about your night choices). You didn't fall for my first trap. I was hoping you'd slip and forget VP Baltar was making the decisions on N3. Your answers are reasonable (and fair point about the roleblocker), although I still think a townie shouldn't be so worried about drawing negative attention when he can easily justify his behaviour afterward.

Macavitar, you thought my questions were ridiculous
before
?

How's this? Make up the ultimate role claim. Go on.

I've just claimed that you're scum, and asked you to full-claim. You know that the name-cop is dead. You are scum who killed Mikujin last night.

What is the ultimate fakeclaim, that doesn't risk disaster if you're counterclaimed?

You've said you could make a safer claim. Prove it.

If, Macavitar is actually acting
less

Hey, diddin.
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Macavitar »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Mac wrote:So, there's either going to be one of the uncleareds not scumhunting, or one of the uncleareds might be dealing with some sort of cognitive dissonance of actually thinking that person X is scum while trying to get person Y lynched. If you can find any sort of evidence or read of that, that might be a great scumtell at some point. I kind of worry that Magna is showing signs of this as regards me.
Care to explain how I’m showing signs of that in regards to you? I’m not trying to get you lynched since I think your claim is too specific and fragile if Briene was not in the game. I’m not stating I think you are scum – that group falls to Unsight (Greyjoy) and Mina / diddin (Lannister). And finally I am voting for the person I think is scum – Unsight.
No, you have been pretty consistent in stating that you don't think that I'm scum. With everyone else either thinking I'm likely scum, or at least wavering back and forth, your stance seems out of place. This is why I'm thinking that you might be exhibiting the whole cognitive dissonance thing I'm talking about. However, I can admit that this may be the everyone-thinking-I'm-scum paranoia setting in.

By the way, I'd still like to know what you would have done if CMAR
hadn't
claimed the BP-shot notification thing.

----
Mina wrote:Right now, my family is here for Rosh Hashanah, so I don't have much time to post (doing this from my phone). I probably won't get the chance for a big post until Friday.
L'shana tova! Enjoy your apples and honey. My roommates and I are doing a nice meal (including kugel!) tonight.
Mina wrote:Just to clarify, the mods confirmed in our QT that he was 100% innocent, and not potentially investigation-immune. Apparently, even a godfather would have appeared as guilty had he been tested by the gods.
Interesting. The way Eddard talked about it in thread, it was a "sane cop investigation" which would have cleared a GF. Of course, we have two dead GFs anyway, so this is a moot point.
Mina wrote:Macavitar, you thought my questions were ridiculous
before
?

How's this? Make up the ultimate role claim. Go on.

I've just claimed that you're scum, and asked you to full-claim. You know that the name-cop is dead. You are scum who killed Mikujin last night.

What is the ultimate fakeclaim, that doesn't risk disaster if you're counterclaimed?

You've said you could make a safer claim. Prove it.
Haha! Hilarious. Give me some time to work on this magic fake claim. Any rules you want me to follow?
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by diddin »

Hey, Mina.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Unsight »

Excuse the blatant prod avoidance but I don't have much to say right now.

As a side note, I just realized I typed this in here 3 hours ago and forgot to hit submit.
Games are meant to be fun.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

sure, paraphrase, fine

Although I'm a pretty deadly warrior, nobody gives me the respect I deserve, as I'm a woman.
When I set myself to a task, I put my entire body and soul into it, making sure I finish it as best I can. This allows me to focus on following someone during the night in order to see where they go.

Nothing at all about a mason searching for me.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Cool. I'm good to hammer Mac now.

Any objection?
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Macavitar »

FFS, Richard, at least let Mina finish her questioning.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Don't you have a magic fakeclaim to prepare?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by CSL »

No hammering. Mina posts first.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I love how Mina is the center of this game's universe.

Carry on.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by CSL »

Lol. I find that humorous.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm excited, I finally got a town vibe off Richard. Only took 92 pages.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by CSL »

And 101 posts.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O