singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:05 am

Post by singersigner »

silverbullet999 wrote:-Singer
how does post 597 and 601 equal scum. Its great that you point this out but please enlighten me as to the reasons.
Your speculation on night kills is also a little disturbing to me and I find it ironic that you feel that Equi should have been killed... and then hey guess what the night kill for today is.
I also still don't like how night got extended for you... a push on deadline? I can understand... but night? hmmmm
1. Hey yeah, I know I didn't give a lot of actual nitpicking with my post, so bascially what I understood from those two posts in particular is that in 597 your defense reeks of AtE, and then in 601 the post itself isn't terribly scummy, but then you post a lot of fluff (along with not understanding where the AtE is coming from), that's making me think you're not actually capable of defending yourself, no offense.
2. I'm not really understanding what you're trying to get at. You're kind of hinting at a whole lot of WIFOM there, and that's unsettling. If you really thought about it, you'd realize that huge townies and scum-hunters are the biggest threats to scum. What peeked my interest was why Equinox wasn't seen as a threat until the second day he was here.
3. You'd have to take that up with the mod. I specifically asked him not to prolong the deadline for me, so if you think you're going to use that as a case against me, think again.

@Gammagooey...WoT is Wall of Text. I mean, I know mine wasn't as impressive as other walls with quote tags and such, but as I was under pressure to make my analysis, I felt like giving the post numbers instead of just quoting everything would save everyone a lot of eyesores reading through all the quotes, etc.

@drmyshotty...I'm not an idiot. If I see you posting your defense/reasons for questions I've posed to you, in response to someone else, I'll see it. You don't have to post it twice just to reiterate your weak reasonings. Btw, that's really not a good reason for posting "woah, surprise." You can think it in your head, but my question is why you felt the need to
post your surprise for the rest of us to see

Also, I know I said I'd fill in the posts links when I had the time, but I'm getting the feel that anyone who's actually going to do any reading/scum-hunting has already sifted through and done that themselves. I'd rather not waste my time with people who aren't going to follow up on that, if that's ok...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:23 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

1. Hey yeah, I know I didn't give a lot of actual nitpicking with my post, so bascially what I understood from those two posts in particular is that in 597 your defense reeks of AtE, and then in 601 the post itself isn't terribly scummy, but then you post a lot of fluff (along with not understanding where the AtE is coming from), that's making me think you're not actually capable of defending yourself, no offense.
2. I'm not really understanding what you're trying to get at. You're kind of hinting at a whole lot of WIFOM there, and that's unsettling. If you really thought about it, you'd realize that huge townies and scum-hunters are the biggest threats to scum. What peeked my interest was why Equinox wasn't seen as a threat until the second day he was here.
3. You'd have to take that up with the mod. I specifically asked him not to prolong the deadline for me, so if you think you're going to use that as a case against me, think again.
1. 597: I'm still not seeing how saying... I'm not going to plead to not be lynched... I'll gladly die to prove equi wrong and show the scum in her... and an added benefit of confid being thrown in... (Whom I both believed were scum... more-so equi) is at all ATE. If i was like guys i give up.. lynch me or w/e I don't care.. or went ok I'm playing a bad game please don't lynch me guys I could THEN see these being appeals to (more or less) not lynch me. However... this isn't the case. The defense wasn't at all even a defense for crying out loud.
601: Equi changes her vote here... and I call bussing on it (as again I believed she and confid were scum). I respond to SC saying that i'm saying my responses have been "You'll be sorry". I then ask SC about her saying there's quite possibly a connection between me and confid. I answer Agar's question. I state (how you put it) not understanding where the AtE is coming from. Then finally ask where the misrep was. Where in the world is all this fluff you seem to see?
2. Your the one commenting on night actions and seeing if they are reasonable or not... that's WIFOMY in my eyes in and of itself.. thus disturbing.
3. So... I should just take your word for it then? I think not... don't think I was using it heavily against you... but it was something of note.
... People were right it seems....
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:35 am

Post by singersigner »

drmyshotty wrote:Look at my other games I am NK'd ALOT!
1. You're either NKed, you're lynched, or you're mislynched.
2. You've been around less than I have, how many games could you have possibly been in that would constitute as "A LOT"?
3. Again, WHY DOES THAT MATTER?
silverbullet999 wrote:2. You
're
the one commenting on night actions and seeing if they are reasonable or not... that's WIFOMY in my eyes in and of itself.. thus disturbing.
1. I fixed your grammar.
2. It's WIFOM if you think it's indicative of alignment, and then start arguing as such.

I like tomatoes.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:46 am

1. I fixed your grammar.
2. It's WIFOM if you think it's indicative of alignment, and then start arguing as such.
1. Oh you are one of those eh?
2. I've said it was disturbing... The main thing i'm doing is arguing your case against me...
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Okay, finished reading over singer's notes, and I can see where she's coming from for pretty much all of it, although the comments on Prox (the person she's replacing) seem a bit odd coming from her.
Singer- Can you explain this in a little more detail? I still don't see why Zor would bus right after a maf death with other suspicious people around
(Zorblag’s 480 votes drmyshotty…looking like a bus to distance himself since he hasn’t done much posting of his own)

Case times.
silverbullet999 wrote:
rereading singer's stuff
Again this looks like everything prox done doesn't matter...

like you cleared singer from the one wall
Okay, no. Not only does me saying that I'm reading what singer made her notes on not indicative AT ALL of what I think her alignment is, but you're completely ignoring that Prox had just about nothing of his own opinion-wise to "matter", with the only thing of note that he did being with very few opinions on who's scum and promising content and failing to deliver. All you're doing is trying to deflect suspicion away from yourself by pointing out things you think are scummy that other people have done and hope that people latch on and let you be. The most recent vote you have that wasn't a reaction to other people thinking you were scummy was all the way back on
Day 2
The refusal to state opinions on players until after you've gotten a few votes is ridiculously anti-town, and you've just been making shit up in recent posts to try and make other people look suspicious. You ignored Chrono's wagon and after considering voting a scum and a town player, you vote someone else entirely to avoid reminding people about your earlier vote ideas.
Given your attempts to deflect attention to Prox/singer, I'm fairly certain that she's not scum with you.
And you sir, are scum.
Vote: silverbullet999
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by singersigner »

Gammagooey wrote:Singer- Can you explain this in a little more detail? I still don't see why Zor would bus right after a maf death with other suspicious people around (Zorblag’s 480 votes drmyshotty…looking like a bus to distance himself since he hasn’t done much posting of his own)
Well, mostly it has to do with how suspicious I see drmyshotty being, and the fact that Zorblag flipped scum (though that wasn't known then, it's simply hindsight). Since there are two mafia factions, it was my theory that Chrono was in one faction, and Zorblag and drmy might be in another. I don't think there needs to be a reason like that to bus. From what I've seen, bussing is a gut instinct, so my gut instinct was that might've been what it was. I'm not focusing on him right now, though, mostly for reasons being that I think silverbullet is scummier.

I like tomatoes.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

Alright, looking back through some ISO's, the Dr.'s is standing out. Most of his votes are accompanied with no explanation, and many of which seem to be jumping on bandwagons. tumescene did nothing to help the slot.
silverbullet999 wrote:well my top suspect down the drain... and I was wrong.... my other suspect a mislynch... a double wrong...

hmmm.... 2 scum left....

Why did singer get an extra night to catch up? Sort of a little suspicious of that...

gotta reread apparently.
I don't like this post. silver tries to suggest that singer is suspicious/scum because he was given an extra day to catch up. I'm pretty sure that it would be the same rule for both town and scum, so why would letting someone catch up be a read? There are 2 scum left, and so the other partner would be able to send in a kill anyway.

oh, and silver. about people posting. sorry to tell you, but there are people who posted less.
---dr. and tume add up to 34
---Kage has 17
---singer/prox/paltry is 34
---and I have 18.
does that make all of us scum? what was your point about posts and gamma. I know that i personally tend to post less, and make sure that my posts are relevant and decent when I make them, as opposed to putting every thought i have down right when it comes to me.
KageLord wrote:It's a bit disconcerting how quickly the Chrono wagon is taking off. Sure he's lurking, but is that really what we want to be going after at this point? Smells like at least 1 scum on the wagon to me. But I suppose we can wait for a Chrono flip before deciding on that, if people are adamant about lynching him.
This post doesn't sit well with me, given that Chrono turned out to be scum. Kage hasn't been overly scummy, but I don't see how he has helped much as town. Not a top suspect right now, but I want to look into him more. I have other suspects at the moment (see above) who are scummier, so he can wait.

And finally, singer/prox/paltry

Paltry, first off, seems to look like town to me, nothing in particular stands out as scummy action. Prox, on the other hand, begins by avoiding most of the questions, and making comments like "mhm" on many of the quotes. A lot of his posts seem to say, "I like what's going on, continue." and "I'll post content later". Now, singer seems to be contributing well. So I'm inclined to write off Prox's time as a member of the slot as someone uninterested, and call it town.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by AGar »

I have a headache from another game.

Like legit headache. VC analysis will come when I get to it.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:09 am

I'm loving this. Gamma your insinuating that me saying you keep clearing prox is me trying to deflect suspicion away from me to her.
I'm stating this because I'm finding your actions more and more ridiculous and this is one of the reasons why I suspect you of being scum.
Please tell me how you go through a whole day COMPLETELY IGNORING the main arguments going on between me and equi. You never picked a side... you just stood there and watched. And when the confid wagon started, who jumped on it? YOU
But today... when singer posts her things (and btw singer you still haven't replied to number 1) you go... HEY! I agree with singer! Silver is SCUM!
Magic must be with you to have such glorious realizations just now.

Smash, the post count was not a VITAL part of the case but it does make gamma easy to read.
He spends at least 1/4 of the post begging for prox to state something.
He states his suspicion of the prox slot through the whole game.
He himself states the prox slot needs to be looked at closely.
What does his next post do? Suggests joining the wagon she starts and then... hey the next post he decides to join it when I find his change of opinion interesting to say the least.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:42 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Here're my reads on the people other than drmyshottyizsik:

AGar:
is my strongest town read.
Gammagoey:
Neutral. His reasons for refraining from drmyshottyizsik are odd to me, and his last post comes off as saying silverbullet999 hasn't been useful since Day 2, on which I beg to differ. I'm probably reading the post wrong, though, so I'll get by with a clarification. Good scumhunting overall.
KageLord
in ISO gives me somewhat of a "not there" feeling, but that's really only explainable by his post count (18 so far) and the post themselves look fine.
smashbro_of_the_SSS:
Run that name by me again?
singersigner:
Her predecessors don't give me a strong read either way, but she's been a pretty strong force. The one nag I have—she's solid town, but this is what is keeping her out of the #1 slot—is that, in post #677, she says that "[y]ou're either NKed, you're lynched, or you're mislynched." Not only do I feel her differentiation between a lynch and a mislynch in this context unnatural, but she fails to bring up the possibility of a modkill, which has happened twice this game. (There are also other ways to get killed in Mafia games, but nothing else is possible, so I feel it a waste of time to get on her about that.)
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Oops—left off silverbullet999. I may be in error to him silverbullet999 leniency as his play in ISO just doesn't seem right until recently, probably for not scumhunting until today, so he's my second pick for scum.

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Papa Zito »

The penguins attacked at dawn.

Emboldened by their earlier success, an army of waddling mayhem descended upon the ragtag survivors as the sun broke the horizon. Their shrill cries pierced the air and the sound of war drums froze the players' hearts.

Wearily, the minor leaguers gathered twisted bits of metal and heavy suitcases to meet the onslaught. They knew abandoning the wreck of the plane meant certain death, and so it was with great resignation that they formed a ragged circle in the face of the horde.

Second Votecount of Day 5

2. KageLord (0):
5. Gammagooey (1): silverbullet999
6. AGar (0):
9. drmyshottyizsik (2): AGar, KageLord
11. StrangerCoug (0):
12. smashbro_of_the_SSS (0):
16. singersigner (0):
18. silverbullet999 (2): singersigner, Gammagooey

Players not voting: drmyshottyizsik, StrangerCoug, smashbro_of_the_SSS

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The current wagon leaders are
drmyshottyizsik
and
silverbullet999
at L-3.
Deadline: September 11th @ 11:59PM CST
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

This is really sad either me or SB are going to be lynched, and not great reasons are given for either, but town what if we are both town people?
Say I'm lynched, when I flip town and it goes to night time mafia get rid of two more townies. Then because I flipped town SB is killed, then he flipps town and mafia get two more out of the way, just because this town is so hell bent on me and him, and isn't taking the time to scum hunt else where
#freeShotty
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, now you're making me debate whether you are so much as awake. When did I put two killing roles in this game?

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Now I'm confused. only 1 killing role is needed for above senerio
#freeShotty
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Then why are you talking about the Mafia getting rid of two people per night?

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:56 pm

no the first person is a mafia driven mislynch,
#freeShotty
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

You should have made that clearer then.

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:23 pm

I was talking about two days passing I thought it was obvious
#freeShotty
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

But you're talking about two deaths per cycle. That's what messed me up.

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:43 pm

ya sorry i'll be more specific from now on
#freeShotty
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:07 pm

I literally laughed for five minutes for the conversation between you two

sorry for the fluff but I needed to let ya know haha.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@silver- I voted Confid because I thought out of everyone left he was the most likely to be scum considering his lack of content and opportunistic voting. Assuming that he DID flip scum, you weren't that likely to be his partner based on his easy vote on you, with Prox being a likely partner. I had already stated that I thought Equi was town and didn't see the point in repeating it. With Confid having flipped town, that changed and with two scum left and your reactionary voting and odd behavior around Chrono I'll be damn surprised if you aren't one of them.

@SC-It's not a content thing, it's a voting thing. I view it as him being worried about people turning on them should he contribute to his lynch, so he avoids more than pokes at what he thinks other people would find scummy until he thinks that voting someone won't make them more likely to try and get him lynched (since they're already trying to.)
In regards to drmyshotty, Troll isn't dumb, and my view of him trying to get drmyshotty lynched then is that it would be dumb to do if he's scum-partners with him, and unless I missed something nobody except singer has given me even an attempt at telling me Why they think Troll would bus drmyshotty assuming that they're scum together.

@singer-There's only one mafia faction, SC was talking about it way long agoes but it's just one team with two separate possible power role combinations, not two teams each with one possible PR. With regards to the gut instinct stuff, no offense but do Troll's posts look like he's a big gut player to you? His posts look pretty carefully thought out, and I doubt he'd put the first vote that could potentially lead to a lynch on his scum partner without thinking it through hard first.

Side note-I've got my first college project this year due on Friday, I should be able to read and post a few thoughts tommorrow and thursday but don't expect any big posts from me until Friday afternoon or so.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:33 pm

It's not a content thing, it's a voting thing. I view it as him being worried about people turning on them should he contribute to his lynch, so he avoids more than pokes at what he thinks other people would find scummy until he thinks that voting someone won't make them more likely to try and get him lynched (since they're already trying to.)
Is this related to me? If so, I'm a little lost at the implication and would like clarification.
With Confid having flipped town, that changed and with two scum left and your reactionary voting and odd behavior around Chrono I'll be damn surprised if you aren't one of them.
What exactly constitutes as odd behavior around chrono? Also even day 1 I've had more reactions then anything else... (points to shattered... way back when)
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by singersigner »

StrangerCoug wrote:singersigner: Her predecessors don't give me a strong read either way, but she's been a pretty strong force. The one nag I have—she's solid town, but this is what is keeping her out of the #1 slot—is that, in post #677, she says that "[y]ou're either NKed, you're lynched, or you're mislynched." Not only do I feel her differentiation between a lynch and a mislynch in this context unnatural, but she fails to bring up the possibility of a modkill, which has happened twice this game. (There are also other ways to get killed in Mafia games, but nothing else is possible, so I feel it a waste of time to get on her about that.)
The speculation about how you die was regarding what we as a town (as a whole, with mafia infiltrating town) have the power to do. Modkills out of it. Does that make more sense?

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”